Missing Augusta teen found

Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012 9:26 AM
Last updated 11:04 PM

The Richmond County Sheriff's Office says a missing teenager has been found.

According to a news release, Sarah Marie Nichols, 18, was located safe and in good health this morning.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 09/06/12 - 11:22 am
Marie Nichols

Please help find this girl dear people - we know what all can happen to our young - report anything that might look like her. Let's help look wherever we can and ask the Lord to get her safely back home!!!

ringmel1968
ringmel1968 09/06/12 - 12:14 pm
Hello! She has been found

Marie,
She has been found alive and well...

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/06/12 - 12:23 pm
Miracles never cease! Now,

Miracles never cease! Now, she has had her 15 minutes of fame! Just hope she uses it well!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/06/12 - 12:26 pm
To Sean and post censors

Why would anyone allow a thumbs down on the first comment? This is a shameful and blatant insult to those who prayed for this young person's safety! If you can't stop the "thumbs down," vote, remove it altogether!

happychimer
happychimer 09/06/12 - 01:01 pm
I don't worry about thumbs

I don't worry about thumbs down.They don't bother me.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/06/12 - 01:11 pm
Jim

No, No, NO, Keep the Downer point. Where do you think I get most of my points. It will come out of the closet someday.

WheresTheFire
WheresTheFire 09/06/12 - 01:26 pm
I swear I almost wish they

I swear I almost wish they would remove the comments option completely. It frustrates and saddens me to see the evidence of some of the insensitive and/or idiotic blank-holes living in this city, such as the thumbs-downer and the person up there with the audacity to make a comment about someone on the Autism spectrum somehow benefitting from the 15 minutes of fame from being missing. I rarely comment because I don't believe in feeding the trolls, but I just couldn't stop myself this time.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/06/12 - 01:47 pm
Welcome

Good to hear from you, WheresTheFire. Happychimer has the best advice – just don't worry or be bothered by yours or someone elses thumbs down clicks. There's always some good information in the comments. Seek it out and enjoy.

happychimer
happychimer 09/06/12 - 01:56 pm
It's the same if someone does

It's the same if someone does not agree with me. It doesn't bother me like it use to. I have my own views, and nothing anyone says can change that. We each are different.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 09/06/12 - 02:40 pm
Sarge....

Could it be that the 'thumbs down' was for the poster who didn't apparently see that the girl had been found?

ringmel1968
ringmel1968 09/06/12 - 03:19 pm
Yes it was

Yes it was No Longer..
She didn't read before she commented.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/06/12 - 03:57 pm
Actually I believe the first

Actually I believe the first commenter made their statement before the original article was updated. The original article was concerning this missing child, then it was updated saying she had been found (either that or there is another article on her missing floating around somewhere, because I read it earlier).

If people would be a little more giving on their expectations and realize people are not perfect. We all make mistakes and sometimes things are not always as they appear. In this case, most likely the first commenter did not make a mistake, timing was the issue, but there is no mistake the thumbs down individual did, and was rather rude about it.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 09/06/12 - 04:22 pm
Thankful

Thankful to read some good news today. Such a relief!

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/06/12 - 04:38 pm
Paul Harvey says.....

Where is the rest of the story?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/06/12 - 06:37 pm
ICL & AL

You both got a downer on real nice respectable comments....This IT is Sick.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/06/12 - 06:40 pm
If You Look Back

everybody got a prize downer except the one where she was found. I wonder if IT just happen to miss that one.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/06/12 - 07:36 pm
CG, I may be a sensitive soul

CG, I may be a sensitive soul but I'm beginning to learn to overlook things. You can't please some people in this world, and I'm just passing through. It'll all come out in the final rinse.

KSL
KSL 09/06/12 - 09:46 pm
CG, some people give me down

CG, some people give me down just because they don't like me. I could be saying his/her comment was the most enlightened, intelligent, and pertinent comment I have ever seen posted.

Just as I could apologize for my part in a misunderstanding between two of us posters that lives on today on one side of the equasion despite the fact that one of us involved in the misunderstanding is dead.

KSL
KSL 09/06/12 - 09:53 pm
The whole thing is very

The whole thing is very cryptic. I am glad she was found, but what are the circumstances behind her being missing?

KSL
KSL 09/06/12 - 10:19 pm
Did she put her friends and

Did she put her friends and family through an ordeal or was she truly at risk? Were precious taxpayer dollars wasted on a belligerent teen or was she truly at risk? I don't have a clue from the article in the AC. Why the secrecy? It was reported that she was 18.

There seem to be a number of posters fearing for her safety as if they had information not reported by the paper.

KSL
KSL 09/06/12 - 11:33 pm
A little local research. She

A little local research. She needs certain drugs. The paper is protective, but a TV station tells it.

I still don't understand why the truth of the cause of the situation wasn't released. It is the taxpayers' money

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/07/12 - 06:24 am
KSL, since the original

KSL, since the original article has been updated to this blip about her being found, no one would know, unless they read the original article, that this young lady had some disabilities that would put her at a greater danger. Just glad she was found safe.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 09/07/12 - 08:58 am
What an incredible relief for

What an incredible relief for her family. Thank you Lord, for her safe return.

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms