Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

EDITH AND ARCHIE Bunker were Honey Boo Boos. They are everywhere you go in the South. Sometimes, the truth hurts.

WE ARE ON THE Do Not Call telephone list; however, we get four or five calls per week from credit card service telling me my credit card is going to expire. Then the phone rings and it is someone telling me they are from the FBI and we are having break-ins in our neighborhood, which is false. Does anybody know who to stop these scammers? I am sick and tired of them using my phone, which I pay for, to promote their scams.

IF A CANDIDATE for the Augusta Commission works for the state in a position that requires him to be on call seven days per week, 24 hours per day and we pay him for that as an exempt employee, why would we want to pay him to be a commissioner? I bet if elected he will be a big no-show and we will not be represented.

A RANT TO SO-CALLED teachers and preachers who spew hate toward people, white or black, who disagree with them and call them racists and Uncle Toms. I am white and I did not vote for Obama, not because of color. He had no background in politics. No one knew him. I did not vote for Carter for the same reason. Only an idiot votes for someone because of the color of his skin.

I DID NOT HEAR A word about the five escaped prisoners on my phone machine. I live near that facility, and I would like to know if I could be in danger.

WHAT WAS SO surprising about the Cherry Tree Crossing story was that the mother, grandmother, nieces and
nephews all live in Cherry Tree Crossing. It must be a complex for people who don’t want to work or pay for their own rent. It is for generations of people in the same family living off the government and the taxpayers.

I AM CONSTANTLY getting a crease on the second page of the paper you have to unfold before you can even read it. Somebody needs to fix your machinery.

THE LONGER WE MAKE it easy for all these illegitimate babies to be born for these teens and the more money we give them when they have them, the more will have them.

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK for support for Freddie Sanders for sheriff of Richmond County. He has the qualifications and experience and is the best candidate.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/01/12 - 07:51 am
I 100% agree with this....

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/01/12 - 07:54 am
B4

Hiding out and laying low - thought I'd have to find you yesterday to kick RA's fanny cause he was acting ugly to many of us :) He must have been a drill sergeant in his former life. His motto: My way or the highway! Sean - this is meant as a joke.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/01/12 - 08:08 am
hahah Lilly

Sometimes I just put my good ole country music on from years ago.....some hate it & some love it....

I'm gonna send this one to Rebellious.....while he cooks his butts he can play this sweet music......cgee loves it......sarge does too....llamb likes country too....even hot shot rm......& some other real southerners on here.....

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/01/12 - 08:09 am
Sandy

JAY LENO: Economists say rebuilding after Hurricane Sandy will give the ailing construction industry a huge boost. In fact, the storm has already created more jobs than President Obama has.

KSL
KSL 11/01/12 - 08:25 am
Bet Obama will try to claim

Bet Obama will try to claim creation of those jobs.

Dudeness
Dudeness 11/01/12 - 08:41 am
Contrasting Sanders vs. Roundtree

Imagine how many more criminals would roam our streets if Roundtree had been the Sheriff in recent years. From a story on WRDW where one innocent man was caught up in Operation Smoke Screen in which nearly 100 criminals were caught:

So what's the future of these major roundups?

Roundtree
"My platform has been the same on that," said Democratic candidate for sheriff Richard Roundtree. "I have been against a massive rounding up of individuals."

Roundtree says he follows a specific motto.

"I would rather let 10 guilty men go free than send one innocent man to jail," he said. "That is the mentality we have to take."

Sanders
Republican challenger Freddie Sanders could not disagree more.

"You can't do that. He's not even upholding his office if he does that." Sanders said. "These sting operations are good. If they arrest somebody that didn't do it, that's wrong, but that doesn't mean you throw out the sting operation."

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/01/12 - 08:44 am
Making movies in Atlanta

Maybe Roundtree can come to Atlanta & make some movies....a new career maybe....Tyler Perry is hiring...:)

Dudeness
Dudeness 11/01/12 - 08:45 am
Solution for spam calls

I have to keep telling my wife this, but a ringing telephone is not an obligation. If you do not recognize the phone number or just do not want to talk to the person calling at the time, do not answer. I almost never pick up if the number does not look at least somewhat familiar to me, so I never have to deal with telemarketing or spam calls and I use very little of our monthly minutes. There are many times that I do not answer even if I do recognize the number just because I don't feel like talking.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/01/12 - 08:51 am
B4

The leader of the pack :)

KSL
KSL 11/01/12 - 08:52 am
Based on those statements of

Based on those statements of Roundtree's, I would expect to see the crime rate in Richmond Co. escalate tremendously if he is elected.

Dudeness
Dudeness 11/01/12 - 08:55 am
North vs. South

If we are going to compare the South to Honey Boo Boo (who I have never watched, but have heard enough to understand the implication), I would liken the North to Bridezillas. I'm starting to think the swell of people lacking in manners around here has been trickling down from people who fled the northern states to multiply down here.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/01/12 - 08:58 am
Crime

You are correct, KSL. It is irresponsible to do away completely with sting operations just because an innocent party might be caught up in the drag net. Sheriff Strength and Lt. Peebles were careful and thoughtful about how they set up the stings. Those stings were not run by rogue, ill-trained underlings; but instead were conducted professionally.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/01/12 - 09:00 am
Cool weather here this am...

Nice & cool this am.....makes joints ache & hurt....I see on other blogs that many are having the joint problems with this weather.....maybe somebody can come up with a solution for this.....they could make MILLIONS if they do....now a big AJC to read....seeyall.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/01/12 - 09:42 am
RM

I went on youtube to see Honey Boo boo - was that the Ogeechee the mama wouldn't let them jump in? (And then she let them jump in that other thing) And they could probably power that whole area w/their (excuse me) flatulence. I don't know what to think - wish Daddy was here to see it, but he'd probably throw the tv away!

KSL
KSL 11/01/12 - 10:09 am
As would mine, Lily.

As would mine, Lily.

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 11/01/12 - 10:18 am
Baggage

I am pretty sure SANDERS has baggage. His baggage has not been outed as Roundtree's has.....

We all have done some silly things in life. He that is without, cast the first one.

Fact is, Roundtree is the best fit for acceptance by the community and he is qualified. He is younger and has fresh ideas about change. Sanders is apart of the same ol' same.

If Roundtree does not win...there will surely be ______________.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/01/12 - 10:55 am
What about the lone man in

What about the lone man in Honey Boo Boo. The toothless guy sits on the sofa in the midst of all that. The show I saw they went to Macon for one contest. I'm not sure where they live. Anyone know? It's also funny the way the camera shows the train going by close to their house all the time.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/01/12 - 11:03 am
The Most Amazing Thing About Sheriff's Election

The most amazing thing about the series of votes for sheriff is Peebles turning on his supporters to back Roundtree. I'd say Peebles' political career is finished. And his police career may not be looking too good, no matter who wins.

rebellious
rebellious 11/01/12 - 11:03 am
Seenit

Nice listening.

Question for Countyman. When did Augusta decide the only way to add revenue streams, and those streams flow to private tourist based downtown businesses, was to become a tourist destination? Why this fixation on an itenerant tourism trade? The dollars flow to businesses within walking, taxi distance to the venue. The only benefit to taxpayers for these "investments" is the portion of sales tax we are apportioned by the state.

Let me hear the efforts we are taking towards making Augusta attractive for people to build homes, add value to vacant lots, and increase our tax base. As I have stated before, we continue to build and rebuild homes for the entitled, improve roads for people in neighboring counties to enter and exit, and raise taxes to drive existing residents out of the county.

Now I am not saying favor one completely over the other, but at least a balanced approach!

rebellious
rebellious 11/01/12 - 11:05 am
Henry

What goes in the blank in your ststement?

If Roundtree does not win...there will surely be ______________.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/01/12 - 11:09 am
Seenit

My knee pain is from getting it scoped yesterday. WOW! I didn't think anything could ache worse than a toothache. Thanks to "better living through chemistry"; I got it calmed down somewhat by the wee hours.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 11/01/12 - 11:13 am
@ HWalker3rd

"Fact is, Roundtree is the best fit for acceptance by the community..."
______________________________________

You want to explain that little comment, Hank? I sure don't see it that way. He might fit in with some, but I just can't help but wonder how you could conclude that a person like Roundtree, with all his missteps and issues re: questionable actions, would be found acceptable by intelligent or responsible citizens.

countyman
countyman 11/01/12 - 11:35 am
pot meet kettle

Seenitb4. The best post from you are the multiple comments on every article related to crime in Richmond County, and you live in Gwinnett county.

I mean you live in Gwinnett where mexican cartels have drug houses. and stock piles on guns in suburban neighborhoods.

rebellious
rebellious 11/01/12 - 11:37 am
Henry not answering his phone

If Roundtree does not win...there will surely be ______________.

In regards to this statement, If Roundtree is not elected, and if there is _______________, those participating in ______________ need be aware that Gun and ammo sales are at an alltime high. Those who may be the target of _____________ will most likely not cower in fear but rather defend their property.

So, proceed with caution.

Oh and if __________ means "crying", then nevermind!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/01/12 - 11:38 am
My dear countyman...

The people I love more than myself actually live in Richmond county or the csra......we own land near he csra.....my friends are running for office in the csra.....I lived in Augusta for MANY years.....born & raised there......I don't have to explain ANYTHING to you on why I post there now do I??
Atlanta area is loaded with crime & I will never deny that....btw.....you do still rent in Augusta ..right?? When you tell others to step back & exit just what do you mean countyman......leave this place for good & let your posts remain.....read Rebellious post......he is making sense about Augusta ....too bad some won't listen to his words....
When Sean tells me to get off...I will..... but your words are water on a ducks back.....GEEZ man..

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/01/12 - 11:39 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 11/01/12 - 11:41 am
BTW

I hate crime everywhere...I even post about what happens here .....even give links to some.....evidently you only read Augusta posts....
heh heh....You make me wanta POST ANY MORE...thanks.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/01/12 - 11:42 am
And she's got her spurs on!

hahaha - too funny! B4 - we've got your back!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/01/12 - 11:50 am
haaha

countyman is probably mad because of the posts concerning the Tee deal....amazing how some articles disappear into thin air....it is important that the taxpayers KNOW where the $$ is going......you wre funny telling posters to exit if they didn't tow YOUR line.....I wanted to post but DIDN'T...but will now....
ALL THOSE PLANNING TO EXIT BECAUSE COUNTYMN ASKED PLS RAISE YOUR HAND.....lallalala

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/01/12 - 11:53 am
hahha funny Lilly

That's ok....someone has hurt his feelings & he has to kick something.....he only inspires me...:)

James Brown's widow legal spouse, judge rules

Tomi Rae Hynie Brown was the legally surviving spouse of soul singer James Brown at the time of his death because her earlier marriage to a bigamist was ruled invalid, according to a court order ...