Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A RAVE FOR our ministers. You are so faithful. You visit even in the rain. You have so much pride. Our hearts go out to you, you men of God. Thank you.

THE PICTURE OF THE young lady squirting lighter fluid onto a lit grill was a disaster waiting to happen.

RAVES FOR Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center at Fort Gordon. Thanks to the doctors on the ninth floor. Great job.

I AM AN OUTRAGED and disgusted devout Catholic at the use of the image of Our Lady of Grace in an ad for “nightmare plantation”! What is the relevance in using the sacred image of the Blessed Mother in an ad for a haunted house?

ALTHOUGH I CAN a business wanting to be convenient, I feel it’s a poor choice to have a commercial for people needing to file bankruptcy that has you riding around in a fancy RV, just to be convenient.

NOW THAT WE’VE passed the transportation special purpose local option sales tax, maybe we can get a second traffic light in Appling and that much-needed traffic circle at the Pumpkin Center.

I THINK THE PEOPLE who check “documents’” at the license department need to get their act together. I went there today with my original birth certificate, but the state of Michigan issues a registration instead. Everything was on it. This state is turning out to be a joke.

WHEN USING AN ATM, please stay in your car and do not approach someone withdrawing money. It feels very threatening and scary when you are crowding in too closely.

A RAVE FOR THE Democratic Party. Recall Sept. 3 when President Obama commented that the RNC should have been viewed on a black-and-white TV with rabbit ears. I assume this was a form of comedy. The past 3 1/2 years-plus are the result of his comical administration.

EVERY TIME I READ about Mitt Romney, he is promising leadership. Anyone can promise that. Why doesn’t he lay out a detailed plan of how and where he intends to lead us?

A RANT TO THE Rants & Raves staff. I find it very strange that there aren’t any rants chosen to print about Mitt Romney or the Republicans. I have sent in several but none ever go to print.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/21/12 - 09:26 am
One tidbit for yall...

I-285 speed limit will change.....Max will be 65 mph----we will have electronic variable speed limit signs along the way...& will change the limit any ole time we feel like it---sooo watch it when ya come here buddy boys......or we might change it from 65 to 25 in a skinny minute!!
We will get your $$$ one way or the other.......so just give it up...:)

Jake
Jake 09/21/12 - 10:46 am
@ harley

Man, I laughed and laughed again when I saw your new avatar. Classic.

harley_52
harley_52 09/21/12 - 10:53 am
seenitB4

If it doesn't show up in your "view," you're probably better off just re-installing the toolbar. In order to do that we'll have to know what browser you're using. Do you know if it's Windows Vista, Windows 7, Firefox, Chrome, or some other browser? Tell me which one and I'll tell you where to go to get a fresh download.

By the way...computers do not have a mind of their own though it might seem like it sometimes.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/21/12 - 11:14 am
cking in

harley I have this..

Windows 7
Explorer
Toshiba--:(

Have to leave for a spell--hubby will help me clean if I take him to lunch----so just list what I need to do will ck later...thanks

harley_52
harley_52 09/21/12 - 11:26 am
Jake....

I'm trainable....

harley_52
harley_52 09/21/12 - 11:45 am
seenitB4

Go to this site and download the toolbar. Then follow the instructions to install it. Before you hit the "Accept and Download" button, uncheck or leave checked the two options provided.

Let me know if that works.

Retired Army
Retired Army 09/21/12 - 12:28 pm
Evangelicals

Heads up folks. The Apocolypse has been canceled for the weekend. Pestilence phoned in sick again. TGIF!

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 09/21/12 - 01:42 pm
The sky is falling ... the sky is falling

Damn Retired Army ... Now what am I going to do with my APOCOLYPSE sized bag of M&M's if I cannot eat them this weekend like the world is ending? Guess I'll have to save them until December 21st! lol

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 09/21/12 - 01:45 pm
TGIF

RoadKill ... I plan on loving a LEO this weekend like it's one of our birthday!

*wink wink*

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/21/12 - 02:50 pm
thanks harley

I'm in business again..it worked....dang I need you more than I knew...:)
back to work here....thanks again...

harley_52
harley_52 09/21/12 - 03:08 pm
seenitB4

Anytime...

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/21/12 - 04:13 pm
How South Augusta Gets Slammed

Often, industrial facilities put strains on the community where it is located and the factories will make it up to the community in different ways, usually financially and with employees' working for local community projects. That's one reason the property taxes obtained from factories in South Augusta, should be designated for that area. Those communities would be fine without having to share with the old city of Augusta.

The Rockwood plant is a good example. Where their other plants are located a red cloud of dust has settled far over the surrounding areas. If any area deserves extra benefits from tolerating the plant, it should be South Augusta. Look at aerial photos of Rockwood's other facilities and understand how they have polluted the entire area with their red iron pigment.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/21/12 - 04:17 pm
Harely, you are toooo good.

Harely, you are toooo good. Heh.

Hey, guys I'm in Brasselton, GA starting today and for the weekend for a meeting. Is the wine at their vineyard any good. Is it a buy?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/21/12 - 05:09 pm
If you're talking about

Chateau Elan, yes.

harley_52
harley_52 09/21/12 - 05:21 pm
Harely, you are toooo good.

Thanks, Roverman.

KSL
KSL 09/21/12 - 05:52 pm
I have a picture of one of my

I have a picture of one of my sons riding in a horse show at Chateau Elan. I managed to catch him with the chateau in the background.

Didn't get to sample the wine : (

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/21/12 - 06:10 pm
Word From Sarge

The tests I had yesterday turned out to be a good news/bad news scenario. Good news,
the prostate is healing. Bad news, they found new cancer spots on my left hip, and possibly some other spots as well. I won't get any details until we go back on the 2nd of October, but if anything comes up, I'll let you know. Back on line as soon as the shock wears off!

dwb619
dwb619 09/21/12 - 06:27 pm
cobalt

Prayers for Sarge.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/21/12 - 06:28 pm
My neck of the woods ...:)

The way RM is spelling harley makes me think he is sipping that sweet wine already.....ya better pace yourself .....wine can slip up on you B4 you know it!!!

Sweet thoughts for Sarge ....via Cgee...thanks for telling us what is happening....

KSL
KSL 09/21/12 - 06:31 pm
Cobalt

Give Sarge my love.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/21/12 - 06:34 pm
Ohh That is good harley..:):)

Thanks, Roverman.

Sounds like a good name for a pup...☺

Jake
Jake 09/21/12 - 07:37 pm
Endeavour

You know, sometimes it is easy to take this country for granted. I don't always think of all of the good things America does. But today I found myself with many other like minded Americans in watching the space shuttle Endeavour as it rode piggy back on the huge Boeing jet. I was in the parking lot of the golf store and it passed right over us, flying low so we could get a good view. A fighter jet was with it but flying at a higher altitude. It was awe inspiring to say the least and brought a tear to my eye. Some clapped, some cheered and for a moment we all felt the togetherness that makes us Americans. I felt a rush of pride and sorrow as it flew over thinking about the technology and human sacrifices that went into the shuttle program.
Too bad that feeling doesn't last as everyone gets back in their cars going where they need to go, blowing their horns or flipping people off.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/21/12 - 07:51 pm
Jake

Very Good, Many thumbs up on that one.

harley_52
harley_52 09/21/12 - 08:14 pm
CG

My best wishes to Sarge.

Hope we'll see his smiling face soon as he's ready.

Jake
Jake 09/21/12 - 11:46 pm
Sarge

Sarge's condition is very much a concern to those of us who are not only veterans but also those of us who support veterans. He has given his best in his service to our country. My sentiments are with the ones that served.
But Sarge is a fighter and he has been fighting for quite a few years now. Hope to see you when I return. Jake