Husband, wife suffer fatal heart attacks on same day

Thursday, Oct. 25, 2012 3:50 PM
Last updated 8:55 PM

The deaths of a Warren­ville couple who suffered heart attacks Tuesday have left family members stunned.

RELATED LINKS

Aiken County Coroner Tim Carlton said emergency medical responders were attempting CPR on 52-year-old Donna Isdell when her 56-year-old husband, Charles, suffered a similar attack in another room.

“We thought he had passed out at first,” said Gianna Heath, a niece.

The coroner said both had pre-existing heart conditions.

Heath said it’s genetic; her aunt, Donna Isdell’s mother, father and sister all died because of heart attacks, she said.

The couple, who married in the early 1980s, had no children together, but Charles Isdell had a son from a previous relationship.

Heath said the family is doing its best to pull together during a double loss.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 10/25/12 - 04:05 pm
Wow!..

....Saw the obits in the paper today and wondered what happened...Prayers to the family....

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/25/12 - 04:53 pm
He died of a broken heart I'm sure.

He died of a broken heart I'm sure.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 10/25/12 - 04:58 pm
Rough....

This is a shock and loss for those family and friends left behind; but I hope this husband and wife will be happy together in eternity.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 10/25/12 - 05:33 pm
True love

knows no boundaries.

KSL
KSL 10/26/12 - 02:32 am
Sad for the family

Not so sad for them, if they were devoted to each other, especially since they had no children together.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/26/12 - 06:53 am
My Feelings To 2 Families.

A part of their marriage vows they didn't take seriously.

"Untill Death Do We Part"

stillamazed
stillamazed 10/26/12 - 08:13 am
Sad

Prayers to the family.

pgapeach2
pgapeach2 10/26/12 - 10:57 am
My condolences

My condolences to the family.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/26/12 - 11:54 am
I'm so sorry for the family

Maybe they can take solice in the fact that the couple is still together.
Such a sad heartwrenching story.

KSL
KSL 10/26/12 - 12:17 pm
Exactly, shrmp

Can't believe I got a thumbs down for my comment. Wait yes I can. There are a lot of people who post here so full of aninimosity that they will think they are harming someone they don't like by giving the downer.

KSL
KSL 10/26/12 - 12:19 pm
I can't stand the auto

I can't stand the auto correct.

KSL
KSL 10/26/12 - 12:36 pm
Not wishing the other spouse

Not wishing the other spouse dead. Just glad he did not have to suffer the pain of losing her. That is exactly the way I want to leave my lover. Not"Slip out the back, Jack. Make a new plan, Stan,"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/26/12 - 01:30 pm
KSL & Families Involved

I didn't receive a upper or downer, so I guess my comment is not understood. So I will clarify my post.

My Feelings To 2 Families. (I extend my deepest sympathy and condolences to the families of Donna and Charles.)

"Untill Death Do We Part" (In most cases Death will Part a dear spouse, but in this case, Death keep them together)

So now TSD, you now can give that me that heart feeling downer.

KSL
KSL 10/26/12 - 09:12 pm
CG

I totally understood your comment. And I totally agree. Perhaps it was I who didn't express myself correctly.

Coroner granted funds to offset transportation costs

The Richmond County Coroner's Office will get some relief now that it can access funds collected through a partnership with Georgia Regents Medical Center.