Rants & Raves

I WATCHED THE final round of the PGA tournament on national TV. The city of Augusta was mentioned so many times in reference to the Masters Golf Tournament and Augusta National. Georgia Regents University does not incorporate any of Augusta’s identity. The president of GHSU needs to return to California, and perhaps he needs to take the Board of Regents with him.

MAKE IT A ‘TWO-FER,’ get rid of the idiotic new name and Azziz.

IF GRU NEEDS A new mascot, my dog speaks perfect GRR.

AZZIZ NEEDS TO GO. He doesn’t have the right attitude to live in the South. He just doesn’t understand that things mean a lot to us. We don’t just brush things or people off.

FREE THIS, FREE THAT. When will it end? I never took anything free in my life. I was off my butt earning what I and my family needed.

OBAMA’S UNELECTED WIFE puts out her own “rules” for schools and diets. They call it a “meal pattern.” What the heck is a meal pattern and who gave the federal government authority over what Americans eat?

AUGUSTA POLICE get a big rant from this out-of-towner. I went one block on Jones Street, from one store to another, without a seat belt and was given a $15 ticket by a motorcycle cop sitting on the corner behind a tree. You would think with all the shootings, drug problems and all the crime in downtown Augusta, the police could find better use of their officers. Maybe it is time for a new sheriff in town.

STALLONE WAS NEVER a handsome man, but he has not aged well.

HOW MANY CAPTAINS and lieutenants does one sheriff’s department need? Enough is enough already; put them back on the street.

HAVE YOU SEEN Usain Bolt’s quote from the Olympics? “I’m now a legend. I’m also the greatest athlete to live.” Ha-ha. What a maroon.

RAVES FOR Ed Turner and Number 9. The show was great, and they played for almost five hours. We really got our money’s worth. See you next time.

MY WIFE IS A SCHOOL secretary, and because of the furloughs she is making just about minimum wage as a main secretary in a school. And that is after being there for almost 30 years.

Jake
Jake 08/26/12 - 10:57 pm
The Italian Stallion

Stallone was never a good actor either.

Jake
Jake 08/26/12 - 11:01 pm
Seatbelts

Quit griping "out-of-towner", at least you were not hauled off to jail for trying to buy Masters tickets.

Patty-P
Patty-P 08/27/12 - 12:38 am
I do agree with

I do agree with out-of-towner, officers could sure put their focus on real crime. There's an abundance of it out there.

augustarookie
augustarookie 08/27/12 - 02:19 am
Maroon

Don't know if Bolt prefers maroon or not.

Tullie
Tullie 08/27/12 - 04:44 am
Seat Belt

Out of towner, that cop might have saved your life, you can get in a wreck anywhere. Wear your seat belt.

Plus, breaking a law is breaking a law.

corgimom
corgimom 08/27/12 - 05:27 am
"I'm special, rules don't

"I'm special, rules don't apply to me", says out-of-towner.

corgimom
corgimom 08/27/12 - 05:30 am
You know, in regards to "free

You know, in regards to "free this, free that"- I was lucky enough to start college in California, where there was free college tuition, and then after coming to Augusta, I received a Pell grant to finish college.

I cannot begin to describe the advantages, both tangible and intangible, that my college education has done for me.

Sometimes "free this, free that" is a good thing. It was for me.

Trouble
Trouble 08/27/12 - 06:42 am
rocket science....

yes, it is time for a new sheriff in town........how in the world can you set foot in augusta and not know that?????

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/27/12 - 07:09 am
Stolen from another poster

Do you realize graduates from the Georgia Regents University School of Medicine will be GRUSOM alumni?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/27/12 - 07:13 am
How did it happen

The Emperor made sure there was coverage of our troops leaving Afghanistan. Since we pulled out how did 12 service men get killed in Afghanistan this month? Surely the Emperor didn't make a big show of pulling out for political purposes.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/27/12 - 07:38 am
Now the important stuff

Good morning everybody. Especially all my girlfriends. Trouble, seenit, KSM, and the rest. Mornin' to the guys too.

And as usual I have a special task for KSM... hug a LEO for me. LEOs' do not get the credit they deserve. Out of towner complained about getting a ticket from a motorcycle cop when he/she admitted breaking the law. Funny he/she forgot to mention Officer Paugh stopping to aid a motorist and getting killed for his compassion.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/27/12 - 08:33 am
Canadiens

I was in Boone, NC over the weekend and talked to a group of Canucks down for the Bristol race. When they found out I was from Augusta, the conversation centered there for the next 10 minutes; all about the Masters of course. They said golf is very popular in Canada, so virtually anyone you ask would relate to the name "Augusta".

allhans
allhans 08/27/12 - 08:58 am
The receiver of this

The receiver of this generosity needs to check their pay stub (if they are one of the lucky Americans with a job) and they will see that it has a deduction called "income tax" (FICA.)
That money is going toward all the "free" stuff and watch it keep increasing, and drastically unless more workers are hired to share the burden.
Romney/Ryan...2012

allhans
allhans 08/27/12 - 09:01 am
Is it legal to unbuckle for

Is it legal to unbuckle for just one block? :-)
The things people complain about. I saw a car pulled over this morning when he came to a rolling stop at at 4X.
Yep. I'll bet he was mad too.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/27/12 - 09:04 am
Free stuff???

We don't have any free stuff.----zip-nada-none-0

Someone always pays for anything you eat-wear-study-cut-feed-talk on-live in----DO YALL GET THAT!!
That someone is tired of it & wants to CHANGE everything......& it is coming soon....

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/27/12 - 09:06 am
Stallone the man

Stallone ..honey...you need a better doctor.....he can make you look young again......but can't help with the acting though....:)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/27/12 - 09:09 am
I don't think that those on

I don't think that those on the receiving end of gov't freebies realize every penny of it was taken from someone else under threat of prison if they didn't pony up. But then again, maybe they do approve of legalized armed robbery.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/27/12 - 09:10 am
Surgery

You would THINK with the money that Kenny Rogers & Stallone have they could at least get a good face job/eye job....geeez

Good am Augusta.......truck drivers & posters.....troublemakers of all kind.......writers & waiters......singers & hummers....

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/27/12 - 09:13 am
Stallone

Many years ago there was an x-rated movie that had Stallone in it during his unknown acting days. He wasn't a "big" actor in that either; another thing doctors can't help with.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/27/12 - 09:16 am
IAD

Nooo....they won't get that because our dear government drums into their heads that they deserve the freebies......duh duh....

ONLY ole feeble helpless folks & innocent kids deserve ANYTHING.....only .......females who continue to have babies & can't feed them need to be sterilized...yeh I said it---or have a daddy in the house to help pay for those younguns!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 09:23 am
Good Morning Free-Bee America.

The only Free bee I have ever received was my Free bee to speakee what I wanted to speak and I am even losing that one too...

RK, Is you are on thee Road again?

B4......."hummers" ?????????

Got some rocks weighing Tons to move today around my Mountain Water Fall.....CU all later if one doesn't fall on me.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/27/12 - 09:27 am
Sweet CGee

Like hum me a song baby....humm humm.......or it could mean those little tiny birds called hummingbirds...take your pick.....I aim to please my man.....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 09:27 am
OH

Sweetson...Lets just say, we were both "Right" and we were both "Wrong" and shake hands.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 09:29 am
Very Good B4

"I aim to please my man.....:)"

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/27/12 - 09:29 am
"-or have a daddy in the

"-or have a daddy in the house to help pay for those younguns!"

It should be a pre-requisite to name the daddy before getting a dime of gov't assistance. Prove it with DNA testing if necessary. Hold him accountable for child support first, THEN assist if necessary.

These little punks spreading their seeds around would think twice about fathering children if they knew they would be accountable.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/27/12 - 09:33 am
cgee

said...

Now...like I don't have other things to worry about---heh--now I will think about YOU under some dang rock!!!
Roadkill on the road again or NOT!!!---why do yall torture me soooo.....men.....now watch River comeon & say he has something to worry us ....GEEZ...don't we give you guys eough attention already....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 09:33 am
Hey TSD

you missed my 09:23!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/27/12 - 09:34 am
Good

You Got It.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/27/12 - 09:38 am
IAD ... I said the same thing

IAD ... I said the same thing the other day ... first paternity test is on "we the people" ... but if it comes back that is not the babies daddy then the babies momma has to pay back the fee (even if it means community service) and she has to pay for the next paternity test. No money until we have a babies daddy to be held accountable. I bet that epidemic would end real fast!!!