Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RAVE FOR MARCUS TAYLOR for stepping in and helping the lady who was kidnapped with her baby and doing the right thing by holding the accused while the police were on their way. Kudos to him for not being afraid to step up. God bless you.

I AGREE ABOUT THE roads in downtown Augus­ta. At least once a year I have to get an alignment. These roads are way overdue. Broad Street is the worst. Where is our money going?

ELLIOTT BOULEVARD in south Augusta used to be a very nice, quiet street and we enjoyed it, but it is not that way anymore. Crime and noise at all hours of the night have made it intolerable. But I remember when it was a nice quiet street to live on. Sad.

COME ON, CSRA, show that you love your country and fly your colors. Fly your flag and show our soldiers that you care for what they have done for us. We love America. Fly your flag.

I AM SICK AND TIRED of hearing about what all the people in Hyde Park deserve to have. They deserve to have what they get out and work for and are able to provide for themselves and their families. I’m sick of all this free giveaway stuff.

OBAMA HAS KEPT interest rates so low, at one half of one percentage point, that retirees have no income from their savings while inflation has almost doubled the price on everything you buy. He should not get a single vote from retirees.

I WANT TO THANK the group that is trying to keep Augusta in the new university name. I wish them good luck.

RAVE FOR THE Just Give Me Jesus revival team. Thank you so much for bringing that revival to Au­gusta, and God bless each and every one of you.

Angie H
Angie H 10/10/12 - 12:41 pm
Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 10/10/12 - 12:46 pm
KSM & RM ... No ma'am :)

No!!! I am not married to Riverman ... I'd be in the NATIONAL news if that were the case ... :p

*Please insert whatever reason you think that I would make the national news if married to RM below*

This should make an interesting discussion

Angie H
Angie H 10/10/12 - 01:07 pm
I see one of his worshipers

I see one of his worshipers is hitting the thumbs down for pointing out a fact again. They really hate those pesky facts.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/10/12 - 01:09 pm
#1 Reason.....

KSM would have name mentioned more often on Austin's show & RM would be jealous...:)

rebellious
20630
rebellious 10/10/12 - 01:39 pm
KSM make the news

It doesn't matter who you are married to. You, my friend, have become a Public Figger. Poparazzi hiding in the bushes, using strong zoom lenses to catch you and SM on the beach, you know the routine. Cover of The Inquirer and the other check out stand rags. Discussed on The View where Hassleback will defend you while Whoopi and BawBwa WaaWaa castigate you.

Just don't let Henri Paul drive for you!

Trouble
Trouble 10/10/12 - 01:46 pm
reasons ksm would make the national news if married to rm...

this is a trick, you are trying to get me banned arent you????????

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/10/12 - 02:08 pm
KSM's dad had the best advice

KSM's dad had the best advice when Shane asked him if he could marry her. Her dad said, "WWWWWhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaatttttt? You want to marry Karen? God help you."

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/10/12 - 02:10 pm
More "civility" from Obama's worshipers.

Just WOW!!!!!! Google "bird feeder" and watch the youtube version if you don't mind salty language. It is a perfect analogy for what we are seeing now.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/10/12 - 03:30 pm
Question for River

Hey, other than medium fly balls being auto outs now, what do you think is dumber, a team that wins 94 games being eliminated in a one game playoff or a team that wins 98 games having to open the playoffs on the road?

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/10/12 - 04:27 pm
JTF...hahaha

For sure, that one game thing doesn't quite get it. I'd have trashed the field even without the bad call.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/10/12 - 04:41 pm
yeah

Disappointing end. With the Ryder Cup, Braves, and Dawgs all considered, been a bad month for yours truly!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/10/12 - 04:49 pm
We just have to get behind

We just have to get behind Carolina. Great story if they can pull it off. Remember how Spurrier was actually talking like they could go all the way this summer and everyone kind of smiled? The Clemson game is going to be big as the UGA game and will be played at Death Valley.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/10/12 - 04:55 pm
Can't do that

I have to hope the cocks lose to LSU and UF and UGA wins out. If they beat LSU, I might pull for them on out. Not yet though.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/10/12 - 05:21 pm
After the last sheriff's

After the last sheriff's election, KSM going into The Country Club where the incident happened would be like Steve Spurrier partying at the Blind Pig Tavern in Athens.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 10/10/12 - 06:02 pm
Steve is more entertaining

Steve is more entertaining than the game itself. Those headphones have surely crimped his ability to pitch that visor in quick response.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/10/12 - 06:19 pm
WJBF just did a few lines on

WJBF just did a few lines on the Vowell-McDaniel story and they got it WRONG. I asked this last night, but does anyone remember why Vowell was let go from the RCSO?

Does Vowell have a job since Columbia Cty fired him?

Has anyone claimed McDaniel hit Vowell in the head with a beer bottle...including him?

If someone shoves a known officer of the law for no reason is it a felony?

harley_52
harley_52 10/10/12 - 06:20 pm
JTF....

Regarding the Ryder Cup...

You may have already seen this, but I found it interesting.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 10/10/12 - 07:11 pm
It certainly wasn't Love's

It certainly wasn't Love's fault. Too much dead "Woods".

harley_52
harley_52 10/10/12 - 07:58 pm
Riverman...

Wasn't Vowell the one that entered a woman's house without permission claiming she wasn't answering the door?

I think so. I think I remember discussing how fortunate he was that he didn't get shot.

I don't know where, exactly, KSM is alleged to have hit him. I think I heard she hit him in the back with a beer bottle as he was walking away from the confrontation. I never heard anything about him getting hit in the head.

When I first heard this story I thought all this happened at the Augusta Country Club, obviously misunderstanding what Austin Rhodes said. I was a little taken aback by the mental picture of this scene playing out there, but not at the "country club" which makes a lot more sense.

harley_52
harley_52 10/10/12 - 08:00 pm
Willow...

The big guns let Davis Love down and lost the Ryder Cup for him. Since a couple of them were Captain's Picks, he has to accept that "blame," if blame is the appropriate word. Some of our guys choked on Sunday and the Europeans deserve full credit for their comeback. The Ryder Cup is THE most interesting sports event, in my honest opinion, even if we don't win.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 10/10/12 - 08:30 pm
Harley, it was a beautiful

Harley, it was a beautiful thing and I enjoyed every minute of it. I didn't know that Love got to pick his team. I thought the players qualified for the positions. I'm learning everyday. One of my favourite parts of golf is the beauty of the course and Medinah is quite special. Even though the USA blew it in the end, it was a great tournament And one more win for Seve Ballesteros is not too hard to swallow.

harley_52
harley_52 10/10/12 - 08:54 pm
Willow...

Most of the players DO qualify, but the captain gets to pick some who don't otherwise qualify. The number of captain's picks changes from time to time, but this year it was four. He picked Jim Furyk, Steve Stricker, Dustin Johnson and Brandt Snedeker. Furyk and Stricker let hm down bigtime.

Commissioners seek attorney general's opinion on SPLOST

Two Augusta commissioners are seeking an opinion from Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens on the city's disbursement of sales tax proceeds to non-profits.