Rants & Raves

I WILL BE SO HAPPY when the elections are over. The “mud-slinging” ads are childish, ignorant and annoying. And if you are a politician who calls my private phone at home to solicit a vote, know that your call guarantees that you will not get my vote.

I THINK I CAN speak for anyone who works in a busy medical or dental office ... Patients need to be on time or arrive a little early for their appointments! Stop getting upset when you are not seen because you are too late. If you are going to be late, just call and reschedule. It creates less stress and drama. I don’t know about other offices, but because of the way we schedule our appointments we rarely or never make patients wait to be seen.

GEORGE BUSH LED THIS country to the brink of disaster. I fear that even though the odds of Romney getting elected are slim, he just might push this great country over the edge this time. I do not trust the man.

THE DOCUMENTARY 2016: Obama’s America is now available at Redbox. If you plan to vote, please take time to view this important film.

AMAZING HOW attention to what’s happening in Libya is the focus for Obama bashers now that employment, housing and job numbers are improving.

I’M 61 AND FINANCIALLY comfortable. I can’t understand why Mitt Romney would want to take on the headaches of this country. My feeling is that he truly cares about what the future of this country will be for his children, grandkids and all Americans in years to come. I say we give him a chance. His four years can’t be any worse than the last four.

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW about Congressman John Barrow is that President Obama wants Barrow to win.

IN RECOGNITION OF their past two years, all members of Congress should return their salaries to the U.S. Treasury. No work equals no pay.

I LOST MY CELLPHONE at the Evans Walmart on Oct. 16. Someone turned it in, and I want to thank them very much.

THE WINNER IN A DEBATE is the one who tells the truth, no matter the style, demeanor, whatever. Obama last told the truth one day in 1980 or so. Romney states common sense.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/27/12 - 10:13 pm
"...we rarely or never

... make patients wait to be seen."

I suppose with all the tens of thousands out there, there has to be one.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/27/12 - 11:15 pm
Yesterday

Good evening, folks. I missed yesterday's good dialog. I hope you don't mind, but I thought I would make my comments on yesterday's R&Rs on today's:

Jake, I gave you a thumbs up on your convention center/patch comment, but nobody will ever see it again.

To SeenIt and ranter #2: I voted Saturday afternoon. There was a line and it took about 40 minutes. The wait will be about half the time or less on election day, but I cannot vote on election day because I am a poll worker in a precinct other than my own. Anyway, I was pleased to vote for Freddie Sanders for sheriff. He's a fine man; the other is a scoundrel. I voted for Donnie Smith for commissioner. He has some weaknesses, for sure, but I have some personal experience with Ken Echols where I learned he is not one who will listen to a constituent. With Echols, it is his way or highway; kind of like Obama.

The thing that took me by surprise was when I had to vote for state representative. My neighborhood has been in District 123 for a lo-o-o-o-ong time; and the ballot had me voting for District 124. At first, I thought the electionic ballot system had given me the wrong ballot. But since the commission district was correct, I went ahead. When I got back home I looked at the voter card I received in the mail six or eight months ago and sure enough, my house is now in District 124. District 123 is currently served by Barbara Sims, a moderate Republican. District 124 is currently served by Wayne Howard, a liberal Democrat. Each one of them are unopposed in 2012. Maybe I need to run against Howard in 2014. He surely doesn't represent my ideas.

Convention Center

I don't think it will happen, but the best thing for the Commission to do this week is to

1. Deny the contracts with Riverfront LLC.

2. Authorize the Coliseum Authority to work with the current renters of the TEE Center and provide them the services they need for the rent they will pay. Commission to authorize a base amount of money to Coliseum Authority for personnel and materials. Extra expenses should be submitted to commission for approval or denial.

3. Request assistance from the Convention & Tourism Bureau to advise on reasonableness of expenses.

4. Contract with a management contract expert to write a bid proposal for TEE Center managment for a five year deal and bid it out. Award to the lowest bidder.

Tullie
Tullie 10/28/12 - 05:28 am
Rant #1 and Voting

I will be happy when the elections are over as well. The phone calls and the trash in the mail are annoying.

Little Lamb said: Oh, yes, what about the U.S. Representative race? Well, I don't like Anderson (big government, tax and spend Republican); and I don't like Barrow (pandering Democrat); and there was no Libertarian Party candidate on the ballot. So I left it blank.

My husband and I have been discussing this. We have heard several people indicate they feel as Lamb does. They have indicated they are voting but will leave the Respresentative blank.

Suleiman
Suleiman 10/28/12 - 06:31 am
Voting

What choice do you have when faced with two options of the Anderson/Barrow sort? In a state like Georgia (where write-in votes don't count unless the name written in was previously registered as a write-in candidate) there's really not much the voter can do but leave the slot blank.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/28/12 - 08:15 am
LLamb

You are making too much sense...maybe you should run for office...☺

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/28/12 - 08:17 am
Good Morning America ****Day 9****

Have any of you gotten up in the AM and read the R&R's and news and got a BLAAAH feeling? or is it only me.

I think I will be like some have commented, Just leave the comment blank.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/28/12 - 08:21 am
CGee

Go read the Sports page. You will feel much better. It's a beautiful day!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/28/12 - 08:38 am
Picky picky picky cgee

You want bells & whistles??
We are not enough for YOU anymore???

Next thing we know you will probably stray over to the Log Cabin posters with their pics & humor......gotta give them credit they are funny...

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/28/12 - 08:39 am
JTF

I think cgee would like the guns-& ammo magazine more than the sports page....:)

allhans
allhans 10/28/12 - 08:58 am
Interesting race..that of

Interesting race..that of sheriff. I wonder....
I won't vote for Obama which means I won't for for Barrow and I will probably go for Anderson.
I know he is not articulate like Mitt Romney, but you go with what you are given.

For the ranter talking about Libya, I watch lots and lots of Romney/Ryan speeches and I have never heard them mention Libya..perhaps you are getting your news from the wrong source. (Romney and Ryan has no control over what you, I or others say).
Having said that, I notice that when Obama or his henchmen are asked about Libya they immediately go to who did it and avoid answering WHY our people were left to die....

The storm is picking up, my family in Norfolk is battening down.
I am concerned.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/28/12 - 08:58 am
Madonna in concert..

NEW ORLEANS — Madonna drew boos and triggered a walkout by several concertgoers after she touted President Barack Obama on her "MDNA Tour" in New Orleans.

The Material Girl asked during Saturday night's performance: "Who's registered to vote?" She added: "I don't care who you vote for as long as you vote for Obama." Drawing boos in touting Obama over Republican Mitt Romney, Madonna followed: "Seriously, I don't care who you vote for ... Do not take this privilege for granted. Go vote."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is it that movie stars think they know what is best for us......their fake make believe world gives the "some" kind of power of sorts..??

omnomnom
omnomnom 10/28/12 - 09:13 am
"To bad they don't have to

"To bad they don't have to live on less than $50,00 a year...they would see the world with different eyes..."

wish that our representatives were common folk who made average wages.

instead we have rich busybodies looking to build up their bank accounts and their friends bank accounts

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/28/12 - 09:13 am
jtf

Good lady B4 has got that right. Not into sports except for a little Boxing and Golf.

Boxing left my bag back in the 60's when I was runner up for the title in Japan but was laid on my back in the 3rd. Golf is only a dream now because of my back.

If Sean would allow picture embedding, I know you would get a laugh out of the picture of me hitting the canvas.

Jim (Sarge) news, he is having some good days and bad. He is scheduled to have his heart replaced in November.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/28/12 - 09:17 am
B4

I just may register in on the Log Cabin. More of a "Wild Side Of Life"

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/28/12 - 09:19 am
Conservatives Not Voting for Representative

I hear some conservatives say they are staying home so to speak concerning the Congressional election such as LL did. The problem is, I guarantee you liberals won't be staying home. They are all showing up to pull that Democratic lever for Barrow. He is a Jimmy Carter Democrat with national ambitions. Don't trust him. Vote for Anderson.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/28/12 - 09:29 am
RM

Had some dealing with him in my past life, I will not go there.

But I have to say he is the best of 2 evils.

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/28/12 - 09:57 am
"GEORGE BUSH LED THIS country

"GEORGE BUSH LED THIS country to the brink of disaster."

We were nowhere near the brink of disaster under Bush.....but we are now. $16.2 TRILLION and cllimbing at the rate of $4 BILLION a day.

If you total all of the money we spend on public assistance programs and then average it out, we are spending on average $60,000 a year per family who receive public assistance.How does that make you folks who are working for $30,000 a year and paying your own way feel?

"AMAZING HOW attention to what’s happening in Libya is the focus \"

As well it should. Obama sacrificed our ambassador and 3 others by telling rescue forces to "stand down". Then he and his administrtion embarked on a still continuing effort to coverup their actions while Obama went to fundraisers. Now military commanders who attempted to resist the "stand down" orders are being relieved and replaced. The rescue teams were loaded and the aircraft were warmed up and ready to go but Obama told them to stand down while he watched live video feeds of our abassador being murdered. You are watching a MAJOR coverup folks. We had the time and the assets to get these 4 people out but instead we "stood down" and watched them being attacked for over 7 hours. We could have been there in 30 minutes with a C-130 that could have taken out the mortar positions with pinpoint accuracy. But what did those brave people, and the ones who were chomping at the bits to go help them, hear from Obama and his administration......."STAND DOWN"

Well mister Obama, we've got a mssage for you and it's being delivered in 9 days. STAND DOWN. Just turn on the TV about 7 P.M. on 6 November and you can watch another 7 hours of live video of us delivering the message.

gagentleman
gagentleman 10/28/12 - 10:24 am
john barrow has voted against

john barrow has voted against obama numerous times, i dont care what anderson says barrow voted against obamacare and cap and trade(check congressional voting records) we need more politicians that will step across the aisle and vote with conservatives when needed.lee anderson adopts the my way or the highway attitude and right now we have to much of that in washington,thats part of the problems we are having. john barrow has worked hard for ga esp in bringing new jobs to our state and its gonna be a shame if hes not reelected just because hes a democrat. i encourage everybody when you go to vote ,vote non-partism, yes folks i do vote for some republicans myself. as far as im concerned freddie sanders is my sherriff. thank you for your time, ill get off of my soapbox now.

daphne3520
daphne3520 10/28/12 - 10:29 am
Rant #2: YOU are NOT "speaking," for anyone! Patients that are

early for their appointments or "on time," as it were, very OFTEN sit for hours to see their Doctor, without ANY desk worker,(as YOU obviously are), or Nurse even bothering to visit the waiting room to explain that the Doctor is "running late," or whatever the reason for the delay is. I KNOW! I've walked out of my Cardiologists FOUR times because I waited 15 minutes PAST my appointment time with NO explanation from anybody! So, your Rant is, in my humble opinion, baseless.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/28/12 - 10:31 am
SeenIt, since you and I are

SeenIt, since you and I are the Southern monitors, don't you think these additions to the Augusta National Clubhouse should include some flowers on the porch, hanging in cut off tires painted white? Plus the trees on the course should all be painted white high up as someone can reach. Maybe pipe in some Webb Pierce to play instead of those bird sounds when players are putting.

omnomnom
omnomnom 10/28/12 - 10:40 am
riverman

don't forget the mattress swings for the tired folk, and the collection of co-co'ler bottles and ceramic power line insulators to line the porch

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/28/12 - 10:56 am
Omnomnom, some really funny

Omnomnom, some really funny looking dogs under the porch.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 10/28/12 - 10:56 am
Before you vote

When voting, remember these few things and add to the list if you want.
Our high priced trash service is going to be cut in half, not the cost, just the service. Of course my house payment goes up every time my taxes do.
Why did my flood insurance more than quadruple???
Where's Bass Pro Shop?????
Has parking improved downtown? Didn't we spend $500,000 on a study?
Who lost $400,00 to X-mart? Oh yeah, Augusta County tax payers.
Who's gonna pay the almost $1 million the tee center is gonna lose?
Who would even suggest another SPLOST???
Why didn't Florida hire fred???
Who is killing who in Augusta?? Why is there so much black on black crime?? They vote for the same dude but go back to killing each other right after after that. I just don't get it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/28/12 - 11:06 am
Watching MSNBC and Voting

They are talking about early voting in Ohio and showing "Voting Vans" that are taking Democrats to the polls. I swear one of the voters was getting out of the van with his hands cuffed behind him. I am not making this up.

allhans
allhans 10/28/12 - 11:34 am
That doesn't say much for

That doesn't say much for poll officials in Ohio IF they are letting any and all vote.

I watched Ohio Governor Kasich on the morning show. I like him.

happychimer
happychimer 10/28/12 - 11:37 am
Did the handcuffed man

Did the handcuffed man actually vote? I bet he didn't.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/28/12 - 11:46 am
Mr Rhett Butler---RM

I will loan the National my bestest dogs to greet folks if you will get the tires with the purty flowers.....

They can't keepem though.....they do double duty.....Freddie Sanders wants them on the weekends....when he becomes Sheriff they might have a full time job......:):)

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/28/12 - 11:54 am
WE HAVE HAD IT

HappyChimer asked, "Did the handcuffed man actually vote? I bet he didn't."

LOL....Yeah, I followed him in and they unlocked his handcuffs to let him hit the Democratic ticket which was all that was in front of him. (I did not actually see this.) Really, are prisoners taken out of jail to vote? Really? Heh, heh, heh. We have HAD IT.

omnomnom
omnomnom 10/28/12 - 12:02 pm
innocent til proven guilty is

innocent til proven guilty is apparently an American ideal that some commenters here don't agree with.

People in jail have not been convicted of a crime yet. And some are being held for misdemeanors, which do not constitute the revokation of civil rights.

Of course, they should not be busing people in and out of PRISON to vote, but I doubt thats the case in this instance.