Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHY DOES EVERYTHING have to look the same? What about individuality? I could see if things in a yard were an eyesore, but Becky Rogers-Peck’s playhouse looks fine to me. I’m glad she stood up for herself, even if it is to no avail.

GIVEN THE ISLAMIC response to a 15-minute movie that makes Muhammad look bad, imagine what would have happened if the Quran had been treated the way the Book of Mormon was treated in the Broadway play of the same name. That play is not only anti-Mormon, it is racist. Why hasn’t the president taken a stand against this type of intolerance? Oh, wait, it’s not bad if a liberal does it.

WHAT DO OBAMA’S national security briefer and Clint Eastwood have in common? They both talk to an empty chair Obama should be occupying!

A GUEST COLUMNIST called President Obama the antithesis of the America he has known. Thank goodness! For many minorities, the America you have known needed and still needs to progress beyond this blind hatred and demagoguery that is being openly displayed.

RAVE FOR THE VA Medical Center and Arts in the Heart. My wife and I are retired military and we go to many local events. We have seen a guy who must work 24/7 and holidays using care and respect helping blind veterans. If more therapists were like him, my rehab after Vietnam would have been on a fast track. Keep up the good work.

I WONDER IF MANY of the local posters to the opinion section actually practice Christianity or just use it as a title. There are a multitude of hateful comments posted, but there is often a reference to Christianity in the writings.

ONE OF THE NICE THINGS about radio is being able to change the station when those lying testimonials come on.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/28/12 - 06:59 pm
"WHY DOES EVERYTHING

... have to look the same?"

If you're not a bunch of pitiful, power-tripping clowns using your position to suppress your neighbors, it actually doesn't. Apparently, though, we can't get any other personality types serving on neighborhood boards.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/28/12 - 07:05 pm
"... chair Obama should be occupying"

When I read that, my first thought: Sweating out an interview with an unsympathetic ICE agent.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/28/12 - 09:28 pm
@6

How about this one:

Greetings to all,
First, I want to express my profound appreciation to President Barak Obama for doing what all of the Republican candidates have not been able to do for months: he unified the Bible-believing church in America in one week over the issue of abortion.
When the President ordered the Catholic Church to provide contraceptives to prevent the birth of new life, he hit a nerve in the heart of every true Catholic and Evangelical. Being a politician, he will attempt to compromise his position until after the election and then release the full power of government to force the church to obey the state. Think about this! If he made this bold statement before the election, consider how brutal he will be if he is re-elected!

I have said it before and I will say it again: the election on November 6, 2012 for the office of President is the day of decision for America. Four more years of Obama will bring absolute socialism to America. Our children and grandchildren will never know the greatness of America that we have experienced. THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN!

FORTY DAYS OF PRAYER
I am asking the Christians of America to join us in 40 days of prayer for this Presidential election. These 40 days of prayer will begin on September 28, 2012. You can do it individually or in groups, but prayer is the most powerful force God has given us to bring our nation back to righteousness. I'll be saying more about this as the year progresses, but mark it on your calendar and start telling your family, friends, and church members NOW about the 40 days of prayer.
Sincerely,

Pastor John Hagee

If my people, which are called by my name,
shall humble themselves, and pray, seek my face,
and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear
from heaven, and will forgive their sin,
and will heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:14

DON'T BELIEVE THE LIBERAL MEDIA

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/28/12 - 09:59 pm
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/28/12 - 10:03 pm
Good Night TSD.

Good Night TSD.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/28/12 - 10:05 pm
OH,

Thank You for the Points......

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/12 - 07:09 am
Cool crisp weather

A niccce 64 degrees here....loving it....

The 1st r/r...

WHY DOES EVERYTHING have to look the same? What about individuality?

I don't like sameness either.......car-house-furniture-pets-it is a funny thing but the different "dude" will always get the attention...from the ladies & from life........The sharpeis we have owned have always stirred comments.....they are different in so many ways.....habits --looks-neatness...etc.......they are very neat pets.....they almost house train themselves......
also gob is different & he house trained himself too....last night at the mexican restaurant he had the waitress loving up on him.....patting him....giving him a glow.....he told his daughter that he was just cursed like that & has learned to deal with it!
heh heh

good am folks-flocks-frackers-& everything in between..

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/12 - 07:14 am
Thanks

Thanks for the help.....about the onion smell......I tried toothpaste--lemon juice--vinegar--etc.....some of it has gone......but I swear that onion was from a different country I think...

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/12 - 07:17 am
Can we

Can we love our way through the middle east....I thnk not......I'm sorry folks but I'm really getting tired of sending money to these countries.....we need to rethink our giving........here & abroad. imho.

Tullie
Tullie 09/29/12 - 07:24 am
Looking the Same

If you don't want everything to look the same, don't live in a neighborhood with a HOA. Simple as that. She knew the deal, she was even on the board at one time.

Just because the playhouse looked fine to one person doesn't mean it did to whoever had to look at it everyday. People have different tastes.

The woman knew the rules about buildings in her yard when she built that thing. Some people seem to think rules are for everyone but them. So, move to a place where you can do what you want in your yard, everyone will be happy then.

justthefacts
20255
justthefacts 09/29/12 - 07:37 am
Tullie

Word..

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/12 - 07:54 am
HOAs

I will have to say there are some points about the hoa rules....it does keep your nabor from putting his truck on blocks---makes him keep his yard cut/trimmed....but of course there are some crazy rules too.....no clothes line even in the back yard----no veggies in front---(only place with sun)......but the good out weighs the bad imo.
But if you don't want rules....don't buy in a hoa neighborhood....simple.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/29/12 - 07:53 am
Good Morning America, Friends & TSDs

Tuille, that is why Cobalt Park is my world, Do what I want, When I want and How I want. It even has it's own Laws.

B4, you sure is different....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/12 - 07:56 am
Cgee said...

B4, you sure is different....:)

Yep....gonna stay that way too....in sooo many ways....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/29/12 - 08:00 am
Heck

Do you know how nice it is to not have to go to the house to use the bathroom for #1, = saves water!

(Sentence structure correction)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/12 - 08:03 am
GOB said that too...heh

He said he wanted a porch he could *issed off without going inside...well he has that in the mountain home......here he would be in big trouble.......I fell in love with the house here & the hoa came later in play....now if I could take this house & sit it on YOUR cobalts park....that could work...hahahah
We wouldn't be much trouble cgee.....just rambling oldies but goodies....
I really MIGHT end up in Appling or Harlem......I think the town is coming that way anyhoww......soon you will have folks ALL around you.:)

daphne3520
daphne3520 09/29/12 - 08:09 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/12 - 08:19 am
Appling

The growth in the little town has jumped lately....ya better stop bragging on your place or you will have folks on top of each other....next the apartments will come in....next the commish will grow.....next the squabbling will happen.....next the school tax will double......next the grocery stores will be on every block....you might even get a Dollar store or two....
But ya ain't gonna get a Teds Montana Grill for a loooong time..☺

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/29/12 - 08:34 am
One Thing For Sure, B4 -

what ever comes will be 1800 feet from me in all directions and trees to go behind when needed.

Why don't you consider the old 5000 Sq. ft. house that I built without a 2x4 in it. Constructed in a way that it will still be here in the year 3000.

Comes with total access to the 21 acre lake and Country Music playing all the time.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/29/12 - 08:41 am
hmmmmm

When you added that country music playing on there ya got me thinking....:)
But is it CLASSIC country ??.......heheheh....I might just have to give it a look&see next time I'm in the area.....
My company has been showing me what an Ipad can do...amazing stuff.....I hope they can teach me somethng.....I might want one for Christmas......the dang theeeng can do EVERYTHING.....makes me wonder what the young folks will come up with next.....

omnomnom
omnomnom 09/29/12 - 10:42 am
on the pink playhouse thing I

on the pink playhouse thing I heave to earth I agree With the above l posters.caveat emPtor.they knew entexactlyeaty they were getting into when they bought that house.ALTHOUGH some hoa a don't abide by they re own rules and can vote for new rules without a majority ageing to it.. Too bad for everyone involved.and Wright McLeod, you are just doing what you were hired to do, don't let the resentful political opponents get you down!

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/29/12 - 10:50 am
Great Comments CGEE

By the way, how did you build your house? Steel frame?

Angie H
Angie H 09/29/12 - 10:51 am
Yesterday I saw a bumper

Yesterday I saw a bumper sticker that said "Right to work is a rip off." Could someone explain how giving the worker the freedom to choose whether or not they want to join the union is a "rip off?"

I thought the liberals endorsed freedom of choice. I guess that only applies to the choice to murder.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/29/12 - 11:02 am
No RM,

100% 2x6 through out.The CIC, 5 young sons and I dug 383 feet of footing in solid clay by hand, poured a monolithic slab and finished by putting the last single nail in.The only think we didn't do was the brick work.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 09/29/12 - 11:04 am
@ #4

Hey clueless, just how much access to the American dream do you think minorities would have today if it hadn't been for the very people whom you so blithely accuse of blind hatred and demagoguery?

The people who think and act on the kind of denunciation you expressed are so focused on getting revenge for perceived wrongs to your ancestors, that you stupidly demonize the very people whose ancestors opened the doors for them to education and equal access to the American dream. And even with the doors opened, minorities in this country have only moderately availed themselves of the opportunities unheard of for former slaves and other disenfranchised peoples throughout history. That has been a cultural calamity, and it is shameful that so many freely chose dependency and a culture of violence, vulgarity, immorality and irresponsibility, which now has infected our whole nation.

You express the epitome of that very hatred and demagoguery, and the people you demonize will probably be the ones who sacrifice their own security and resources to help those who live life as infants survive when the whole economy comes crashing down around our ears. Yet you lefties glorify all the excesses, the immorality, laziness and greed, violence and murder of innocents, that has brought this devastation upon us. Your gripe is nothing but a demand for more money for people who have never responded nor contributed anything but another hole in our national pocket.

It's hard to imagine how this will ever end peacefully, especially since the money for supporting the dependent class and all the freeloaders essentially has run out, everywhere. The hardest part right now, is getting people who have the ability to act to be aware of how dangerous the situation has become.

Clueless, you'd be far better off praying that the dollar doesn't get removed as the international standard of exchange. The war will begin in earnest when that happens.

rebellious
20153
rebellious 09/29/12 - 11:06 am
CeeGee

I am dying to know....what is a TSD?

Morning (sort of) Seenit.

I, too, can issue from my deck. Or in the yard, or trees or whereever I choose. Heck, I even built an outhouse on my place. Didn't paint it pink, but use it to store rakes and such.

There's no living like country living.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/29/12 - 11:17 am
TSD

Thumb Sucking Downer

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/29/12 - 11:25 am
Yes reb,

It is the only way to live today, Fear Nothing But The Snake You Don't See.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/29/12 - 12:00 pm
It sounds like a great house,

It sounds like a great house, CG. No neighborhood HOA for me either.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/29/12 - 12:04 pm
Question for My Business Genius Peeps

I've modified my work conditions and am now a self-employed contractor who needs to do my own self-employed taxes, etc. Anyone know of a good computer program for a one person business to use that gives you all the dang forms and asks about deductions and so on? Do Quick Books or Turbo Tax have versions for the self-employed.