Rants & Raves

RAVE AND THANK YOU to the lovely lady who stopped her car in the middle of Georgia Ave­nue, got out and helped retrieve my precious Maltese dog from the street. I also want to thank all the people who stopped their cars and waited until she was safe. I can’t thank you all enough.

YOU ARE MORE ABLE to walk than I am, but I see you driving those little scooters in the grocery stores. Why don’t you push your cart like everybody else?

OBAMA DESERVES SQUAT. As I recall, the economy was fine all through Bush’s term, even after 9/11, when a major downturn would be expected. The economy didn’t falter until the summer before the election, when Bush was a lame duck and Obama was the heir apparent. Obama did manage to add a few trillion to the deficit, however, more than all the other presidents combined. Congratulations.

ROMNEY? OBAMA? Give me a break. I quit voting 30 years ago when I figured out it was a matter of voting for the crook of your choice.

RANT TO THE ARMY Corps of Engineers and the lake levels. It looks like you have a workshop set up on Oct. 24. The article says you will discuss hydropower, water management and water safety, too. What you told my parents and grandparents before the basin was flooded was that it would be about increasing land values and recreation and family and all the good things that you don’t seem to want to talk about anymore. Just another example of dishonest government.

WHAT IS HAPPENING over here in North Augus­ta in our nice neighborhoods? People are parking their cars in their yards more and more. Also, cars are sitting around with no tags on them, and I know that is a code violation. Also please take your signs down when your yard sale is over or if your pet has been found.

RANT TO THE Rich­mond County sheriff’s department. If a patrol unit is not on a call, then it should be doing traffic enforcement. I can’t drive without seeing expired tags, no tail lights, no headlights, changing lanes without signaling, speeding, running stoplights, hearing loud music. Several times the offending car was next to a patrol car.

RANT TO ALL homeowners who hire cheap labor yard men and allow them to blow all their yard waste into the storm drain and cause a big problem for all the other neighbors. It is a violation, and you will get a fine.

rebellious
rebellious 10/22/12 - 12:16 am
Hmmm

If you don't vote, don't scream when they come to drag you out of your house and remove your weapons. Voter apathy is why we have the situation we do today.

Cars on yard!. Cars with no tags! Yard sale sign hanging around! Oh the Humanity of it all!

Sheriff's deputies should do better at basics. And each time I think that, the next thought is the speeds itravel at, the lane changes i make, and then I kinda like that they don't patrol those items real closely. Just being honest!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/22/12 - 06:19 am
Day 15 for America

Good Morning AC Friends and Foes.

After your morning Coffee, are you all ready for tonight's "Spin & Rumble"?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/22/12 - 07:06 am
Cops

Why is it one week the rants are for cops giving somebody a ticket for a headlight when they should be out fighting "real" crime, then the next the rant is for not giving tickets for minor issues. The cops just can't seem to get it right. I love 'em and thank 'em whenever I see one anyway. And you should too. It's easy. Just practice this line, "Officer thank you for what you do."

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/22/12 - 07:12 am
I hope tonights debate

I hope tonights debate doesn't change my mind, like that would happen. I will vote today since I will be out of town on the 6th. Point is with just a little planning you don't have to be a "disenfranchised" voter. And remember, if you don't vote you give up your right to complain

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/22/12 - 07:21 am
Just A Thought RK

Seeing you travel in all 57 states, why don't you pick up an absentee ballot for each and vote.

Why let the DEocats have all the fun!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/22/12 - 07:26 am

Our (to some Good & to some Bad) LEO"s seems to always get the Poo-ty end of the stick.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/22/12 - 07:28 am
@1

Yes I'm glad and thank God that they all stopped and you didn't have one that hated animals and humans.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/22/12 - 07:32 am
OBAMA DESERVES SQUAT

Come On, any president that can accomplish "more than all the other presidents combined" has got to be one damn good president!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/22/12 - 07:33 am
I only get to 55 of the

I only get to 55 of the states. They won't send me to Alaska or Hawaii.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/22/12 - 07:35 am
ROMNEY? OBAMA?

Why don't you look at it this way...any Crook has to be a better Crook than the one we have now.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/22/12 - 07:41 am
RANT TO ALL

OK, so why aren't you reporting those violations instead of coming on here B.....about it.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/22/12 - 08:12 am
Mornin' Ya'll

So which rant should we tear apart today?
I say the guy who doesn't vote. If you don't vote then don't talk to me about politics because you lost that right when you decided not to participate in the electoral process.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/22/12 - 08:18 am
I don't give many thumbs up

I don't give many thumbs up or down but had to give a HUGE up to Shrimp this morning.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/22/12 - 08:46 am
Quickie Commission Vote This Morning

Late yesterday a story by Susan McCord was posted online that the Richmond County Commission will have a meeting this morning to review and supposedly approve the TEE Center agreements. The story is still online and I encourage everyone to read it, even though it is extremely hard to find. Deke is unavailable for comments and Joe Jackson had some ready made comments. He said, "We're pregnant and we can either abort or have the baby."

So I'm guessing, THEY know the votes will be there early today. They know who is in town and who isn't. Somebody tell Joe Jackson abortion is okay in cases of rape.

wayne2410
wayne2410 10/22/12 - 08:37 am
The person that does not vote

The person that does not vote might want to reconsider and get out there and vote for Romney. If we don't get out and vote Obama out we deserve what we are getting, which is plenty already and will get much worse if Obama is allowed to continue his assault on decent working people.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/22/12 - 08:48 am
Sure Is Nice

to have TSDs as friends. Thanks

allhans
allhans 10/22/12 - 09:21 am
Cobalt...I just gave an up

Cobalt...I just gave an up on all comments..one up equals two downs.(-:

allhans
allhans 10/22/12 - 09:23 am
Good to see that the ranter

Good to see that the ranter who hasn't voted for 30 years is sitting this one out.

KSL
KSL 10/22/12 - 09:43 am
The EPA is holding off until

The EPA is holding off until after the election to announce new mandates that will likely make the cost of gas and the cost of heating to skyrocket. Oh and the loss of an estimated 7 million plus jobs.

KSL
KSL 10/22/12 - 10:54 am
The UN is going to have

The UN is going to have people monitoring polling places to make certain that liberal voters are not hassled by conservatives. Apparently there is no problem with it happening the other way around, huh Holder?

gagentleman
gagentleman 10/22/12 - 10:25 am
george,i am sorry for my

george,i am sorry for my attack on you yesterday,when i get on my soapbox i get alittle excited.

gagentleman
gagentleman 10/22/12 - 10:35 am
economy didnt faulter until

economy didnt faulter until the summer before the election, ARE YOU SERIOUS .the economy started the downturn in the summer before the 2004 election when BUSH gave everybody a 500 dollar tax rebate in order to buy votes while fighting a war in two countries ,all of this put on the countries credit card.plus giving WALL STREET AND THE REST OF THE BANKING INDUSTRY FREE RIEN.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/22/12 - 10:48 am
OK call the posse off

Boy that was a close one.....we protect Cgee on here.....he might get cranky at times but HEY he's our man...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/22/12 - 10:50 am
Why am I 2 timing

Other places .....other faces .....ooooh I'm baaaadddd...☺

KSL
KSL 10/22/12 - 10:53 am
For the umteenth time, it

For the umteenth time, it was democrat policies that led to the financial meltdown.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/22/12 - 10:55 am
When he created

When God created the earth he promised the men he would put good obedient women in all corners of the earth....then he made it round...& laughed & laughed....We laughed too.......bahahahbbahha....

Dudeness
Dudeness 10/22/12 - 11:04 am
Rant for the lady who stopped

Rant for the lady who stopped her car in the middle of the road and held up traffic to run after your dog because you couldn't keep it on a leash.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/22/12 - 11:04 am
Barrow on front page of AJC

Candidate attracts bipartisan money....he calls himself an independent....he says he has been at odds with both parties....NO JOKE sherlock.....

Tullie
Tullie 10/22/12 - 11:04 am
Cobalt

TSD? What is that? Do I what them as friends too? Am I missing out?

There is another acronym that is used on this forum that I don't know what it means..bugs me everytime I see it. I think countyman uses it.
For some reason I never have asked what it means. Now I can't remember it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/22/12 - 11:07 am
The rant says...

Don't be so fast to judge another.....you can't see heart disease---lung problems--etc.......just heard some sad news this am...a good friend has bladder cancer....you can't see that either.....