Rants & Raves

SAVE THE A: Not the Z.

A HUGE RANT to Michelle Obama’s new lunch plan. As a growing teenager in high school, I believe that we should get a nice, substantial meal. But now, the lunches are getting smaller and smaller. First off, the desserts are gone. Secondly, it is around $2 for one entree and about two sides. Most days, I eat three times that, and so do my friends. I’m not sure if the lunch lady has mistaken, but I am pretty sure today at lunch I spent $12.50 for two sorry pizzas, spaghetti that tastes genetically engineered and some actually pretty decent beans. They need to step it up at the White House. I pray Romney wins this election.

RAVE FOR THE Demo­crats. From day one of Obama’s entering the White House, the number of times he blamed the Republican Party and President Bush, consider this: If all these negatives were combined in one printing, every page of The Chronicle for at least nine weeks would be based on one belief, someone else is at fault, not the regime presently unaware of the failed Obama leadership.

CAN’T BELIEVE that Marion Williams would have the gall to not only run again, but to skewer what he had done in his disastrous years of pulling down not only the commission meetings, but also my beloved District 2! Harold Jones had been an admirable and capable solicitor, so we need for him to take over District 9.

AFTER WATCHING the debate with Joe Biden and Paul Ryan, I sure hope that nothing happens to Obama because it would be scary to have Biden as president!

HAS A SINGLE terrorist been tried or convicted in a military tribunal under our present commander-in-chief?

JOHN BARROW, Inde­pendent. Now that’s funny.

RAVES TO Ms. Cassan­dra, a cashier at the Har­lem IGA store. She is very nice and polite and cares about the customers. She deserves some compliments.

I COMPLETELY AGREE with Gwen Fulcher Young about Lee Anderson and Honey Boo Boo.

THE MONEY that should be going to our bad roads is going to all those pay raises they got in the Engineering Department.

SHAME ON Georgia Power for marching through a cemetery. Nothing but greed, greed, greed. There has to be a better way.

museofsatie
museofsatie 10/16/12 - 06:24 pm
"First off, the desserts are

"First off, the desserts are gone. . . . I’m not sure if the lunch lady has mistaken, but I am pretty sure today at lunch I spent $12.50 for two sorry pizzas, spaghetti that tastes genetically engineered and some actually pretty decent beans."

I want to believe that this is satire, but I sadly feel it's completely sincere.

single parent
single parent 10/16/12 - 07:58 pm
Slight information

Banks failed! Banks for goodness sakes. We had more CEO's and companies which got caught stealing investors money; Two senseless wars, which one a super power (Russia) went bankrupt trying to fight; Your supposed subordinates defy ( last time that happened a president was killed,lone shooter yeah ok) you on all levels like never before in history; foreign policy is sad to be bad because a President does not want to go in with guns blazing, because we are in another countries business, which we probably screwed up in the first place?
Go back and read public documents on how the "Texans" got into office and what they had to do with JFK and Obama is how old?
What has been done to us as a country was done to us by "US". We are a lazy want it now society. Kids coming out of high school screaming $30 bucks an hour and can barely read. Heck just look at the rants on this page!
So putting some one in office which wants to spend more military money, cut social programs which our tax dollars pay for to pay for those military increases. As well wants to get involved in another war? Yeah ok, that is a whole lot of common sense! ! ! ! Picture this: We would be bankrupt if that little hopping guy had of defeated Obama!

GGpap
GGpap 10/16/12 - 08:01 pm
All Hail the Fat Cats.....

"...the lunches are getting smaller and smaller. First off, the desserts are gone. Secondly, it is around $2 for one entree and about two sides. Most days, I eat three times that, and so do my friends."

If this is an example of the appetites of young republicans, my only observation would be to propose a major widening of the voting booths in the future in order to compensate for the "girth of the gluttons."

GGpap

Gage Creed
19417
Gage Creed 10/16/12 - 09:07 pm
No worries GGpap....they

No worries GGpap....they already had planned to widen them so the democrats could get their head in the booth. Now they just need to figure out keeping the ceiling material out of their elitist upturned noses.

Jake
Jake 10/16/12 - 09:26 pm
Shame, really

It is too bad that our elective system has degenerated into the choice of either Republican or Democrat. There needs to be a viable alternative. I will again vote for the alternative party in hopes that some day they will be seriously considered. Folks talk about the "main stream media" and their support for a particular party. Well, the "main stream media" is currently supporting only two parties.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/16/12 - 09:43 pm
IF

Governor Romney could lie as good as the King SMNCICBHO, He could have wipe the floor with him. You can never win with the truth when dealing with politics no more!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/16/12 - 11:23 pm
The

Next Morning I Said That The Attack Was "AN ACT OF TERRORISM"

This will go down in history as the Lie of all Lies!

fedex227
fedex227 10/16/12 - 09:58 pm
Rant #1

"First off, the desserts are gone. Secondly, it is around $2 for one entree and about two sides. Most days, I eat three times that, and so do my friends."

Nuff said.

KSL
KSL 10/16/12 - 11:42 pm
Pap, you think it's fat cat

Pap, you think it's fat cat Repubs. What a sad attempt at being funny. Not one person in at least 2 generations above or below have been overweight. Actually more generations. That said, we have very lucky genes. Actually I didn't feel they were so lucky. I took a huge amount of abuse for being so skinny in Jr. high and high school, and college.

burninater
burninater 10/17/12 - 12:10 am
Verbatim transcript, Rose

Verbatim transcript, Rose Garden, next day:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.  Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America.  We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act.  And make no mistake, justice will be done.

But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers.  These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity.  They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity."

The lie of all lies, CG?

If Obama's opposition is trying to paint itself as being a party of substance, I'm not sure that this latest bluster is really helping them -- particularly given the exact words that were said. Now, if the hope is to paint itself as leaving no tragedy unexploited for political gain, well then, 2nd star to the right and straight on 'til morning I suppose ...

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/17/12 - 01:05 am
Morning Flock

I'm having a Honey Boo Boo breakfast. Chocolate chip cookies and a Mountain dew. Although I already had fruit, grits eggs and toast. I bought some hommade cookies from BI-LO and they are absolutely delisious!!!!!!! Makes me want to holla down a dirt road!

slowpitch
slowpitch 10/17/12 - 03:33 am
@burninator

Unfortunately, the 'act of terror' line was in reference to Sept 11 2001 attacks, from the paragraph before you started quoting.

Obama's remarks on the Banghazi embassy attacks centered around the US not supporting the denigration of any religion, a nod to the thoroughly-debunked idea that the attack was an outgrowth of protests over a YouTube video. There had been no protests.

Foreign Policy magazine is no Romney shill. They're calling BS on Obama and Crowley.

burninater
burninater 10/17/12 - 04:22 am
Slowpitch, that blog post on

Slowpitch, that blog post on FP you link cites this Commentary article as their source of the interpretation of the speech, which says:

"Obama said during the speech that “No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation” — but at no point was it clear that he was using that term to describe the attack in Benghazi"

"At no point was it clear"?

Do you think perhaps it was clear at the point when the attack in Benghazi was the VERY NEXT LINE IN THE SPEECH?!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/17/12 - 06:16 am
Holla down a dirt road

Yep...that sums it up for me too.....

Tullie
Tullie 10/17/12 - 06:33 am
Hmmm

Homemade cookies from Bi-Lo? Where are they getting them from?

Tullie
Tullie 10/17/12 - 06:37 am
Rant #2

lunch plan. As a growing teenager in high school, I believe that we should get a nice, substantial meal. mistaken, but I am pretty sure today at lunch I spent $12.50 for two sorry pizzas, spaghetti that tastes genetically engineered and some actually pretty decent beans.

You know, most growing boys do eat like they have hollow legs. They can put away some food. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, they are growing and they are active, usually.

At least this one is paying for the lunch....

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/17/12 - 06:58 am
I don't know tullie

But they sho nuff be good!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/17/12 - 07:01 am
Libertarian

Good comment, Jake. There will be a Libertarian Party candidate (Gary Johnson) on the ballots both in Georgia and California. There's no harm in voting Libertarian in those states.

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/17/12 - 07:05 am
burninator....let's be honest

burninator....let's be honest here. In the President's speech from the beginning he referred to the attack in Lybia as a result of the movie which degraded the muslim faith....not an act of terrorism. When he referred to the portion you quoted....he was referring to the original 911 attacks on the United States.

"The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts."

Please take note his statement "We reject all efforst to denigrate the religious belief of others" referring it to the reason for the attack.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/17/12 - 07:10 am
Learned Lots

Man, I'm totally surprised. Come to find out Obama and his administration have been saying all along this was a pre-planned Al Qaeda attack. Our UN Ambassador, Susan Rice, Sec. of State, Hillary Clinton and all have been saying all along this was an attack and had nothing to do with demonstrations from the video. Thanks, Mr. President, for clarifying it all. Susan Rice is in hiding and it's too bad we can't find her so we can thank her, too, for revealing it was Al Qaeda.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/17/12 - 07:12 am
You heard it here too..

It was a pre-planned attack....the posters knew ....

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 10/17/12 - 07:18 am
They promised "Change you can believe in."

I guess even educated teens aren't buying, the

(insert what you like)

, they are serving.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 10/17/12 - 07:23 am
Burn-in-ator

You left out the important fact:

The Terror speech you quoted was about was about 9-11-01 NYC,

NOT the 9-11-12 LIBYA attack that killed our ambassador and others.

(watch the Y-Tube video)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/17/12 - 07:23 am
Video

Has the word video been erased from Obama's vocabulary? Did he even utter the word video last night?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/17/12 - 07:26 am
ICL

You hit the nail on the head!!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/17/12 - 07:28 am
Credit

I'll tell you what annoyed me last night. Obama kept taking credit for the increase in oil & gas production in this country. He kept saying 'we are drilling more oil' and 'we have got natural gas production to the highest level in decades.' He even talked about how 'we are mining more coal' after crucifying the coal industry in 2008.

What is this "we" bit, Mr. President. The energy industry is fracking and horizontal drilling and extracting oil form shale in spite of your efforts to sack their industry.

He is pathetic; a bolder liar than Bill Clinton.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/17/12 - 07:44 am
Candy Crowley said, "Yes, he did."

I don't think we have to worry about Candy Crowley joining the Fox babes.

harley_52
harley_52 10/17/12 - 07:47 am
"Do you think perhaps it was clear......

.... at the point when the attack in Benghazi was the VERY NEXT LINE IN THE SPEECH?!"

I predict the 3rd Presidential Debate will be historic in terms of it's intensity and its influence on Obama's landslide loss in the November Presidential election.

Obama and members of his Administration have lied repeatedly about the Bengazi terrorist attack. It was Clintonesque for Obama to claim he called it a "terrorist attack" the next morning. He didn't. He was speaking broadly about terrorist attacks. "It depends on what the definition of "is" is."

For weeks after the attack Obama claimed it was a "spontaneous" attack directly related to the anti-mohammed movie trailer available on the internet. He did so on "the View" and he did so SIX times when speaking before the United Nation weeks after the date he now claims he had decided it was a "terrorist attack."

It is impossible to have it both ways. He had either concluded the morning after the attack that it was a "terrorist attack," or he hadn't. The overwhelming evidence is that he hadn't (or at least refused to admit it." Further, the overwhelming evidence is that his Administration knew immediately it was NOT a "spontaneous" event as it was in progress (they were watching it unfold on live tv), but, nonetheless, Obama continued to deceitfully deny it was a "terrorist attack" for weeks after he knew better.

The sparks will fly in the next debate (foreign policy) and Obama will lose the election because of his lies and his lies about his lies.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/17/12 - 07:49 am
There's no Rants or Raves to comment on this morning

Well CG,Seenit,Jake, Riverman,KSL,Open Curtain and everybody else what can we post about? Let's talk about the best coffee out there.
Is it Maxwell House, Folgers or something else. I'm on my fourth cup and it's French Roast from Freds. Can't tell any difference. I can tell you one thing. I hate weak coffee. I want mine strong,strong, strong! So strong that it climbs the stairs by itself and puts itself down right next to me in my office!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/17/12 - 07:59 am
Country Boys world...just for you Shrimp..:)

She was raised up in Jersey
I said oh Lord have mercy
Never seen a one light town 'til she moved down here
She said I'm so bored out of my mind
Need a starbucks and a Wi-Fi
Or a jet airliner to fly me anywhere
I said do ya wanna take a drive in my truck
Don't pay no mind to that 12 point buck
Layed across my hood

Chorus:
Ever been to Rome, Georgia
Picked peaches off the trees
Climbed a water tower
In Paris, Tennessee
Been to Florence, Alabama
Drank Muscadine wine
Just Give me a chance to change your mind
So before you go and fly away girl,
Let me show you 'round a Country Boy's World