Rants & Raves

THIS IS A RAVE FOR Rick McKee. He made it on the national stage with one of his wonderful cartoons published in USA Today. So as much as we love him, the nation loves him.

THIS IS NEITHER a rant nor a rave, but I’ve got a great idea. They ought to turn Kmart in West Town into a Hamrick’s like the one they have in North Augusta.

WHEN WE ACCIDENTALLY kill Afghans, the whole country over there goes ape. But when their police officers, sworn police officers, shoot and kill Americans, they don’t even offer an apology. Something is wrong. Mr. President, get us out of there immediately.

DON’T WORRY, AUGUS­TA. Our great God is in control. We don’t like GRU, but it is happening for a reason, Dr. Azziz is here for a reason, and Roundtree might be our next sheriff for a reason. Honestly, we should be excited for big things in the future for this little river town.

I WAS DRIVING ON Gibbs Road and crossing Hereford Farm Road when my car broke down. I was stuck in the middle of the road when a wonderful man who was with his wife and children stopped to push and help me off the road. He said he would not leave me alone until someone came. We all thanked him, but I wish I had asked his name so at least I could do a little something for him. He was just amazing. I hope he will see this.

RANTS TO THE Rich­mond County Board of Education. You obviously do not know your student population.

RANTS TO RICHMOND County school board member Frank Dolan, who wants to blame the teachers for Richmond County’s low test scores. The majority of your staffers graduated from hometown high schools and colleges. They are the product of local education. The board shies away from hiring teachers from out of state – they would not put up with the foolishness that goes on here.

I WISH THE Depart­ment of Natural Resources would patrol the Savannah River on weekends. People on personal watercraft and wakeboards ignore the boat ramp wake zones and marina wake zones. They are a hazard.

WHY CAN’T 20 TO 30 people win the lottery instead of only one or two? It seems like a scam to me. It seems like a huge computer waits until after the drawing before it picks one winner. Who is to know?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/30/12 - 06:45 pm
"WHEN WE ACCIDENTALLY kill Afghans"

... our government cuts them a check larger than a GI's life insurance. When their police and army murder our men, The Obamessiah apologizes to them.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/30/12 - 06:49 pm
Rick McKee

... has been featured in USA Today a number of times; his wry sense of humour is universally appealing- even if his slant isn't usual to their political taste.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 08/30/12 - 08:42 pm
I like ASMU. Azzizsta State

I like ASMU. Azzizsta State & Medical University; much more to the point, don't you think?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/30/12 - 09:40 pm
AC

Please, oh Please tell me how in the heck Rant 9 made it to print.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 08/30/12 - 09:59 pm
I agree, CG. My favorite

I agree, CG. My favorite line..." It seems like a huge computer waits until after the drawing before it picks one winner." Huh?

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 08/30/12 - 10:02 pm
I have a better idea for

I have a better idea for Ranter/Idea #2, how about we pass on the Hamrick's store and make it a Pottery Barn...www.potterybarn.com

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 08/30/12 - 11:09 pm
A few days ago the Marines

A few days ago the Marines that burned those korans were charged by the military and the military blamed for them for causing the afgan police students to kill our soldiers. I really really really hate this. Why do they always use our soldiers as fall guys? Why are we still in afganistan anyway, obl is dead and wasn't there in the first place? Why are we still in GTMO? I thought we hussain was closing it on his first day in office.

rebellious
20916
rebellious 08/30/12 - 11:14 pm
Just for fun.

#1 Go Rick
#2 Where is Samantha Stevens when you need her?
#3 I once knitted an Afghan, but have never killed one.
#4 To everything there is a season, Turn turn Turn
#5 The man and his family just ate at chick fila and are probablt homophobic
#6 Huh?
#7 Um, who takes the tests? The student, so low scores are on them.
#8 Boats don't kill people, people kill people.....with guns
#9 I agree. They should do something like have random balls with numbers on them be blown out of a container into a little tube, then have a boot wearing Indian call them out excitedly into a microphone. Heck, put it on TV, like at 11:00 p.m. right before the news. Now that would be fair

Tullie
Tullie 08/31/12 - 03:29 am
#9

Well, of course it has to be a really huge computer..it is the lottery folks. I mean really, it could not be a little ole computer that waits until after the drawing before it picks one winner. They are right, who is to know? After all, we don't know? Do we?

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/31/12 - 06:12 am
CGEE, you questioned why they

CGEE, you questioned why they posted the "huge computer" rant? Come on, man...that's one of the best ever. Can't you see this person constantly losing the lottery and getting more and more ticked?

southern
southern 08/31/12 - 06:54 am
Patrol the water

You actually think that any Government Entity are going to the job we pay them to do? On a weekend?? LOL Foolish

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/31/12 - 06:54 am
Common Sense

I sort of live on common sense and after reading 9 three times, I just couldn't find any, so I just had to make a comment.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/31/12 - 06:59 am
@7

You answered your own Rant.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/31/12 - 07:04 am
@3

Do you really think that we have a president who has any feelings for our troops in the military especially those dodging bullets?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/31/12 - 08:26 am
I Hope

I didn't scare everybody away. Even my TSD isn't reacting!

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/31/12 - 08:27 am
CG could you point that muzzle

a little more to the right. It is akin to the Jesus paintings that follow you around the room. LOL

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/31/12 - 08:36 am
I'm here now CG

But not for long. Gotta go camp at the VA and HOPEFULLY get the results of the tests I had yesterday. Then take them to the DOT doc and get my medical card reinstated.

Now, everybody thank a LEO today. I see rants week after week complaining about cops in the area. Either thank them for what they do or YOU put the badge on and take a chance with you life on every call.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/31/12 - 08:39 am
Can you imagine

The Emperor wanting to get re-elected. Just look at the mess he will inherit.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/31/12 - 09:06 am
I just watched a replay of

I just watched a replay of Clint Eastwoods' speech last night. I will admit it was a little rambling but he was speaking without the use of a teleprompter or notes. The Emperor it seems can't even greet a crowd with out reading from the 'prompter.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/12 - 10:10 am
Clint

We all will ramble one day ---forget the words--slouch over---look our age----so I can give the ole Clint some slack.....he was great in his day....his movies were fantastic......in fact I feel his age today......so I say WAY TO GO CLINT.....now go get some bad guys..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/12 - 10:28 am
About Peebles endorsing Rtree

Are we about to see some behind the scene mechanics come to the forefront......hahha....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/31/12 - 10:38 am
RK

Guess what, I beat you by 5 weeks on filing keystrokes here on the AC.

You have 3 years 22 wks and I have 3 years 27 wks. That is why I have more downer points than you.......I research the craziest things, don't I?

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/31/12 - 10:47 am
Happy Labor Day weekend

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone ... AND SEENIT!!! lol

The more I see around the CSRA the more I want to pack it all up and move to the some beach, somewhere. Walk out my back door into the white sand any time I want to ... salt air ... ocean breeze ... cold beer in hand :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/12 - 10:57 am
Haha KSM

I think I know how you feel this am.....i feel kinda poorly--middling--like the oldsters said......fair to middling .....

Yes I bet the beach is pretty right now...Destin especially......fresh seafood & cool breezes....if only we could get CGee to buy a beach house down their for us...why won't he!!!
He needs to stop sitting on that money & put us in a nice beachfront complex...:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/31/12 - 11:01 am
OK B4

but it will be only a "NUDES Only Beach" withPing Pong tables.

Sweet son
Sweet son 08/31/12 - 11:10 am
Hey CGEE

Since we have made up can I come to your beach and beach house? I don't own a bathing suit that will fit so I am set on beach wear. You must make sure that you invite all of the comment "Babes."

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/31/12 - 11:17 am
Sweet Son

When you come I will insure Ping Pong Table is reserved just for you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/12 - 11:27 am
hahah

As long as I don't get the ping all over my pong.....:)

We females might be at a little disadvantage playing any kind of ball with yall........we have those flippers up top to deal with...:)

Sweet son
Sweet son 08/31/12 - 11:45 am
Laughing my Tail Off!

You guys ain't right but guess what? I fit right in! I am sure the last two comments have given me the best laugh that I will have for a couple of days. I loved it!!! @Seenitb4 maybe you can use the flippers as a second paddle when you miss with the first! This is just too good!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/31/12 - 11:53 am
I'm wondering now about the sheriffs race..:)

like ole Webb sings--wondering wondering....

Will SP now go out & work for RTree...putting up signs & etc..
Will the devout folks pushing for SP now switch to Rtree
Will the money flow for Rtree like it did for SP
Will everyone keep their job or get promoted
Will it be chicken again or lobster
Will the long white car appear in any commercial
Will we see big tv spots about SP praising Rtree

I told yall this will be interesting right to the end...weel it is:)

sweetson I'm glad we can make you laugh......makes you live longer yaknow------now I have to exit this stage ---seeya later....playboys:)