Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

HUGE RAVE TO Rick from the utilities department for not only informing me of a problem with my sewer line but also in the friendly, professional manner in which he took care of the problem. Hooray for Rick!

WHY IS IT THAT elected officials at all levels these days seem to avoid common sense? To have a goal to push failing eighth-graders into ninth is absurd. Kids mature at different times. A kid who’s held back a grade has a better chance of really doing well by repeating a grade.

PEOPLE WHO FUSS at our president for making apologies for something that goes wrong are too primeval to understand world diplomacy or the basic decency of human respect for others.

YAY FOR ‘SAVE THE A.’ I’m so glad there is a way to move forward to make an impact besides seeming to talk to empty air around Dr. Ricardo Azziz and the Board of Regents. Yes, we must save our university from a GRUsome fate. Let GRU rest in peace before Halloween.

ROMNEY BASHED OUR biggest ally in England by wrongfully criticizing their Olympic setup, before Romney’s fancy pony even trotted there. Think what wars he can dump us into, like Bush had done.

FOR THE TRULY nonviolent and nonthieving offenders, if you don’t want to lock them up, please put them to work mowing lawns, tearing down weeds and other stuff around abandoned properties. Let’s get some work out of them.

RANT THAT OUR commissioners are considering adding additional property taxes disguised as a rain tax. I just received my property tax bill, and it is shocking at the amount of property tax.

BLAME YOUR GAS prices on the rich owners of the gas and oil companies and the presidential pal, Bush. Obama is thankfully a president of all of the people where the majority are not the millionaires who hold on to their tax-owed monies.

THE TERRORISTS who were held at Gitmo have proved over and over that they really are terrorists, yet Obama wants to not punish them, but to let them go to kill us again.

THANK GOODNESS FOR Obama! We are now rid of Osama. We have true allies who work with us in Syria so that America did not have to do the main cowboying in foreign wars. We need four more years of Obama.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/11/12 - 08:35 pm
"... Obama is thankfully a president of all of the people

...where the majority are not the millionaires who hold on to their tax-owed monies."

Yeah, yet I can't understand why the oil billionaires aren't flocking to worship The Obamessiah; gas prices have more than DOUBLED since he was sworn in.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/11/12 - 08:40 pm
"... apologies for something that goes wrong..."

Yeah, we're the primeval ones, we don't understand why the US should apologize for muslim murdering ways. We may be provably stupid as our betters repeatedly claim. After all, we, as a country, elected them.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 10/11/12 - 08:59 pm
Speaking of our peaceful muslim brothers

... the Taliban shot a 14 year old girl in the head and murdered another by her side. In a statement, they regretted they didn't kill her the first time and promise to try again. There was a demonstration in Pakistan. You may have missed it as there were only several hundred. The girl's crime? She wants to go to school.

Can't wait for Obama to apologize to the Taliban for the US bringing civilized concepts into their medieval world. Maybe he can use a drone and save them the trouble.

Jake
Jake 10/11/12 - 10:20 pm
Hooray for Rick!

Yes, with his magic scepter that resembles a plunger, the amazing Rick has unclogged yet another sewer line. I hear he also gives marriage and financial counseling and will clean any fish that you may have. Is there anything worse than a backed up toilet, car trouble or being nagged by your loved ones?

Trouble
Trouble 10/11/12 - 10:29 pm
debate

after having watched the vice presidential debate, i have come to the conclusion that being joe bidens friend is not a good thing, he loves to attack his "friends" and laughs while he does it.......friends like that i dont need.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/11/12 - 10:41 pm
Arrogant

The use of Arrogant has been banned by Sean when used to classify a commentator on here.

I will use the word Arrogant to describe the Vice President (who is not a commentator) on the debate tonight for his continuous interruption of Paul Ryan on every subject discussed.

It is definitely the way of all Liberals. Any Fact given to a Liberal will always be a lie.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/11/12 - 11:35 pm
Biden was the poster boy for

Biden was the poster boy for Democrats; arrogant, condescending, and hateful.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/12/12 - 12:33 am
Smirks

Biden's smirks, toothy grins, and head shakes show his arrogance and disdain for his opponents. You cannot come to a gentleman's agreement with someone who is not a gentleman.

Biden is no gentleman.

Young Fred
Young Fred 10/12/12 - 12:56 am
VP debate

If you watched the debate, one thing became clear. Many of the issues discussed in this debate would only be fully understood by informed voters. I don't believe too many informed voters are undecided at this point. I also don't believe too many voters are swayed by VP debates.

So, for the few undecideds that may have been swayed by this debate, it probably came down to debating style, gut reaction to that style, and TV presence.

And here ends the report form the obvious network.

Young Fred
Young Fred 10/12/12 - 01:03 am
Biden's plight

What a shame that Biden's facial peculiarities, and lack of self control is the big story of the night.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 10/12/12 - 02:42 am
Wars dumped by who?

Didn't Clinton spend 8 years of his Presidency during Desert Storm? Seems like I remember enforcing no fly zones and things like that while he was in office. Didn't he send some missiles somewhere and they called it wag the dog? I think a war was dumped on Bush.
I heard obama say high gas prices were good because it made people conserve gas. Can't tell that around here. People drive like gas is free.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 10/12/12 - 02:52 am
GITMO

Next big thing. Closing GITMO. Just sayin.

wayne2410
wayne2410 10/12/12 - 05:35 am
Ryan was the clear winner

Ryan was the clear winner last night. All Biden did was spout some innuendo, vague statements and blind accusations, Ryan put forth clear and concise ideas. Anyone who would vote for Obama/Biden wants this country to fail in the most foolhardy way, but that is exactly what the liberals want for some reason.

corgimom
corgimom 10/12/12 - 06:02 am
We have our own version of

We have our own version of the Taliban in the US, they are called street gangs. They are terrorists too that murder people, they shoot people at random, they torture people too, but Americans are strangely silent about them.
Why is that?

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/12/12 - 06:40 am
Primeval

You dissing me or something calling me primeval? Heh

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/12/12 - 06:44 am
Biden Bizarre Behavior

Wow, that was amazingly bizarre behavior by Biden. If he represents this administration and Democrats, I can see how it would be impossible to deal with them. I believe he turned off the undecided voters in a big way with his childish smirks and laughing. Unreal.

Biden used the word "bizarre" once and if I had been Ryan I would have said, "If there's anything bizarre around here, it's your behavior tonight."

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/12/12 - 06:47 am
People who've had brain surgery such as Biden

People who've had brain surgery such as Biden are often put on medication to prevent seizures, tics and so on. A serious question, is Biden on medication that could have possibly led to the type behavior he displayed last night?

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/12/12 - 07:21 am
People all over America have

People all over America have watched political debates from the county level to the national level. Americans understand what is proper behavior during a debate. They are going to be tremendously turned off by the way Biden behaved. If that had been a debate for a county office the debate would have been stopped due to Biden's antics. Goofy.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/12/12 - 07:43 am
After watching Biden

I felt like I needed a shower...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/12/12 - 07:52 am
Good Morning America ## 26 ##

26 days left and I wonder just how many are still undecided as to the faith of the USA.

After last nights debate of the GOOD and the BAD, there should be nobody that would even consider voting for the King SMNCICBHO Crash And Burn America.

If it has taken you 4 years to make up your mind to stop at a RED Light, I sure am one that doesn't want to be at that intersection!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/12/12 - 08:02 am
Gotta give Deal credit..

In April, the company announced that it planned to open a one-million-square-foot distribution center in Braselton for its e-commerce, retail and wholesale businesses.

Another company in his neck of the woods.....near me too!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/12/12 - 08:05 am
Toothy grin & cowlick last night

The cowlick won...

Good am folks.....i have soo many dings going off now....logged into many programs.....I almost feel like a nerd hahahah

F4therTime
F4therTime 10/12/12 - 08:28 am
Biden...

Reminded me of the old relative at your family reunion. Everyone just tolerates his behavior because they know he can't help himself. What a pathetic excuse for a leader.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/12/12 - 09:00 am
Dang Liz & Reagan & jfk too....

A new tell-all book about the life of the late, legendary actress Elizabeth Taylor makes some shocking new allegations about her love life.

Authors Danforth Prince and Darwin Potter claim in their book, "Elizabeth Taylor: There is Nothing Like a Dame," that the actress had an affair with Ronald Reagan when she was a teenager and had a threesome with President John F. Kennedy and actor Robert Stack.

Taylor passed away in 2011, but the authors say they spent years researching the screen legend's life, and allege then 36-year-old Reagan invited a teenage Taylor to dinner at his home, and she seduced him.

The London Daily Express reports that a close friend of Taylor's reveals what the actress told her of her encounter with the actor, who would later go on to become President:

"Reagan was treating me like a grown woman, and that thrilled me. We sat on his sofa and I could tell he wanted to get it on but he seemed reluctant to make the first move. I became the aggressor.... After a heavy make-out session on the sofa, we went into the bedroom."

The authors also allege that a nude swim in JFK's pool turned into a steamy threesome with the president and Stack, both of whom were married at the time to other women. Taylor was known for her many lovers and marriages, and the book is rife with titillating details about the sexual encounters she was said to have with stars such as Peter Lawford, Errol Flynn, Tony Curtis and Paul Newman.
-----------------------------------------------------------
At least she didn't blab all over the place .......she could have made millions on a book & never did.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/12/12 - 09:10 am
Dings

Sean..
We need a program on here that will tell us when a fav poster posts.....a ding would go off on our avatar....that way we can cover more space & get more posts in everyday....we are now wasting too much time trying to find friends on here....I give up at times...also I would like some cartoons psted on r/rs ...just to liven it up a little....I don't think I'm asking too much ..after all the price is increasing in Dec.....something extra will make it go down smoother....
thanks

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/12/12 - 09:17 am
yes harley

I would want a ding for you...:)

Bizkit
Bizkit 10/12/12 - 09:22 am
Biden did appear to be on

Biden did appear to be on drugs. He laughed inappropriately at the murder of the Ambassador to Libya and the bad economy. What I think will happen is people will finally realize that re-electing Obama could lead to a possibility that this idiot (Biden) could be president if something were to happen to Obama. That should terrify most people because Biden is either a senile ole fool or on drugs. I agree Bizarre behavior. I think 80 interruptions of Ryan was noted-which isn't debating but bullying. Biden tried to bully Ryan and just laugh off any comments. Well I'm sorry that Biden and Obama find America's predicament a laughing matter with all the comic relife of Big Bird (OMG) but most American's aren't laughing because our predicament is no laughing matter. We need serious people for serious issue-I think lately we see a Prez and Vice prez who think they are comedians and our problems just bumps in the road and just hysterically funny. I agree with Ryan too-first tax the wealthy then increase taxes on the Middle Class because Dems only know how to spend and find it impossible to cut-so they will continually increase their tax base. Simple logic.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 10/12/12 - 09:56 am
What price is increasing in

What price is increasing in December, seenit. More money for a subscription to the AC? I might have to check my balance sheet before I buy into that again.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 10/12/12 - 09:33 am
@seenit

I will ask our Digital Product Director about the dings. When you say cartoons, are you wanting the ability to post photos? I don't see how we can do that. Most people don't see the worst of the comments that we remove quickly. If we let people post photos, there is no telling what will get posted to our site. It would mean watching every comment as soon as it is posted.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/12/12 - 09:47 am
Man you are on the ball this am..:)

Maybe there could be a delay in pics going on so you will have time to check them first....I know some may take advantage of it but not your regulars,,,one day you will TRUST us...lol

pal..the online reading will go in price to about $16 a month....i still think it is worth it...

gotta get busy here.....this place won't clean itself...

Georgia to monitor potential Ebola travelers

Georgia is one of six states that will soon begin active monitoring of all travelers from three Ebola-stricken countries in West Africa for the 21 days during which they could develop an infection ...