Rants & Raves

A HUGE RAVE to the lady at Kroger in Evans. On July 27, my mom and I were in line behind a nice lady. When it was our turn at the register, we found that she had paid for my mom’s groceries. Thank you, and may God richly bless you.

REGENTS? HA! It sounds like a cheap motel or a road house.

I BET DEKE will have a nice job waiting for him at MCG when he is no longer head honcho for Augusta. We’ll see.

I WOULD LIKE to know when the attacks on Richard Roundtree will stop. Before the election it was tax evasion. Now that the good ol’ boy has been defeated, it is vote buying. Something is wrong somewhere. And does it only take four votes to get a car … just four? Someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

CAN ROMNEY DO a better job than Obama? Anyone can do a better job than Obama.

MANY THANKS TO the young man who stopped on Hardy McManus Road in Evans to move the huge turtle across the road and out of harm’s way. You’re a good man.

RANTS TO THE woman in the group of about a dozen ladies who came to Chili’s in Evans. You made a loud comment that you told someone he “looked like a special needs kid.” What kind of uneducated clod are you to say something like that? Special needs children don’t “look” any different than the rest of us. And I can guarantee that the vast majority probably act better than you on any given day!

WHY DON’T YOU publish a picture of all golfers that win and not just Tiger?

IT IS EVIDENT that school spring break is determined by when Masters Week falls. (It) needs to be held way before that time or after the CRCT. Commissioners and BOE, take a look if we are to see improvements. Spring break does not need to be held at the end of the school year … Changes need to be made in order to see success in Richmond County.

RANTS TO THE Deans Bridge Walmart for the way the electronics section is arranged.

I WOULD LIKE to send a prayer out to the women that stole the air freshener (yes, that’s what I said) out of the bathroom at our store. I hope you have more respect for your patients than you do yourself.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/08/12 - 06:46 pm
Hahaho

At least they are different r/rs...I mean really different..:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/08/12 - 07:02 pm
Deke work? A real job? Ha.

Deke work? A real job? Ha.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/08/12 - 09:54 pm
The turtles

... crossing the road reminds me of when I did the same thing years ago on Flowing Wells. I had just put it down on the far bank in the ditch when I heard a car horn. I was about to flip off the driver for honking, but when I turned it was two young ladies; one of them gave a "Mardi Gras Salute."

Stopped for a lot of turtles since then, but not as rewarding.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/08/12 - 09:59 pm
"What kind of uneducated clod

... are you to say something like that?"

Rhetorical question, right?

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/08/12 - 10:04 pm
"WHY DON’T YOU publish

a picture of all golfers that win and not just Tiger?"

That is odd. Regardless of where he is on the leader board, his mug will be featured even at the expense of not covering the winner. As a non-golfer (I think of it as bowling for yuppies) I only became aware there were other guys playing when Woods disappeared for an unmercifully short time.

Jake
Jake 09/09/12 - 01:52 am
Turtle crossing

Many years ago while traveling on Hereford Farm Rd heading home from work after a sudden downpour, I saw a box turtle in the road. At the last moment I swerved to avoid him and my rear tire pinched down on him but didn't crush him. The tire squeezed him like you would a watermelon seed between your thumb and index finger. In the rear view mirror I saw him shoot across the road and into the bank in the ditch on the other side.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/09/12 - 02:13 am
@ 11

Like yesterday about a Newspaper, you are nothing but a selfish business owner that you had help making, complaining about a poor unfortunate non-working person taking a little old Air Freshener, is not complying with the Distribution Of Wealth. Shame on you.
There is an Executive Order in the making from your Messiah King SMNCICBHO that will require you to put signs on things like, Newspaper, Air Freshener, toilet paper, paper towels, soap and items like this that reads... TAKE IT, IT'S FREE

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/09/12 - 02:18 am
Jake

and you didn't stop and see if it was injured or not? You should be charged with Hit & Run!

BloodySunday
BloodySunday 09/09/12 - 05:27 am
CAN ROMNEY DO a better job

CAN ROMNEY DO a better job than Obama? (No) Mitt Romney is a very wealthy man with a proven capacity for avoiding taxes - but can he do simple arithmetic? In the wake of the Democratic convention, the Republican presidential candidate again promised to " cut the deficit and get us back on track to a balanced budget." He even hinted that his own party bears some responsibility for balloning federal deficits and debt. "We're going to finally have to do something that Republicans have spoken about for a long time and for a while didn't do it." When Republican had the lead, we let people down, " Mitt said the other day, presumably referring to the last Republican president. By the time George W. Bush left office, the nation was deeply in debt and on the brink of a catastrophe that wasn't merely rhetorical. Now along comes Romney, with his sidekick Paul Ryan, telling voters that they will cut the deficit and balance the budget. They propose another round of tax cuts for the wealthiest households - including their own and those of their most generous supports - that would cost the Treasury at least $ 5 trillion. And Mitt Romney insist on increasing the defense budget by hundreds of billions, after President Obama ended the war in Iraq. Neither Romney nor Ryan has offered a plausible solution to balance the budget. They talk about spending cuts and tax reform, but without any specifics. Clearly the Republicans intend to push off difficult question about their budgeting, just as Romney intends to push through without releasing his tax returns. But those evasions may prove very difficult to sustain through the four upcoming debates.

justthefacts
20365
justthefacts 09/09/12 - 07:43 am
Obama/Romney

Maybe they will make a deal. I won't ask you about your lousy grades in College if you don't make me show how successful I have been in business.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/09/12 - 07:27 am
"Now along comes Romney, with

"Now along comes Romney, with his sidekick Paul Ryan, telling voters that they will cut the deficit and balance the budget"

(Well so did Obama and we gave him 4 years to try and he hasn't succeeded, so I'm willing to give someone else a shot at it. If they don't succeed then in 4 years we can see what someone else has to offer)

"Neither Romney nor Ryan has offered a plausible solution to balance the budget." (in your opinion)

(Well after listening to the president's speech at the DNC, in my opinion he hasn't offered a plausible solution either. All I hear is the same thing he said 4 years ago and we are no better off and we don't even HAVE A BUDGET)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/09/12 - 08:00 am
Attacks on Roundtree

The people doing most of the attacks are with him now.....sooo see some easing .....see some pleasing....politics are funny sometimes.....ya never know whose bed you will be sleeping in...:)

Freddie...honey...keep the rascals outta your bed...:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/09/12 - 08:03 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/09/12 - 08:16 am
Have you Noticed

there has been very little News coverage or even comments made on this Documented Movie.

It is almost like all the Socialist minded Liberals are afraid to see the truth in our America today.As a matter of fact, the polls shows a boycott from them.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/09/12 - 08:35 am
My Saying

Fear Nothing But The Snake You Don't See

Many have seen it, but there are those that don't want to see it, have been bitten and and many more will.

The head of this snake needs to be cut off!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/09/12 - 08:46 am
I Get Emails

telling me that I need to change my outlook in life.

I reply back.....Countyman has his Augusta......I have the freedom of my Grandchildren to promote.

The Freedom that I have experienced, fought for and honor for the past 72 years.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/09/12 - 08:48 am
Wake Up TSD

I need points!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/09/12 - 08:54 am
YOU CGee:)

You get nasty emails cgee....durn rascals .......don't they know you are a vet & can kick behinds into next week.....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/09/12 - 09:02 am
Didn't the Emperor promise to

Didn't the Emperor promise to cut the debt and balance the budget 10 trillion dollars ago? And where is a budget of any kind for the last 3 year?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/09/12 - 08:57 am

You missed a few*******

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/09/12 - 08:59 am
G'morning posters and posers

From Gary IN. Next stop is New Joisey. UGH!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/09/12 - 08:59 am
So much going on in Gwinnett

We are making headlines with the corruption probes & they are falling like dominos.....so sad for our county.......the commish is changing ....some are going to jail.......some are still fighting charges....on front page of AJC today. :(

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/09/12 - 09:04 am
I BET DEKE will have a nice job waiting for him at MCG...

Deke is on his way to Washington DC. He may take a short visit to Atlanta (for his resume, governors do better than congressmen), but Washington DC is the handlers plan. Can't you see him now in his spedo swimming in the Potomac. Secret Service in matching attire. A certain oil company joining the "three sisters" cartel.

"Hi, I'm Deke Coperhaver from Jorjah and I want to be your President."

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 09/09/12 - 09:09 am
Can Romney do better than Obama?

No. We need to stop and re-boot. First of all, the president isn't going to do anything without the help of congress- PERIOD. Whether the Republicans or Democrats control both houses. We need to re-instate the taxes to the upper class as well as cut through the waste. Those aren't new taxes on the upper class, it's putting an end to the tax cuts from a previous administration. Cuts that were supposed to help the "job creators" that didn't create new jobs- just larger bonuses for their CEO's. Now it's time to put those taxes back where they were and they pay their fair share again. This will put money back in the coffers to try and turn things around. As for military spending... once all of our wars are finalized and the troops are back home we need to just take a break from that. No new incursions, no re-building of other governments- PERIOD. We should also re-evaluate what we donate to other countries. We need to quit looking outside our borders and getting involved in other people's business until we get our own business in order. Romney has no intention of doing that. Obama has his faults but his intentions are good and until someone of substance comes along, he'll have my vote- again.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/09/12 - 09:13 am
Watching

my points is like watching the National Debt....Come on King Messiah lovers, need your support.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/09/12 - 09:21 am
hahahRKill says

From Gary IN. Next stop is New Joisey. UGH!!!

now you be good in New Joisey...& say hello to Chris Christie....:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/09/12 - 09:22 am
Who's giving thumbs up for

Who's giving thumbs up for going to Joisey???

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/09/12 - 09:25 am
RK & Cgee

ME RKill......see post above...:)

Cgee somebody loves ya....that is why they give thumps.....they just can't see well & hit the wrong button...hahah

Granddaddy John
Granddaddy John 09/09/12 - 09:33 am
A monkey sucking on a fly

A monkey sucking on a fly swatter could do a better job than Odumber.

Fire Department raises sought

The Augusta Fire Depart­ment will present a pay raise proposal for firefighters and administrators to the county’s public safety committee Monday.