Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

CORRECT ME IF I’M WRONG, but did we not just complete a million-dollar project paving Walton Way from one end to the other? Why in the heck are they now digging it up for utilities?

FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO complain every hour of every day about President Obama, you will see what he has done and what he is doing to bring this country to its greatness. Three years is not enough to clean up eight years of damage. Stop following Romney and Ryan. Under their plan only rich Republicans will benefit. You poor and middle class Republicans will suffer along with the Democrats.

A RANT TO C.T. WALKER and the Richmond County Board of Education. After a full month of school, my fifth-grader did not have a homeroom teacher and was missing several books necessary to do classwork and homework.

ALVIN MASON WALKED, just as I thought he would. These folks who work for local government always look out for each other.

CLINTON IS STATING that Obama has a plan for the next four years to rebuild America from the ground up. What a joke. If that were true, why hasn’t he used that plan for the past four years?

SCOTT PEEBLES, you may have gotten a promotion by endorsing Roundtree, but your chances of ever becoming sheriff are slim to none.

I WOULD LIKE TO know who the sports writer is who thinks that a seven-point win is a rout. Since when?

I THOUGHT WE WERE electing a president not a king. But then again I wonder.

OBAMA’S RE-ELECTION COMMERCIAL refers to “President Bill Clinton.” Bill Clinton is not the president. He is the former president.

I WOULD VOTE FOR Joe Bowles for mayor of Augusta any day of the week. I think he is a fine, upstanding, reasonable man.

ALL VICE PRESIDENT (Joe) Biden can talk about is Mitt Romney. He is not talking about how he is going to change the country. But Mitt Romney didn’t talk about vice president Biden or Obama. Mitt Romney talks about how he could make the jobs come back to America that Obama sent overseas. Republicans are the way to go.

Fools_and_sages
Fools_and_sages 09/22/12 - 08:59 pm
Walton Way and President Clinton

Pay attention to the news. There have been sink holes and gas leaks. If you don't want to fix that stuff, then you can breathe the natural gas and lose your car in sinkhole that will eventually expand across all the lanes and up the block, resulting in closing the entire road.

Former presidents never relinquish the title of "president." Therefore, it is proper for President Obama to refer to Clinton as "President Clinton." If you watch the news or read anything about the activities of former presidents, you would know that they are always introduced and addressed as "president" or "Mr. President." They are never introduced or addressed as "former president" or "Mr. Former President."

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/22/12 - 11:02 pm
"... did we not just complete a million-dollar

...paving project ... why in the heck are they now digging it(Walton Way) up for utilities?"

The paving may be 21st century, but the lines and pipes running under it date back to La Belle Epoque. Probably the last time they were actually repaired as well.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/22/12 - 10:18 pm
"...Obama has a plan for the next four years..."

More of the same IS a plan: For America, it's lie, conceal, obfuscate; to our enemies, apologize and grovel. And when all else fails, blame Bush.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/22/12 - 10:26 pm
"I THOUGHT WE WERE

... electing a president not a king." You might want to check with the present occupants about that; their annual upkeep dwarfs the Queen of England's. Not to mention Her Majesty's expanding her own court by 1600% over the mere former First Lady's modest staff.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/23/12 - 06:18 am
@2

"you will see what he has done and what he is doing to bring this country to its greatness."

That has to be the best obamma joke on the net or emails made to date! There are many of them, but that wins the Nobel Joke Prize.

Trouble
Trouble 09/23/12 - 06:22 am
morning

im thinking America does not need rebuilt "from the ground up" lets try from the top down........

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/23/12 - 06:23 am
@5 - rebuild America from the ground up.

Should read .. rebuild America for the bottom of the pit up.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/23/12 - 06:26 am
@11

If you don't vote Republican you are on the way to "GONE"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/23/12 - 06:28 am
Sorry Trouble

we are looking at it from different levels, both are right.

Trouble
Trouble 09/23/12 - 06:32 am
cg

agreed

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/12 - 07:33 am
Heh heheh

Good am & I'm sooo glad most enjoyed the social security email last night.....now to those who didn't like it....could you please tell me where the 57 states are so I can enjoy all of them....:)
I would like to vacation in ALL states but I'm having a wee bit of trouble locating ALL 57 states....help me with this please.....I don't think snopes knows where they are either....
Check with pres. O....& also tell me if Guam tipped over yet.....you get my drift here......all sides goof up...
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder & happy thanks for the beautiful collection of animals /birds & etc ....I did enjoy them...☺

Good am CSRA...

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/12 - 07:35 am
JRC

I remember the Adams Drive Inn....we loved that place....old #1 Drive Inn too.....and the Skyview movies ....aaaahhh ya making me think about the ole days..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/12 - 07:38 am
Perfect weather

A perfect 53 degrees here.....just a hint of chill & I love it!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/12 - 07:45 am
This blows my mind....missing weeks of school!

Nine Richmond County schools had chronically absent rates of 30 percent or more in 2011. Students who miss 15 or more days are classified as chronically absent.

SCHOOL

32%

Jenkins-White Elementary Charter School

31%

Blythe Elementary School

30%

Source: Georgia Department of Education

And we wonder why schools are failing...:(

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/23/12 - 07:45 am
B4

The CIC being Okinawan never saw a Drive-In so in 1975 I took her to #1 and saw Love Me Tender by Elvis. When I had my Heavy Construction Co, tore down Skyview.

I took many courses of Sex 101 in the 50's at Drive-In trunk class rooms......

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/12 - 07:51 am
Heh heh Cgee

I won't go in to details but I also have some "fond" memories at the Skyview..:)
I'm wondering if Augusta even has a drive in movie ....or South Carolina area...?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/12 - 08:02 am
In 1975

In 1975 I lived off Wheeless Rd....in a beautiful tree lined neighborhood....well kept homes/yards.......the real estate folks would bring buyers down that street because of the flowers & homes....the very same area we read about today ....near Deans Bridge Rd & the trouble area....we had the Regency Mall & at one time it was a big thriving complex......(believe it or not)
Come to think of it ....the schools also thrived......we didn't have kids missing WEEKS of school unless they were in the dang hospital....soo what gives...

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/12 - 08:08 am
The rave for Joe Bowles..:)

Did Bowles send in that rave...:)

About Scott...he will probably run again...& by golly he has learned what not to do & he will more than likely win..imo

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/23/12 - 08:09 am
Answer

Obviously when you left the place went downhill (:

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/12 - 08:12 am
JTF

Hahha....You are sooo right!

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/23/12 - 08:25 am
Pespective

Heck, those of us off Circular Drive thought you Wheeless Road folk were rich and snobby.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/12 - 08:31 am
Funny man

I came from Circle Dr (called that back then)....then on to Martin Rd & then off Wheeless Rd......parents lived in that area for a looong time....most of my siblings went to Fleming school....I spent 7 long years there......the days I spent a lot of time on my bike....all over Lumpkin-Peach Orch--Martin--Sanders--Ivey......miss it sometimes....heck we might even know each other---maybe.:)

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/23/12 - 08:38 am
Maybe

Although you are probably much younger than me(:
OK, off to chase the little white ball. Tell river, I am sorry about his Tigers getting whipped.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/12 - 08:38 am
Sconyers Barbecue

How many can remember Sconyers when it was just a wooden shack building on Peach Orch....right down from Lumpkin Rd?
Great barbecue even then.....good ice tea....very small dining area though....most would get it to go..
Kenny Miles lived nearby.....some famous politicians lived in that area.
Some Newmans--Mays--Smith-Sconyers.....good ole boys.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/23/12 - 08:45 am
Day dreaming enough

I have to read a big ajc.... & stop day dreaming .....Rebel where are ya bigboy.....don't leave us.....seeya later guys..
I bet ksm can remember Lumpkin Rd area..:)(but not as far back as I can)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/23/12 - 09:14 am
Talking Heads

I was listening to MSNBC yesterday talk about supposedly disenfranchised voters. One of their points was election day being on a Tuesday. That many voters couldn't get to the polls because of work. Do I have to remind them every year that eemployers are REQUIRED to give ample time off to vote. Another point was that many may be out of town election day. Again there is early voting or absentee voting. You would think if they are so smart they would have an argument not so easily debunked.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/23/12 - 09:20 am
Nov 6

Is also my birthday. I would like to thank my liberal friends in advance for the boat, motor, trailer, and pickup. I work hard and pay my taxes. I deserve time relaxing at the lake when I am off. A 2-3 year old rig will be fine. I don't want to sound too greedy.

dwb619
dwb619 09/23/12 - 09:59 am
drive in theaters

I know of two in South Carolina.
Monetta and Beaufort.

Jane18
Jane18 09/23/12 - 10:59 am
57 States?

Back in 2008 when I heard obama say 57 States, I immediately went to my computer and looked up "57 States of Islam", and there it was! You can get their names , I can't remember if the locations were explained.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 09/23/12 - 11:02 am
Haha SeenIt ... not quite as

Haha SeenIt ... not quite as far back as some is correct. I grew up in Green Meadows Estates off Lumpkin Rd. My friends & I would have tea with the nuns at the convent, or we would get in the golf course pond & get golf balls, wash them off & sell them to the golfers real cheap so we had enough money to go to the clubhouse & eat chili dogs, joy bars & drink a fountain coke. Got our butt spanked a lot by our parents for getting in that pond in our clothes ... I remember THAT part well :)