Rants & Raves

THIS IS A RANT to all the parents who give their kids cruel, strange names. There are numerous examples of names given by cruel parents. How in the world does a kid grow up to be normal, saddled with a terrible name?

I CAN’T BELIEVE a S.C. sheriff is so foolish as to raise funds by letting someone Taser him based on the amount! Does he have a full physical that can confirm that he can withstand Taser blasts of extended length if people are dumb enough to donate the higher amounts?

OBAMA HAS BEEN a total failure as a leader in the office of the presidency, foreign policy, economy, jobs, reducing deficit and whatever else. Yet with all these negatives, Obama is still ahead of Mitt Romney in the polls. How is this possible?

WHAT WAS THE recent “act” at the James Brown Arena that had a near capacity crowd in attendance? Was it the latest musical group? No. Some popular rap singer? No. Proud to say it was the Just Give Me Jesus revival led by Anne Graham Lotz, who is the daughter of evangelist Billy Graham. An event like this brings a positive effect and a closeness to God. So many are desperate for this in their lives and especially with the negative conditions of this world.

IS THERE AN address where we can donate to Regent University in Virginia to help them in their suit against Emperor Z and the Georgia Board of Regents?

HOW ANYBODY CAN think Obama is taking this country to greatness is way beyond me!

IF OBAMA CAN take credit for taking out Osama why won’t he take responsibility for the murder of our ambassador and the other people savagely murdered in Libya?

I WONDER HOW many people in this small community would like to know their preacher is nothing but a hypocrite. He is a liar and he cusses and his wife is a drunk.

LET’S SEE NOW, Azziz, whom the Regents brought in to do their dirty work, has absolutely failed. Morale at both institutions is at an all-time low. It ain’t working, folks, and it never will.

TODAY’S REPUBLICAN PARTY is the party of the rich. Since there aren’t enough “rich votes” to win elections, the party focuses on the social issues to capture the votes needed to win. Such votes are based on fear and ignorance, not principles that relate to the common good.

happychimer
happychimer 10/07/12 - 10:03 am
If you hear a preacher

If you hear a preacher cussing and see his wife drinking and drunk,then it is called knowing the truth and not gossip.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/07/12 - 10:12 am
CGee, I'd never abandon youz

CGee, I'd never abandon youz guyz.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/07/12 - 10:16 am
I thought being tasered was a

I thought being tasered was a requirement for the training program? Maybe that sheriff hasn't been tazed yet or something and is using this to meet that requirement?

Willow Bailey
20601
Willow Bailey 10/07/12 - 10:37 am
Good Mornimg happychimer

Truth is good, but truth in love is the utmost. I think that's what ICL is trying to articulate. When we act as humans we want to do one or the other, when we act in the spirit, we apply both as Jesus modelled for us on earth.

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 10/07/12 - 10:43 am
Evolution = $$$$ to me

Not listed here, but in todays paper was the following rant:

EVOLUTION IS CRAP, just like global warming. Global warming is just another theory designed to reduce peoples faith in God.
[Posted by myfather15 at 7:23 p.m. Saturday]

Sounds to me like myfather15 has some supreme confidence in his statement. But I have more confidence in my statement - and my statement is the following:

I'll put up $5,000 saying that evolution is true, factual, and NOT crap. The ball's in your court Mr. myfather15. As Hulk Hogan would say: "What cha' gonna' do brother, what cha' gonna' do?"

happychimer
happychimer 10/07/12 - 10:58 am
There are many wolves in

There are many wolves in sheep's clothing, and it is best to stay away from them. Just because someone is a preacher does not mean he is a man of God.

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/07/12 - 11:12 am
happychimer, you are correct.

happychimer, you are correct. People are not always what they seem and sometimes truth is an ugly fact, but just because something is a fact or is true does not mean it should be spoken with hate in our heart for the purpose of hurting someone. If this rant truely was concerned about this pastor and his wife, they would not be condemning or degrading them through public posting. What good has this rant done other than relieve a little hate someone has stored up inside of them. We don't know who this pastor is, what he has so called lied about, and is his wife really a drunk or is this just a preception. Could it be the wife is on some medication and "appears" to be intoxicated? It does happen you know.

If this ranter is really concerned then they need to go to the head of the deacon in this church, or a Sunday School administrator and discuss it.....not on a public blog in a newspaper. If they receive no help from the administration then their best recourse is to get on their knees and pray for this family. God will take care of it, in his time.

allhans
allhans 10/07/12 - 11:16 am
The cartoon.."pearls before

The cartoon.."pearls before Swine" had a strip just a few days ago wondering at the "creativity" of parents naming their children. Like 'bet you can't top this'.

Jane18
Jane18 10/07/12 - 12:01 pm
R&R #8 and The Many Members(of a body and of a church)

I'm sorry ICL, sometime GOD expects us to take care of some of our earthly problems. That's why(and this Not a Literal instruction), "if thy eye offendeth thee, pluck it out" was instructed to us. If, and I do say If, this "preacher" is not doing the duties of a real pastor, as the head of the church..get rid of him. We are all "members" of a church(as the many members of a human body), and we all have a duty to make it what it is supposed to be. The people of this church need to take it to their Board, and go from there. And yes, continue to pray about the situation and the people involved, but, do not expect GOD to do something HE has instructed us to take care of..........................

Willow Bailey
20601
Willow Bailey 10/07/12 - 12:28 pm
I agree with parts of what

I agree with parts of what all of you are saying. Happy has it right on using our discernment so that we are not fooled. ICL is right about the inappropriateness of the comment, their motivation and that God will deal with this matter. And like Jane points out, sprititual matureness and taking
responsibility is important in church leadership.

One thing is for certain though, if we get it wrong, God always gives us another opportunity to learn differently. At least that has been my experience .

The ranter does seem more intent on causing someone fear and embarrassment rather than bringing spiritual awareness, help and reconciliation to God, family and church. Perhaps prayers are in order for all the parties, including the author of the comment.

KSL
KSL 10/07/12 - 12:41 pm
Rant #6 Good question! The

Rant #6
Good question! The libs
were quick to blame Bush's team for ignoring warnings of 9/11.

Apparently they do not want to play by the same rules when it's their guy on the receiving end.

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/07/12 - 12:35 pm
Jane, aren't we blessed to

Jane, aren't we blessed to know that when we don't live up to God's expectations that He works with us, guides us along, forgives us when we screw up and then gently but firmly leads us back to the correct path. I'm sorry but I don't see anywhere in His teachings that He "gets rid" of those who don't measure up. (Thank you Jesus!) I'm confused as to how you interpreted my response as not taking care of our earthly business? I believe I stated "If this ranter is really concerned then they need to go to the head of the deacon in this church, or a Sunday School administrator and discuss it.....not on a public blog in a newspaper" Is that not taking care of business?

I do believe He teaches us to first take our concerns before the one who has offended us, if we do not succeed in showing the offender where he has sinned, then we take our concerns before them again with two witnesses, if that is unsuccessful, then we go before the church (in this case it would be the deacons and lay leaders who assist with the operation of the physical church). I believe scripture says:

“If another member of the church sins against you, go and point out the fault when the two of you are alone. If the member listens to you, you have regained that one. But if you are not listened to, take one or two others along with you, so that every word may be confirmed by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If the member refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if the offender refuses to listen even to the church, let such a one be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.” (Matthew 18:15-17, NRSV)

Until all possible avenues to restore this brother or sister in Christ is attempted, I don't think Jesus would advocate "getting rid" of his child.

KSL
KSL 10/07/12 - 12:46 pm
It's pretty classless to

It's pretty classless to bring your complaint about your minister to the R & R forum. Take it up with with fellow church members and move to get him replaced, if what you say is really true.

Willow Bailey
20601
Willow Bailey 10/07/12 - 12:52 pm
I agree with everything you

I agree with everything you said ICL. I do want to go another step and say the person who is in leadership over others must step down until their issues are resolved. That doesn't mean they can't serve later or serve in another capacity. It's very important to note that God used the flawed in ministry, but they saw their sin and sought repentance.

rebellious
20897
rebellious 10/07/12 - 12:56 pm
A Preacher's Story

The Preacher just needed to run into the grocery store for one item, but all of the close parking spots were filled. He whipped his car in front of a liquor store next to the grocery, jumped out and entered the grocery store. A church member spotted his car parked in front of the liquor store and immediately phoned another member to report what was spotted.
Well by Sunday morning, the rumor was in full circulation. A deacon ferreted out the source and the lady church member who started the whole story. He went to the pastor and explained all the scuttle. The pastor made no fuss, but asked the deacon to pick him up from an address later that evening. The preacher parked his car in front of the gossiping church member's house all night, returning to pick it up in the morning.

The sermon the next Sunday was entitled Things Aren't Always The Way They Seem"

rebellious
20897
rebellious 10/07/12 - 12:58 pm
He Wrote In The Sand

Then said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/07/12 - 01:23 pm
I agree Willow but as

I agree Willow but as rebellious so eloquently made a point, things are not always what they seem and I believe this is why we go to the person first to discuss the issue. If the offender is truely in sin, then I agree that person needs to step down. In some cases, the offender who may be innocent needs to step down so they do not become a stumbling block from the unbelievers who may be observing.

Instead of posting such hateful comments (whether true or not) the ranter would have been more Christlike if they had went to the pastor and his wife, either to help a brother and sister in Christ out, or to discover that what they thought was true, was a lie. Then the need to gossip would not have been the ranter's stronghold.

happychimer
happychimer 10/07/12 - 01:53 pm
I refuse to take up for

I refuse to take up for anyone who overindulges in alcohol and claims to set a good example to others. I don't trust very well. I have known several who abused their title, and were not men of God. they claimed to be, but were not.

KSL
KSL 10/07/12 - 02:42 pm
But we don't know if what the

But we don't know if what the ranter is saying is true.

Willow Bailey
20601
Willow Bailey 10/07/12 - 04:38 pm
I'm not disagreeing with

I'm not disagreeing with anything you have said, ICL just adding another realm regarding restoration. Should have prefaced with,... If true, so it would have been clearer to all.

This rant and subsequent comments has the makings of some awesome pulpit dialogue.

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/07/12 - 06:49 pm
I apologize Willow, didn't

I apologize Willow, didn't mean to imply I thought you were disagreeing, just adding my thoughts to the fray. I agree with your last statement....good fodder for the fold.

rebellious
20897
rebellious 10/07/12 - 10:50 pm
Wow

Two posts and no TSD yet. Today! Stick a fork in me, cause I must be done.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/08/12 - 12:47 am
"How many on here or anybody

"How many on here or anybody else can say this...."Any person with my last name is my relative." ?

As far as I know, I can. A pretty extensive piece of research on the last name indicates only one man of our last name went from Denmark to England, then his two sons emigrated here in the 1600's. There are variations in the spellings, but according to the researcher, they are all from the same tree.