Rants & Raves

THIS IS A RANT to all the parents who give their kids cruel, strange names. There are numerous examples of names given by cruel parents. How in the world does a kid grow up to be normal, saddled with a terrible name?

I CAN’T BELIEVE a S.C. sheriff is so foolish as to raise funds by letting someone Taser him based on the amount! Does he have a full physical that can confirm that he can withstand Taser blasts of extended length if people are dumb enough to donate the higher amounts?

OBAMA HAS BEEN a total failure as a leader in the office of the presidency, foreign policy, economy, jobs, reducing deficit and whatever else. Yet with all these negatives, Obama is still ahead of Mitt Romney in the polls. How is this possible?

WHAT WAS THE recent “act” at the James Brown Arena that had a near capacity crowd in attendance? Was it the latest musical group? No. Some popular rap singer? No. Proud to say it was the Just Give Me Jesus revival led by Anne Graham Lotz, who is the daughter of evangelist Billy Graham. An event like this brings a positive effect and a closeness to God. So many are desperate for this in their lives and especially with the negative conditions of this world.

IS THERE AN address where we can donate to Regent University in Virginia to help them in their suit against Emperor Z and the Georgia Board of Regents?

HOW ANYBODY CAN think Obama is taking this country to greatness is way beyond me!

IF OBAMA CAN take credit for taking out Osama why won’t he take responsibility for the murder of our ambassador and the other people savagely murdered in Libya?

I WONDER HOW many people in this small community would like to know their preacher is nothing but a hypocrite. He is a liar and he cusses and his wife is a drunk.

LET’S SEE NOW, Azziz, whom the Regents brought in to do their dirty work, has absolutely failed. Morale at both institutions is at an all-time low. It ain’t working, folks, and it never will.

TODAY’S REPUBLICAN PARTY is the party of the rich. Since there aren’t enough “rich votes” to win elections, the party focuses on the social issues to capture the votes needed to win. Such votes are based on fear and ignorance, not principles that relate to the common good.

CobaltGeorge 10/06/12 - 09:19 pm
@3 OH NO, Not Again.

This has been hashed out with maybe a million words over the past year or so on this AC Blog.

There are many, maybe even a majority that see Black only, believe that there are 57 states, Paul Ryan is black and the one running against King SMNCICBHO is John McCain.

Nothing new can be added to that Rant.

CobaltGeorge 10/06/12 - 09:23 pm
@1

Have we gotten to the point in this country to worry about what some parents are naming their children.

The American Indians sure were a sorry bunch of parents.

CobaltGeorge 10/06/12 - 09:25 pm
@4

Proves one thing, There are still some true Americans still alive.

CobaltGeorge 10/06/12 - 09:36 pm
@6

You haven't seen greatness untill the new free Gas Card attached to EBT card comes out......That will differently be considered "Greatness".

CobaltGeorge 10/06/12 - 09:31 pm
@7

He already has, It was nothing but a "Bump In The Road".

CobaltGeorge 10/06/12 - 09:31 pm
@8

Sounds like Rev. Wright!

CobaltGeorge 10/06/12 - 09:34 pm
@10

"Such votes are based on fear and ignorance, not principles that relate to the common good.

Could you expand a little bit more on that statement before I make a comment?

harley_52
harley_52 10/06/12 - 10:07 pm
When I Was A Kid...

...I went to school with a boy whose last name was "Gutt."

His first name was "Harry."

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/06/12 - 10:39 pm
@ Rant # 3

Don't fret about the polls. Romney is surging and Obama is sinking. The polls are run by the Obamamedia.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 10/07/12 - 12:19 am
For some stupid reason people

For some stupid reason people seem to think KSM is my husband! You could not be further from the truth if you tried. KSM is Karen Slater McDaniel & no one else. The opinions expressed are my own ... deal with it, confront me or what the hell ever. My husband is not my speaker & I am NOT his mouthpiece.

KSL
119110
KSL 10/07/12 - 03:28 am
Actually the naming of kids

Actually the naming of kids does have something to do with their ability to be hired. That is not a serious problem down the line. They can always get their name changed.

CobaltGeorge 10/07/12 - 07:28 am
Good Morning America "31"

Not bad George....19 TSDs in 7 post.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/07/12 - 07:53 am
What is in a name....

My GOB hubby was sitting at a table at a small town reunion...guess what...4 out of 5 guys had the same 1st name...veeery small town...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/07/12 - 07:53 am
YEP

They were all Good Ole Boys....hahaha

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/07/12 - 07:57 am
Crawfordville Ga

That small town was Crawfordville.....amazing history there.....very important men in that area...here is one of them..

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/07/12 - 08:07 am
For some reason that name theeeng reminds me of this

Gotta looove the country names....:):)

Good am folks .....did we lose last night...nnnnaaaahhh

CobaltGeorge 10/07/12 - 08:24 am
I Guess

a name has an impact when you die!

•Abbie Normal
•Diane Rott
•Dr. Izzy Gone
•Fester N. Rott
•Hammond Eggs
•I. Emma Ghost
•I. Emma Spook
•Jaws (a big bite out of this stone)
•Jess Gough
•Justin Pieces
•Justin Tyme
•Kerry M. Off
•Lea Ning (with a tilted tombstone)
•Lefty B. Hynde
•M. T. Tomb
•M.T. Box
•Manny Bones
•Mark A. Place
•Mummy B. Ware
•Orson Buggy
•Otta B. Alive
•R. U. Next
•R.I.P. Van Winkle
•Reid N. Weep
•Sue D'Bum
•Ted N. Buried
•Tom Thumb (very small stone)
•U. R. Gone
•Wil B. Back
•Willy Rott
•Yetta Nother
•Yul B. Next

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/07/12 - 08:33 am
hahah

Mr I P Rainwater said he liked the names....:)

CobaltGeorge 10/07/12 - 09:13 am
Speaking Of Names (Correction)

How many on here or anybody else can say this...."Any person with my last name is my relative."

There was only one of my name that came to Canada in 1601 and had 14 children....."Paul Benoit dit Livernois"

(Was thinking of his brother that didn't come to Canada)

daphne3520
daphne3520 10/07/12 - 08:39 am
Third from last Rant.....

Why so VAGUE??????

CobaltGeorge 10/07/12 - 08:44 am
I Can See It Now

J SEENITB4

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/07/12 - 08:45 am
....."Anthone Benoit dit Livernois"

What a beautiful name....kinda rolls off the tongue......

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/07/12 - 08:47 am
Nope

I have not seen that B4....ever ever....

But 14 kids can put a lot of kin on this green earth......heehaw.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/07/12 - 08:50 am
Serious today...

I just can't be serious today...I might just have to stir up trouble maybe ....some place...nearby....ya know whatta mean jellybean.....Dang I wish ac would loosen up mycollar.....I could get BBBAADDD...:)

CobaltGeorge 10/07/12 - 08:52 am
My Genealogy Site

has 3748 names and I still have 2352 to upgrade.

I only work on it when the temperature drops below 40.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/07/12 - 09:10 am
CGee

Do ya ever feel like it is just me & you.......no one else around these parts........maybe they have gone some place & didn't tell us......maybe they don't want us around.....what if......they did....

HAAA....i just can't post on Obama---The Race....who is first....azzziz....just can't do it today....sooo I'm passing on .....talk toya later...:)

CobaltGeorge 10/07/12 - 09:15 am
Yea

Even RM has abandoned us....Gee

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/07/12 - 09:22 am
Ranter #10....'TODAY’S

Ranter #10....'TODAY’S REPUBLICAN PARTY is the party of the rich"

I am not rich. I am not religious. I am voting Republican.

Look at the debt. Look at the (real) unemployment rate. Look at the price of gas. Look at the price of groceries. Look at the middle east unraveling, our embassies burning, and the Obama coverup of why our ambassador and 3 others died.

Obama's policies have been a disaster and his only plan is to give us more of the same. Nothing he has done has worked and most of what he has done has made things worse. The final straw was the totally stupid decision on the Canandian pipleline. I knew he was an idiot left wing liberal on taxes and spending but the Canadian pipeline decision put him squarely in the total lack of common sense nutcase ideologue category.

CobaltGeorge 10/07/12 - 09:27 am
dichotomy

That there is some damn good "is" Common Sense Post.

May you receive many up points.

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/07/12 - 09:52 am
For the ranter that posted "I

For the ranter that posted "I WONDER HOW many people in this small community would like to know their preacher is nothing but a hypocrite. He is a liar and he cusses and his wife is a drunk"

Sounds like this family needs prayer instead of condemnation....Which sin is worse, lying, drinking or gossiping???? All the same in the eyes of the Lord......need some help with the plank in your eye.