Rants & Raves

SELF-CONFESSED serial killer Reinaldo Rivera was sentenced to death in 2004, so why is it taking all this time to make it happen? The appeal process is just getting out of hand and delaying matters forever. Sorry, but I think it’s time to pull the switch.

BURKE COUNTY Board of Education, you have a lice problem. This is a public health hazard and needs to be dealt with.

TO THE PERSON who complained about tougher requirements for a driver’s license: They are the result of the federal government intruding on local authority because of national security.

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE between Democrats and Communists is that the Democrats don’t use firing squads. Yet.

I HATE IT WHEN people blame President Obama for his awful debate performance the other night when we all know deep down that it was Bush’s fault.

IT’S PUMPKIN TIME. Let’s eat more of it and try out the vegetarian dishes in honor of Vegetarian Month.

I WISH WFXG would get its act together. Two weeks straight now, their station is troubled during the Monday night broadcasts of the new Bones episodes. That is really ticking me off.

RANTS TO ALL THE people who put Chipper Jones on a pedestal. All he did was play ball. I was a construction worker for 30 years. I am 52 years old, and I cannot find a job. I built you your houses, your offices and you put him on a pedestal. And you wonder why we can’t solve the problems in this country.

RANT TO THE MOTHER at the Evans track behind the Columbia County library who leaves her first-grade child at the park playing. Do you know someone could snatch your precious little child? Mothers, please supervise your children. They are God’s gift.

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK all the people who voted for Scott Peebles to vote for Freddie Sanders in the upcoming election.

WE LOST ANOTHER icon when Andy Williams passed away. It seems like every year we lose another one. I am glad I lived in an era where real music and real entertainment was found.

WHY CAN’T CHURCHES pay taxes on all these million-dollar buildings they have? Most of these big churches around here, nothing but rich people go to them anyway.

Trouble
Trouble 10/16/12 - 09:02 am
morning all

are you saying that if you are poor, all you have to do is change churches and suddenly you will become rich?

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/16/12 - 09:02 am
Punday October 16th:

I'm glad I know sign language, it's pretty handy.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/16/12 - 09:02 am
I went to Costco yesterday

I went to Costco yesterday and bought a smart 3-D TV. The problem is the user's IQ (me) doesn't always match the smartness of the TV. But reading the R and R's on a big screen is interesting.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/16/12 - 09:04 am
On Chipper Jones

I agree 100% with the ranter's premise that we willingly support paying athletes mega bucks to play a game, while in a lot of cases not even knowing who our political leadership are and what they stand for.

They call that bassackwards priorities where I come from

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/16/12 - 09:08 am
3-D

I haven't viewed a 3-D TV screen, yet. When you roll your mouse over the John Barrow video on the Chronicle website, does the 3-D effect work, RM?

Trouble
Trouble 10/16/12 - 09:11 am
3-d tv

i think we all need to go to rm's and check this thing out........lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/16/12 - 09:12 am
That must be why we are seeing this...

Sales of electronics and appliances last month swelled 4.5 percent, in part because of iPhone sales. Sales at auto dealers increased 1.3 percent.

RM is out buying stuff again....we KNOW he has money...☺

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 10/16/12 - 09:14 am
Rant & Rave #8 and #12.

Yea bro', I hear ya'. Why people put athletes, NASCAR drivers, the Kardashians, Oprah Winfrey, and Lindsay Lohan, etc.,etc.,etc., on pedestals is beyond my comprehension. I'm sure you didn't build my house but let me say "Thanks" for your contribution to society.

When I was in my political science class at ASU, I asked my professor (the ex-mayor DeVaney no less) if churches had "tax-free" status. The entire class all rubber-necked and looked at me like I was insane - that is until he backed up that statement. In return for that "tax-free" status they have to "display no outward political viewpoints" - well, I know that's one of them but there may be more. Anyways, that'll all be taken care of when you elect me President in three weeks with your massive "write in" campaign. My first official decree as prez' will be to revoke that "tax-free" status. How do you like them apples?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/16/12 - 09:20 am
GOB JR

Jr now has a phone that is water proof...he says he can take it in the shower ....if he does facetime with others & drops the dang thing ...it will still work.....I still can't imagine watching someone in the shower & talking on a phone......or sitting in the bathroom doing business.....oooh lordy.....when can we have a "private" moment anymore...

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/16/12 - 09:26 am
Photos

Is he e-mailing photos of himself in the shower to someone?

Trouble
Trouble 10/16/12 - 09:27 am
seenit

my youngest son has one that is "indestructible" he takes this as a challenge....

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/16/12 - 09:28 am
I wish Chipper would hire

I wish Chipper would hire that laid off guy to do some work at his house or something.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/16/12 - 09:30 am
LL, I'll try it. It's very

LL, I'll try it. It's very tedious working with the Smart TV thing. The keyboard is small, no mouse, etc. I'm getting favorites set up on it and that should save some time. I'll report on the Barrow video later.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/16/12 - 09:31 am
That is a good question llamb

He could probably make some bucks...he is a nice looking guy.....:)

I don't think he needs any more girl friends though....he has plenty.

Yes...he will kill me if he sees this...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/16/12 - 09:34 am
What security

What security for the Speaker...I don't see the article.......anyway they all probably want to play some golf......you know where....

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/16/12 - 09:44 am
Amazingly enough

Some people can enjoy their sports heros and follow current, more important events independent of each other.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/16/12 - 09:44 am
SeenIt, I saw it on TV. There

SeenIt, I saw it on TV. There was a long convoy of cars and many police cars. Waaaayyyy too much. Heck, I think he should fly commercial and rent his own car....and I'm a Republican.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/16/12 - 09:51 am
Well now

Didn't Nancy have a jet loaded with goodies like the best likker money can buy......he is cheaper because he isn't flying back & forth to California.....with BIG family...

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/16/12 - 10:13 am
My experience with "indestructable" and boys

... is that if it is truly so, they will use it to destroy all their other toys. This comes from the perspective of one son and four grandsons.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/16/12 - 10:14 am
RM1, it seems like

... a lot of local news is slipping by the AC here lately.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/16/12 - 11:03 am
Vote for Freddie Sanders....Blues Band & Free Hotdogs

**Friday (10/19) 5:00 to 8:00 PM Public Event at Headquarters Building on Peach Orchard Rd.

Live “Blues” Band and Free Hotdogs

We need some volunteers to show up around 4 PM to help out

happychimer
happychimer 10/16/12 - 01:39 pm
The reason for the Speaker's

The reason for the Speaker's tight security is that he is in line for President. Vice President is next in line and then the House Speaker.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/16/12 - 02:40 pm
Some people can enjoy their

Yep, but we are in the minority. Speaking for myself, I don't know who was on the island, stage, house; much less who got voted off. Collectively, I've seen all of ten minutes of Two Men and a Truck, Jersey Wives, Georgia Wives, Honey Boo Hoo, Dancing with Boobs, Kardashians, etc., ad nausem since these shows have been on.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/16/12 - 02:45 pm
Chipper

To the ranter about Chipper. The difference between the two of you is that 50,000 people don't show up to watch you build a house.

I will surely miss ole Chipper next year.What a great player and a humble person. Baseball has lost a true classy guy.
Oh and the ranter...Tell me when and where you are building your next house and I'll come cheer you on! We need people like you too and I for one am proud of you. Keep up the good work!

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/16/12 - 04:36 pm
Bonnie Ruben

Bonnie just went on the radio and explained how wrong the TEE contracts and arrangements are. A courageous lady in this town.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 10/16/12 - 04:45 pm
Yes, Austin has a great show

Yes, Austin has a great show today with guests Al Gray and Brad Owens.

Georgia to monitor potential Ebola travelers

The new screening comes on the heels of a decision to funnel all of the travelers from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone to one of five airports where CDC and airports are conducting enhanced ...