Rants & Raves

TO THE HEARTLESS INDIVIDUAL who dumped the three bunnies off on Washington Road behind a business: Two of the bunnies are in the process of finding their forever homes. The littlest baby is dead. It did not make it. You should be ashamed for letting them go by the road like that.

I AM NOW GLAD I DIDN’T go to the Border Bash after reading that Austin Rhodes was the MC and promoting his own personal agenda, as usual, at the wrong place and the wrong time.

ANOTHER BORDER PATROL agent shot. After more lies, Obama’s latest excuse is that he was killed by one of his patrolman buddies. This just sounds like another lie, e.g., manipulation of job stats, just before the election.

SAME PAPER, SAME DAY, same page, two stories about “gay” people getting more power: “gay characters at record high on network TV” and a Good Morning, America weatherman will “marry … his boyfriend.” America keeps sinking in sin.

RIVER GLEN APARTMENTS SOUND like a good place not to live. They say they are hearing fewer gunshots. Any gunshot is unacceptable.

A RANTER SAYS Obama “deserves” another term, then blames Obama’s destructive four years on Bush, four years out of office. What is blinding these people? Obama is killing their freedom, too?

STOP CALLING THEM “Bush Tax Cuts.” For 10 years it’s been the tax code. Call them what they are. Beginning Jan.1, they will be the “Obama Tax Increases.”

RANTS TO THE RICHMOND sheriff’s department. I have seen very few patrol cars equipped with radar. With the way people in this county can’t drive, every unit should have radar.

RANTS TO THE construction department at Augusta Comcast. The people on Goolsby Road have been trying to get Comcast to run ¼ mile of cable for years. There are approximately 30 homes on the road. After years of trying to get cable run, Comcast now says it will not run line unless there are 68 or more homes. Comcast offices in other areas will run cable for fewer homes.

I WISH I COULD have a total disregard for the truth, like the Democrats.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/19/12 - 07:03 pm
Dish

Just go with the Dish. You can try to pool some houses together and see how that works.

Jake
Jake 10/19/12 - 07:21 pm
Bunnies

I have one at home. It is a pest but I still feed and help take care of it. Animal abuse is inexcusable.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/19/12 - 08:14 pm
Feral

I don't have any bunnies, Jake. But we have rescued some feral kittens. They are full grown now and are "semi-petlike." They live inside our home and each one of them would develop into a loving pet if they could be in a one-pet or two-pet home. Contact me via the Chronicle contact thingy if you would like to discuss adopting.

HappyChimer knows what kind of people we are regarding animals.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/19/12 - 09:59 pm
Somebody Doesn't Like Austin Rhodes?

You mean somebody doesn't like Austin Rhodes? Imagine that.

readnow
readnow 10/20/12 - 05:03 am
Dirty jail

yesterday ranter complained about the dirty nasty jail that the bad men with badges put him into after he was arrested. One way to avoid our dirty nasty jail bubba, is to ......ooh I dont know....how about not breaking the law.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/20/12 - 06:17 am
Ranter About the Jail

That guy, yesterday, was actually very appreciative of those who work at the jail. He said they did a good job, but part of the facility, the holding cells, are dirty. He said the jail personnel tried to expedite things and get him out soon as possible.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/20/12 - 06:20 am
Hey Shrimp

Check out the editorial on our hometown. It's getting some heavy publicity from national magazines and the NY Times. "The top tourist destination in the world."

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/20/12 - 06:47 am
Now who who who would say THIS..hahah

Couldn't be one of us...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/20/12 - 06:49 am
The rant says...

They are not the only game in town yaknow......just like llamb said...go with the dish or direct....beam it up.....country boys..

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/20/12 - 06:54 am
Honestly sometimes..

I think OUR comments give the AC some material......didn't we post about Beautiful Charleston & the gullah language.....

I mean really.....charging us more & we do all the work on here...geez guys..
I might have to ck out the log cabin folks & see what they are up to today......

Good am early folks--late risers & ksm ...where ya been girl...well I might know but can't say on here.......love your rabbit ....cute.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/20/12 - 07:30 am
Huh

Had to look up "feral" cats. Trying to see the difference between that and other "loose" cats. Apparently not much. Interesting that they are a nuisance in some counties where they are dangerous to the native species. Kind of like python snakes in the US. Need to remove or wipe them out.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/20/12 - 08:07 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/20/12 - 08:11 am
Good Morning America "Day 17"

If King SMNCICBHO is re-elected, all you true Americans can do is "Hang Your Head And Cry".

If Romney becomes president, Sing "God Bless America" and don't park your car in the streets.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/20/12 - 08:14 am
cgee

It might be a good thing to take your email address off too......you will probably get a full box almost overnight if he wins....& something tells me it won't be all love notes either.....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/20/12 - 08:17 am
B4

Love that video.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/20/12 - 08:27 am
B4

Can't do that. What would I have to make my day!

"Fear Nothing But The Snake You Don't See"
I see this one.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 10/20/12 - 08:29 am
A little help

Where do I find the piece on Charleston?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/20/12 - 08:30 am
Am I wrong

saying most of the R&R's lately are sort of Blaaa.

They just don't give me that get up and go feeling.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/20/12 - 08:32 am
Just

haven't got to the point of worrying about poor bunnies. I just feel that there are more thing to worry about.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 10/20/12 - 08:40 am
Thank you B4!

Thank you B4!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/20/12 - 08:42 am

Anytime ...Lilly.....I like your name btw.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 10/20/12 - 09:26 am
Obama tax increases?

That's not how I see it. It's restoring the tax base to where it's supposed to be before Bush's temporary tax cuts for the wealthy. They were put in place to help "stimulate" the economy and allow the wealthy to create jobs. It worked!! People like Romney and their companies, like Bain Capital invested in jobs in other countries while receiving record bonuses and not actually helping AMERICAN job seekers. Now our tax cofffers are low... every day programs (education, police, fire) are being cut left and right... We need to quit giving the uber wealthy this tax break since they're abusing it, quit the silly spending, quit giving our money to other countries and focus on the American people for a while.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/20/12 - 10:18 am
I'm with you Cobalt. I love

I'm with you Cobalt. I love animals and don't like seeing them abused; but I just can't get too excited about some rabbits. (or squirrels, or opossums, etc.)

readnow
readnow 10/20/12 - 10:19 am
Dirty jail

Whole thing was avoidable....OBEY THE LAW STAY OUT OF NASTY JAIL

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/20/12 - 10:40 am
Readnow, we all get the idea

Readnow, we all get the idea about staying out of jail being the best thing. The ranter said he wasn't happy about the fact he ended up there. What I did like was his honesty in admitting he went there and then complimenting the jail staff for the good job they do. I suspect his complaint about the holding cell being filthy was accurate. Why not put those in jail to work cleaning the thing up? It's just a matter of organizing and supervision.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 10/20/12 - 10:48 am
Kroger sells rabbit if you

Kroger sells rabbit if you ever want to see how it taste.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/20/12 - 10:50 am
"Rabbits for Food or Pets."

"Rabbits for Food or Pets."

The line from the Michael Moore movie.

seenitB4