Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I HOPE FOR Augusta’s sake that Joe Bowles never runs or gets elected to be mayor of Augusta. The man has no filter between his brain and his mouth.

WHY NOT GET RID of Fred Russell and make Ricardo Azziz the city administrator, because he is running the city of Augusta.

RANT TO MARTHA BURK: Don’t take credit for the new invitations to the female members of Augusta National. That was 10 years ago.

WHO HIRED AZZIZ? Why is this question never answered?

A RANT TO THE administrators at North Augusta High School, who are refusing to buy lesson-plan books and grade-books for their teachers. What is the backup plan when the electronic grading system that is being pushed on everyone crashes or loses information?

AZZIZ SHOULD BE made to pay the legal fees in the dispute with the Regents University in Virginia. He should pay all the expenses out of his own pocket before he leaves town because we need to get him out of town also.

I CANNOT BELIEVE that Richard Roundtree with all his past mistakes can possibly beat out Scott Peebles. There must have been too many lazy people who did not go out to have their votes count. Now the rest of us have to suffer for them.

LEE ANDERSON’S oratory skills remind me a lot of the late Junior Samples from Hee Haw. However, I think if old Junior were still around he would perform better in the debates against John Barrow than Anderson will.

I HOPE ALL YOU people who sat on your backsides and didn’t go vote are satisfied now. The best candidate lost because of you.

RANT TO AZZIZ and regents who might be prepping to spend school money to retain their moniker in light of the Virginia lawsuit. Remember this when explaining higher tuitions and layoffs.

WE NEED RICHARD Roundtree to do a good job as sheriff. We need honesty. Check the police; some of them aren’t honest. We need to get things cleaned up here.

I THOUGHT I’D GO online to find out who is the president of what used to be Augusta State University. Then it dawned on me – I don’t know what name to search for.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/06/12 - 06:36 pm
"RANT TO MARTHA BURK..."

Her ham-fisted, hairy armpit, harridan act actually delayed the membership of women to the National. First thought in most members' minds was to be aghast that the category 'women' could hypothetically include such a specimen.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/06/12 - 06:39 pm
"I HOPE ALL YOU people

,,,who sat on your backsides and didn’t go vote are satisfied now."

Me, too! I would dearly love if I were the only one showing up- at least the election wouldn't be decided on race or "boxer or briefs." Some folks' criteria are downright scary!

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/06/12 - 06:43 pm
"... it dawned on me

– I don’t know what name to search for." Look under Azziz University, located in the dwindling town of Azziz, formerly Augusta, Georgia.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 09/06/12 - 10:40 pm
Numbers don't lie ...

So either 673 supporters of Peebles from July 31st did not show up on August 21st OR 673 people changed their mind in 21 days. Roundtree however gained 1,968 votes in 21 days. The difference in the number of votes between July 31st and August 21st is 2,930 who did not return to the polls. Remember there were 4,225 votes on July 31st shared between Silas (2,562) & Ivey (1,663).

This can be looked at a bunch of different ways (as you can see above by simply looking at the numbers). You cannot say through facts that Peebles supporters just didn't show up. Think about it.

countyman
19174
countyman 09/06/12 - 11:25 pm
$1 million canal expansion to

$1 million canal expansion to break ground shortly...

The trail spur, covering just under a mile, will include major bridges over the Sibley Mill and King Mill tailrace areas and allow cyclists to veer off the towpath, cross under River Watch Parkway and emerge downtown near Waters Edge subdivision.

The trail spur is expected to be an important connector that will better link the canal trails with downtown Augusta and the 13th Street bridge, which will help bicyclists get from the canal to North Augusta’s Greeneway Trail System more easily.

rebellious
20226
rebellious 09/06/12 - 11:29 pm
Dang Misss Karen

So you ain't just one of them attractive blondes. Thought for a moment you had channelled Carl Rove. I am impressed! Now put down the legal pad and go get Shane a beer. just Kidding, just kidding!

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 09/06/12 - 11:46 pm
That is so funny Rebellious

That is so funny Rebellious ... and close to the truth! Actually Shane came in from school & saw me crunching numbers (in my handy dandy notebook) & said "Oh lord, it's either bills or someone has your wheels turning!" Lol ... to which I replied "Shhhh ... I can't think when you interrupt my train of thought. I'll explain in a sec." ... "Put the calculator & pad down baby." Dang, y'all know me too well. Back to my M&Ms & House reruns. Manana :)

rebellious
20226
rebellious 09/07/12 - 12:07 am
But Seriously Folks

R #1 - While he represents a different district of the county than where live, and therefore his constituentcy has different objectives, on average, joe has brought a high level of common sense and rational logic to the commission. he has represented his district well. That being said, the question has to be ....I elected Mayor. could he homogenize the county and make the outlying districts feel as if they benefit in the least by being a part of the county/city? Or will it be business as usual.

R#7 Believe it can and it did. Possibly could have been avoided if the Cabal would have had a "sit down" (conjures up images of Castelano and Hoffa) and allowed the so called "Southside Mafia" a place at the table.

R#8 Look for that debate NOT to happen. It is called the Rope a dope. Maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. you know "crazy like a fox".

R #9 Wong.. sanders is still in the race. Vote Freddie

R#11 Grateful Mother? Is that you? WHERE YOU BEEN?

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/07/12 - 05:09 am
Congressional Debates

Agree with Rebel. For those worried about an Anderson-Barrow debate, the debate will never happen. Relax, Anderson may be dumb, but he's not stupid.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/07/12 - 05:07 am
Democratic Convention Delegates

That's a rough looking, sink the island, crowd inside the Democratic Convention. Julia Rodriguez, a Democratic delegate from New York, said she wanted to kill Romney. Of course Holder won't charge her with making threats.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/07/12 - 05:12 am
About the Sheriff's election,

About the Sheriff's election, the more that surfaced about Peebles, the more turned off some voters were. The trend was certainly not up for him.

Tullie
Tullie 09/07/12 - 07:04 am
Google

Apparently people have not realized they can google anything and it pops up all kind of information.

I found out Gov Deal appointed Azziz by doing a google search.

As I pointed out before, answering rants here doesn't help much. A lot of the people do not read online.

I am wondering if some of the folks don't even use computers much or at all. Probably would be surprised at the amount that do not.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/07/12 - 07:28 am
Ole Joe

Don't be so mean to Joe.....he will be our leader in chief soon..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/07/12 - 07:32 am
Opening act this am...:)

Did we ever tell KSM & Rebel they are funny -----I wonder if they will give a standup routine each & every morning .......:)

Good am CSRA......& bye bye Patch .......sad to say bye to the Patch...but River is right.....turn off the lights Augusta-----shut --er down.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/07/12 - 07:35 am
About google

have you ever googled something & the answer came back....saying

"Are you kidding?"

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/07/12 - 07:38 am
The end of the internet

Yes I have reached the end...& lo & behold there was another add.....

Then I had to start over....funny that end was in Texas......

balloon2008
balloon2008 09/07/12 - 07:58 am
Best man for the job!

Freddie Sanders can win! People need to compare the experience and qualifications. This should be a non partisan race come on Augusta let's make it one.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/07/12 - 07:58 am
Gas Tank Bandits

You talk about dumb clucks.....

A trio of crooks drilled holes in gas tanks of cars to siphon off the gas.....that is what I said...DRILLED with a metal drill....thank goodness they were caught b4 the explosion happened...geeez
Snellville Ga area......not the CSRA..this time..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/07/12 - 08:03 am
Yep I agree balloon

Ck this for info. on the man .....Right Man--Right Time

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/07/12 - 08:25 am
Sorry Friends

I have contracted a very disabling disease called "Lieamericaidist". I felt it coming on about 3 days ago. Lost most of my body functions, vomiting, loose movements, lack of brain PC and Common Sense control and unable to think and speak coherently..My Doctor said there is no medication for it except monitor AC and Fox news and don't move much. He advised me to not make any comment untill all symptoms have passed completely because Sean will no doubt pull the lever of the trap door I'm standing on. I know I will recover and will be back soon. I will just increase my Oxycontin to relieve some of the additional pain I feel, especially for America.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/07/12 - 08:32 am
Just a bad dream Cgee

You can wake up now.....you had a dream.......you just thought you saw the Dems. in convention.......now shake it off----rev up that ole tractor ----put on that holster---and get ready to shoot that theeeeng.

I dreamed last night too.....& it didn't have a dang thing to do with Presidents......or Washington DC..:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/07/12 - 08:41 am
B4

It Was So Real!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/07/12 - 08:47 am
I had a dream

I dreamed last night that the Patch was turned into one of the BEST golf courses around these parts....people came from miles around to play.......
Then ...my bubble burst....the commish didn't see the dream I had....Augusta ya better wake up soon......gift horses don't come around everyday.......you can sink the $$ in studies--college naming--roads to nowhere--stinkholes--- empty spaces---& soon the lights will go out ........

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/07/12 - 09:02 am
Ok now the news..

Drew Peterson was found GUILTY.....about time I say
Alvin Mason can go back to living his life...it is over for now
Delta's oil refinery about to start up
Students will pay 13% more on tech school tuition
Suntrust to liquidate Coke holdings
Ben Bernake refinanced loans....cause of low interest rates...:)
US stock markets SOARED!!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/07/12 - 09:08 am
Song for CGee

Gob has plans for me.....so connie Chung will be signing off for now....

I hope I will like his plans...:)

KSL
KSL 09/07/12 - 11:50 am
Dang, CG

I could have told you not to watch the dem convention and you wouldn't have gotten sick!

KSL
KSL 09/07/12 - 12:17 pm
The dems are the same people,

The dems are the same people, only worse now, who had all of the trouble in 1968 at their convention.

daphne3520
daphne3520 09/07/12 - 12:25 pm
Yeah, WHO reruited and hired Azziz? And for the Ranter about

North Augusta High School: I wonder, WHY did the Aiken County School District pay (las year( for a GPS System for EVERY bus? So the drivers can find their way around? And, while we're at it, WHY does SC Law call for a school bus driver to have and use a seatbelt, but....the students are exempt or forgotten?

KSL
KSL 09/07/12 - 12:39 pm
They have just forgotten

They have just forgotten their stances and try original beliefs. They speak all day long about Bush and his wars. But they are quiet about going into Afghanistan after 9/11. They were not then.

Yeah! Our hero took out Bini L. Bush could not or did not.

Public hearings set on Augusta property tax increase

Homeowners with complaints about the commission's 7-0 vote to raise property taxes by 1.75 mills have the opportunity to air concerns at one of three public hearings.