Rants & Raves

AS BAD AS DR. Ricardo Azziz is, he is not the real problem. It is the Board of Regents appointed by our Republican governor, and I actually voted for him. Put pressure where it will do some good. Let Deal know he won’t get your vote unless he listens to us.

THANK YOU, Pastor Rich Bowen of New Hope Worship Center in Grovetown, for your message “A Message for America.” This message should be heard by all of the American people.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW why Child Recovery doesn’t check around and get some of these deadbeat dads who have kids by women, going on Medicaid having them free, and then buying everything they want and doing everything they want to do. Taxpayers are getting tired of it.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW why there is a school zone on East Buena Vista in North Augusta when the nearest school is more than a block away?

WE NEED TO HAVE left- and right-turn signals from Washington Road onto Beverly Heights Drive.

THE WOMAN WITH THE pink playhouse signed a contract stating she would abide by the laws of the association. Then she broke her word, and she broke the contract. She has to live by the law.

THIS HONEY BOO BOO program is an absolute disgrace. If you are trying to get children to reduce their weight, it is not helping. It is disgusting.

AZZIZ HAS GOT TO go. How many more e-mails and opinions do you need? He has overstayed his welcome in our community.

AZZIZ IS NOT holding forums to answer questions. He is holding forums to ridicule and dismiss our concerns. He’s holding forums in an attempt to force Augusta to accept his choice of names for our universities.

U.S. REP. JOHN Barrow is an independent? Since when? Stop the charade, John, you are a Democrat – through and through.

RANT FOR ALL THE 20-year-olds who still live with their parents and don’t work and don’t pay the bills and don’t help around the house stay up all night long and play video games and sleep all day long. Get a life.

PLEASE HAVE THE speed limit on Lewiston Road reduced to 45 mph.

THE PINK PAPER WAS very hard to read. Please stop making it pink.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/12/12 - 05:59 pm
"I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW

...why Child Recovery doesn’t get some of these deadbeat dads..."

Or deadbeat moms as well. Another bureaucracy whose paychecks should arrive in giftwrap. Even if they're told exactly where these genetic material donors (I refuse to call them parents) are --including cell numbers-- it's six months before they stir their lard from their comfortable chaise lounge and send off a letter. A freaking letter! Are you kidding me?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/12/12 - 06:06 pm
"JOHN BARROW an Independent?"

Yup, just like George Stephanopoulos is a non-partisan, apolitical reporter. Sad thing is, compared to most of the rabidly partisan politicians and media, they are. Relatively.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/12/12 - 06:09 pm
"EMPEROR Z IS NOT holding forums

... to answer questions. He is holding forums to ridicule and dismiss our concerns."

I recognize the pattern; we're ignorant bumpkins incapable of understanding the wisdom of our betters. Say, is this chump being groomed for the White House?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/12/12 - 08:40 pm
Azziz

in the lead again over the King SMNCICBHO in R&R. 3 to zip.

Maybe he should be running for president!

rebellious
rebellious 10/12/12 - 10:06 pm
on the road

Trying to post on these android phones isn't worth the aggravation!

Jake
Jake 10/12/12 - 11:29 pm
Dr Azziz

When in Augusta recently, I had the opportunity to visit with two separate friends who live in houses across from Augusta College. I expected to hear some outrage over the name but none was forthcoming. Also driving around with another friend who has remodeled many homes in the Hill section and is head of the Augusta Historical Preservation Society, I also expected to hear some sort of protest but there was none. In fact his comment was that it was a waste of time. At the Westobou Festival, I talked with one of the directors of the festival and she was a big fan of Dr Azziz.
With all of the hoopla about the name, I was expecting to hear a lot of negative comments about Dr Azziz but they didn't materialize. I guess I was not with the right crowd.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/12/12 - 11:35 pm
Wrong Crowd

Yeah, Jake, you missed the right crowd. What people want is an honest, open survey for the new university name. Azziz gamed the system, used state funds to lobby regents trustees, lied about it to The Chronicle, and condescended to faculty and students at ASU.

KSL
KSL 10/13/12 - 02:29 am
Ranter 1. Please don't gripe

Ranter 1. Please don't gripe if you are so ignorant. I don't even live in GA any longer and I know that not all of the Regents were appointed by Deal.

KSL
KSL 10/13/12 - 01:20 pm
And Jake

Little Lamb is right. You didnt get talk to the other people, like my friend, fiat. Fiat is a friend I have had as long as I have had you as a friend. Fiat has has on going experience, not a neighbor.

Tullie
Tullie 10/13/12 - 04:05 am
Pink Paper

The pink paper was for one day in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I have no problem with it. Even when people try to do something nice, people have to gripe about it.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/13/12 - 05:01 am
Honey Boo Boo

I cringe at the unhealthy way this child is growing up. By the time she's a teenager she'll be so overweight that her health will be compromised.
I won't watch this show and watch the entertainment industry take advantage of this little girl who needs big-time lifestyle changes.
The show ought to be about turning this little girls life around and convincing her parents to make some serious life changes.
I weep for the way the entertainment industry takes advantage of this family.

rebellious
rebellious 10/13/12 - 05:36 am
Sean

Sensuous listening to requests..... anyway that if a post has taken time and effort yet contains one breach of the terms of the site, the offending part can be removed without the entire post getting wacked? In the past, threads have become extremely confusing cause comments were deleted, then commented on downstream. Just axing!

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 10/13/12 - 06:17 am
There is nothing "nice" about

There is nothing "nice" about a pink paper. At my house, that issue went directly from the paper box to the garbage box.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/13/12 - 06:19 am
Good Morning America -- 25 --

If Azziz lied to the Chronicle, they sure as all heck have been given him a lot print support!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/13/12 - 06:22 am
@6

Has the house been taken down??

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/13/12 - 06:24 am
@11

And just who are "ALL" those 20 year olds are you talking about?
Are they yours?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/13/12 - 06:29 am
@13

If AC allowed color HTML tags, we could provide a clearer picture of what you are trying to say.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/13/12 - 06:34 am
OK TSDs

Where is U?

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/13/12 - 06:39 am
Pink paper okay, pink house not

Pink paper okay, pink house not.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/13/12 - 06:43 am
Quantifiy Disgust With GRU

One of the parties should put a question on the ballot for November asking whether Augusta should be the name of the combined schools, just to quantify the public's opinion on the matter.

Butterbean
Butterbean 10/13/12 - 06:43 am
Talking to the "right" people?

To those who "must not be talking to the right people": I suspect that you are talking to the right people; but, they are not relaying an honest opinion. I say this because I, too, have talked with many people. Almost all of the employees of these institutions are afraid to speak out about how they honestly feel about the name change. They have told me that they have been "warned" or "strongly advised" to NOT have any of the Save the A signs or to place them in their yard. Does someone need to remind Dr. Azziz about the freedom of speech in this country? Few public figures are going to go on record against Dr. Azziz. How sad.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/13/12 - 06:51 am
U know where U is....

1st things 1st......thanks happy for your post last night....we all need to think about that.....
We are different....so be it.....& so what.....this would be a boring world if we all thought alike....fat chance in that :)
Rebel ..I thought your post was going to be sexy...fooled me ...it does make sense though...I hope they listen to that comment...

Politics can get boring at times....same ole same ole.....so a joke sometimes relieves the stress of everyday life....we need to laugh some because we sho do have a lot to worry us...
News can be depressing.....so why do I read it .....

Good am readers-posters--oldies & younguns...

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/13/12 - 07:11 am
Log Cabin Democrat v. Log Cabin Republican.

The story yesterday said Alan English, the vice president of Audience at The Augusta Chronicle, has been named publisher of the Log Cabin Democrat. I hope no one confuses a Log Cabin Democrat with a Log Cabin Republican. I wonder if Alan will have to explain the difference often when he attends out of town conferences and so on? Heh, heh, heh.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/13/12 - 07:25 am
Interesting comments for him

also interesting posters.....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/13/12 - 07:36 am
Even The TSDs

have got me on the "Ignore User List"

That's it for me today!

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/13/12 - 07:36 am
Didn't Realize How Important English Was at Chronicle

I didn't realize how important Alan English was at the Chronicle until I tried to call him one day. The Chronicle phone answered and immediately said, "press one for English."

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/13/12 - 07:35 am
My am joke

I used to be a people person but people ruined it for me......

hahah....too dang bad I can't put some funny jokes/toons on here.....I just saw a few goodies...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/13/12 - 07:44 am
Conway, Ark

I'm curious about everything and looked up where Alan English will be going. It sounds like a small town, but it's actually pretty big. From Wiki:

Conway is the county seat of Faulkner County, Arkansas, United States.[1] The population was 58,908 at the 2010 census and 60,470 at the 2011 population estimate, making Conway the seventh most populous city in Arkansas. It is a principal city of the Little Rock–North Little Rock–Conway Metropolitan Statistical Area which had 709,901 people in 2011 and with 886,992 people in the Combined area. Conway is home to three post-secondary educational institutions, earning it the nickname "The City of Colleges".

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/13/12 - 07:45 am
haaha...some of their comments

Evidently the posters can write articles for the paper there...interesting folks.....esp ucantbserious

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/13/12 - 07:49 am
hahah

I think Mr English will have his hands full .....smart folks they are...:)