Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I HOPE FOR Augusta’s sake that Joe Bowles never runs or gets elected to be mayor of Augusta. The man has no filter between his brain and his mouth.

WHY NOT GET RID of Fred Russell and make Ricardo Azziz the city administrator, because he is running the city of Augusta.

RANT TO MARTHA BURK: Don’t take credit for the new invitations to the female members of Augusta National. That was 10 years ago.

WHO HIRED AZZIZ? Why is this question never answered?

A RANT TO THE administrators at North Augusta High School, who are refusing to buy lesson-plan books and grade-books for their teachers. What is the backup plan when the electronic grading system that is being pushed on everyone crashes or loses information?

AZZIZ SHOULD BE made to pay the legal fees in the dispute with the Regents University in Virginia. He should pay all the expenses out of his own pocket before he leaves town because we need to get him out of town also.

I CANNOT BELIEVE that Richard Roundtree with all his past mistakes can possibly beat out Scott Peebles. There must have been too many lazy people who did not go out to have their votes count. Now the rest of us have to suffer for them.

LEE ANDERSON’S oratory skills remind me a lot of the late Junior Samples from Hee Haw. However, I think if old Junior were still around he would perform better in the debates against John Barrow than Anderson will.

I HOPE ALL YOU people who sat on your backsides and didn’t go vote are satisfied now. The best candidate lost because of you.

RANT TO AZZIZ and regents who might be prepping to spend school money to retain their moniker in light of the Virginia lawsuit. Remember this when explaining higher tuitions and layoffs.

WE NEED RICHARD Roundtree to do a good job as sheriff. We need honesty. Check the police; some of them aren’t honest. We need to get things cleaned up here.

I THOUGHT I’D GO online to find out who is the president of what used to be Augusta State University. Then it dawned on me – I don’t know what name to search for.

harley_52
22064
harley_52 09/07/12 - 12:58 pm
jasper1
jasper1 09/07/12 - 01:02 pm
Azziz

The BOR hired Azziz.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/07/12 - 01:28 pm
Ego and Vanity

Yes, Jasper, and Azziz thanked them by naming the merged university after the BOR — political hacks, one and all.

KSL
120538
KSL 09/07/12 - 01:32 pm
Hey, downer giver, either

Hey, downer giver, either you were not born or you do not remember the horrible behavior of protesters at the convention in Chicago. A little education goes a long way.

KSL
120538
KSL 09/07/12 - 01:55 pm
I thank everyone who gives me

I thank everyone who gives me thumbs down.

KSL
120538
KSL 09/07/12 - 01:56 pm
You read my post!

You read my post!

KSL
120538
KSL 09/07/12 - 01:59 pm
Or perhaps you merely saw my

Or perhaps you merely saw my name and hit the down. In that case, you may have missed me agreeing with you.

countyman
countyman 09/07/12 - 03:13 pm
It's funny how some people

It's funny how some people who don't live in Richmond County are quick to bring up anything they consider negative... I doubt the majority of RC citizens even care about the fate of the patch... Those who bring up the GGHF land which belongs to the state of GA never mention the state is giving the land to GHSU(performing arts center, dorms, research buildings)... Additional things(housing, retail, restaurants, sports complex, etc) are coming to the property if Jim Jacoby and Cal Ripken get the chance to become involved..

The Fort Discovery building was sold earlier this year, and it's called the Discovery Plaza while undergoing renovations..

I find it very odd how KFC, K-Mart, three Food Lions, Mikes Furniture, Electrolux, Ryans, Block Buster, etc are gone in Columbia County.. But somebody living in CC is telling Richmond County to turn of the lights lol.. Especially considering the real estate prices in CC are because of the jobs in Richmond County. I don't think Starbucks would appreciate turning of the lights when they're building a $172 million plant in South Augusta, and purchased 100 acres in order to expand in the future..

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 09/07/12 - 04:41 pm
countyman 1.0....the

countyman 1.0....the rerun!

Coming again and again to a blog near you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/07/12 - 05:29 pm
countyman--countyman countyman

said..

How many times can you be wrong about that----we tell you over & over about family connections...why don't you get that.....
Again
My family members live in Richmond county
Some have played golf at the Patch for YEARS
Some have given time/money in the last weeks to the place
some married in to my family have played there FOREVER
Some live near the patch ---a few miles away
Some are heart broken over the closing....

Why do you NOT understand we have a vested interest in it...:(

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/07/12 - 05:33 pm
BTW CTYMAN

How much property to you own in Richmond county....any?

Trouble
Trouble 09/07/12 - 06:10 pm
evening all

well, i have to give countyman a little credit, when i lived in richmond county, i didnt care about the fate of the patch, that could be cause i dont like golf, but you never know............btw, now that i live in columbia county, i still dont care about the patch.........

Trouble
Trouble 09/07/12 - 06:26 pm
hummmm

i am not sure i would want to go to sleep at night to the sound of fish mating.........................

BloodySunday
BloodySunday 09/07/12 - 06:27 pm
A lot of people who think

A lot of people who think voting is not important, especially young black people. See what happen when you don't get out and vote in Georgia. In 2010 Republicans won every elected offices( Governor, Attorney General, Labor Commissioners and others) state - wide in Georgia. A couple weeks ago the U.S. Department told Georgia Labor Commissioner he violated the federal law by refusing to paid jobless benefits to seasonally school workers and he must release unemployment insurance payments for these workers immediately. Now, Republican Labor Commissioner Mark Butler is refusing, again, to restart jobless benefits to seasonally unemployed teachers and bus drivers for this summer, setting up a court battle between the state and federal officials. I can image why times are tough because Republicans are trying to make it hard for the pauper and working people. Every election is important get out an vote in November.

Trouble
Trouble 09/07/12 - 06:39 pm
remember

get out and vote or you might have to go to work and earn your own way instead of living of the government....

Trouble
Trouble 09/07/12 - 06:45 pm
seasonal jobs

seems to me if you take a seasonal job, you should have gotten the hint that there was an off season to it, and you should have realized that you were going to have to find a way to support yourself during the off season. just because you didnt plan properly does not mean that you should be entitled to part of my check while you sit around on your lazy butt.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/07/12 - 06:47 pm
Dang...didn't have time t get

Dang...didn't have time t get to this before they cranked up a new one!
See you later!

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/07/12 - 08:12 pm
Harley

Harley...I just emailed you.