Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A RANT FOR THE Richmond County Board of Education. The board allowed schools to open when the board had not even named principals or assistant principals.

WHY DOESN’T DR. AZZIZ just go ahead and admit that he has already ordered the new signs, stationery, etc., for Regents and can’t go back now?

MR. HOTCHKISS rightfully describes the Board of Regents as having “arrogant audacity.” (Azziz, also.) Such arrogance is enough in itself to fire every one of those people, except for the one who voted against the Regents University name.

IT MIGHT BE TIME TO rename our school district from Richmond County to Titanic because we are going down fast.

APPARENTLY, EMORY University has fudged some figures to make itself look hifalutin. Read any alumni magazine for many years and you’ll find a cheerleader magazine. As for this only coming out after the figure fudgers are all retired, hmmmm.

TRUE, GOD IS HAPPY to see you in his home whether you are wearing an evening gown, Bermuda shorts or even naked. The reality is that dress codes are part of our society and there is a time and place to show off your backsides, plunging necklines and midriffs, such as at the club, a party, or the beach. Have some class – if you can dress decently for work or school, you can cover it up for church.

CONDI RICE HAD no problem recognizing where Augusta National golf course is located. Dr. Azziz, don’t insult us to say Augusta has no national recognition. We have worldwide recognition.

THIS IS A RANT to the Richmond County Board of Education. If board members are so worried about the graduation of their students, maybe they need to talk to some of their teachers. I know for a fact that some of them are changing student grades so that the student will pass that class.

WHEN IS SOMEONE going to do something about people smoking out in Flowing Wells Road? It would be one thing if they were standing in the grass, but it’s a different thing when they’re out in the road.

Comments (92)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/12 - 07:30 pm

The r/r said...

CONDI RICE HAD no problem recognizing where Augusta National golf course is located. Dr. Azziz, don’t insult us to say Augusta has no national recognition. We have worldwide recognition!

I'm very proud that she is part of the National ......she was a true lady at the convention..congrats dear lady.

Sweet son
Sweet son 08/31/12 - 07:34 pm

First Comment!

Good morning to all of you friends who comment early. I can't seem to get up early enough to join the AM banter. Still looking forward to going to Cobalt's beach house complete with nude beach so I can check out Seenit on the beach and on the ping pong table. LOL!

Sweet son
Sweet son 08/31/12 - 07:35 pm

Dern!

I went back to edit and Seenitb4 jumped in while I was gone!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/12 - 07:36 pm

hahah

At least I can go to bed with a good laugh sweetson......:)

I don't think any of us are spring chickens ..haha....
Maybe KSM is still a chick...:)

goodnight & I'm laughing---thanks...

Sweet son
Sweet son 08/31/12 - 07:38 pm

Hottest Topic of the Day!

Peebles lukewarm support of Roundtree! Up to 50 comments which I did not read!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/12 - 07:38 pm

Yeh

A few of youse guys in au naturale will be cute..:)

Lordy lordy.....goodnight

Sweet son
Sweet son 08/31/12 - 07:41 pm

Glad it was worthy of a laugh!

I think I hear the Queen calling! Nite! Like I said I don't have a bathing suit that fits! Done now; no more!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/31/12 - 07:55 pm

George did it again

I really didn't think a former President had that kind of power. But at least he waited until the storm was pretty much over before he had them set the charges. Or maybe the Emperor was taking notes when Katrina hit.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/31/12 - 08:20 pm

George Did It Again

RK, saw this and said, Oh Hell, what did I do now.

Felt better after I read it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/31/12 - 08:31 pm

This was a comment made by

This was a comment made by Rant 7 yesterday.

The majority of your staffers graduated from hometown high schools and colleges. They are the product of local education.

So many are complaining about the level of education in Richmond County. That comment may be closer to Home Base than you think.

There is no way you can cook a raving good meal, if you use poorly grown vegetables and low quality meat.

I am only saying that this could be part of the problem but not in all cases.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 08/31/12 - 08:44 pm

Ya can't push start a snake

... and the same goes for pushing children to learn whose parents will not discipline them, a school system that cannot discipline them, and who see no immediate reward in education. I'm surprised they manage to test them.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/31/12 - 08:54 pm

What Do You Think dstewartsr

if we did away with the Government Department of Education, Hire some old fashion school teachers and get some Clint Eastwood type Principals, do you think there would be an improvement in the education of our children?

Jake
Jake 08/31/12 - 09:04 pm

Nude

Does anyone really want to see people, including myself, who are over 60 nude? I really don't mind if the conditions are right but my experience is that nudity at our age should be in an intimate setting behind closed doors. I have seen nude beaches here in the Bay Area and for the most part most of the ones with their clothes off would look better if they had them on.
Of course I realize that the nude posts are in jest which I think is fine. I guess I am old fashioned.
That being said and being a heterosexual male, there is nothing more sensual than the female form with their soft, warm skin, beautiful neck line, shoulders, etc. The catch is they know our weakness and sometimes exploit us. I have had many good times being exploited.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/12 - 09:20 pm

To Rebel

I'm glad I checked in B4 going to bed....you put a very powerful post on the SP thread about Rtree for Sheriff...VERY HONEST from your heart....I'm posting this here because more will see it....thank you....

And Jake --you are sooo right ....over 60s look a sight better with clothes..heh heh

goodnight again folks...

Martinez
Martinez 09/01/12 - 12:14 am

Clint Eastwood, an Educator?

Seriously? After his performance the other night, I'm not sure if he's qualified to manage a flea circus. I'd rather my child learn family values from Bill Clinton, spelling/language arts from George W. Bush and geography from Sarah Palin :-)

KSL
KSL 09/01/12 - 01:04 am

Like sarcasm, subtleties can

Like sarcasm, subtleties can go unrecognized

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/01/12 - 05:45 am

Kudos to Clint Eastwood

He had the audience roaring, MSNBC ranting and Hollywood mad. I mean this man is an American icon. Presidents quote his lines from movies.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/01/12 - 07:30 am

Conservatives quote Clint

Conservatives quote Clint Eastwood, Obama quotes Lady Gaga (seriously).

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/01/12 - 07:48 am

Athens bound

Go Dawgs!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/01/12 - 08:05 am

More good news

In just a couple of hours I will finally be...

The boss called yesterday afternoon with a load from Atlanta to Jakes corner of the country. Not a bad start at all.

Martinez
Martinez 09/01/12 - 08:18 am

Divisiveness and Party Politics

The divisiveness of BOTH parties in recent years and especially this campaign is repugnant. Anyone who chooses a candidate based on celebrity endorsements, media pundits, fear mongering, local community opinion majority, vague undefined future promises etc is taking for granted their rights and obligations as an American citizen. Both parties are pandering to the extremes, extreme right and extreme left. If your beliefs lie somewhere in the middle, you as expected to choose a side. Don’t let the pressures of a single issue push you into one corner or the other. Tune out the TV, radio, friends, neighbors, church members and do your own research. Decide what are your top 5 concerns in this election, then research both candidate records and detailed plans, if available, to see which one appeals to you most. Whether Romney or Obama, vote for yourself. Anyone who criticizes you or personally attacks you because of your choice is simply part of the problem today. The notion that everyone in one party is rich, poor, educated, uneducated, informed, uninformed, Christian, non-Christian is ignorant and does nothing more then perpetuate divisiveness.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/01/12 - 08:47 am

Past

"True History" should be your deciding factor when you vote.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/01/12 - 08:53 am

That's a long haul

That's a long haul RK......safe travels!

Willow Bailey
20240
Willow Bailey 09/01/12 - 09:02 am

Congrats RK. Praying for your

Congrats RK. Praying for your trip. Honk, honk!

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/01/12 - 09:02 am

In response to rant #7, first

In response to rant #7, first you say God is happy no matter what you wear to his house and that’s true, then complain about showing your backsides, plunging necklines and midriffs. Unless I miss other comments, I think the original complaint about church attire was concerning shorts and flip-flops, not exposed backsides, necklines, or bellies…..but like I said, I could have missed some of the conversation. Guess it’s like you said….”it’s part of our society” and I’m sure God is just happy they have come to visit with Him. If it offends you that much, lend the sister (cause it doesn’t appear we are taking about men folk) a shawl with a smile and a hug and tell her how nice it is to have her in the house of the Lord.

Trouble
Trouble 09/01/12 - 09:34 am

seenit

come help me push this darn truck this time, i think it just might move......

anyone else out there that wishes to help is more that welcome to come along, let us all get together to get that darn truck out of beech island, with rk behind the wheel.....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/01/12 - 09:40 am

OK folks

This is my last one for a little while. Seenit, be nice. KSM, try to control seenit. CG, Jake, and Sarge just be yourselves. Trouble, I guess the name says it all. RM, ICL, WB and the rest thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/01/12 - 09:46 am

Here ya go trouble..

Toby & big ol truck--hehe heh ..what more could you ask for..:)

No fun in being nice RK...but I'll try.......much going on today---right here.....so will see yall later......have a great one!

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 09/01/12 - 09:59 am

Out of control & my mind ...

RK if I supervise SeenIt, then who is going to control me? Lol

Sweet son
Sweet son 09/01/12 - 10:02 am

Yes Jake.........

the nude posts are in jest but with a little imagination this is mine and Seenit's theme!! Also guys I thought about RK and Jerry Reed's song "Eastbound and Down." Trouble is RK is going the other way!

Preetorius gets 24-year prison sentence for real estate fraud scheme

U.S. District Court Judge J. Randal Hall sentenced Regina Preetorius, 47, to the near maximum possible, finding that the extent of financial damage she left in her wake by 2008 devastated those ...