Rants & Raves

BURKE COUNTY Board of Education, you have a lice problem. This is a public health hazard and needs to be dealt with.

TO THE PERSON who complained about tougher requirements for a driver’s license: They are the result of the federal government intruding on local authority because of national security.

I HATE IT WHEN people blame President Obama for his awful debate performance the other night when we all know deep down that it was Bush’s fault.

IT’S PUMPKIN TIME. Let’s eat more of it and try out the vegetarian dishes in honor of Vegetarian Month.

RANTS TO ALL THE people who put Chipper Jones on a pedestal. All he did was play ball. I was a construction worker for 30 years. I am 52 years old, and I cannot find a job. I built you your houses, your offices and you put him on a pedestal. And you wonder why we can’t solve the problems in this country.

RANT TO THE MOTHER at the Evans track behind the Columbia County library who leaves her first-grade child at the park playing. Do you know someone could snatch your precious little child? Mothers, please supervise your children. They are God’s gift.

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK all the people who voted for Scott Peebles to vote for Freddie Sanders in the upcoming election.

WE LOST ANOTHER icon when Andy Williams passed away. It seems like every year we lose another one. I am glad I lived in an era where real music and real entertainment was found.

WHY CAN’T CHURCHES pay taxes on all these million-dollar buildings they have? Most of these big churches around here, nothing but rich people go to them anyway.

museofsatie
museofsatie 10/15/12 - 05:49 pm
"THE ONLY DIFFERENCE between

"THE ONLY DIFFERENCE between Democrats and Communists is that the Democrats don’t use firing squads. Yet."

Spoken like a person who doesn't know the definition of either term.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 10/15/12 - 07:38 pm
"WHY CAN’T CHURCHES pay taxes

...on all these million-dollar buildings they have? ...nothing but rich people go to them anyway."

No, unfortunately, most of the congregation is not rich, but their dollars are making the organization and clergy very much so.
The rest of us contribute involuntarily every time we pay our property taxes.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 10/15/12 - 07:45 pm
"I hate it people blame President Obama

... for his awful debate performance the other night when we all know deep down that ... " IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!

Not only The Obamessiah's performance in debate, but everything else he's serially failed at for the past four years.

madgerman
madgerman 10/15/12 - 08:34 pm
Aw come on now. We all know

Aw come on now. We all know this a country based on law. And please quit refering to someone flipping the switch. In my opinion the reason we have so many murders is because we quit flipping the switch years ago and substituted a nice doctor recommended process so the perp wouldn't be inconvenienced with even a little pain. When I was young I lived in columbus ohio you could count the number of murders on one hand because no one wanted to fry in an electric chair.

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/15/12 - 08:55 pm
"WHY CAN’T CHURCHES pay taxes

"WHY CAN’T CHURCHES pay taxes on all these million-dollar buildings"

Don't worry. We're going to get 'em with the "rain tax".

Pretty soon you will see big churches with dirt parking lots.

My house is 1200 feet from the road. I was going to asphalt the driveway.......NOT NOW. I 'spect I'll be investing in another load or two of gravel. It's water permeable.

allhans
allhans 10/15/12 - 09:25 pm
It is only fair for

It is only fair for democrats to cross over to vote for Sanders if he is their choice. : )

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/15/12 - 09:36 pm
Chipper Jones

Really going to seem strange without him next year. Great memories in all those games against the Mets.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/15/12 - 09:56 pm
Amen, Dichotomy

Booooooo on the rain tax.

allhans
allhans 10/16/12 - 12:57 am
justthefacts..I agree. What a

justthefacts..I agree. What a loss. I like Martine, and a couple of others are catching on, so perhaps we will find someone to kind of take his place.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/16/12 - 02:46 am
museofsatie

Amen! Can you believe that rant? Sheeesh.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/16/12 - 02:48 am
"SELF-CONFESSED serial killer

"SELF-CONFESSED serial killer Reinaldo Rivera was sentenced to death in 2004, so why is it taking all this time to make it happen? The appeal process is just getting out of hand and delaying matters forever. Sorry, but I think it’s time to pull the switch."

Um...we don't pull switches anymore. Some folks still think we use the electric chair.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/16/12 - 02:51 am
Bones

"I WISH WFXG would get its act together. Two weeks straight now, their station is troubled during the Monday night broadcasts of the new Bones episodes. That is really ticking me off.

I feel the same way my friend. It seems that whenever I'm watching my favorite shows there's technical problems. I bet it never happens on shows I dislike!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/16/12 - 02:53 am
Mornin' Flock!

How's the flock doin this morning?
Ya'll fly on in and let's do some posting!

wayne2410
wayne2410 10/16/12 - 04:37 am
The main difference between

The main difference between democrats and communists is not firing squads, it is courage. The communists supported a stupid system but they at least had the courage of their convictions, democrats do not have courage of anything. Lies and innuendo is their craft, that and wanting everything for free so they do not have to work for a living like the true Americans, conservatives.

rebellious
rebellious 10/16/12 - 04:57 am
Barruh

Just saw John Barrow (narrow eyes and all) with his guns saying he still supports the 2nd amendment and that the NRA endorses him. Gotta do some research on this one. I can't beleive Charlton Heston would buy into this shift to the middle by a Left Wing Democrat.

Tullie
Tullie 10/16/12 - 06:08 am
Rebellious said:

Yes, the NRA supports Barrow: http://barrowforcongress.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7...

I don't think Charlton Heston is supporting anyone, he died.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/16/12 - 06:25 am
Good Morning America {{{22}}}

I wouldn't miss the "Lie - True Debate " tonight unless God takes me before then.

Rumors are that the King SMNCICBHO will wear a neck brace to hold his head up off the podium.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/16/12 - 07:01 am
Come here flock...come on in the house....

I have been reading Rebels posts...gotta hand it toya.....you are right on the money......about the Tee center...about getting to know kids & common sense....I hope yall read them too....

Esp. about the Tee....why in sam hill would you keep a place running 24/7 ...pay all the heating-cooling & upkeep bills while NOT in use.....please read that article folks....it will make you say WHAT THE **** is going on here......open curtain---llamb--dichotomy are telling it like it is....

Good am folks .....hope cgee is happy with the polls now...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/16/12 - 07:01 am
Tis is true.....ask RM he is one...

A Maroon. Or an Oxymaroon.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/16/12 - 07:03 am
Hey, why can't I eat pumpkin

Hey, why can't I eat pumpkin pie and meat, too?

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/16/12 - 07:08 am
SeenIt, that guy who called

SeenIt, that guy who called me a maroon was right. Stay out by the pool too long and you pass lobster red and go all the way to maroon. I should have called him a name back....turquoise or something.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/16/12 - 07:10 am
Burke County BOE has lice?

Burke County BOE has lice? Somebody bring some RID to the next meeting.

scratchthesurface
scratchthesurface 10/16/12 - 07:25 am
Obama/Romney

To all the supporters of Obama: You need to understand that Romney is a business man that only looks at the bottom line of how to save money and make more money. President Obama is a compassionate "Human Being" that considers everyone when making a decision. This election is going to be about Money, Power & Race. Laws are going to be changed just to ensure that President Obama loses or has a "Heck" of a time getting anything done in office. Just sit back and watch how people act if President Obama wins another 4 years. We got people threatening to fire people from their jobs if President Obama wins.(#Racism) We got people threatening not to hire people if President Obama wins. (#Racism).....Now if Romney wins, watch within a matter of weeks a news report will come on Fox News saying "The Economy is getting better" or "Unemployment claims fall to a record low" and the only reason is because President Obama is out (#Racism)....Watch what happens !

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/16/12 - 07:13 am
Commenters and Security

We need to at least hand wand some commenters before they are allowed to comment.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/16/12 - 07:24 am
Dr. Snelling's photo in the jail

Dr. Snelling's photo in the jail report or whatever the Chronicle calls theirs is kind of funny. At least he smiled. I bet he's having a big a laugh as the rest of us.

Jane18
Jane18 10/16/12 - 07:53 am
He is so hilarious!

George, you really crack me up! This morning it was your 7:25 post. (I was your 3rd thumbs up). Come on, say something else funny!! I can hardly wait for tomorrow, to hear tonight's thoughts from you....................

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/16/12 - 07:54 am
Smile big on your police photo

That always throws people off.....they think....why smile ....maybe they aren't guilty after all.....or maybe they know something.....or maybe that person needed a butt kicking ....I will smile on mine next time..Hah

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/16/12 - 07:56 am
Jane

CGee is even funnier in person.....:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/16/12 - 07:58 am
The Speaker of the House gets

The Speaker of the House gets THAT kind of security when he's here? That's a waste.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/16/12 - 08:00 am
#1

In light of recent forensic technological advances that have exonerated and freed some wrongly convicted people, I'm not too crazy about rushing death penalty cases unless it is 100% slam dunk.
However, in the Rivera case, there is no reason for it to still be lingering.

Daniel Field removes trees, lights structures in airspace

Daniel Field, managed by operations company Augusta Aviation, has spent more than $30,000 conducting land surveys, removing 30 trees and installing red blinking lights on top of the Newman Tennis ...