Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHEN I WAS GROWING up, truancy was never an issue since it would not be tolerated by either the parents or the school authorities. Since it’s a big issue right now, it’s time for the parents to stand up and take on the responsibility to stamp out the problem.

I HAVE SEEN RICHMOND County police officers twice driving while using the laptops in their patrol cars. Both times, the officers were not maintaining their lane. Officers using their laptops is just as bad as, if not worse than, texting while driving.

SEPT. 21, I WAS dog walking a German shepherd on Pleasant Home Road when I tripped and fell on the sidewalk, sustaining injuries. A good Samaritan, Brandon, who was across the road, witnessed my fall and called 911. While I was awaiting the ambulance, an off-duty EMT was driving down the road and spotted us. She stopped her vehicle, came to my aid and waited with me until Gold Cross EMS arrived. Regretfully, I did not get her name, and trying to obtain her identity has been an exercise in futility. I want to publicly let these two caring, concerned people know how very much I appreciated their assistance during this stressful event.

RANT FOR ALL YOU Richmond County politicians. When are you going to stop living in the Dark Ages? Look around you. Everywhere else is building new business, new homes. What does Rich­mond County have? Nothing. Because you guys are too busy fighting a race war. Why don’t you learn to come together? Get in the modern world.

RAVE TO ALL THE nurses and doctors who have been taking care of my husband at Doctors Hospital and MCG.

RANT ABOUT THE school bus situation. Last year it was a problem in Georgia; this year it is North Augusta. These buses are every day 45 minutes to an hour late and they are so decrepit and old that they can’t even hire drivers because they are afraid to drive those things.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 10/08/12 - 08:07 pm
"OBAMA’S “WEALTH has gone from about $1.2 million

to more than $7 million..."

It sure isn't as a lawyer.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 10/08/12 - 08:10 pm
"...truancy was never an issue

... it’s time for the parents to stand up and take on the responsibility..."

Not sure how that would work; the parents in the worst cases could not be convicted of being one based on any evidence. For the most egregious cases, the government IS the parent.

nk4091
nk4091 10/08/12 - 08:33 pm
RANT FOR OBAMA

Seven times the Libyan embassy asked for additional security because of the deteriorating situation there. Seven times they were denied by the Obama team of fools with the resulting destruction of our embassy, and the deaths of four Americans, one of them our ambassador to Libya. And after it all happens, Obama ignores it and chooses to yuck it up with Letterman and send out a lackey to deny it was a terrorist attack so he wouldn't have to deal with it. Disgusting! This man is a dangerous incompetent on so many levels.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/08/12 - 09:55 pm
"TOBACCO ROAD has it going

"TOBACCO ROAD has it going on. They have a new Waffle House, Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Food Lion, Bi-Lo and Sprint. You name it, they’ve got it."

Gonna have to buy me a house out on Tobacco Rd. Smile.

countyman
19178
countyman 10/09/12 - 12:28 am
Rant #5.. $172 million

Rant #5.. $172 million Starbucks plant? Developer purchasing the old Regal Village theater in the Augusta West Plaza? $115 million Rockwood Plant? Walmart neighborhood Market? Renovation of the former Fort Discovery(Discovery Plaza)? Walmart at 3336 Wrightsboro rd? Fairways at Goshen? Spring Creek Village? Elderberry? Reserves at Stevens Creek?. I think most people agree the politicians can do much better, but Richmond County has plenty of new homes/businesses under construction... The 200 acre Haynes Station, Willhaven, and Mccoys Creek neighborhoods in Southwest Augusta are helping transform the Gordon Hwy area between Jimmie Dyess & Grovetown.. The commercial growth includes 1 acre beside the Mccoys Creek neighborhood, new 13 acre shopping center at 3001 Gordon Hwy, & the Circle K at 3003 Gordon Hwy. Forty new condos were completed earlier this year at the Whites building in the CBD... Expect to see new things at the Village at Riverwatch real soon... You can ride around the Augusta Exchange now, and view the Home2 Suites by Hilton, retail center(Dunkin Donuts, Which Which, etc) construction... The area will include the Residence Inn by Marriott at 110 Marks Church rd ground breaking, new development behind Buffalo Wild Wings, and the Savannah River Banking subdivision(commercial lots next to Home2 Suites) in the new few weeks/months.

I don't know how anybody can spin the Sprint Food & Metro Market(
Open air seating, 1st floor urban market: restaurant/convenience store, and 2nd floor Sprint Food corporate offices and space for other tenants) underway in the CBD, the Cook Out(new restaurant) coming to Harrisburg(1801 Walton Way), or Five Guys(2113 Windsor Spring rd) opening at the Colony Plaza in South Augusta.

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/09/12 - 12:25 am
Presidents Wealth

"OBAMA’S “WEALTH has gone from about $1.2 million to more than $7 million during his tenure as president.” How does somebody’s net worth jump so much when he’s not working at making his net worth jump?"

Now here is a poster that knows little or nothing about the stock market or compound interest, not to mention royalties paid on books and articles written before he was elected by American Patriots.

By the way, this begs the question, just how has this "Socialist" President allowed the stock market to more than double on his watch?

By the way, Sean says I can't call posts like this ignorant. Anybody out there got a better and more polite term?

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/09/12 - 12:27 am
"TOBACCO ROAD has it going

Any cardiology clinics or health and fitness centers?

countyman
19178
countyman 10/09/12 - 12:45 am
The YMCA is located near the

The YMCA is located near the intersection of Tobacco rd/Peach Orchard... South Augusta would be much better off if three simple things were accomplished.. The regional sports complex replaces the Regency Mall to go along with the $3.5 million lake.. The long rumored Target shopping center finally opens near the major traffic/infrastructure at Peach Orchard/Windsor Spring(Target shopping center.. A large mixed-use development/town center (retail/small to medium size employers/housing) opens south of Willis Foreman rd closer to the higher incomes of South Augusta/Hephzibah city limits.. The land surrounding the Peach Orchard/Willis Foreman intersection, and Mike Padgett between Tobacco/Brown are two great locations..

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/09/12 - 01:05 am
RM, you beat me to it on the

RM, you beat me to it on the "smile" about Tobacco Road. I suppose I can relate to the poster since there was a time in my life where a mobile home with AC was a step up.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/09/12 - 01:12 am
#1

It is the same mindset of parents that are raising all of the "feral" youth today. They don't give a "D" until their baby kills somebody or gets killed; then its crocodile tears about everything except their own responsibility for bearing and raising a thug/criminal/fatherless child.

WAKE UP people!!

fatboyhog
fatboyhog 10/09/12 - 06:54 am
Responsibility

Ooooh, I'm telling!!! Someone dropped the "R" bomb! How dare they! I have to go wash my ears out with soap!

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 10/09/12 - 06:55 am
Shut that mouth

Yall better stop talking about my kin out there on Tobacco Rd...some of those roads were named for them......they can read this yaknow...heh

Good am biguns--littleuns--mean uns & goodins!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/09/12 - 07:21 am
Good Morning America ((29))

B4

Good am biguns--littleuns--mean uns & goodins!!

What category do I fit in?

Angie H
Angie H 10/09/12 - 07:44 am
RA....Sean also says I can't

RA....Sean also says I can't call people liars even when they tell lies, like accusing me of calling them moochers.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 10/09/12 - 07:48 am
You know where you fit.......funnyman..

You are a big ole goodin cgee......

My youngun told me to cool it......that I was just a little too active on this puter....heehaw!!

Trouble
Trouble 10/09/12 - 07:49 am
angie

the ac is overly pc, you can tell them that they have made a "slight factual error"........that should not hurt their feelings too much......

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 10/09/12 - 07:56 am
trouble

Folks hurt my feelings all the time.....water on a ducks back.....I pay for this itsy bitsy spot & by golly I'm using the dang theeeng....we all can't agree on everything & don't even want to with some on here.....or agree with all the articles either......
Soooo......like it or not.......this mickey mouse will put her thoughts on here.......one guy holds the power to erase me....we all know him...SM!...:)

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 10/09/12 - 07:59 am
hahah

I found out where some of our missing persons went....hahah.......they ain't dead.....

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 10/09/12 - 08:10 am
I need to know the truth B4 I repeat this

I get mail saying that all surgery for anyone over 70 will have to be approved by the obama care agency ...that NO surgery for oldies til approved....since my hands are slapped on here for repeating stuff....will someone tell me what is the truth on this.....
Will a medical doctor have to WAIT for approval???

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 10/09/12 - 08:21 am
Been erased more than once!

Yep....they have erased me..trashed me...berated me....dumped me in to lala land...BUT always with tender loving care while doing it.....sean has a way to soothe me while he is causing my crash....he has a smooth hand & a slow hand....a soft whip....& other stuff too but I won't go in to all of that..HA
Read 50 shades...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/09/12 - 08:23 am
RA

If that's the case, Then I am sure as all hell proved I don't lack passion and/or conviction.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 10/09/12 - 08:27 am
dichotomy
dichotomy 10/09/12 - 08:33 am
"TOBACCO ROAD has it going

"TOBACCO ROAD has it going on"

Just think how much better thinks will be in South Augusta when we start paying the Stormwater TAX, TSPLOST TAX, Higher GARBAGE FEE TAX, and once the election is over they can raise our PROPERTY TAX and SCHOOL TAX.

Just how long will those new junk food places stay open now that our illustrious leaders have taken ANOTHER FEW HUNDRED bucks out of our disposable income?.........and given us NOTHING FOR IT.

SOUTH RICHMOND COUNTY......what are YOU going to get for your STORMWATER TAX?.......ANOTHER UGLY, UNMAINTAINED DITCH IN FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE? I've already got one of those.....NO THANKS.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 10/09/12 - 08:44 am
Angie, how about truthslayer

Angie, how about "truthslayer"? I had some others, but you'd better not consider them.

concernmom
concernmom 10/09/12 - 08:51 am
Augusta Daily Deal for 10/9/12

In regards to the Daily Deal you sent me today for DARK ENERGY INK TATTOOS with an attractive woman covered with tattoos from her shoulder to her hands! Really?
Yeah, let's encourage young women to put permanent markings all over their body so they can REALLY have a hard time getting a great job or career that pays good money. It's hard enough already in Augusta, GA. Put the tattoos on places where you can cover them up. But all over your arms? Gross, especially when you start aging and the skin turns to crepe paper. What a bad idea, August Daily Deal.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/09/12 - 09:04 am
ConcernedMom, let's take it a

ConcernedMom, let's take it a step further and rent the TEE Center for a tattoo festival to make it even more attractive. But I got a tattoo once at Folly Beach. Washed it off the next day.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 10/09/12 - 09:09 am
Tattoo

I got one on my boobs one time......my daughters freaked out......said I wasn't thinking clearly....something close to senile.....said I needed to act like an adult........hahaha
It was a paste on theeng,,,they were sooo relieved...why would I get something I can't wash off with ajax...

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 10/09/12 - 09:17 am
Does anyone know whatever

Does anyone know whatever happened w/the Smartway? Did it fall down or did someone take it over?

Trouble
Trouble 10/09/12 - 09:25 am
angie

false accusation= accidental misinterpretation

bubbasauce
20573
bubbasauce 10/09/12 - 09:34 am
Amen dichotomy. I got a ditch

Amen dichotomy. I got a ditch too. Has anyone ever noticed all the Richmond Co. Utilities vehicles riding around town all the time doing absolutely nothing but burning gas. If you don't believe me follow one if you get time.