Health Care

More | | | Editor

MCG doctor reported missing

Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2012 12:20 PM
Last updated 9:30 PM

A Medical College of Georgia Hospital doctor has been reported missing, and authorities are asking for assistance in their search.

John Janik
John Janik

Dr. John Edward Janik, 61, the director of the Immune Therapy Clinical Trial Program, left his North Augusta home around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday but never showed up for his 7 a.m. meeting at the hospital.

Janik’s wife told North Augusta officers that she is unaware of any problems that would make him unreachable.

He was last seen wearing a brown jacket and pants with a white shirt and driving a burgundy 1995 Chevrolet Camaro with a South Carolina license plate of 6839FS.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 10/31/12 - 12:25 pm
Doctor missing

Two very inappropriate comments - could have saved yourselves the trouble.
I sincerely hope that the doctor is OK and will soon be found, safe and sound. My best wishes to his family who I know is quite anxious.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 10/31/12 - 12:45 pm
Dr. Janik is a very good guy

and we are all extremely worried about him.

I ask all my AC friends and other than friends to pray for him, please, for his safety and for his family.

Many thanks.

Aug_Citizen_0037
Aug_Citizen_0037 10/31/12 - 12:51 pm
A great person to work with

My stomach dropped when I learned of this. Dr. Janik has been a great asset to GHSU since he came here last Spring, bringing with him all of his experience from working at the National Cancer Institute. He's a great man to work with, and I know we all just want him to get back home safely. My heart goes out to his family. :(

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 10/31/12 - 01:31 pm
Dr. Janik

THANK YOU - AC for removing those first two insulting comments!!

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 10/31/12 - 06:22 pm
Why in the world would anyone

Why in the world would anyone want to make bad comments in a situation like this?? I didn't see them,and I'm glad I didn't.

Dixieman
Dixieman 10/31/12 - 06:26 pm
Is crime suspected?

Can't figure this one out.

KSL
KSL 10/31/12 - 07:19 pm
Don't think it is for us to

Don't think it is for us to figure out. Just to provide useful information.

Tots
Tots 10/31/12 - 07:22 pm
Praying,

For you Dr Janik,may you be found soon.....

Dixieman
Dixieman 10/31/12 - 11:06 pm
Austin Rhodes

said on his show at 3:00 Wednesday that his police contacts said they did not think foul play was involved. So...what is going on? Hope they find him soon

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/01/12 - 06:54 am
Hope he is okay.

Whatever it is, I hope he is okay. Positive thoughts for him.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/01/12 - 08:01 am
JMO

I saw them - I think the commenter was on the wrong page and deep in his cups.

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 11/01/12 - 08:14 am
He's baaaaaaack!!

He's back home again. No details given in the email which I just received but his temporary disappearance would appear to have been entirely voluntary.

Jackass.

RogueKnight
RogueKnight 11/01/12 - 08:58 am
Now that Doctor Janik

has been found and is safe, I have to ask the question. I wonder if the burgandy '95 Z28 Camaro he drives is the same one I used to own 12 years ago. :-)