Rants & Raves

RAVE FOR THE young lady at Lowe’s on Peach Orchard Road whose name was Cassandra. She was very helpful and went out of her way to help me with my problem.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE A.R. Johnson girls’ volleyball team on being ranked. You are a great bunch of young women with an awesome coach. Now can we get The Augusta Chronicle to leave the football field and give these student-athletes some coverage that they deserve?

TAKE A GOOD look at ASU and GSHU. See how many higher-ups have been hired here and there, and yet they put out word they will be cutting jobs to save money. Who do you think will get chopped?

‘ASU GIVING FALLS SHORT’ – Expect that to continue. Donors no longer trust this named/renamed merger of whatever it is that’s controlled by confusion. Would you?!

RUBIO SAYS TO “Pray for freedom and liberty for Cuba.” Amen. While he was about it, he could have also said to pray for freedom and liberty for the United States because Obama is rapidly and purposely killing our freedom and liberty.

ROMNEY WAS A progressive just a couple years ago and now he is a conservative. If he is elected, can we really trust him to stay that way?

EASTWOOD HIT IT right: Hollywood liberals are “left of Lenin.” That’s why they support our current president. Problem is most of his supporters do not know who “that” Lenin is (Clue: Not the former Beatle).

PRAISE TO THE downtown library for alerting us to the use of ancestry.com! I’ve found things about my grandparents I did not know.

GENTLEMEN! WHY DO you NOT remove your hats when you enter a building? Hats are intended to protect the wearer from sun, rain and wind and should only be worn outdoors (you know, that’s where the sun, rain, and wind tend to be). Are you expecting rain in the dining room at The Olive Garden? High winds in Target? Do you think you might get a sunburn cruising the mall? Exceptions: Women, clergy, royalty, those observing religious tradition. A grudging break to men going to the hardware store. If you’re not in those groups, please take your hat off indoors! P.S. Turning your ball-cap around backwards or sideways does not count.

Jake
Jake 09/15/12 - 06:42 pm
Hats

I agree with that rant. Back in the 1920's thru the 1950's when there were what I considered "stylish" hats, gentlemen took them off when indoors. I remember the former coach of the Dallas Cowboys, Tom Landry, who always wore a hat except when inside a domed stadium. When asked about it he stated "My mom always said to take your hat off when indoors". Alas, with the advent of the popularity of the baseball cap in the 70's, many gentlemanly things have gone by the wayside.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/15/12 - 10:12 pm
Yes Jake

"many gentlemanly things have gone by the wayside."

Gentleman walking with a lady was always on the side of the street.
Gentleman open the door and allowed the lady to walk in first.
Gentleman use to pull out the chair at a table for a lady.
Gentleman use to open the car door for a lady.
Gentleman always allowed women to enter and exit an elevator first.

Very few modern gentleman left. So sad.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/15/12 - 10:14 pm
@1

I knew a lady called Cassandra, I don't think it is her.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/15/12 - 10:16 pm
@5

You can say that again!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/15/12 - 10:18 pm
@6

Does it really matter....It is better than someone that is neither.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/15/12 - 10:22 pm
@8

Been using ancestry.com for 8 years. I know the history of my name back to 1601. Only one name came to this country, so if anybody has that name, they are my relatives.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/15/12 - 10:23 pm
@9

Jake gets the prize for that one.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/15/12 - 10:26 pm
So Glad

to see my TSD is not in bed yet. IT is so helpful with points. I bet IT couldn't survive without me.

KSL
KSL 09/15/12 - 10:53 pm
CG

@10:14. LOL

Tots
Tots 09/15/12 - 11:15 pm
George@10:26pm,

It's not me... KSL@10:53>>>>LMFAO!!

Good Night Everybody :-)

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/16/12 - 07:01 am
I'm No Gentleman

Come to find out, it's all about wearing hats indoors and has nothing to do with posting.

Jake
Jake 09/16/12 - 12:16 am
Retired Army

Belated welcome back after your extended time out.

Jake
Jake 09/16/12 - 12:18 am
Riverman

Your points seem to be going backwards for some reason. Why?

Jake
Jake 09/16/12 - 12:21 am
Cassandra #1

I liked Cassandra even though I know she was not for everyone's particular taste. Have not heard from her in a long while. Hope she is doing well.

Tots
Tots 09/16/12 - 05:59 am
Hi Retired Army,

and WELCOME back...I also missed reading what you had to say..
Hi Jake,I also like Cassandra,maybe i didn't always like what she had to say,and even got mad a few times...Some people can just rub you wrong.. But,i like to get rubbed anyway i can get it; Because- it brings out the good and bad in me....LMFAO!!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/16/12 - 07:07 am
RA

Nice to have you back. I feel so much better knowing that somebody out there loves me.

Oh, Thanks for confirming the fact that Americans are better off now than they were 4 years ago.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/16/12 - 07:28 am
This Is Going To Be

one beautiful site to be on, come November 6.

For Health Reasons, I recommend Sean take a months vacation where there is no internet.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/16/12 - 07:31 am
CGee...ha. But about the

CGee...ha.

But about the election, I'm starting to worry. I saw a poll yesterday that says Obama is leading pretty good and the Dems are going to GAIN CONGRESSIONAL SEATS. If they take back the House and Obama wins, we're toast. They will subdivide Cobalt Park for Section 8 housing.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/16/12 - 07:51 am
RM

Sometimes you know how to screw up my Good Mornings and not make my day....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/16/12 - 07:56 am
OK

I've taken my morning Oxycontin, so now I can weed-eat 1800 feet of pond edge, CU all Later.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/16/12 - 08:13 am
Good am

Nice to see the lightning rods are on here this am.....& welcome back Retired army....I did wonder where you were......you took a trip I would like to take one day.....cross country with no agenda...just stop & look anywhere we please....

Yep Nov. 6 will be interesting......too dang bad we don't have another choice......I would like someone to compromise ---meet in the middle---but WHO WHO WHO.....it is like "Do it my way or the highway"......the REps. lose the female vote....& then wonder why..
Anyway....more to think about besides THAT!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/16/12 - 08:27 am
Jeb Bush

He would win the WHouse.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/16/12 - 08:31 am
Believe me guys

A woman always knows when a gentleman is in the room with her.....&
it isn't about the hat...
Every function I've been to with the male posters I'm happy to say.....you wre ALL real gentlemen...thank you..:)

harley_52
harley_52 09/16/12 - 08:37 am
"Oh, I'm sorry" I said....

.... "I saw your Romney bumper sticker and just assumed that you suffer from a mental disorder."

Sounds like something a high school sophomore might have come up with. And to a woman no less....

Very mature. Very thoughtful. Very brave.

And then to come in here and brag about it.

Welcome back "retired Army."

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/16/12 - 08:43 am
LOL

Thought the same thing harley.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/16/12 - 08:46 am
"Functions" Heh. But, SeenIt,

"Functions" Heh.

But, SeenIt, you are from South Augusta. Those politicians out there are virile and powerful. Some effective office holders come from out there. Former State Senator JB Powell certainly helped with education in the county. Don't you think?

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/16/12 - 08:49 am
JTF, Florida check, FL State

JTF, Florida check, FL State check, Ga tech check, S. Carolina check. UGA, Clemson...so, so.

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/16/12 - 09:09 am
Yep

Glad this part of the season is over. Enough Buffalo, FAU, Furman, East Carolina, most ACC teams, and UAB. Time to get down to brass tacks.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/16/12 - 09:14 am
Virile & Powerful...yes

I haven't lived in Richmond county in 20+ years...BUT it still is in my heart & will be.......we had some leaders in the past---some called the Mafia group..heh...but at least the out skirts of Augusta got their slice of the pie back then.....
Too many to name on here---some were smart politicians---also cared about the county...
We all KNOW what happened to that area when the dear government FORCED schools bussing on neighborhoods that had worked tirelessly to make their school the best it could be...
THey left the county & left the poorer families to fight the battle....another example of forced feeding that DIDN'T WORK!!

When will we learn....will we ever....you can' give another a good life---give them a decent JOB & let them work for a better tomorrow...

I'm a firm believer that the GOVERNMENT MESSED UP SOUTH AUGUSTA....
But hang on to your behinds...because it's coming to Columbia county too.....
Kinda funny sometimes ....almost like a game .....moving the players on a checker board....I've always said if I should win a big lotto ...I would try to help make Augusta the wonderful city I remember....esp. in the out skirts ......we have some good ideas sometimes ----we talk but not much else can we do.....some don't even live there just like ctyman says....sooo why does it bother us so much..

Questions but not many answers.....I do know the problem starts at home in the early stages of life.....you can't transform a kid overnight...anyway I'm dreaming sometimes ...

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 09/16/12 - 09:24 am
SSM & Gentlemen

BawHahaha ... So much for Riverman sharing the love & being a peaceful poster ... :p

Although there is a SELECT one who does not ... I love me some JB Powell. I've known him to many years for that party of one to convince me he is something other than a gentleman. There has to be another reason for all that hatred toward the man ... but my lips are sealed on that one!

*she says with the grin of a the cat who swallowed the canary*

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...