News |   Obits |   Sports |   Business |   Opinion |   Things to Do |   Life |   Blogs |   Photos |   Video |   Data |   Jobs |   Homes |   Autos |   Buy/Sell

Rants & Raves

I WILL BE SO HAPPY when the elections are over. The “mud-slinging” ads are childish, ignorant and annoying. And if you are a politician who calls my private phone at home to solicit a vote, know that your call guarantees that you will not get my vote.

I THINK I CAN speak for anyone who works in a busy medical or dental office ... Patients need to be on time or arrive a little early for their appointments! Stop getting upset when you are not seen because you are too late. If you are going to be late, just call and reschedule. It creates less stress and drama. I don’t know about other offices, but because of the way we schedule our appointments we rarely or never make patients wait to be seen.

GEORGE BUSH LED THIS country to the brink of disaster. I fear that even though the odds of Romney getting elected are slim, he just might push this great country over the edge this time. I do not trust the man.

AMAZING HOW attention to what’s happening in Libya is the focus for Obama bashers now that employment, housing and job numbers are improving.

I’M 61 AND FINANCIALLY comfortable. I can’t understand why Mitt Romney would want to take on the headaches of this country. My feeling is that he truly cares about what the future of this country will be for his children, grandkids and all Americans in years to come. I say we give him a chance. His four years can’t be any worse than the last four.

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW about Congressman John Barrow is that President Obama wants Barrow to win.

IN RECOGNITION OF their past two years, all members of Congress should return their salaries to the U.S. Treasury. No work equals no pay.

I LOST MY CELLPHONE at the Evans Walmart on Oct. 16. Someone turned it in, and I want to thank them very much.

THE WINNER IN A DEBATE is the one who tells the truth, no matter the style, demeanor, whatever. Obama last told the truth one day in 1980 or so. Romney states common sense.

happychimer 10/28/12 - 01:24 pm
A person in jail who has been

A person in jail who has been convicted of a misdemeanor should be able to vote. Also those arrested but not convicted yet should be able to vote.

countyman
19166
countyman 10/28/12 - 01:35 pm
The last parking study done

The last parking study done was in the year 2005 correct. The total price of the study was around $50k.

Bass Pro announced their weren't building as many new stores due to the national economy. This is not unique to Augusta, and they'll return later down the road. Savannah, metro Atlanta, and Macon all have Bass Pro anyway. Whille Costco only has a few locations in metro Atlanta and Augusta.

The parking has improved downtown with the addition of the surface lots near the Judicial Center(I personally hate surface lots downtown instead of parking decks). The parking deck next to the TEE Center is another improvement related to parking.

harley_52
harley_52 10/28/12 - 01:57 pm
I Have No Problem...

...with handcuffed people being taken out of jail and driven to the polls and then being schooled on voting democrat. Nor do I have any problem with welfare queens receiving the same treatment. It fits the stereotype perfectly.

harley_52
harley_52 10/28/12 - 02:14 pm
Riverman Said....

As usual, I completely agree with Riverman.

happychimer 10/28/12 - 03:07 pm
So Harley you want to deny

happychimer 10/28/12 - 03:10 pm
Instead of telling anyone who

Instead of telling anyone who to vote for, I tell them to get out and vote their choice.

happychimer 10/28/12 - 03:18 pm
and I voted the 1st day of

and I voted the 1st day of early voting.

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/28/12 - 03:43 pm
Republican Truth Teller

Ranter #5 Writes:"THE DOCUMENTARY 2016: Obama’s America is now available at Redbox. If you plan to vote, please take time to view this important film."

Yes, please do rent this movie. Dinesh D'souza, the producer is going to be needing some serious cash(for his divorce) after Kings College sacked him for his affair with a student.

Ah well, at least it wasn't in a men's stall in a public airport and the student was a female for a change. Things are looking up on the moral front for the Republican party.

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/28/12 - 03:33 pm
Uuuuhhh?

Ranter #6 writes: "I’M 61 AND FINANCIALLY comfortable"

Oh? Even after the last four years? Must've been in the stock market when Obama took office. That would've made anyone financially stable. Pretty poor performance by a Commie, socialist, Kenyan, Marxist, anti-business Democrat wouildn't you say?

Oh, for the less than enthused, THAT was Sarcasm!

justthefacts
20466
justthefacts 10/28/12 - 03:36 pm
What?

Where did harley say he wanted to deny anyone their right to vote? Thankfully, a vote for President Obama in the great state of Ga. is nothing but a waste of good gasoline.

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/28/12 - 03:41 pm
justthefacts10/28/12 - 03:36 pm

"a vote for President Obama in the great state of Ga. is nothing but a waste of good gasoline."

As usual, got your facts wrong. I can and did walk to our polling place here in Montclair.

justthefacts
20466
justthefacts 10/28/12 - 03:42 pm
Go ahead

Knock yourself out. Don't pull a hammy.

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/28/12 - 03:48 pm
justthefacts10/28/12 - 03:42 pm

My spouse, 5 adult children, their spouses all managed to get the polls without pulling a hammy or adding to the energy drain.

Nice neighborhood here in Montclair.

Obama 12, Romney 0. Now that's a family with values.

harley_52
harley_52 10/28/12 - 03:49 pm
Happpychimer said....

"So Harley you want to deny registered voters their right to vote, just because they are democrats and prefer to vote early? my goodness!"

Can you point to a comment I made that even remotely suggests that's what I want?

Or did you just make it up because it fits the point you're trying to make?

justthefacts
20466
justthefacts 10/28/12 - 03:51 pm
Sure

All families have values.

happychimer 10/28/12 - 04:13 pm
Harley look at your 2:14

Harley look at your 2:14 post.

happychimer 10/28/12 - 04:15 pm
and your 1:57

and your 1:57

happychimer 10/28/12 - 04:16 pm
I can afford 4 more yrs of

I can afford 4 more yrs of the same.

happychimer 10/28/12 - 04:19 pm
Whichever man wins the

Whichever man wins the election, we will survive.Obama got my vote.

harley_52
harley_52 10/28/12 - 04:33 pm
Happychimer said...

"Harley look at your 2:14 post." And she said "and your 1:57."

And from these two posts, she concludes that I "want to deny registered voters their right to vote, just because they are democrats and prefer to vote early? my goodness!"

See...this is why I am so in favor of doing whatever can be done to improve the public school system.

I see only three possibilities here...

1. I wasn't clear in what I wrote.

2. Happychimer didn't read what I wrote, but assumed I wrote what she thought I would write.

3. Happychimer intentionally misrepresented what I wrote.

I don't know what's the real story.

happychimer 10/28/12 - 04:38 pm
Yes improve the school system

Yes improve the school system so you can know what you say.

happychimer 10/28/12 - 04:41 pm
Harley this is what River

Harley this is what River said, and you agreed with him...."The problem is, I guarantee you liberals won't be staying home. They are all showing up to pull that Democratic lever for Barrow. He is a Jimmy Carter Democrat with national ambitions. Don't trust him. Vote for Anderson."

happychimer 10/28/12 - 04:42 pm
So you think it is a problem

So you think it is a problem that liberals won't be staying home. They are showing up to vote!

Tullie
Tullie 10/28/12 - 04:43 pm
I'm thinking

that someone in jail/prison would send in an absentee vote.

I really find it hard to believe that anyone that would need to be handcuffed would be taken to a public place and unhandcuffed to vote and then handcuffed again. Does not compute.

happychimer 10/28/12 - 04:44 pm
Now off to better things to

Now off to better things to do than listen to such nonsense

harley_52
harley_52 10/28/12 - 04:48 pm
"Whichever man wins the election, we will survive."

I disagree.

If Romney wins and Republicans control Congress, we have a chance of survival. If Romney wins and democrats control Congress, we have a lesser chance of survival, but it's still possible.

If Obama wins and democrats control Congress, we are doomed. Obama will pass whatever laws he chooses and the Supreme Court will support whatever he wants. This is because he will replace one to four Supreme Court Justices with people who will support his agenda.

If Obama wins and Republicans hold a veto proof majority, we have a very, very slight chance of survival, but social unrest may destroy us before economic chaos does.

KSL
KSL 10/28/12 - 05:06 pm
Why does one equate urging

Why does one equate urging Republicans to get out to vote because Democrats are to voter suppression. There is no logic in that.

Jake
Jake 10/28/12 - 05:13 pm
Survival

Whoever wins, I agree that we will survive. Just because "your man" or party does not win does not mean that the power structure in this country will not retain control. Business as usual in Washington DC no matter who wins.

harley_52
harley_52 10/28/12 - 05:42 pm
" There is no logic in that."

True, KSL, but what's new. There isn't any logic in most of what the left believes and what they post in here.

SOS.

For the record, I haven't suggested anybody be kept from voting. This includes non-convicted felons, petty criminals, occupy wall streeters, homosexuals, America haters, freeloaders, atheists, socialists, and any other democrats so long as they are all American citizens and therefore eligible to vote. No dead people and no multiple voters.

And I wholeheartedly encourage all Republicans to vote as well.

Property tax increase OK'd

Augusta commissioners broke a seven-year trend Wednesday and agreed 7-0 to raise property taxes by 1.75 mills to cover a deficit and provide employees a small bonus.