Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IF LEE ANDERSON IS too shy to debate John Barrow, he will only be a rubber stamp in Congress.

THUMBS UP! ON Oct. 8 my granddaughter and I were in North Augusta when we had a flat tire. Thanks to the good-hearted young man who stopped and changed it. Thank you, Daniel. Keep up the good work, and God bless you and your family always.

A SAD DAY FOR people who want to live in a neighborhood with rules. So why do we bother when our homeowner association lets us down?

WHY ARE ALL columnists posted in this paper conservative? I have always thought that the newspapers should be unbiased and print viewpoints from all sides. What ever happened to Eugene Robinson’s column? When I go out of town I am so glad to see there are other papers that are not as one-sided as this one.

SPORTS FIGURES AND celebrities on some pedestal really is the wrong way to go about in life. They are being paid humongous millions of dollars over the ordinary heroes such as firefighters and military and police officers and teachers. We need to reverse the trend enough so that things are more fair.

BILL KIRBY, THANKS for the postcard news! Say, did you know that Augusta State University cards are now 30 percent off? Get ’em while you can!

PEOPLE ARE (rightly) fighting the merged university’s new name; but more important is to fight the fact of the merging. The two schools are not akin to each other and should never be merged. The only reason they have been is to concentrate political power in fewer hands.

THE REAL WAR ON women – the really real one – is being waged by Muslims. Obama bows to Muslims. So who’s attacking women? Obama.

RANT TO THE CITY OF Harlem. The city needs new management, chief of police, mayor and city administrator. Someone with a backbone and who is honest.

HOORAY FOR LITTLE pink houses. John Mellencamp is smiling.

I’M A MECHANIC, so I’m as qualified to be a surgeon as a farmer is to be a congressman.

Jake
Jake 10/25/12 - 08:26 pm
Columnists

It would be nice to read a different political slant in the Augusta Chronicle other than the same one they always print. There is more than just one type of political view in the CSRA. I mean I love my wife but it sure is enjoyable to see other lovely ladies about. It doesn't hurt to look and it doesn't hurt to hear from the other side.

Jake
Jake 10/25/12 - 08:36 pm
Sports Figures

Sports figures are only put on a pedestal if you acknowledge that pedestal. Personally, I would rather have Matt Ryan in the game when it is on the line in the 4th quarter than my daughter who works for the Richmond County Board of Education.
Speaking of football, Go Dawgs! (please).

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/25/12 - 08:39 pm
Chronicle Not Endorsing?

The Chronicle refusing to endorse a candidate for Sheriff after their previous loud endorsements in the primary and run-off is intriguing. I don't see how they can criticize a candidate for not debating when they won't endorse.

Jake
Jake 10/25/12 - 08:43 pm
Don Rhodes' article

I want to take time to thank CobaltGeorge, seenitB4, and Little Lamb for their kind remarks in reference to the latest Don Rhodes article. You all are my friends in a very special way. And thank you justthe facts for commenting as well.

Tots
Tots 10/25/12 - 09:50 pm
Hi Jake,

The article was so cool,I posted it on my Facebook page...

GGpap
GGpap 10/25/12 - 10:18 pm
Newspaper Bias

When it's on your dollar you may publish just about anything you wish to see in print. Of course there are often some exceptions to the foregoing; but, objectivity and ethics are obviously not one of those exceptions at the Chronicle

GGpap

GGpap
GGpap 10/25/12 - 10:33 pm
War on Women

In general, unless one is a follower of the Wahabi Muslim movement, most Muslims do not represent the Taliban type Muslimism we read of quite often; the group that really wages war on women.

Of course, these folk are not far removed from our own far right, fundamentalist Christians we see so often represented by many of our leftist wing-nuts currently in the political news today.......

Hardly an outfit one could expect to see Obama holding hands with.

GGpap

Jake
Jake 10/25/12 - 10:34 pm
Howdy Tots,

Thank you a bunch and my best to you, as always.

carcraft
carcraft 10/26/12 - 01:56 am
Jake, how about a link to the

Jake, how about a link to the article?

allhans
allhans 10/26/12 - 04:15 am
Better a rubber stamp than

Better a rubber stamp than another Democrat in the Senate.

Seems there is a very good chance that Republicans can take the Senate...it's close.

wayne2410
wayne2410 10/26/12 - 05:25 am
#4 must have never heard of

#4 must have never heard of the newspapers in LA, New York, San Francisco, and many others that has all the liberal spin and lies you can shake a stick at. I'm sure they have web pages just as the AC does, so go there and enjoy.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/26/12 - 05:31 am
Fred Russell, Decorum and Parliamentary Procedure

Fred Russell should adhere to the decorum and parliamentary procedure of Commission meetings. He constantly leaves his chair to wage a whisper campaign with certain Commissioners and the Mayor. If he wants to say something, he should be recognized and speak to everyone. He has the right to speak, but he cannot not try to run things with his little private comments. He should quietly stay in his seat unless recognized.

What if I, a member of the public, decided I wanted to walk about the room whispering to those on the Commission while the meeting was in session? His behavior must be addressed and halted.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/26/12 - 07:00 am
NAACP Asks UN to Intervene in US Elections

Well, isn't this an interesting twist. The NAACP is asking the UN to intervene in the US elections because so many blacks are disenfranchised due to criminal records.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/26/12 - 07:03 am
Good Morning America ****Day 11****

The question is;

In 11 days do we say "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/26/12 - 07:06 am
Common Sense

"WHY ARE ALL columnists posted in this paper conservative?"

because many True Americans still perfer to hear the truth than lies.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/26/12 - 07:10 am
THE REAL WAR ON

I still don't understand why Michelle isn't wearing a BURKA.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/26/12 - 07:13 am
I’M A MECHANIC

So I guess the only way you can qualify as a congressmen it to be a crook and a liar.

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/26/12 - 07:16 am
Voting in America

is a historical endeavor. Akin to celebrating the 4th of July. Continue to vote. Vote often. We have a one party system. It is not who votes, but who counts the votes - - Joseph Stalin. We the people cast ballots. The government secures and counts those ballots or doesn't count certain ones. If the ballots do not result in a victory for one candidate, the government decides the victor.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/26/12 - 07:26 am
Good am folks

You are welcome Jake......some of us really love music.....& it shows...

Funny thing because my parents couldn't afford music lessons.....too many kids to feed........but I listened to the the greats...Hank-Cline-Webb-many many more.....& never get tired of them.....I'll throw in some rock/roll ...Beatles-Elvis......& even a little classical at times....

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/26/12 - 07:28 am
The rant says

They printed your rant didn't they....heheh

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/26/12 - 07:32 am
The little pink playhouse

I saw a pic of a pickemup pink truck with great big wheels....yeh a redneck truck.....& I thought....what if the homeowner parked this pink truck in the neighborhood with the pink house.......would someone complain & want it removed?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/26/12 - 08:04 am
Just saw a sign that said..

On a dry cleaning business door....

If you are unemployed & need a suit cleaned for an interview--we will clean it for free.....

heh--they are doing their part.

KSL
KSL 10/26/12 - 08:06 am
CG

I don't think Michelle is going to be told what to do by anyone.

KSL
KSL 10/26/12 - 08:10 am
Seenit

Wonder how they verify the person is really unemployed. Hope it's more thorough that our current safety net system.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/26/12 - 08:11 am
Speaking of country greats

Just for you Jake & Cgee...you can't beat Webb...*look at the country boy outfits...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/26/12 - 08:12 am
ksl--don't know

A small town knows what is going on with folks.....they know too much sometimes..:)

KSL
KSL 10/26/12 - 09:03 am
Aiken is a small town. Even

Aiken is a small town. Even smaller when I was a caseworker. I promise you we had to investigate and even visit in the home to make determinations about whether they were eligible for the aid our agency provided. Our money was limited and we had to make tough decisions.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/26/12 - 09:07 am
Just read

Obama had to show his ID before voting.....hey....why should others complain....if I had been working at the polls I would have asked for his ID too....could be an imposter yaknow...

rebellious
20916
rebellious 10/26/12 - 09:08 am
First Annual AC Posters Summit

Plans have firmed up, some rsvp's received. Date is Saturday November 10th. Noon meal. Country setting, Sorry KSM no Gamecocks on TV allowed. Message to the tab on my Profile. Would liike to know how many Boston Butts to slow cook. Location is Richmond County South. Identities kept confidential as nametags will bear AC moniker. Reveal your real name to who you want.

KSL
KSL 10/26/12 - 09:18 am
Even in my neighborhood, I

Even in my neighborhood, I don't know as much about what is going on as I did from our first arrival in the 70's.

I had no client or potential client I had true knowledge of their situations.

SRS shipments halted until 2016

Savannah River Site can't resume shipments of Cold War nuclear waste materials to an underground repository in New Mexico until at least 2016 when the federal government reopens the facility to ...