Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

ONE REASON THEY didn’t pick University of Augusta for a name is if the regents decide to move the university in the future, it will be much easier if it doesn’t have Augusta’s name in it.

I JUST FINISHED reading the story about the gun store owner who stopped people from robbing his store. I don’t really see what the big deal is with what kind of gun he used or how big his clip was. The fact that he stopped three criminals from stealing guns to put out on the street to kill honest people is what is important, not what he used to do it.

WILLIE NELSON TEXTED Randy Travis and said, “Son, if you are going to smoke, learn to keep your clothes on.”

HUGE RAVE FOR North Augusta law enforcement for taking down the drug dealers in that neighborhood. I have been trying for 10 years to get Richmond County law enforcement to take down a known drug dealer in my south Augusta neighborhood.

I THINK THE PEOPLE OF Augusta need to get rid of Dr. Azziz. He has done nothing but change things since he has been there. He doesn’t listen to anybody. He does what he wants to do. The next thing you know he will have moved MCG completely out of Augusta to some big city that suits him.

THANK YOU, MR. MORRIS, for standing up and speaking out to Dr. Azziz. It is about time some of the officials raised their voice in Augusta.

SCHOOL REGISTRATION. OH, WHAT a sight to see. They come in with manicures, pedicures, tattoos all over their bodies, braided hairdos, and they expect to get free lunch, free fees, free everything. Something is definitely wrong with this picture.

REMEMBER, HARLEM CITY HALL, we pay your salary. You should be nicer and more polite to people.

THERE NEED TO BE changes at the Richmond County Board of Education. Morale is at an all-time low due to these furloughs.

THANK YOU, MR. MORRIS, for standing up for Augusta.

DON’T THEY REALIZE if students graduate from the Georgia Regents University School of Medicine, they will have graduated from GRUSOM? Obviously they haven’t thought this through.

Sweet son
Sweet son 08/26/12 - 06:25 pm
Thanks for Helping Me Out Seenit!

I have attempted to eat crow and I hope that CGEE understands that I too am passionate about our educational system and he will grin, smile or laugh that I have some black feathers around my mouth! :)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/26/12 - 06:36 pm
Leaving

If I can get the VA to co-operate maybe I can finally get rolling again tomorrow. If not, anybody interested in a 870 Wingmaster with interchangeable chokes? I gotta get some money coming in somehow.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/26/12 - 06:40 pm
Cgee is a forgiving guy

No worry sweetson....he is a good guy 100%....
Crow tastes like what...chicken?? lol

RKill good luck with moving that big rig......I am taking your advice about BC & along with my "other" meds it is working...thanks..

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/26/12 - 06:43 pm
Seenit

Glad I could help. I hate when the Itis brothers visit. For the unknowing the Itis brothers are Bruce and Arthur Itis.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/26/12 - 07:01 pm
Tell trouble hello

Saying goodnight all....seeya in the am...

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/26/12 - 07:37 pm
" (Y)ou never know

...who ... is carrying a legal concealed weapon." I love that thought. My only critique of the mature gentleman's technique (he's only a few years older than I, so he's not old!) is, from the video, it looks like he opened fire too far away. It looks like a .380, so some limited penetration/disintegrating on body impact ammo like Mag-safe or the like, would have upped his game and saved the taxpayers a bundle.

I don't know if he was trying not to kill them, but if that were the case, it's a bad idea. Many a man has been killed by a wounded armed adversary. It makes no sense to pull your punches in an alley fight, or shoot to wound in a gunfight. If you have real, legal cause to shoot, you should reasonably have grounds to kill.

KSL
KSL 08/26/12 - 08:36 pm
That's what I was taught. But

That's what I was taught. But even police officers who practice constantly miss in the heat of the moment.

Tots
Tots 08/26/12 - 09:26 pm
Sweetson,

I agree with Seenit@6:40pm-that George is a 100% kind of guy..You sound pretty cool too..
Chicken tasting like crow,well i don't care to find out about that one.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 08/26/12 - 11:09 pm
Anybody here

who is not a soldier or law enforcement that has ever been involved in some up close gun play where the lead was really flying?

How did you react?