Rants & Raves

GENTLEMEN: You should know that I have never in my 80-year lifetime written to a newspaper to protest something. I feel that the time has come for me to change that. Perhaps Mr. Azziz should offer to repay our citizens the $45,000 he stole from us for a survey, the results of which he not only ignored but also failed to share with the Board of Regents.

WHAT’S IN A NAME? Everything! He should be ashamed.

NIX THE GRU name and let us give credit where credit is due: Ricky’s Ed U Mart.

I AGREE WITH Publish­er Morris about this terrible name for Augusta State and GHSU. The Board of Regents is not listening to the people. Our voices have not been heard by the Board of Regents!

AZZIZ BELIEVES Augus­ta is “not cool.” So his opinion of Georgia can’t be far behind. He wants to preside over a global university.

I THINK AZZIZ brought earplugs for all administration when he came, or either had a hypnotist come in. When concerns are voiced, everyone just shakes their heads, but no one is doing anything about it!

DR. AZZIZ, you continue to insult the people of Augusta by stating that the GRU name is final and there is no time to reconsider. Augustans, take your passion directly to the University System of Georgia’s Board of Regents.

HOW COULD ANYONE be surprised at the pompousness of Azziz over the GHSU-ASU naming controversy?

HEY, WHO IS THE individual who first dragged Azziz into the Augusta area and gave him a job and forced him on the people? Somebody is guilty and should be named.

AZZIZ SAYS getting used to the latest renaming of MCG “will be a 10- to 20-year process …” This is the standard operating procedure of both Azziz and Obama. Say something absurd and then claim the absurdity will work out great, but it’ll take decades.

RANT FOR THE ASU/MCG name change. Dr. Azziz should have revealed his true first choice – Science College of Re­gents Unified Uni­versity, otherwise none as SCRU-U. Now that’s cool! Azziz has to go!

Jake
Jake 08/28/12 - 08:48 pm
Getting old

I long for the days of the "end of the year teacher gift" rants. I think everyone is aware of the naming controversy and surely there has to be more going on in Augusta to rant and rave about than this.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/28/12 - 09:45 pm
Honorable Official, I Politely Remind You

The article says Dr. Azziz is on a Confucian-Chinese quest, but I’d like to remind him of one of the main Confucian tenets. It encourages honoring ancestors and various social and political institutions. Confucius said this concept originated through the actions of wise leaders in human history. Dishonoring the names of our institutions requires more thought, most wise leader. (Bowing Deeply and Out)

KSL
KSL 08/28/12 - 09:52 pm
But we still have freedom of

But we still have freedom of speech. No matter how tired we get of a topic, people still have the right to express their opinions. I get tired of both sides of the tired rhetotic.

KSL
KSL 08/29/12 - 12:21 am
I never tire f their right to

I never tire of their right to say it. It bores me because it it is old news, I skip over it.

KSL
KSL 08/28/12 - 11:16 pm
Reb

Quick, change your spelling. I got a nasty note for spelling his name with "s " and not "z " I didn't do it. My spellchecker did after posting. If you don't have a problem, then I have a real problem with the Chronicle.

KSL
KSL 08/28/12 - 11:23 pm
Azziz is used to the west

Azziz is used to the west coast, but we don't actually know just how used to America he is.

KSL
KSL 08/28/12 - 11:27 pm
Or Americans.

Or Americans.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/28/12 - 11:43 pm
Don't Give Up

KSL posted:

I get tired of both sides of the tired rhetoric.

That is exactly what Azziz is counting on. We must persevere in our protest.

KSL
KSL 08/29/12 - 12:25 am
I have no intention of giving

I have no intention of giving up, Skipping over reading the junk doesn' mean I will give up on it. It just means I can scan it and pass on.

Some would say it it none of my business. My regent hometown friend appreciated the ancillary info I was able to give him and promised to look in to. Anything anyone wants to pass along to me will me passed on to him with annonimity.

KSL
KSL 08/29/12 - 12:12 am
He has already promised to

He has already promised to look into matters I was told about by reading here and speaking with friends.

Trouble
Trouble 08/29/12 - 05:20 am
jake

we have tried submitting other rants, they wont print them.......that being said, i agree that the name thing should be kept in the public eye, but couldnt that be done (just for one day) in some other area of the paper?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/29/12 - 05:23 am
Mornin everybody

Just thought I'd stop in and read the same old Aiziz has to go, I hate the name , blah, blah , blah. Goodness I'm tired of hearing about it but I must admit that the name has to be the worst one out of all the ones that could have been selected from.
People are going to start calling it Georgia Rejects University.

justputtin
justputtin 08/29/12 - 06:47 am
Call the Gov

Call and email the Governor. I'm with you Rebelious, well said.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/29/12 - 07:30 am
This is the SOUTH

Yep.....some won't know what hitem....we uncool folks don't EVER give up!!

He ain't gonna change Stone Moutain.....or Tobacco Rd.......someone needs to take him fishing & give him some ole fashioned moonshine....:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/29/12 - 07:34 am
Name Game, Banana Song

About continuing our Name Game, Banana Song, battle, I say let's keep at it. Success is usually a matter of hanging on until the other side gives up.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/29/12 - 07:53 am
Yeh RM

We females know how good you guys are with that game...

Good am CSRA.....I do wish we had something else on the agenda.....don't we??.....The dang convention hasn't given me goose bumps yet....I'm waiting.....maybe Ryan can help .....not sure though.....then it hit me...THAT IS what the Rep. side needs.....more OOMPH---MORE GLITTER---more sparkle........we need a Rep. George Clooney---where is Toby Keith right now.........why didn't those handlers get ole Toby to stir this crowd.....dang..

Better than those vjs walking around in pink suits...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/29/12 - 07:58 am
Give me some confucius

An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger.
Confucius

Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire.
Confucius

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.
Confucius

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Confucius

He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.
Confucius

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/29/12 - 07:58 am
Nikki Haley looked striking

Nikki Haley looked striking and gave a great speech. I sure wish I had been in one of those hotel bars where those guys claimed they got to know her. I wouldn't have told even if she ended up president.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/29/12 - 08:01 am
SeenIt, it's impossible to

SeenIt, it's impossible to mix Confucius and country music. On second thought, you can probably and WILL do it.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/29/12 - 08:02 am
I agree

that rants about the name change are getting old. But I also see Mr. Morris point in keeping it in the news. He seems to be the only person with any type of power really fighting Dr Azizz.

Trouble
Trouble 08/29/12 - 08:07 am
ok, so most of us are in agreement

keep the name change rants, but give us one or two each day that are about something else...

Trouble
Trouble 08/29/12 - 08:10 am
vagina costumes

how in the world do you have a slogan like "hands off my vagina" when you are nothing but a huge vagina and you are throwing yourself at everyone in sight?

i just love these classy ladies.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/29/12 - 08:29 am
Rep. convention

I just hope we don't have any drunks on the Rep side getting tipsey & putting on those "p*nis" suits & just making a complete fool out of us........well we do have some nice-young-strong-good looking men coming up in the party.......maybe they can get tipsey & act crazy....I think I might be able to "handle" that---hahhaheheh....:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/29/12 - 08:33 am
Chris Christie's diet is not

Chris Christie's diet is not working. He's getting bigger, but you have to love him. What a speaker. He speaks from the heart and that just hits the right spot.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/29/12 - 08:38 am
Ad Copy

Okay, in today's online Chronicle there is an ad for East Georgia State College. Here is verbatim copy from that ad:

A college degree for East Georgia State College doesn't just mean you get a sheet of paper and a funny hat. It means a better job, a better salary and ultimately, a better life for you.

Did you get that — A college degree for East Georgia State College?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/29/12 - 08:44 am
Tullie
Tullie 08/29/12 - 08:48 am
GRU stuff

Problem is the printed paper needs to tell folks to call Gov Deal. If the folks that get the printed paper don't read online, they don't see all these comments.

They don't know what to do. Not everyone uses a computer or has access to one. I know it is hard to believe.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/29/12 - 08:49 am
Charisma

That is what Chris Christie has......Mayor Maynard Jackson had it too...& lots of it...
I was in a restaurant in N Ga one day & Mayor Jackson walked in....he lit up the whole place----everyone watched every move he made & he responded in kindness & grace......a great personality & so likeable....funny how some have that brightness about them.....Clinton has it too.....
Yall might not see this yet but Rtree has it & thank goodness Freddie does too.....might be why this race is soooo interesting..

TannerManor
TannerManor 08/29/12 - 08:55 am
Confucius say, "He who sit on

Confucius say, "He who sit on hot stove - better off."

Sounds apt for Dr. Azziz.

And "Ricky's Ed U Mart"? Now that's funny right there!