Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

ONE REASON THEY didn’t pick University of Augusta for a name is if the regents decide to move the university in the future, it will be much easier if it doesn’t have Augusta’s name in it.

I JUST FINISHED reading the story about the gun store owner who stopped people from robbing his store. I don’t really see what the big deal is with what kind of gun he used or how big his clip was. The fact that he stopped three criminals from stealing guns to put out on the street to kill honest people is what is important, not what he used to do it.

WILLIE NELSON TEXTED Randy Travis and said, “Son, if you are going to smoke, learn to keep your clothes on.”

HUGE RAVE FOR North Augusta law enforcement for taking down the drug dealers in that neighborhood. I have been trying for 10 years to get Richmond County law enforcement to take down a known drug dealer in my south Augusta neighborhood.

I THINK THE PEOPLE OF Augusta need to get rid of Dr. Azziz. He has done nothing but change things since he has been there. He doesn’t listen to anybody. He does what he wants to do. The next thing you know he will have moved MCG completely out of Augusta to some big city that suits him.

THANK YOU, MR. MORRIS, for standing up and speaking out to Dr. Azziz. It is about time some of the officials raised their voice in Augusta.

SCHOOL REGISTRATION. OH, WHAT a sight to see. They come in with manicures, pedicures, tattoos all over their bodies, braided hairdos, and they expect to get free lunch, free fees, free everything. Something is definitely wrong with this picture.

REMEMBER, HARLEM CITY HALL, we pay your salary. You should be nicer and more polite to people.

THERE NEED TO BE changes at the Richmond County Board of Education. Morale is at an all-time low due to these furloughs.

THANK YOU, MR. MORRIS, for standing up for Augusta.

DON’T THEY REALIZE if students graduate from the Georgia Regents University School of Medicine, they will have graduated from GRUSOM? Obviously they haven’t thought this through.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/25/12 - 07:05 pm
Yes...thank you Mr. Morris

Yes...thank you Mr. Morris Too bad that many other people won't stand with you! I do!

crackerjack
crackerjack 08/25/12 - 07:08 pm
2016 The Movie

Does anyone know what theater is showing this movie?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/25/12 - 07:49 pm
The gunstore shooter

... did good. All three felons down. Now compare that with the NYC cops -- you know, the only ones who could or should be trusted with guns, according to liberal catechism-- who, as it turns out wounded all nine civilians who were injured. Collateral damge isn't usually defined as shooting nine civilians to get the one bad guy.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/25/12 - 07:51 pm
"I have been trying for 10 years

... to get Richmond County law enforcement to take down a known drug dealer..." What, and lose all that revenue?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/25/12 - 07:54 pm
"They come in

... and they expect to get free lunch, free fees, free everything."

And, pretty much, they get it, don't they?

Jake
Jake 08/25/12 - 08:56 pm
Standing up for Augusta

Well, what did you think Mr Morris was going to do, go against the sentiments of the community? Of course not. He has the name "Augusta" in his paper so why should he not support the "Augusta" name for the local university? It is like the movie "The Godfather", nothing personal, it's just about "business".

KSL
KSL 08/25/12 - 11:19 pm
crackerjack

Someone posted the times and location the other day. I am certain that you can do a Google search and find it. I am not in a rush to see the movie. I read his book and from other sources pretty well know what it is about. I am pretty certain I know what Obama is all about from research on him.

seenitB4 08/26/12 - 07:38 am
About Mr Morris

Say what you will but he showed backbone----class & a love for Augusta......some are falling over & backing up....they are skeeered to speak up......
Do yall think that is the reason the man has so much going for him......smart-gutsey-puts it out there......geeez
Some in politics might need to watch the ole man.....you could learn something!

allhans
allhans 08/26/12 - 08:46 am
cracker jack..I saw the "2016"

cracker jack..I saw the movie "2016" at Regal Cinemas yesterday. We went to the 5:15 showing. Large turnout. Go early.

allhans
allhans 08/26/12 - 07:42 am
'The Age of Obama"..may we

'The Age of Obama"..may we never forget.

seenitB4 08/26/12 - 07:44 am
Kinda funny

I was thinking what would the folks here in N Ga do with an outsider coming in & changing names & etc........hahahaha----there wouldn't be enough feathers for him....we saw some of the locals & the police last night in town.....I sho wouldn't mess withem....
They wear their guns.....& they drink some homemade likker at times.....& they know how to shoot...

Good am CSRA.....I guess that is STILL the name there...:)

seenitB4 08/26/12 - 07:46 am
Poor Randy Travis

I love to hear the guy sing.....Willie is trying to help him....at least tell him to keep his clothes on...hahah

allhans
allhans 08/26/12 - 07:52 am
I have heard about being

I have heard about being caught with your pants down..this must be something sort of like that. What do you do when you are caught? You run, "in flagrante".

seenitB4 08/26/12 - 07:52 am
The gun store owner

The man is a hero...he took 3 punks out of action....he kept the guns fom thugs......he did what he had to do......& just ike the video CGee had the other day with a senior citizen shooting punks trying to rob innocent folks......that is what will happen more & more...because
PEOPLE ARE SICK OF IT!

seenitB4 08/26/12 - 07:55 am
The rant said..

Have you called azzzzziz yet...he seems to get what he wants....heh

seenitB4 08/26/12 - 08:02 am
Randy Travis

ole Randy--please come back to the music....beautiful song......we need it.......

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/26/12 - 08:20 am
Randy Travis' said since they

Randy Travis' said since they put that data gathering electric meter on his house, he's been feeling strange. I bet CGee wouldn't let um put one of those smart meters on his house.

seenitB4 08/26/12 - 08:23 am
Bells ringing for him?

Since he lost his long time wife/manager he hasn't been doing so well....just goes to show that the ole saying is true....a good woman standing behind a good man ebbbytime....making HIM shine & look fantastic....yeh..that's what we do....push yall to do your best....jut like we do on here.....:)
Some even push the great big ole truck....lol.....I bet trouble is tired this am....she tried for DAYS to get that truck on the road last week....no go.

seenitB4 08/26/12 - 08:36 am
River I've been thinking...(yeh right)

When Sylvia retires again...we need to write her column....we could do it..we would tell the naysayers where to put it......or YOU would..lol
We could put in some funnies...music...local politics & etc.......this place NEEDS our input on stuff.....I would even take less money because I KNOW you will type more words...the job would be "perfect" for you!

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/26/12 - 08:39 am
Travis ex-wife is much, much

Travis ex-wife is much, much older than he is. Heck, she's 71, twenty years older than he is.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/26/12 - 08:42 am
About Sylvia's column, I

About Sylvia's column, although I'm getting a little tired of her plays, I wouldn't do it because I'm having too much fun with the comments. Plus, I have a day job. So it's yours.

seenitB4 08/26/12 - 08:47 am
GOB is laughing out loud!!!

Pay me..he said...lol....I told him to think again.......if he doesn't stop laughing I'm going to take another bc.....powder.....just like RKill told me the stuff works....

dichotomy
dichotomy 08/26/12 - 09:09 am
Typical government welfare program.

"They come in... and they expect to get free lunch, free fees, free everything."

It's easier to hand free stuff out to everyone than it is to actually limit it to those who really need it. It's just like all of our other "welfare" programs. We give free stuff to 100 to take care of the 3 or 4 who really need it. We teach the kids that the government is the great provider and we teach the parents that it's not their responsibility to take care of their kids. It's no wonder we have become a government assistance program socialist country.

Quit feeding the kids. When they get to school, ask the class how many of them did not get breakfast. Give any that raise their hand some kind of nutrition bar and issue an arrest warrant for child neglect for their parent(s). If the parent(s) are drawing any kind of public assistance (like food stamps) for the kids, also charge the parent(s) with fraud. There ARE other ways to do things besides the current mentality of "It's too much trouble to fix the problem so let's let the working taxpayers provide it." I think the schools have conceded the fact that they cannot seem to educate the kids so they have become a glorified free cafeteria and babysitting service to justify their existence.

readnow
readnow 08/26/12 - 09:09 am
rename

first rant today....Thats what Ive been sayin

seenitB4 08/26/12 - 09:26 am
CGeee...cgeee

Please put that video of the senior guy shooting the punks in that internet cafe...........for some reason I think we will see more & more of that....

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/26/12 - 09:36 am
Make GOB Laugh Some More

I was actually asked by another place to write a little something for them now and then. I asked if I would get paid and they said, nope, but they wouldn't kick me off for what I say. They know me well. Heh, heh, heh.

seenitB4 08/26/12 - 09:34 am
Call the Guv this week

Call the governor at 404-656-1776

If you are unhappy & you know it...call him....

Find out if he would like some of those mountains in N Ga renamed.....like The Regents Hill........The Regents Slope.....Regents Bump...his neck of the woods.....Yonah mountain could become Regents Yonah......Bald mountain could be Bald Regents Hill......
Ole Zell wouldn't allow it...that's for sure!

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/26/12 - 09:35 am
Do away with school kitchens.

Do away with school kitchens. Where did we get this idea public schools had to cook meals for lunch....and breakfast and provide them for free in many cases? Bring what you want to eat from home. It's a long step to even believe the government is supposed to provide public schools, much less food.

seenitB4 08/26/12 - 09:41 am
Don't give up RM

One day someone will pay you to write....I feel it in my bones.....when you are free of your day job (whenever that happens--feeding 10 kids takes $$$) so hang in there.....
You may have to talk to the rag magazines .....but hey....you can do it!

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/26/12 - 09:45 am
I may have already made

I may have already made pretty good writing something. Ya never know.