Rants & Raves

IF YOU VOTE for Romney … he will win. But you must vote. Do not listen to the polls. Your vote counts! And while you are voting for Romney – vote for Anderson, and Sanders.

BIG RANT TO THE person or persons who speak for “we readers” against the editors of “our” newspaper. There is nothing illogical or slanted when editorials are backed up by facts. You want illogical: a survey of 60,000 households shows over 800,000 people found jobs, bringing unemployment below 8 percent? Really big families or bad math?

RANT ABOUT Mi Rancho’s downtown and its outdoor karaoke: I was trying to listen to an excellent performance by a local singer/songwriter (Kyle Smith) who was playing at The Cotton Patch. Unfortunately, he was nearly overpowered by the loud karaoke and lessor performances, about a block away. Be respectful and turn it down.

ROMNEY WAS RIGHT when he said he would cut funding to PBS. Now we find that Sesame Workshop President and CEO Gary Knell received $956,513 in compensation in 2008. Let’s vote for Mitt Romney to stop all of this nonsense.

ANOTHER STORY INCLUDING TERMS like “costly tax cuts” and “tax cut costs city millions.” Cutting taxes NEVER costs taxpayers anything; it merely gives less to politicians for them to waste or steal.

A RANTER CLAIMS Lee Anderson should not be voted for because he is “not a politician.” I’d say what we need in office are more NON-politicians.

USED TO BE DECENT PEOPLE were ashamed to be on welfare and food stamps. Now it seems everyone is proud of the fact.

WHAT DO YOU THINK THE media would be doing right now if a Republican president was in office and our embassies were overrun and our ambassador was killed and there were accusations they had asked for more security repeatedly right before an election?

JOHN BARROW ONLY votes with the Republicans when his vote is not needed for the Democrats to win. When there is a tight vote, he always votes with the Democrats.

PAUL BROUN SAYS evolution, embryology and the big bang are lies from the pit of hell. I say they show that our God is an awesome God.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 07:30 am
Smarties

I'm sure someone on here with the smart mind will tell us.....

daphne3520
daphne3520 10/14/12 - 07:38 am
Response to "Big Rant," I repeat, there is NO such

word as, "illogical!" Look it up!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/14/12 - 07:38 am
What Gives

with the blue outlining of comments....Does it mean Good or Bad?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 07:40 am
CG

You are seeing things......again..:)

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 10/14/12 - 07:57 am
@seenit

Everyone has to activate their account (orange link, top right of page) so our system will link all the digital formats to your membership. Gotta go now. Have a good day.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 08:01 am

well ok then...if YOU say so..☺

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/14/12 - 08:11 am
Sean

Hey, he's gone. We can say anything....

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 08:22 am
Oh please cgee

You can't leave here even if you wanted to...YOU my friend are addicted....anyway it is good til the end of year....

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/14/12 - 08:51 am
CGee

CGEE, actually my bobble head avatar is unique. It's not like the others if you look closely. I won't tell you what it is though. It's a secret.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/14/12 - 08:52 am
"I know what really happened,

"I know what really happened, but I'm not going to say it on here."

Heh, heh, heh...LCD folks.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/14/12 - 08:53 am
What's dstewart talking about

What's dstewart talking about with the raid on the wrong house in Richmond Cty. I don't see the story.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 09:29 am
Sick sick sick

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Prosecutors say a Florida man resealed and returned used enemas to pharmacies who resold them to unsuspecting customers.

Thirty-four-year-old Ronald Eugene Robinson, of Jacksonville, faces federal charges of tampering with consumer products.

If convicted, Robinson faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Authorities say the customers who purchased the used enemas have been notified.

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 10/14/12 - 09:55 am
Paul Broun = $$$$ to me

Yea, Paul Broun did say "evolution is a lie from the pits of hell." So, I got in contact with him via his website shortly after he uttered that and challenged him to a $5k bet that evolution is factual and true. And, as I'm sure you're probably well aware of - so far he's tucked tail and has NOT gotten in contact with me. Why would that be? I mean, I've only made that bet 5 times this year with people that have said "evolution is false," yet, not one of them has the cajones to make that simple bet. But I do have some help for Paul Broun if he reads this:
1.) Put down your Bible and open up a science book.
2.) Put down your Bible and read Why Evolution Is True (2009) by Jerry A. Coyne, Ph.D.
3.) Put down your Bible and read pages 291 - 319 from The Ascent of Man(1973) by J. Bronkowski.
4.) Put down your Bible, put down your - Life: How Did It Get Here? By evolution or creation?, put down your - Of Pandas and People book, put down your Ken Hovind creationist propaganda junk, and read a biology book.
5.) Lastly, if you've got the stones, give The Origin of Species: By Means of Natural Selection (1859) by Charles Darwin a shot.
I guarantee you your eyes will bleed after reading all that but at least you will have learned something (but then again, maybe not.)
$5,000 - Evolution is true - anybody, anytime, anywhere, anyplace, any takers?

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/14/12 - 10:01 am
It's going to be a real test

It's going to be a real test when the increased fees kick in at the Chronicle for internet access. I'm staying, being the news junkie commenter I am, but I get a feel things will not go well. There's getting to be too much competition online for free as I've said before. THE place to comment has not been decided as the transformation to the internet continues.

Before this downsizing of traditional newsapers is over, the Chronicle will be run out a room at the Marriott that moves daily depending on the guests they have and the block or rooms reserved. Some days they'll have to hang out in the parking deck until someone checks out. Hotel business good, traditional newspapers, not so much.

KSL
KSL 10/14/12 - 10:23 am
My husband said you are

My husband said you are fixing to charge yourself right out of business.

allhans
allhans 10/14/12 - 10:27 am
"Activate Now". I get the

"Activate Now". I get the folowing message:

"As a home delivery subscriber, it's all yours!"

Thank you AC.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 10/14/12 - 10:29 am
RM, this isn't my only news source

... I saw this on last night's late news. I'm surprised there is no mention in today's AC. Don't know how long this will stay up, but here's a link:

KSL
KSL 10/14/12 - 10:30 am
Riverman, please send your

Riverman, please send your comments to kslouder07@yahoo.com. We have a hundred grand less income thanks to Obama.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/14/12 - 10:47 am
KSM..ha, that may be the only

KSM..ha, that may be the only way many will be reading anybody's comments.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 10:47 am
WHY is this true....we should have won that dang civil war.

The poorest states in the country are almost entirely found in the South, with the exception of New Mexico. The wealthiest states can be found all across the country, including three in New England, four in the Mid-Atlantic, and two outside the contiguous 48 states.

Read more: America’s Poorest States - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/2012/09/20/americas-poorest-states-2/#ixzz29HxwtJs4

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/14/12 - 10:54 am
Dstewart..Wow

That's the biggest story around and it looks like there was a cover-up. Here we currently have these cases of crooks impersonating law enforcement and breaking in houses over the area, too.

They had the wrong house, a three year old and pregnant woman were there and made to get on the floor for OVER AN HOUR while RCSO deputies cursed them and tore their house up. Then they tried to hide the whole matter. This family deserves big bucks. You and many of us on here tried to explain how dangerous these no knock raids are to all concerned. Thanks for the link. Chronicle reporters better get hopping.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/14/12 - 11:01 am
DStewart, I was thinking

DStewart, I was thinking about MyFather's post the other day too. If what he said is true, then this entire team that raided the wrong place should be fired and legal action taken against them personally. They obviously didn't follow the procedures MyFather explained.

If you don't have a warrant to raid THAT house then all those actions were illegal. If you purposefully disregard procedures as MyFather said are in place, they you are committing criminal actions. Breaking and entering with weapons, false imprisonment and child abuse of that three year old. The spokesman for the RCSO didn't seem too concerned about the whole thing. Unreal.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 10:58 am
I googled this..just as I thought

Southeners have always been too ready to believe the myth that we lost the war because we were poor. Nothing could be further from the truth. In 1860, in terms of personal wealth, the average Southerner (including all races and classes) was something on the order of 2 1/2 times as wealthy as the average northerner. The South did NOT lose the war because She was poor. On the contrary The South is poor because She lost the war!

After the war the national government and economy were ruled almost entirely by northern corporations. They came South and built steel mills, coal mines and other enterprises. The South got the polluted water, the strip mines and the low wage jobs but the profits went NORTH. And by the way, this process goes on today.

KSL
KSL 10/14/12 - 11:38 am
Same thing happened as a

Same thing happened as a result of that total jerk, Carter. Sorry Jackie and Jeff. No apologies to the wife shaking the car keys at her husband and saying "time to go, Jimmy," when he was speaking to us SC residents.l

KSL
KSL 10/14/12 - 02:21 pm
Same thing happened as a

I remember a commenter posting that Jimmy Carter was truthful. I let that go.

Nothing is further from the truth than that. I heard him say, while running for governor of GA that he didn't have a child in private school and Georgian's should not be taking their klids out of public schools. Technically that statement was the truth. 3rd son Jeff had just graduated from Woodward Academy. The 2 older Carter boys went to Plains. Nothing had changed except desegregation.

How two faced can you be?

rebellious
22034
rebellious 10/14/12 - 01:25 pm
Seenit

Your cows are over here at my place. They will be home around 8.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 10/14/12 - 02:52 pm
RM, problem is the courts

... have up to now sided with the police unless there is an actual death. Killed your pets, destroyed your home, terrorized your children, but no one was killed? District attornies refuse to file on actions which would put an average citizen in prison. It's that whole shrug, no harm no foul attitude that will end up doing more damage than the individual mistakes.

Walk it off?

I don't think so. We are approaching, I believe, a 'tipping point' where the police have adopted an army of occupation mentality which allows them to act this way, unthinkable only several decades ago. I think there are enough citizens remaining in the US that there will be the inevitable push-back -- not everyone wants to be a servant of the state-- and when they do, watch out. The low-level conflicts we're fighting overseas are very much a pattern.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 03:08 pm
Your cows are over here at my place. They will be home around 8.

My bull has been calling the cows for hours...usually they come pretty fast...you must have them penned in for SOME reason....

Gob & the bull want the cows B4 8pm.....set my cows free rebel...:):)

rebellious
22034
rebellious 10/14/12 - 03:28 pm
Cows

Haven't finished eating yet. They are almost done with the Waffle Fries.