Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHY IS IT THAT ON the day of the big-print complaining headlines about the name, no one noticed the small-print announcing that the Regents voted $45 million for another cancer research building? Let’s don’t bite the hand that feeds us.

I AM AGAINST the name.

A REMODELING JOB at the municipal building “has outgrown its budgeted money”? Spend what you ain’t got; that’s standard operating procedure in modern government, at all levels.

WHO CAN BLAME Azziz for not wanting the name “Augusta” in the university’s name? Perhaps he is trying to escape the crime- and welfare-ridden image this town has.

BE CAREFUL. By naming it Regents University, they are setting it up to be transferred to UGA, something they have wanted for many years. I congratulate Mr. Morris for his determination in this matter of principle.

THE ULTIMATE PLAN is for most of MCG to be moved to Athens. This little name change ploy by the regents to create a whole lot of anger and dissension is just the tip of that spear. Augusta gets to keep the new dental school and ASU. University Hospital and/or the VA get the old hospital buildings.

BRAVO TO THE TWO men who saved those 2-year-old twins. Big RANT against the mother who left them so long there to donate blood.

RICARDO AZZIZ, WE urge you to resign. You’ve been nothing but a disappointment to this community. Please. Go back to California where you belong. This community will not accept your filthy politics and behind-the-scenes maneuvering.

HOW ABOUT WE FLOOD the SAC with our protests of GRU since Azziz notes that they need to approve the name? And great Morris editorial on the front page! Way to go, Mr. Morris!

I AM FROM THE UK. My family and friends there have most certainly heard of Augusta, Ga. The name Regents sounds like a retirement community in Florida.

I WOULD BE PROUD to attend the University of Augusta. I’m not ready for Regents yet.

A RANT TO DR. Ricardo Azziz. This man should be fired – he took a $45,000 poll and basically hid the results from the Board of Regents and on top of that he shunned the results of the locals in our area.

Comments (95)

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 08/27/12 - 07:44 pm

Get a clue

... the mean girls club that is the regents and the people who appointed them don't give a rat's hat what you think, peasant.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 08/27/12 - 07:52 pm

I see from the real, not GRU, news

... a group from the 'religion of peace' was proselytizing this weekend by beheading seventeen people who were (gasp!) dancing at a wedding. These are what liberals presumably call moderates, upholding their cultural heritage; good thing they're not extremists with signs picketing killing babies.

Got it.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/27/12 - 07:57 pm

Mr Emperor

Are you really going to let another hurricane hit New Orleans?

Jake
Jake 08/27/12 - 09:00 pm

Sheesh

Talk about beating a dead horse. Maybe in another hundred years the new university name will be designated to the same arena as the Civil War in terms of griping. By then only the descendants of the current complainants will be around and hardly anyone will actually care. Who knows? Maybe the name will have already been changed by then to Barack Obama University which will surely bring to light a lot of unexplained open caskets and zombie like folks walking the streets with "Don't Tread On Me" and "What, Me Worry?" tee-shirts on.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 10:14 pm

How About That Folks

A price tags has been placed on the name of "Augusta"

Where does you heart stand now.....Augusta or Cancer ....Name or Money.

Yep, "As Augusta Turns" Great name!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 10:23 pm

I Can See One Thing..

This DR. Ricardo Azziz is more popular than the King SMNCICBHO.

12 R&R's, he has 10 and the King Nothing. I guess he can do more good things than the so called POTUS. Why to go Americans!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 10:31 pm

I Have Figured It out.

The TSD is not one of us. If he/she was, there would be someone on here that has more point than I do. Count the downers for one day and compare them with anyone posted for that day. Nobody gained that many points.

Remember, when the point system was implemented, we were informed the the AC could raise or lower the points given. We have a behind the AC wall TSD.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 10:42 pm

The Only Other Possibility

is, there is a paying gutless Liberal Shadow who only gives True Americans downers and will not post to hide his identity.

Jake
Jake 08/27/12 - 10:52 pm

@CG

You know, there is a poster who rarely posts, I think it is "dsb" or "dwb" with a number after, or something like that, and they have a tremendous amount of points based on how little they post.
This whole points thing just seems to be bogus to me. When it started, I was racking up points like you wouldn't believe by just doing the things I do now. Except now the points are hard to earn. To quote one of my friends (Tots), "Whatever!".
Augusta is a nice place for me to go back to for many reasons. I know, sometimes I am critical of the place but then, again, I am critical of many things I like. It's my nature. I will be back, though, in the first week of October for the Westobou Festival (Maceo Parker & Fred Wesley) and hope to see some of you at that time. Augusta in October is a beautiful time to visit.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 11:00 pm

Jake

I definitely want to meet you the next time you are in town.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 11:09 pm

Well

I want to thank whomever it is for 80% of my points. Look, I gained 5 in less than 20 minutes.

I go back to my original thought, It is someone that knows me.

Jake
Jake 08/27/12 - 11:09 pm

CG

Done deal my friend and Sarge is also on my radar. I have been wanting to see your place since I have first heard about it. I saw our departed friend usafvet's place last year with Tots and Doc and your place has always intrigued me.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 11:12 pm

Bruce and Angel where great friends and they had a heavenly place.

countyman
countyman 08/28/12 - 03:55 am

West Augusta, Aiken, Evans, and now South Augusta

Five guys is coming to South Augusta very soon, and will open in the Colony Plaza on Windsor Spring rd...

The new Waffle House is under construction on Tobacco rd next to the Pizza Hut... Hopefully after the I-520 construction is over the long awaited Target, Chick Fil A, etc shopping plaza can break ground soon.. Denny's is suppose to open an 24 hr restaurant on Peach Orchard rd...

(Farris Interior Installations; Kroger, 2801 Washington Road, Augusta; renovations, $225,000) I saw this commercial permit in the Chronicle, and it's probably related to the information I've commented on before ..

I've also heard Made in Japan 'Teriyaki Experience' and Carrabba's is coming to Augusta... The second Carrabba's would have to located a few miles away from Washington rd.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 11:20 pm

countyman

all I can say is, with all the Augusta and Richmond county businesses you have established in the past year, there should be nobody unemployed in that area.

countyman
countyman 08/27/12 - 11:29 pm

I was the first to mention

I was the first to mention the new ALDI underway on I-520/Bobby Jones in Martinez.. I've commented on the Steak & Shake opening along Jimmie Dyess(Grovetown address but not in the city limits), and the Applebees coming to the Gateway in Grovetown...

I've mention all kinds developments from around the metro/CSRA including the Sams/Fresh Market going to Aiken..

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/28/12 - 05:34 am

Steak and Shake

adds about 150 jobs. That would be 10 shifts working less than 40 hours a week and no benefits?

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/28/12 - 06:50 am

CGee

Don't ya worry your pretty little head about downers....you know we have your back....& I think you are leading in points all the time.....I think it is time for AC to put up or you know what...about the point thingy!!
Maybe they will give you a new TRUCK! Grill---car---meals for free----vacation ------what is the DANG prize AC???

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/28/12 - 06:52 am

CGee

Hold out for Masters tickets......the big boy can find those...:)

Trouble
Trouble 08/28/12 - 07:37 am

morning all

if there is a reward for being a poster for the longest time with the lowest points, i want the car..................

msgret92
msgret92 08/28/12 - 07:40 am

County man VS County woman

We need a county woman on here to post about all of the business's closing down so we can compare and see who gets the most points.

Tullie
Tullie 08/28/12 - 07:53 am

I have been meaning to ask about them. Is there somewhere that explains about the point system? Looks to me like someone sometimes will come on and give everyone a thumbs down for no reason. Does it matter..will I get a reward? Will I get punished?

Tullie
Tullie 08/28/12 - 07:56 am

This Rant is Funny

Yes, because this community doesn't do things like this.....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/28/12 - 07:58 am

Listening to the news

It's still GWBs' fault. How many administrations will we go through before it's somebody elses fault? I thought the Emperor was going to fix everything not blame GWB when his policies didn't work.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/28/12 - 08:00 am

Trouble

I'm still waiting on my 1000 and 2000 point bonuses.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/28/12 - 08:04 am

My prediction

Romneys poll numbers will go up following the Republican Convention. Then the Emperors numbers will go up following the Democratic Convention.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/28/12 - 08:09 am

Now for the really good news

I called the big boss yesterday and now have an appointment for a DOT physical today. I should get my clearance to drive again this afternoon. Damn that millionaire for not getting my physical scheduled for yesterday. He had a three hour notice before the doctor closed.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/28/12 - 08:10 am

OK folks

Somebody else jump in here. I don't want to be accused of hogging the page.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/28/12 - 08:18 am

An estimated

750,000 more women are unemployed now than when the Emperor took office.... where is the real "war on women"?

dwb619
dwb619 08/28/12 - 08:22 am

@Jake

I read a lot and give quite a few "thumbs" both ways. Since I live in an unincorporated area of Aiken county, I do not offer opinions on the politics in Georgia, cities of North Augusta or Aiken. This doesn't leave much to discuss. In fact, I believe the last time I posted was to the merchant in Belvedere shooting the three burglars. I found that pertinent, due to the store being two blocks from my house.
I don't know the mechanics of the point system, don't see it as some sort of competition or rating, nor do I really give any thought. In fact, the Aiken Standard has a similar system that does nor assign points.
I have enjoyed your posts, they seem balanced(in my mind). It mush be a blend of Sue Reynolds and the left coast.