Rants & Raves

JUST HOW MANY GOOD people have to resign over this renaming before it’s reconsidered?

I AM BLACK. I DID NOT vote for Richard Roundtree. He can’t control his own taxes. How is he going to control a $50 million budget for Richmond County? You voted for him just because he is black. He is not the best man for the job.

ADD AN APOSTROPHE to Regents ... Georgia Regent’s University. It is clear it is their (belonging to Regents) school, not the citizens, students or faculty.

READING YOUR EDITORIAL page, one would think that you want the new university to be named The University of the Masters Tournament.

I THINK INVITING Condoleezza Rice and Darla Moore to be the women to become members of the Augusta National golf Club is an insult and a slap in the face to the women of Augusta. You have women of both races who are just as important, educated and recognized. The Masters is in Augusta and that is where the selection should have started.

RICHARD ROUNDTREE, if you are elected in November, will you do your job with the same integrity and results-driven zeal as your predecessor? Arrest and hiring practices without thoughts of the color of someone’s skin? If you win, good luck to you and please keep our city safe.

RAVE TO JUDGE Scott Allen. You are a great judge and a fair judge and you have a great sense of humor. Thank you for giving me a second chance. Fair skies now and all is good. God bless you. Have a good one.

IF THE BOARD OF REGENTS is so smart, why did they have to pay more than $40,000 to get a name changed? That money could have saved jobs or been given to the children’s hospital or other needy places. What a waste.

TO ALL THE ATHEISTS out there: Why are you so concerned about our Christian belief in Jesus Christ? We are not interested in your unbelief. Back off and leave us alone. We believe in Jesus Christ and one day when it is too late, you will believe too.

RANT FOR THE Republican Party. If the best we can do is Allen and Anderson to run against Barrow, I’m embarrassed to tell people I’m a Republican.

fishman960
fishman960 09/04/12 - 06:40 pm
Same drivel

Why bother making R&R a top story?

Fools_and_sages
Fools_and_sages 09/04/12 - 06:53 pm
How about being grammatically correct?

To add an apostrophe to Georgia Regents University, you have to add it after the "s" in "Regents" to make it correct. Adding the apostrophe before the "s" indicates the university was created by only one regent, not all of them. Georgia Regents' University is the correct way to blame the name on the entire Board of Regents. Georgia Regent's University blames the name on only of them.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/04/12 - 08:21 pm
Name one Augusta

... woman as nationally well known as Condeleeza Rice. Pleeze, pilgrim!

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/04/12 - 08:23 pm
"READING YOUR EDITORIAL

... page, one would think that you want the new university to be named The University of the Masters Tournament."

Reading this comment, one thinks the poster wasted a lot of money on reading comprehension courses.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/04/12 - 08:28 pm
"JUST HOW MANY GOOD

..people have to resign over this renaming before it’s reconsidered?"

GOOD PEOPLE resigning ain't gonna cut it; there simply needs to be cut loose one lying, manipulative, egomaniac. Then, there can be some progress.

KSL
KSL 09/04/12 - 08:41 pm
Or Darla Moore, for that

Or Darla Moore, for that matter.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 09/04/12 - 08:47 pm
Name change for the Universities

Wasn't it Dr. Azziz that ordered the survey that cost $45,000 to get some sort of result regarding the name change and the Board of Regents did not even know about this expensive undertaking?

KSL
KSL 09/04/12 - 08:57 pm
The ranter obviously has no

The ranter obviously has no real understanding of The Augusta National.

Martinez
Martinez 09/04/12 - 08:58 pm
# 4

Please name a local woman as recognized and accomplished as Condoleezza Rice and Darla Moore! Just one? I am a woman but admittedly disappointed with their decision to begin admitting women. If they did it because it was wanted by their members, I support it however it would seem to me they simply caved to public pressure. As a private organization, it's none of the public's business who they admit. If a sponsor doesn't like it, move on. I am sure there are dozens of others who would welcome the opportunity.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 09/04/12 - 09:39 pm
Admitting women

...was under discussion before, but when the whole Burke fiasco broke, it was put aside until the hysteria ebbed. But once they decided to do it, they couldn't have chosen better.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/04/12 - 09:44 pm
@ Martinez

How about Jan Cross?

Just kidding. :-)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/04/12 - 09:49 pm
#2. Thank you for being

#2. Thank you for being "real". The sooner people see past color, religion, and those other things that blind people to truth; the better off we will all be.

#5. How many recent male members (meaning members invited after AGNC became an icon) do you reckon are from Augusta?

#9. Good point, but it does cut both ways. I call it live and let live. If another's way of living will send them to hell in your opinion, it ain't your business unless they are doing something to harm you personally. Let God sort it out.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/04/12 - 09:58 pm
dstewartsr

I agree about Martha Burke. This thing would have happened before now, but they had to let an appropriate amount of time pass to prove she had nothing to do with it.

Martinez, I am not disappointed and I don't think they caved. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is anything in the charter that says male only. It has just taken this long to find women that fit the very discriminating criteria needed to be invited. I think it is a natural evolution whose time came. (10 years later than it should have because of Burke)

harley_52
harley_52 09/04/12 - 09:53 pm
I Heard...

....KSL and Willow Bailey were on the short list.

Jake
Jake 09/04/12 - 09:56 pm
Augusta National Woman Member

I can think of one local woman who would more than fit in with the standards that were set by founding member Bobby Jones when he and Cliff Roberts created the Augusta National. That would be Lee Hammett. Her love for Augusta, the National and her devotion to golf is unsurpassed in the area.

KSL
KSL 09/04/12 - 10:26 pm
Right, it'sanother. Bob

Right, it'sanother. Bob Jones (as he preferred to be called), grew up together with two of my husband's families, his father's and his uncle's.

KSL
KSL 09/04/12 - 10:59 pm
And I am certain that Jake

And I am certain that Jake will remind the residents of Augusta that neither Bob Jones nor
Cliff Roberts were from Augusta.

KSL
KSL 09/04/12 - 11:02 pm
I have lived here since 69.

I have lived here since 69. Never heard of her, Jake.

KSL
KSL 09/04/12 - 11:07 pm
But I do remember seeing the

But I do remember seeing the fire in the sky of parts of downtown Augusta burning from Aiken.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 09/05/12 - 05:42 am
2 great choices

I think the National made 2 good choices.......how many men are from the Augusta area btw....just saying...

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 09/05/12 - 05:46 am
seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 09/05/12 - 05:57 am
seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 09/05/12 - 06:12 am
AC

This is dribble r/rs....repeats ....can't yall do better?

We can come up with better material.....I mean really.....I'm almost thinking why not go back to bed but this strong coffee is working now so I'm stuck & also sweetson told me to keep posting (something like that :))

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/05/12 - 06:36 am
RANT FOR THE Republican

I am embarrassed for you to tell people that you are a Republican too. It would have been Allen OR Anderson before the run-off. Now it is just Anderson.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/05/12 - 06:37 am
Good Morning Everybody

Good Morning Everybody

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/05/12 - 06:43 am
Like KSL said about the lack

Like KSL said about the lack of understanding of the Augusta National, it's interesting to see R and R's that sometimes demonstrate humorous views because they don't quite get IT.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 09/05/12 - 06:43 am
Good am RKill

Welll I missed most of the convention last night....had plans to watch some but the ole bode had different plans...like sleeping..heh.....I do think it is interesting that both parties are having the conventions in the SOUTH....heh....they don't think much about us when they are making the dang laws...

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/05/12 - 06:45 am
Democratic Convention

I didn't watch much of it, but from the looks of the audience, I wouldn't carry too much cash or wear an expensive watch around them.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/05/12 - 06:48 am
It's kind of like the local

It's kind of like the local election. We didn't see Republicans passing out fried chicken for votes and promising a car for votes. Those people at the Democratic Convention are definitely looking for fried chicken.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 09/05/12 - 06:50 am
R/Rs

Actually I think we need 2 sets of r/rs.....one that starts at 430am for the early birds & the other at night for the late birds....we could have a contest of sorts......just to see which birds get the most posts--funnies-attention from readers & etc........sometimes the night birds seem just a tad on the tipsey side......loose as a goose...hahaha