Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

GAS PRICES ARE going up, again. Did Obama forget to apologize to someone?

I HEARD ON THE RADIO that Augusta ranks sixth in people being obese. I think that is atrocious. There are things people can do if their health permits. They can form a walk group and eat a little bit healthier. Let’s see if Augusta can do better with their health problems. Get out there and exercise if you can, and bring that weight down.

I JUST SAW HILLARY CLINTON on TV apologizing to those people who killed our people in Libya. Why should we apologize to them for anything we do in America? Be a man. Stand up. Protect what’s right.

IT IS A SHAME the man who tried to jump on a moving bread truck after stabbing his wife can’t be charged with stupidity.

I JUST HEARD on the news that we give Egypt $2 billion a year in aid. I would like some answers on this issue.

BETTER WAY TO TELL if someone is a Democrat: They sign their checks on the back and not on the front.

WE CAN THANK the mainstream media for helping to deflect criticism of Barack Hussein Obama’s ill preparedness for the 9/11 incident. Blame it instead on some “right wing” inflammatory video that’s been around for a year that nobody knew about. Now the whole Muslim world’s looking at it and who knows when the violence against Americans will stop. Thank God that a true American, something the MSM hates, is a candidate for Barack’s job, our worst president ever.

I WAS ENCOURAGED to see Kyle Martin’s piece on Wheel Movement’s work for bike safety. It’s a start. Last Thursday morning around 10 a.m. on 13th Street, my wife and I saw a young woman bicyclist run three red lights consecutively after only quick glances at the side streets. Very dangerous. Had I been a policeman, she’d have received a stern warning, if not a ticket. Maybe she was late for class.

AMAZING BILL CLINTON is back on TV supporting Obama, and he is back to his lying ways. It was the Republican-controlled Congress that gave us prosperity during the time Clinton was holding us hostage. Conversely, it was the Democrat-controlled Congress during President Bush’s last two years that put us in the mess we are in now.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/30/12 - 09:48 pm
"HILLARY CLINTON on TV apologizing to

... people who killed our people in Libya... Be a man."

Actually, I think of her of more of a man than her boss; looks more like one, and her distaste in covering for the Apologizer-in-Chief has been becoming more obvious. Either that, or she's thinking, "I lost to this clown, how....?"

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/30/12 - 09:55 pm
Republican-controlled Congress

... gave us prosperity during the time (of) Clinton ... "

Probably the only place that is written is on opinion boards like this; the budget surpluses fought tooth and nail by our former First Felon --it'll never appear in the 'mainstream' media. Re-writes of history are their speciality.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/30/12 - 09:58 pm
"I JUST HEARD on the news

... that we give Egypt $2 billion a year in aid." Actually, it's more than that; a lot of it is funneled through various UN programs as well.
But they are realllly grateful to us. I'm betting some of it is even returned to us in the form of campaign contributions. Just sayin'

wayne2410
wayne2410 10/01/12 - 06:39 am
Hillary has to apogize to

Hillary has to apogize to Libya and the muslims, that is who her boss has his loyalties with. I sure don't hear him accusing them of "clinging to their guns and religion" like he did his own people. Oh, I forgot, Libyans and muslims ARE his people.

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 06:45 am
Good Morning America, Friends and TSDs.

"FAT".....take away the EBT cards and Gravy and make them WORK..

No longer FAT.

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 06:48 am
@4 Should Read..

"The man who tried to jump on a moving bread truck after stabbing his wife fell while trying and got runned over."

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 06:52 am
Heck,

HILLARY CLINTON and King SMNCICBHO will apologize when the USA is hit with a Nuke!

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 06:56 am
@6

They don't sign their checks, they use a Rubber Stamp with an X because they never learned how to write their name.

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 07:02 am
@9

That is a Republicans point of view, the Democats point of view is 180 different.

LIE made into a FACT vs FACT made into a LIE.

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 07:05 am
37 Days

37 Days,,,,

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 07:19 am
Ding, Ding, Ding

Wake up TSDs! It's Monday Morning.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/01/12 - 07:26 am
OK CGEE

I'm not a thumb sucker but I'm awake now....whatcha going to do with me??:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/01/12 - 07:28 am
I like Chris Christie.....he doesn't sugarcoat

WASHINGTON -- With Mitt Romney lagging in swing-state polls, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) tried to give the Republican presidential ticket a boost on Sunday, predicting in an interview that Romney would turn the race “upside down” with his debate performance on Wednesday night.

Candidates’ surrogates usually try to tamp down expectations ahead of a debate, but the tough-talking Christie told CBS "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer that Romney would do “extraordinarily well.” He also acknowledged that the past few weeks on the campaign trail haven’t been kind to the former Massachusetts governor.

“Listen, he’s had a tough couple of weeks, let’s be honest,” Christie said. “I mean, I’m not going to sit here and come on this morning and sugarcoat the last couple weeks. They’ve been tough. But here’s the great news for Republicans: We have a candidate who is going to do extraordinarily well on Wednesday night, the first time he has the opportunity to stand on the same stage as the President of the United States.”

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/01/12 - 07:34 am
Question

Why do we give soc sec to any newcomer .......someone who has never worked in the USA & paid into the system......correct me on this please...
I can't see another country paying me a dime.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/01/12 - 08:10 am
Have more babies will fix soc sec...:)

Economist Bryan Caplan expounds on this idea in his book Selfish Reasons to Have More Kids. "Big families have subsidized retirement since the dawn of government retirement programs," he notes.

(I'm really surprised you guys didn't think of this sooner...hahah)

The problem today that is even as we're living longer, creating an ever growing pool of retirees, large families are dwindling. In 1940, 42 workers' payroll taxes supported each retiree. Today, it's only 3.3. By 2050, the ratio will be just 2 workers to 1 retiree.

This number will likely continue to get even smaller. After all, the average number of children per family in America (among families with children) is 1.86.

But if we can change this trend with a higher birth rate, Social Security can be fixed with minimal adjustments to tax rates and benefits.

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 07:47 am
"newcomer"

Good God All Mighty B4, have you developed a Political Correctness Syndrome?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/01/12 - 07:55 am
cgee

Name your tune baby...they come from EVERYWHERE...what should I call them.....newbies.....law breakers.....jerks.....crooks....ya know I can get banned for saying "certain" words....you don't want be banned ...now doya...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/01/12 - 07:59 am
For Christmas ..

I now know I want a Ipad for Christmas......the thing is a miracle toy---it can do everything ....once I learn how to work the dad burn gadget I will be trouble on wheels......life will take a back seat & I'll just live in cyber space all the time....won't have time for the real world any more.....oooh the mischief I can get into. heheh

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 08:00 am
Heck No

If your banned, the AC Blog would be like Disney World without Mickey Mouse.

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 08:02 am
Just Thinking

In 3 more months I will no longer be part of this elite group.

Oh well, TSDs will be happy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/01/12 - 08:05 am
say what!!

In 3 more months I will no longer be part of this elite group.

what does that mean?

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 08:09 am
AC Membership Fees

will jump to $16.00 a month. No Way unless the King gives me a voucher!

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 08:12 am
You & KSL

can take over the TSD point platform,,,

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/01/12 - 08:16 am
oh please

YOU are LOADED....that is cheap for the fun you have on here.....I do wish AC would put the discussion page back on for the extra money......I want to see comments & it is darn tooting hard to keep up with posters now.........more comments would make it interesting imho......anyway they better come up with "something" good or the other media outlets will merge into their customers on here....
Sean do you get my drift.....we are wanted by "other" medias.....they want to pluck us away from here......
Soooo ya better take this seriously.......they are offerring goodies...:):)

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/01/12 - 08:16 am
CobaltG

Come on. $16 bucks? .50 cent a day. Where can you get this kind of entertainment for that price?

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 08:21 am
B4

Love the pictures...so many words in a picture.

CobaltGeorge 10/01/12 - 08:36 am
For The Extra Charge

I would stay if embeding was allowed.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/01/12 - 08:43 am
seenit

back at ya.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/01/12 - 08:52 am
My innocent post

My post went bye bye....well now....

Mickey Mouse ain't happy...