3 hurt in Columbia County wreck Friday morning

Friday, Oct. 26, 2012 11:39 AM
Last updated 5:36 PM

Three people were hospitalized Friday morning after a crash on Interstate 20 near Belair Road.

Just after 9 a.m., Matthew Lee Moore, 25, of Grovetown, pulled his Chevrolet truck into the eastbound, inside median to secure the load in the back of the truck. He was attempting to merge back into traffic when the truck was rear-ended by a GMC pickup, driven by David Osborn, 34, of Hephzibah, according to Columbia County sheriff’s Deputy Mike Miller.

Moore’s truck spun and rolled over in the median, ejecting Moore and his passenger, Michael Hullum, 28, of Grovetown. Moore and Hullum weren’t wearing seat belts, Miller said. Both were taken to a local hospital with serious injuries that were not considered life-threatening.

Osborn also received minor injuries and was taken to a hospital for treatment.

Moore was found to be at fault for the wreck and was cited for failure to yield the right of way, Miller said.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/26/12 - 12:08 pm
Moore’s truck spun and rolled

Brandon623
Brandon623 10/26/12 - 01:06 pm

itsanotherday1 -- We're aware what the article says. Seatbelts are important, but instead of pointing out what you think is the result of their injuries, how about we focus on the lives of the 2 men involved! I know both of them and they are very dear friends of mine. I personally don't care how they got into the accident, because I can't change it. I'm going to pray for a speedy recovery and that their families are comforted while the doctors care for them. I'm also praying for David...focus on loving people and open your eyes to the world at the end of your pointing finger.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/26/12 - 02:36 pm
Ooooh... such a hateful and

Ooooh... such a hateful and personal attack when I didn't opine at all. tsk tsk.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 10/26/12 - 05:00 pm
God bless them all

but strapping your dumb derriere in an vehicle is insurance against doing something ignorant; pulling into traffic without looking.

beboisme
beboisme 10/26/12 - 05:18 pm
Okay grown people let's warm

Okay grown people let's warm the chill here.

Jake
Jake 10/26/12 - 08:40 pm
@itsanotherday1

I think you made a point that should be taken seriously by all. Seat belts save lives. It is the law, is it not?
This is the second time recently that someone was on a high speed roadway in a truck and stopped to adjust the load and was either killed or injured. Please, if you are in this situation then make sure your load is properly tethered before you enter the roadway.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/26/12 - 11:53 pm
Jake, that was my only intent

Jake, that was my only intent and something I've been doing for a while; trying to heighten awareness. I have no ill intent for those not wearing seatbelts, just a lot of frustration that so many lives are negatively impacted by that one simple oversight. Not only do we now have two young men seriously injured and in the hospital, we have family and friends in distress (see above) because of it as well.

rebellious
20630
rebellious 10/27/12 - 06:20 am
I held my breath

when I saw one driver was from Hephzibah, you know, on the Southside.

But was releived when he was not at fault or charged. Silly man had no business being near Belair Road anyway. Git back on your side of the tracks

rebellious
20630
rebellious 10/27/12 - 06:21 am
Nuther Day

No good deed goes unpunished!

JRC2024
JRC2024 10/27/12 - 08:52 am
Chill out Brandon. That

Chill out Brandon. That comment was nothing but a warning to wear seatbelts so you will not get ejected from the car in an accident. Sorry your friends were hurt.