Rants & Raves

IF YOU VOTE for Romney … he will win. But you must vote. Do not listen to the polls. Your vote counts! And while you are voting for Romney – vote for Anderson, and Sanders.

BIG RANT TO THE person or persons who speak for “we readers” against the editors of “our” newspaper. There is nothing illogical or slanted when editorials are backed up by facts. You want illogical: a survey of 60,000 households shows over 800,000 people found jobs, bringing unemployment below 8 percent? Really big families or bad math?

RANT ABOUT Mi Rancho’s downtown and its outdoor karaoke: I was trying to listen to an excellent performance by a local singer/songwriter (Kyle Smith) who was playing at The Cotton Patch. Unfortunately, he was nearly overpowered by the loud karaoke and lessor performances, about a block away. Be respectful and turn it down.

ROMNEY WAS RIGHT when he said he would cut funding to PBS. Now we find that Sesame Workshop President and CEO Gary Knell received $956,513 in compensation in 2008. Let’s vote for Mitt Romney to stop all of this nonsense.

ANOTHER STORY INCLUDING TERMS like “costly tax cuts” and “tax cut costs city millions.” Cutting taxes NEVER costs taxpayers anything; it merely gives less to politicians for them to waste or steal.

A RANTER CLAIMS Lee Anderson should not be voted for because he is “not a politician.” I’d say what we need in office are more NON-politicians.

USED TO BE DECENT PEOPLE were ashamed to be on welfare and food stamps. Now it seems everyone is proud of the fact.

WHAT DO YOU THINK THE media would be doing right now if a Republican president was in office and our embassies were overrun and our ambassador was killed and there were accusations they had asked for more security repeatedly right before an election?

JOHN BARROW ONLY votes with the Republicans when his vote is not needed for the Democrats to win. When there is a tight vote, he always votes with the Democrats.

PAUL BROUN SAYS evolution, embryology and the big bang are lies from the pit of hell. I say they show that our God is an awesome God.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/13/12 - 04:59 pm
"...a survey of 60,000 households

... shows over 800,000 people found jobs, bringing unemployment below 8 percent? Really big families or bad math?"

Neither; it was what is refered to as advocacy research; it wasn't 60,000 households actually sampled; it was a sampling to REPRESENT 60000 households. From that sample it was extrapolated there were 800,000 newly employed.

Why not? It's worked before with second-hand smoking statistics and the selected sampling that supports human generated global warming.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/13/12 - 05:04 pm
"IF YOU VOTE for Romney … he will win. "

Maybe. But only if it's on the first count; otherwise, no Democrat has lost a recount that was not overseen by the Feds. Ask Linda Sanchez or Al Franken; statistically NONE of the "found" or "challenged" votes went for the Repubican in the recounts in those and other close elections. With no paper trail, who thinks there won't be the usual chicanery?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/13/12 - 05:17 pm
"ROMNEY ...said he would cut funding to PBS..."

PBS; Partisan Bull Stuff. They need to live off the liberal's dime, not mine. I watched the PBS' two specials on the presidential candidates; the one on Obama was a two hour paean of praise, setting him up as a struggling manifest destiny hero cum man of the people. The portrait of Romney was somewhat less; less of a portrait than wall poster- two dimensional with drawn on horns, glasses, blacked out teeth and mustaches.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/13/12 - 07:43 pm
Lee Anderson and Paul Broun

Lee Anderson and Paul Broun should give joint press conferences. That would get us on the map bigtime.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/13/12 - 08:18 pm
@8 Let Me Make Something Real Clear!

If we had a Republican president in office instead of the Care Less Golf Playing King and he was informed that they needed more security to protect our embassies and personnel, they would have received it immediately and it would never have been over run or any deaths of our Americans.

2nd, our Republican President sure would not be blaming the attack on some 2nd rate YouTube Video.

The media wouldn't have nothing to broadcast.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/13/12 - 10:23 pm
Richmond County cops kick in wrong door

... again. This keeps happening. When interviewed the reporter asked, "Isn't that illegal? You raided a house with no warrant." The public affairs officer (presumably, as he was openly on camera) refused to say so; instead weaseling, "We had a warrant; we entered the wrong house."

The matter is 'under advisement' by RC Internal Affairs. They promise to amend procedures to prevent this in the future. Same response as the last time.

Let me propose a modest solution in the biblical 'eye for an eye' format: You raid the wrong house because you're too stupid, lazy, illiterate or callous to check the address, and at some time, unnanounced, YOUR home's door will be smashed in, YOUR family will be thrown on the ground, restrained, guns will be pointed at YOUR spouse and children's heads while YOUR possessions thrown around as ski-masked goons swear at them.

Betcha that kind of shrug, walk-away, "no harm, no foul" police response crap would totally cease.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/13/12 - 10:50 pm
Myfather posted this only days ago:

"I've been a deputy for 15 years and have participated in hundreds of search warrants. In my 15 years, I've never participated in one where we hit the wrong house or apartment. I know, I know, it has happened before with departments, but with all the requirements needed to get a no knock search warrant today, it's EXTREMELY RARE. '

'No knock search warrants have many requirements that must be met. You must have a VERY detailed description of the residence, to include windows, window shades, lights normally on, mailboxes, color of residence, color of shades and blinds, and numbers posted on the residence, a detail description of the interior of the residence, to include locations of all bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen, living room, which is usually obtained from the confidential informant. The magistrate will most times want to see a written detailed layout of the residence and the plan of entry. Which will also be gone over before executing the search warrant. Then for a no knock warrant, you must prove the existence of weapons or firearms, which is usually through the informant and their observations while inside the residence."

SOMEONE'S sure got it wrong, or Richmond County has no such procedures.

YeCats
YeCats 10/13/12 - 11:43 pm
#9...

........ is 20/20.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/13/12 - 11:56 pm
Barrow will win

And watch him pull a Clinton, voting more with Republicans in order to save his butt in two years when he will get opposition from a viable Republican candidate. He will do whatever is necessary to stay on the gravy train; like 95% of the rest of that crowd in Washington.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/14/12 - 05:53 am
evolution, embryology and the big bang

These are theories. If Broun thinks they are lies from the pit of hell then he is a close minded individual.
Whom I wouldn't vote for in a million years!!!(by then I would have evolved into a superior being though and wouldn't care

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/14/12 - 05:59 am
By the way

Mornin' all you people who have evolved into a flock!
CG, Seenit, River,Jake,dstewartsr and the rest of the flock!
Now grab a cup of JOE and lets post!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 07:10 am
heh heh shrimp

Sometimes we get all flocked out just trying to flock on here......anyway you only flock once & awhile here....sooo are you flocking elsewhere.....ha......I'm thinking of getting with the Arkansas crowd.....but I would miss the regulars here & I would have to be a newbie again....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/14/12 - 07:11 am
Sorry sfb

I don't drink coffee. I don't need it to see FACTS & Truth!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 07:11 am
yeh anotherday

Barrow will probably win & vote Rep a lot to save his backend......but good .......he will play the middle as much as possible..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/14/12 - 07:14 am
B4

I wasn't invited to become a member of the Arkansas Flock?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 07:16 am
cgee

i now know what it means to have the ole back thrown out.....never B4....I wanted some good pain pills but NNNOOOO ole Doc wouldn't buy it.....sooo I'm heat padding & babying my back til the cows come home....GEEZ.....dang I hate this ...

good am flock of all colors-shapes-minds-egos-humor...

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 07:18 am
cgee

You LEFT the scene yesterday when that came up....evidently "something" was MORE important to you......I can't imagine what it could be though...
but you know we would take you with us whenever we cheat on Sean....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 07:25 am
Evil feeling I get

Sometimes I get a little tingling evil feeling when I flocked in other sites.....almost like I'm 2 timing Sean.....funny though he doesn't tell me he MISSED me....but maybe he is just hiding his emotions from me.....very clever guy he is.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/14/12 - 07:26 am
Know What

I wish RM would change his Avatar. The one he has now just ain't fitting.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 07:28 am
The rant said...

Yep.....it was used as a need not as a want.....now it is so abused it will kill us in taxes.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/14/12 - 07:29 am
maybe he is just hiding his emotions from me.....

Maybe he is saying, Thank God She Is Gone!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 07:30 am
You know RM

He is very hard headed about that.....you try to get him to change it....
see where you get......but what would YOU suggest he change it to??? I have my choices heheheh

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 07:31 am
Maybe he is saying, Thank God She Is Gone!

Now that hurts.....that is NOT what he says to me...:(

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/14/12 - 07:34 am
Haven't You Heard Of The Saying -

"Pain in the butt, but I still Love her"

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 07:36 am
kinda maybe sometimes

I have been called that B4.....

now I'm checking out the news for today sooo I can get depressed...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/14/12 - 07:41 am
Forgot

Good Morning America !! 24 !!

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/14/12 - 07:53 am
Good Measurement

" Let’s vote for Mitt Romney to stop all of this nonsense"

I did like Mitt's statement on how he would evaluate programs for whether they should have their funding cut. He said he would look at each program and ask "is it worth borrowing money from China to fund this program". That's a pretty good rule of thumb.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 10/14/12 - 08:15 am
Paul Broun is welcome to have

Paul Broun is welcome to have whatever beliefs he has. However, He has no business being on a committee for science, space & technology. As for Barrow, If I were Georgia resident I'd happily vote for him. He acknowledges voting with democrats AND republicans. We have gotten too divided- either too far right or too far left. I want more people voting for what's right for everyone no matter what party they're affiliated.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/14/12 - 08:19 am
Say what

The Augusta Chronicle

Time is running out. Activate your All-Access membership to The Augusta Chronicle by October 19 and you could win a prize package that includes a laptop, iPad®, $200 gift card to Apple® for an iPhone® and a newspaper tube for your driveway. For full details, visit augustachronicle.com/allaccess/contest

I thought yall said it was automatic for us....we didn't have to change anything...so what gives??
SSSEEEAANNN....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/14/12 - 08:26 am
B4

I think he said that the present members could remain untill the end of the year at current fees and then had to Activate your All-Access membership at $16.00 a month to remain a member. I'm I right?