Rants & Raves

RAVES TO THE Chronicle, University Hospital, Radio Station WAFJ, the Legends Club and all the vendors and other sponsors of the Women’s Wellness Expo. Everything was extremely well organized and very much appreciated!

TO THE MAN IN THE white Dodge Minivan at the Evans Walmart. I pray that no one ever talks to you like you talked to the child in your car. Nothing that he/she did could have been that bad for my family to hear you ranting across two lanes of parked cars! Thank you for a teaching opportunity for me to share with my children on how to NOT treat them.

PEOPLE KEEP FORGETTING that Bush tax cuts for the wealthy are still going on. If the ultra-rich folks would not step forward even during Bush’s watch years ago to help out the economy and create American jobs, where in tarnation can you think that we need to extend such tax cuts for the ultra rich for?

LABRADOR RETRIEVERS must be the gigolos of the dog world since most all pet adoption photos state that the dog in picture is a Lab mix.

HOW CAN WE FEED SOMEONE junk food for 15 years (through food stamps), and now Medicaid is paying for their gastric bypass? Taxpayers shouldn’t have to pay for this!

EVERY CITIZEN OF THE USA needs to go see Obama 2016. It answered so many questions that I had. This is bigger than black/white liberal/conservative. The entire country has been duped. The film will leave you speechless.

PLEASE, SCOTT PEEBLES, come to Thomson, Ga., and apply for the chief of police position. The person in charge does not have a clue and is not state certified. Please help.

RANT TO THE Board of Regents. The board decided that the use of “Augusta” would project a community or regional school and not the national prominence they wanted. If this board had only looked 100 miles north they would see Clemson University, which shares its name with a village much smaller than Augusta yet has both national and international prominence that GRU will never achieve in our lifetime.

PEEBLES WAS most qualified to be sheriff. The cartoon in the paper depicting the nonvoter told a sad story. The next time we think that our vote doesn’t count, think again.

boomhauer
boomhauer 09/11/12 - 07:47 pm
Obama 2016? It's amazing some

Obama 2016? It's amazing some people still can't distinguish entertainment and the almighty dollar from reality.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 09/11/12 - 08:18 pm
The date was 8/21/2012

... the primary & run-off is OVER! Move on people ... geez!

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/11/12 - 08:47 pm
About The Richmond County School System

I was looking at the story about the Richmond County School System and its superintendent while trying to think of ways the system could improve. I started to research a little and went back to a city I know well that often comes up with good ideas and results. That's Charleston and they have had a county military magnet school for about 15 years for middle and high school students. It is 97% minority in a poor area of the county with 85% of the kids on reduced lunches. The students are about 45% female and are called cadets. Its principal is a retired Army airborne ranger and discipline is tough.

I'm a firm believer in the technical magnet school, but this could also be another tool for the county to consider. It would work well with a certain type student and would have lots of meaning and help from our community with Ft. Gordon.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/11/12 - 08:34 pm
"Medicaid is paying for

... their gastric bypass?"

Balderdash! Everyone knows the poor and dependent in America live in near-starvation and abject Calcutta-grade poverty. We just haven't heard about it since we elected a chief executive of the "caring" party. Oddly, the homeless seem to have disappeared from the front pages at the same time as well.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/11/12 - 08:37 pm
"LABRADOR RETRIEVERS

must be the gigolos of the dog world..." But how do they taste in curry?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/11/12 - 08:43 pm
"EVERY CITIZEN

... needs to go see Obama 2016." Not planning on seeing it myself, but the hilarious thing is, the film has in just a few weeks been seen by more people, and made more money --despite pressure by union-driven teachers to have their students go-- than Algore's goof on science in its six year run.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 09/11/12 - 09:03 pm
Say whaaaaaat?

If they think Georgia Medicaid is awful for paying for gastric bypass they'll be really upset to know SC Medicaid not only pays for the bypass surgery, they pay for "plastic" (the reconstructive) surgery after the weight is lost! How ya like those apples? I'm so glad we work to pay for people who sit on their butts & for what would be considered ELECTIVE surgery in any other private insurance payers world.

corgimom
corgimom 09/11/12 - 09:19 pm
Riverman, what a great idea!

Riverman, what a great idea!

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/11/12 - 10:09 pm
Corgimom, I'm not surprised

Corgimom, I'm not surprised you see the wisdom in the idea. I think you had experience being in a military family before. Just like with the military, a military magnet school puts you on an equal footing with everyone else no matter your parents, income or neighborhood. That's always been the thing about the military. It uplifts people by their bootstraps. You are absolved of all the sins of your upbringing, so to speak. If you produce, you excel.

I certainly know it worked for me and my poor, less than stellar upbringing. Ha. I worked hard, met people from all backgrounds and learned a lot about myself and turned into the scourge of the Chronicle message boards.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/11/12 - 10:05 pm
Before This is Too Late, About 9-11

About the military and 9-11. Sometimes it’s not the horrific trauma as a whole that bothers me about wars. But a specific person or circumstance that can play on my mind for long periods. Ft. Gordon is one of the few Army medical centers where patients are sent and you often see a lot of recovering soldiers with a leg or arm missing or other horrific injuries. It’s just accepted by the military that there are American casualties in war.

The other day, as I approached the front entrance to Eisenhower Army Hospital, I walked upon a couple of soldiers wearing their black PT shorts and grey T-shirts, one a red haired guy. They were walking closely together talking and one had a white cane that he continuously tapped from side to side. The other was following a black seeing-eye dog. They were both about 20 years old and walking around the outside of the hospital together as if this were an Army training exercise, I suppose. Their legs were good and there were no other obvious signs of injury…just no sight.

Their talk was accompanied by smiles, too. They were doing this together and like young people in many situations making jokes about the seriousness of the circumstances. I walked past them and onto the front automatic door where I paused watching for it to open, then into the hospital. I got in the elevator with others and punched 3, but as it lifted and I felt that elevator feeling with the other people those two young guys on the sidewalk really bothered me.

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/11/12 - 10:11 pm
Tax Cuts

"If the ultra-rich folks would not step forward even during Bush’s watch years ago to help out the economy"

It's amazing that so many stupid people keep believing this simple minded Democrat chant. If you read or researched at all you would find the EVEN THE DEMOCRAT leaders admit that if you took all of the income the "rich" make it would not make a dent in the debt or deficit. The ONLY remedy to our problems is CUT SPENDING. And EVEN THE DEMORACT leaders admit that raising taxes on the "rich" will HURT job creation, which is exactly what Obama said the last time he extended the tax cuts.

The Democrat's class warfare tactic is only meant to whip the ignorant into a frenzy and this ranter proves that it works. It's easy for them to remember, it gives them someone to blame for their failure, and since someone told them what to say they don't even have to think about what they are saying..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/11/12 - 10:17 pm
@6

"The film will leave you speechless."

I hope that some who see it ......The film will leave them embarrass and stupid for thinking the way they do!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/11/12 - 10:36 pm
@2

That's the new way of parenting in America.

Jake
Jake 09/11/12 - 11:18 pm
2016 or Farenheit 911

If generating revenue is the key to the "truth" then Michael Moore's film is more "truthier" than 2016. Filmakers have agenda's whether they are for the left or right.

countyman
20016
countyman 09/11/12 - 11:34 pm
Speaking of Walmart

I thought the new Walmart on Wrightsboro rd didn't start construction until next year, but we may see construction this year...

It's good to see the older part of West Augusta(Wrightsboro rd & Augusta West Plaza) still growing alongside of the newer areas(Riverwatch, Washington, Wheeler)... There's Walmart, $2 million Wrightsboro rd/I-520 interchange makeover, $22 million widening of the road from I-520 to Jimmie Dyess, and multiple commercial buildings near Sue Reynolds elementary.. The new additions at the Augusta West Plaza include Let's Jump Kids party center & the purchasing of the Regal Village theater..

KSL
KSL 09/12/12 - 01:20 am
The guy behind 2016 has

The guy behind 2016 has written books. How many books has M Moore written?

corgimom
corgimom 09/12/12 - 04:51 am
Michael Moore has written a

Michael Moore has written a wonderful autobiography called "Here Comes Trouble". It's a great book and I highly recommend it. It's not political, he was a typical kid growing up in the Midwest. Regardless of how you feel about him, it's a good book.

Trouble
Trouble 09/12/12 - 05:57 am
morning

what does writing books have to do with ones ability to produce a film??? i am having a hard time figuring out what one has to do with the other.....

Trouble
Trouble 09/12/12 - 06:25 am
michael moore

has written 8 books, but i still dont see what one has to do with the other. how many books has stephen spielburg written? how about wes craven?

Tullie
Tullie 09/12/12 - 06:25 am
Riverman on the Miliary School

We have Youth Challenge Academy. I don't want to support another school with my taxes here in Richmond County..we are taxed enough already.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/12/12 - 06:50 am
Mr Emperor

are you going to do anything about our American citizens being killed in Libya or just apologize again.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/12/12 - 06:51 am
Now ask me again why I don't

Now ask me again why I don't trust a Muslim!

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/12/12 - 06:55 am
It's possible one has nothing

It's possible one has nothing to do with the other (books vs films). Maybe it was just a thought posted and no one else can follow it's logic because we are not privy to the other thoughts going on in that person's mind at the time.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/12/12 - 06:58 am
Corgimom, thanks for the

Corgimom, thanks for the reading suggestion. Always looking for new material to read.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/12/12 - 07:13 am
Good Morning America, Friends and TSD's

You know "whyme" is out there someplace, just a grinding his/her teeth.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/12/12 - 07:28 am
Am I the only one who thinks

Am I the only one who thinks Tripoli should be a pile of rubble this morning? Mr Emperor, you swore to uphold and defend the Constitution and America, how in the hell is apologizing a defense???

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/12/12 - 07:31 am
For those who don't know, the

For those who don't know, the land that our embassies are on in foreign countries is considered sovereign property of the US, just as those with embassies in our country consider their embassies sovereign. The US has again been attacked with no provocation from us. Wake up people, please.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/12/12 - 07:34 am
Now that I have that out of

Now that I have that out of my system, GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY. Don't forget to thank a LEO today... KSM, you know what to do.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/12/12 - 07:55 am
I Might Have Miss It..

The King SMNCICBHO "o" word has been printed only once on today's online news.
The only one was here in the R&Rs and it was well worth it and with RK given IT a so deserve praise.

I hope this is an indication of his future popularity!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/12/12 - 07:56 am
Please read Sheriff' Strength article today..

The man is sooo right....a Sheriff has to be a Sheriff.....he can't be a social gadfly to crooks.....he said..
“We reap what we sow,” he said. “The old school is gone, but I was lucky enough to be part of it.”
We are reaping what we sow....if you want to change the flow we have to start with the babies & our culture of giving so much to squeaky wheels.....
Read his article.......thanks
Riverman I like your thinking on the miiltary schools...that would
work...