Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

TO ALL THE PEOPLE with disabilities who permanently place your parking permit on your rearview mirror. That is in violation of the permit. It clearly states on the permit to remove it while car is in motion.

THE WEATHERPERSON on TV said that I should leave my windows open all night and enjoy the beautiful fall weather. That brings back memories of a time when it was safe to do that.

WHAT IS HAPPENING to our nice neighborhoods in North Augusta? I know at least two cars in my community that have no tags and are broken. Will someone please enforce the law; I am tired of paying taxes for these free loaders.

LOCAL SCHOOLS ARE so bad, why not strip power from local school boards. Vote for the charter school amendment.

TO THE DRIVER OF THE gold Cadillac sedan that hit the white SUV while trying to park your car in the Macy’s entrance parking lot: Shame on you! Unfortunately, I wasn’t fast enough to get your registration before you drove off.

RANT TO CHRONICLE Jumble producers. For the second time in 10 years, you have made an error.

RAVE FOR THE improved ink The Augusta Chronicle uses now. Doesn’t smudge so much as the old variety.

JOHN BARROW IS NOT telling the whole story. The 9 percent national sales tax is in lieu of the 15-35 percent federal income tax, not in addition to it. The Democrats don’t like a national sales tax because everyone would pay.

MAYBE THE REASON they spray-painted the Romney-Ryan yard signs a few weeks ago is that you can’t find anywhere in Columbia County that has Obama-Biden yard signs.

IF YOU ARE GETTING married this year, choose Dec. 12 at noon. You will have four 12s. This is the last year you will be able to do this.

PLEASE MAKE THESE fairs nonsmoking. I was at the Richmond County fair and had to dodge smokers left and right. Columbia County, your fair is coming up. Please make it a nonsmoking fair. It would be so much better for people who have lung conditions and small children and people in general who don’t want to smell the stink.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 06:21 pm
TO ALL THE PEOPLE

Cut them some slack. Don't you realize that the inability to READ is also considered a handicap.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:06 pm
THE WEATHERPERSON

It was real nice way back then when there was no pollutant in the air or fear of a gun stuck through the window. Them there days done gone forever.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:11 pm
WHAT IS HAPPENING

"I am tired of paying taxes for these free loaders."

I think it would be better to say; I am tired of paying taxes and having my property devalued.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:12 pm
Fools_and_sages
Fools_and_sages 10/30/12 - 04:13 pm
Somebody must be really old. . .

There has been some kind of pollution in the air since the 1800s, when coal-powered steam manufacturing machines were used in factories and when coal stoves and coal furnaces were popular in many homes. So, if you remember a time without pollution, you must be like over 200 years old.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:16 pm
TO THE DRIVER OF THE

I believe it would be easier to get the license plate number, then try asking personally for the registration.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:17 pm
RANT TO ‘CHRONICLE’

Sorry, I just don't get that one.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:21 pm
RAVE FOR THE

May I ask what you were using the "old variety" for?

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:22 pm
JOHN BARROW IS NOT

John Barrow has never told the whole story on anything. Period.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:24 pm
MAYBE THE REASON

Ain't that the truth....citizens of intelligence.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:26 pm
MAYBE THE REASON

It would be one way of remembering your Anniversary. (Or wanting to Forgetting It)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 10/30/12 - 04:26 pm
My R/R

Has anyone thought of the fact that our nation is demoralized – we - (that’s in we – the United States)had our own brave men in Libya fighting for themselves and our ambassador – out gunned and outnumbered. I know that at least 53% of us would put down our plows and rush to fight with those brave men! WHERE WERE OUR LEADERS!!!! I am so ashamed. Lilly

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:29 pm
PLEASE MAKE THESE

Went to Aiken County Fair Friday, was there for 3 hours and never saw one person smoking. Big difference between citizens of Aiken and Richmond.
and
I don't think you will see anybody smoking at CC fair either.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:31 pm
WHY DOES THE PRICE

Just another incumbents way of getting your vote.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:34 pm
Lilly

FIRST, you must have leaders before you ask for a leader. Sorry, none available.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 04:41 pm
Yea F_a_s

Way back them I was also not worried about Liberial mindset of Global Warming" either!

Jake
Jake 10/30/12 - 04:55 pm
Gas Prices

Even as we speak, the wheels are turning about how to increase the price of gas because of Sandy.

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/30/12 - 05:48 pm
LillyfromtheMills10/30/12 - 05:26 pm

Lillyofthemills writes: "I know that at least 53% of us would put down our plows and rush to fight with those brave men! "

Actually a very large percentage of those who have and/or still are serving America are among the 47% you're presuming wouldn't serve.

I know this to be a fact as I'm now one of them after 20 years in the military and a total of 55 years of paying into Social Security-since 1960 no less. There are many more in the same boat.

By the way, we all still pay taxes of some sort in some way. Every single one of us.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 06:34 pm
RA

My pleasure to give an upper for that one.

Tots
Tots 10/30/12 - 07:33 pm
CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 07:34 pm
Tots

Definitely don't worry about it. It will never stop me from liking you.

As you see, my lover gave me 14 downers.

CobaltGeorge 10/30/12 - 07:37 pm
Tots,

What the heck happened to your post, did you pull it or AC?

countyman
countyman 10/30/12 - 08:19 pm
Colbalt.. I hope you don't

Colbalt.. I hope you don't think the fair in Richmond County is mostly full of residents from the county...

That's more like the fairs held in Columbia and Aiken counties... It would be even worse if the fair was held on Jimmie Dyess near Fort Gordon instead of East Augusta.

fedex227
fedex227 10/30/12 - 08:27 pm
Last rant.

"WHY DOES THE PRICE of gas always go down right before elections? It has done that for as long as I can remember."

Perhaps it's because this is the time of year that refineries switch from the more expensive summer-grade fuel to the less expensive winter-grade fuel? I wasn't educated in Georgia, so I may be way off on this.

Jake
Jake 10/30/12 - 09:58 pm
Halloween

A thought came to me tonight when I was helping my daughter carve a pumpkin to put on the porch for tomorrow night. As a kid in the late 50's and early 60's, we never had a pumpkin to carve. The old man was a sergeant in the army and there were 7 of us kids. Money was scarce so the thought of buying something like a pumpkin that you couldn't eat and make a decoration out of it was just out of the question. We did Trick or Treats but on Powell Rd the houses were few and far between.
You had to hike your can off to get a decent amount of candy. Where were subdivisions when you needed them?

F4therTime
F4therTime 10/30/12 - 10:43 pm
RA

I wish you libs would quit taking the 47% comment out of context. He didn't mean people who earned their SS. He meant the sorry lazy do nothings that have never contributed anything to society.

Young Fred
20766
Young Fred 10/30/12 - 11:14 pm
Fair smoking

"PLEASE MAKE THESE fairs nonsmoking"

Smoking at FAIRS?! Gasp!

LOL, please make this country non-stupid. Too late!

Young Fred
20766
Young Fred 10/30/12 - 11:16 pm
F4therTime, “They” know

F4therTime,
“They” know exactly what you're talking about, “they” never let a fact get in the way of a talking point.

single parent
single parent 10/31/12 - 12:30 am
WOW

@Lilly What is so brave about fighting in a country you have "NO" business with your rump there in the first place? Word from a been there done that; "It is known of what you are getting into before you go there to stick your nose in others business" Ask yourself these question: What exactly are you diplomating? Ever been to one of these places? It is like going to Haiti one side of the mountain is beautiful, the other side is the ultimate in poverty. See where I am going with this.
If you want things non smoking you should not be able to enjoy the perks from the taxes paid on smoking products. It is like an animal lover that does not eat meat, guess what enjoying a plant it is still alive! By the way I do not smoke.
He meant exactly what he said about the 47%. The man has a bad habit of talking before he thinks on a constant basis Liberal, Repub or what ever that is not a good idea when trying to run a country!
I am tired of paying taxes for freeloaders myself, but government payroll does not just fall out of the sky. Believe it or not do the math on military and government staffing. It far out weighs public assistance. What you do not realize is if you get something free in this country it is always put back in some form or fashion.
Bottom line is all of this a bunch of complaining over nothing! You want to make a real complaint? How about a 13 year old kills someone and he/she gets 5 years. A grown up kills someone they get 3 years. You shoot a dog that bit your child I do not even want to get into that. You snatch a purse you get 20 years. See my point? Make a complaint about something that matters, not just flapping your gums to take in air.
We are on our way to the MAD MAX theory of living as the human race.

Trouble
Trouble 10/31/12 - 05:20 am
morning

there are a couple r/r's that i would comment on this morning, but i am afraid anything i say would get me banned, so until i find out why my post was pulled yesterday, i will refrain.....