Rants & Raves

I HAVE BEEN TOLD by Augusta State University employees that they are “strongly discouraged” from placing “Save the A” signs in their yards. This is just wrong. Dr. Azziz had them in HIS yard!

I WOULD LIKE TO let the community know of the excellent treatment from Bobby Jones Ford during a recent recall of my vehicle. Mr. Corey Tillman was more than helpful explaining the situation to me and was not about luring into other services. Thanks.

A SHAME THE county would put “crush & run” on the corner of Old Waynesboro Road and Brown Road to fill in holes. I guess that is why we get such a bad name on the southside ‘cause we get the cheapest of everything. Why couldn’t it have been asphalted like everywhere else? Now we have rocks dinging up our vehicles thanks to someone’s bright idea.

RANTS AND DOUBLE RANTS. We don’t need Obama another four years. As for Biden, he comes off like a pompous donkey with his laughing and smirking.

A FLASHING RED/YELLOW caution light being installed at Chamblin Road and William Few Parkway in Columbia County is useless. What is needed is a regular traffic signal. And they are also needed at William Few and Lewiston Road.

TO THE LADY AT the Evans football game, you are a class act. Thank you for crushing a young man’s confidence. We really need more like you.

I WOULD LIKE TO rave about the great care I received from the University Hospital and the wonderful help that Debbie Heffernan gave me at a really difficult time in my life. She made my life so much better and is one of the best.

GEORGIA REGENTS U. plans to grow by 2020 and has a “five-year plan” to prove it. Standard Karl Marx stuff.

RAVE FOR THE employees of the Vital Statistics at the Board of Health. They are a credit to their profession and go out of their way to help. Many thanks.

Jake
Jake 10/22/12 - 08:00 pm
Evans Football Game

I wish the ranter would have elaborated more on their rant. Were they happy that a young man's confidence was crushed? Did it help their team win the game?
I recall during a high school football game in 1966 while playing for Aquinas that I was on the sidelines wondering why I was getting my butt stomped on by Jenkins High that there arose a cheer in the stands by my home school, "Give 'em hell Jake, Give 'em hell Jake, aww hell, give 'em Jake". It did a lot for my confidence and made me realize that fans and popularity are only fleeting.

countyman
countyman 10/22/12 - 11:37 pm
This is a giant Rave for the

My personal rave is for the Summerville area. I'm constantly told how much the area reminds people of Virginia Highland in Atlanta. Hopefully Kings Way/Central Ave/Monte Sano continue to add multiple new businesses to help increase the foot traffic. The Midtown area(Central Avenue/Wrightsboro), Harrisburg(Walton Way/Broad), Olde Town(Broad/Greene), and Laney Walker(Laney Walker Boulevard) must repeat the process. The Village at Riverwatch or the Carmax area can become the town center of West Augusta. A large town center development(city buildings can be included) must open somewhere in South Augusta(btw Peach Orchard/Hwy 88 in Hephzibah or along Mike Padgett/Hw 56 btw Goshen/Tobacco).

Summerville

Virginia Highland

rebellious
rebellious 10/23/12 - 12:00 am
Countyman...WakeUp and smell the coffee.

The cabal has made it clear, there will be only one towncenter. It is Broad/Reynolds/15th street. Anything else is simply donor material. Check out the "Master Plan" South Augusta is greenway and farmland. Gotta avoid that sprawl. No way, no how we can support multiple hub spoke models which overlap and intertwine. There is no Midtown, No West Augusta, no South Augusta!. There is "One Augusta", that is downtown Augusta. Tee Center, move the ballpark down there, parking decks, GHSU (or GRU), BOE central office, Commons, Riverwalk, Judicial Center, KROC, new Law Enforcement Center.

Get with the plan man! Oh see rant #3 above. Yuuuuuup. You bought it! Don't forget to pay the lady.

rebellious
rebellious 10/25/12 - 02:41 pm
Early Planning

for the First Annual Augusta Chronicle Posters Fall Summit. Thinking after November 6, so we can lick wounds or gloat as victors. Venue - Middle of nowhere on 13 acres of closely guarded reclusion somewhere between Waynesbor and Augusta on Hwy 25. All amenities available (outhouse, horse hitching post, etc...). On a suitable Saturday (Out of towners check your calanders and travel plans). Menu - Smoked Boston Butts (i.e. chipped or pulled pork), Rice, Hash, Tater Salad, Sweet Tea (is there any other type), and adult Hops and Barley. Hard Stuff is BYOB. Start early, end late. Right to refuse attendance is reserved. Weapons checked at entrance to compound, returned at exit (still undecided on this rule, but don't want no shoot outs and like the idea of being the only guy armed). Message me on this site with dates that are suitable. Let's put faces with names. Thinking to make Moniker name tags, rather than real names. Reveal your real name and info to those you choose. Warning: Georgia Bulldogs will be on one TV, the rest, I don't care. Spouses welcome (cause mine won't leave so might as well bring yours). Kids, if brought, must be self maintaining because we didn't childproof for our own, and sure ain't for yours. By the way, dog don't like his tail pulled and cats will claw you a new piehole if you are fast enough to catch them.

Seenit, you are the furtherist away best i can tell except that dude in California. They are welcome, but one monkey don't stop no show. Let's get locked in. Send me a message.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/23/12 - 04:19 am
Hey fellow posters WAKE UP! I'm lonely

There aren't any rants to comment on this morning. Everyone is making too much sense.
What's a neer-do well to do?
Good morning all! I hope ya'll have a good day!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/23/12 - 06:12 am
Good Morning America (Day who cares)

Not one article on the debate last night (except a small one in Government). There is no doubt that Azzizz and Football is more important than the future of America. OK, no need of me saying anything.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/23/12 - 06:48 am
Good Morning Awguster

It would be great if everyone had countymans' optimism, but you have to temper optimism with reality.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/23/12 - 06:53 am
Rebel

I like your plan. Sounds as good as some of the others I have attended. I want front row seats when you attempt to take CGs' weapon!!! Seriously though, I have met CG on several occasions, he will play by the rules.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/23/12 - 07:08 am
I know this is early

But since I will be out of town on Veteran's Day, I am taking this opportunity to say "THANK YOU" to my brothers and sisters in arms.

Angie H
Angie H 10/23/12 - 07:08 am
Just wondering about the new

Just wondering about the new excuse the Obama admin is using for lying to us about Libya......"fog of war." Did Obama start a war without telling us? I thought Nobel Peace Prize winners were supposed to end wars.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/23/12 - 07:08 am
Good AM RK

Yes, I'll play by the rules except those that are Executive Orders and any that are in violation of our American Bible "The Constitution". A private is authorize to disobey an order of a General when it is unlawful.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/23/12 - 07:10 am
Thanks AC

"Obama's real one-point plan"

Angie H
Angie H 10/23/12 - 07:13 am
CG....you are right. Article

CG....you are right. Article 92 of the UCMJ is "Failure to obey a LAWFUL order or regulation."

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/23/12 - 07:15 am
I must add

that all the jokes about the intelligence of West Virginians can now be put to rest. They were smart enough to put Army first :-)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/23/12 - 07:20 am
reb

You can count on me being there, any time or day.

("Weapons checked at entrance to compound,") I'm not the best looking human walking around shaking hands and hugging wives NAKED.

Angie H
Angie H 10/23/12 - 07:23 am
BTW Mr. President....we have

BTW Mr. President....we have far more bayonettes in the military than we did in 1916....it seems it is YOU who doesn't understand today's military.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/23/12 - 07:25 am
((Angie H))

((Angie H))

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/23/12 - 04:12 pm
Can Anybody

picture the King SMNCICBHO as one of your buddies in the military..Good God All Mighty"

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/23/12 - 07:30 am
Where's Seenitb4?

Usually she's here by now. Maybe the bus is running late! hehe

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/23/12 - 07:48 am
shrimp...folks are gonna talk

Sometimes you miss me & sometimes ya don't...LOL

I had to say my piece about good ole Dr Watson......my doctor for my babies years ago....wonderful man...

Have ya ever noticed that the 1st cup of coffee is always the best,....why is that....same pot--same coffee--....dunno....

Last night the debate was sooo interesting that WE FELL ASLEEP.....didn't even see half of it......dang......what has happened to us.....we used to party all night long...geez

Hello frisky folks...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/23/12 - 07:51 am
And A Hug

to you too ((B4))

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/23/12 - 07:52 am
Good thing cgee

I can get ugly.....a little tighter please...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/23/12 - 07:57 am
Lilly

Come back on here & talk about Frog Hollow.....we need some new voices & new interests....i have always wondered why they call it Frog Hollow....kinda catchey.....
Cotton fields & the mills made Augusta.....a lot of history on the land around csra......some on here know it....
I'll say please...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/23/12 - 07:59 am
rebel

This monkey will send you an email....one monkey might not run it but they sho can ruin it...hahah.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/23/12 - 08:07 am
Makes me mad too...

Yeh....you don't deserve the "good" stuff.....you might as well draw a line at the Gordon Hy......& say....just send the left overs south of this road......maybe the summit at Rebels place will be a real summit.....getting some voices & minds working together..... a real posse of people ......maybe some new guys running for office......it could be the beginning of something BIG!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/23/12 - 08:10 am
Strange Names

I one spent the night in Stovebolt, WV.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/23/12 - 08:18 am
Strange names in Georgia...

Georgia

Hawaii Papa
Idaho Beer Bottle Crossing
Fruitland

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/23/12 - 08:22 am
Hey Seenit

Have you ever noticed the first pot from a freshly opened can of coffee tastes the best?
I bought some Italian roast the other day and it was so finely ground that it was exactly like espresso. I like to use a coffee press and I could hardly get the dang press to go down.
By the way I'm on my third cup and I rarely drink more than 1. I'm hyper!!!!!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/23/12 - 08:24 am
Seenit

When I lived in Greensboro NC there was a sign on Highway 220 that said
High Point
Climax
Next Right.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/23/12 - 08:26 am
SC town

I have a friend from 96 South Carolina.