Rants & Raves

CITY STREETS ARE in the worse shape in 50 years. They ripple, they dip, they crumble. Worse, city employees dig many holes, put steel plates over them, and go off and leave them so long that asphalt crumbles in front of the plates. This is long-term poor supervision of an essential service. Further, do not tell folks a fairy tale about old pipes needing replacement and suggest an outrageous new tax.

WHAT IF THE REGENTS named our colleges UGAu? The Athens campus would maintain UGA, and we’d be golden.

A RAVE FOR THE pain management staff at Trinity Hospital. What a great bunch of people from registration, the procedure staff and the discharge staff. Thanks for the attention and great service.

OK, THAT’S ENOUGH! The school will change its name, Peebles lost the election and President Obama will get re-elected in November.

I AM A SENIOR citizen who depended on income from CDs to make ends meet. Now that the CD interest rate is next to nothing, this extra income is all but gone. I wonder whether President Obama has a program to compensate us for those lousy CD rates?

ONCE AGAIN THE Augusta Commission members show that they do not know what they are doing. Of course the numbers at the Patch are going up; it’s free. Government cannot run any business.

I JUST RECEIVED my property tax statement for 2012. The envelope it came in and the return envelope had the name STEVEN B. KENDRICK in large bold caps, which dwarfed all of the other information. Is there an ego problem here or what?

WOW! BUFFALO AND Florida Atlantic, how much tougher can it get? The Bulldog Nation must be really proud of their strength of schedule.

IF THE MILLSHAVEN Homeowners Association says the playhouse is the wrong color and has to match her house, then why don’t they help her paint her house pink, too? A grandchild is only 4 for a while, and if she wants to have a pink house to play in, they are all being big bullies to think otherwise.

FREQUENTLY THE NEWS anchormen on Channel 6 in the evening have beverage cups setting on the desk in full views of the cameras. How unprofessional.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/27/12 - 07:07 pm
If you have money to put in CD's

... The Obamessiah says you're probably one of the evil rich, and not paying your fair share.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/27/12 - 07:22 pm
At lunch today the topic was Romney's

... tax returns. The consensus was the desire was driven by the desire to see an actual tax return. At least until it was brought up it must be because none of Obama's supporters had ever seen one where taxes were actually PAID.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/27/12 - 07:21 pm
C'mon, think about it

... how could a golf course in the city of the Master's NOT make money except by monumental mismanagement? Or, in government language, business as usual?

Jake
Jake 09/27/12 - 07:59 pm
Tax returns

Did Obama release his tax returns? If so, what was his tax rate? Did he take advantage of all of the legal tax deductions? If not, he should change his accountant.
Being President has a lot of benefits. Security for life in terms of Secret Service agents. Also, face and name recognition. I bet the former Presidents don't have to wait in line at Disneyland or any restaurant.
A friend of mine from Tifton who lives out here in California recently held a big party in his backyard for Habitat for Humanity. Next year Jimmy Carter is going to be at the event and he is so wanting the former President to be able to come to his house. Say what you will about President Carter but he is a generous and noble person in my opinion who cares a lot about his fellow man.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/27/12 - 08:03 pm
Guess those cups on the TV

Guess those cups on the TV news desk really bother somebody.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 09/27/12 - 08:18 pm
Torn up roads

The sinkhole on Doug Bernard Parkway has been there for ages. It's a miracle that it has not enlarged. Now they are working on it, can't be for too long as I passed by there recently and nothing was going on. One thing interests me more than anything else, a drainage pipe was broken??? Where did that drainage pipe come from - after all until not too long ago that area of Richmond County was in the middle of nowhwere? I may be wrong, but I sure would like to find out about that, having traveled that road since 1970 - for a long time on a daily basis, going back and forth to work, I did not see many changes.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 09/27/12 - 08:20 pm
TV anchors and beverage containers

I would say that anchors can get thirsty too and are entitled to a drink. After all - they are humans, right? Or are they robots??? Hardly! Get a life!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/27/12 - 08:37 pm
RM & TW

You both beat me to it...Who the Heck cares if he has beverage cups setting on the desk in full views of the cameras!!

What comes out of his mouth is were the professionalism is...

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/27/12 - 11:19 pm
The world-class doofus

... that made the film that so "inflamed" the jihadis was arrested today. The Feds say it's for "parole violations."

Yeah, right; everyone believing that crap please stand on your head. Too bad he's not an illegal; Holder's goons wouldn't have touched him.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/28/12 - 06:50 am
Potholes & cds.....

Well now...what is the difference in todays world...they both stink....might as well put that $$ money in a jar in the backyard.....my kin did just that years ago....out on Morgan rd.......moonshine money & they sho didn't want to pay taxes on that...
I wonder how much buried treasure we have in the ground.....but remember they also had septic tanks back then too....yeehaw!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/28/12 - 06:51 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 09/28/12 - 06:56 am
Cyber attack

I saw that we had a huge cyber attack on some major banks....they were warned it would happen & still couldn't stop it.....sooo now a new way of war with the nerds......I can see our future.......money flying from country to country-----millions disappearing in seconds.....some won't be able to access their accounts on line....ooooh I yearn for the simple life sometimes......a bank statement --in the snail mail---a simple phone without the gadgets.......where is it....

Good am bees-flockers-frackers-workers-loafers-busybodys-& gentle loving folks over the age of 50.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/28/12 - 06:57 am
Thanks CGee

I'm glad someone appreciates my humor...☺

A great am toya!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/28/12 - 07:07 am
Gimmie this doggie

I want to wake up to this happy dog in the morning.....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/28/12 - 07:11 am
Gee,

I feel so insecure posting in the early AM. Why? The TSDs aren't up yet!

F4therTime
F4therTime 09/28/12 - 07:36 am
Maybe...

Obama changing accountants is above his pay grade?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/28/12 - 07:45 am
No dang wonder

I get depressed in the am...& I think I see why...
THE DANG NEWS--

13 year olds kill great grandmama
worker kills co-workers & then himself
11 year old assaulted
more on sandusky mess
cds on 0 %
cyber attacks take over big banks
the dang cups on the tv desks...I mean what is this world coming to.....can't they put the cups out of sight...hahahha...
Does it ever bother you guys when the ladies on tv have such short skirts that they barely leave ANYTHING to the imagination....NOW I don't hear any complaints about that.

dichotomy
32082
dichotomy 09/28/12 - 08:05 am
Ranter #5 CDs.

As long as the FED floods the market with worthless money there will never be any interest paid on CDs, savings, or bonds.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/28/12 - 08:10 am
Gwinnett county commish

At least they made the right decision this week....they voted down the new plans of MORE apartments near the ballfield...THAT was not in the original plans & they said we would wait til the economy was better to build the developers original plans of retail & high scaled shops...hooray.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/28/12 - 08:14 am
Onions

I can't get rid of this onion smell on my hands & mouth.....dang that must have been a strong ouuuuniiion....what will take it away...?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/28/12 - 08:17 am
KSM

Don't ever get rid of that hubby of yours.....he writes the sweetest words to you....I just sigh everytime I read them...he needs to write a book about you......boy would that be a best seller.....especially if he keeps the good stuff in it!!!

Don't yall look for it on here...on another media outlet called the shane/ksm show...:)

F4therTime
F4therTime 09/28/12 - 08:21 am
Seenit...

I have heard use lemon juice...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/28/12 - 08:26 am
B4

A long transferring KISS can lower it a bit.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/28/12 - 08:30 am
hahah

Come on up big boy ^ get that transfer..:)

Thanks fathertime...I will try lemons.....:)

Have to read a biiiig AJC......& really get depressed.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/28/12 - 08:33 am
Latest Cobalt Statistics

AC Posters + or - 5

King SMNCICBHO Lovers...........36

Americans...............................24

Those counted that have 100 or more points.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 09/28/12 - 08:38 am
Thank you SeenIt ... now

Thank you SeenIt ... now aren't you glad I talked you into remembering your password to that other media/social outlet account? :)

It feels WONDERFUL to have a day off work ... three day weekend ... WOW!

BTW ... Happy Anniversary to my husband & I ... who woulda thunk we'd last so many years? Surely not my late daddy who when Shane asked him for my hand busted out laughing & when he finally got himself under control said "You want to marry MY daughter? KAREN? Well son I have one thing to ask you. Do you plan on living at my house with her? If not ... Hell yeah you can marry her. I thought she'd live here forever! " Then my daddy continued by saying "Son, let me give you one piece of advice if you want to have a peaceful marriage with that one (ME). Just nod & say yes dear because you will NEVER win an argument with her!!!" Bawhaha

allhans
allhans 09/28/12 - 09:03 am
The late night shows still

The late night shows still having fun with Obama calling himself "eye-candy" on the View a few days ago. I would think they would be used to his narcissism by now.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/28/12 - 08:47 am
Gotta Go

Have to punch in the Cobalt Park Clock.

By the way, torn down the CIC's green house yesterday and have 25 2x8 clear plastic corrugated green house sheets. Anybody wanting them, come a get them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/28/12 - 08:48 am
You are 1 of a kind!

Your daddy had it right......now i have to get ready for younguns coming here today---we are going to have a mexican get together this evening at the noisy restaurant .....we might do pitchers of beer----tacosalads---& that refried bean & maybe fajitas & ritas too.
I lovvvvve that hot sauce....hot tamale that I am...:)

Officers tell of trauma from taking life

Although every experience is different, officers who take a life often experience severe bouts of depression, alcoholism, marital problems, sleepless nights and feelings of being alone in the ...