News |   Obits |   Sports |   Business |   Opinion |   Things to Do |   Life |   Blogs |   Photos |   Video |   Data |   Jobs |   Homes |   Autos |   Buy/Sell

Rants & Raves

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE who does not enjoy being called with a prerecorded candidate’s stump speech to return the favor and call their headquarters to let them know this digital harassment is neither appreciated nor apt to influence your vote in their favor.

DEMOCRATS IN THE Senate continue to push division through class warfare with their passing of the bill to increase taxes for all Americans making over $250,000. Their past follies of attacking the so-called rich have only hurt middle and low income Americans.

THE CSRA ROAD ANGELS Car Club gets a big rave from me for starting back the First Friday car show at Hooters on Wash­ing­ton Road. I’m glad you are doing it again.

LET ME APOLOGIZE TO Wright McLeod. Even though it made me sick to my stomach, I had to vote Democrat to vote for Scott Pee­bles. But one must do what one must do.

WHEN I CALL a place of business and I am prompted to enter a phone number or leave a message, I should not have to wait a week for someone to return my call. This business of not talking to a real person and taking care of a problem up front needs to stop.

STOP ALL THE ELECTION talk and bashing. People will vote for who they want. To try to educate someone on a politician’s record or promises is wasting your time.

RAVES FOR ALL who pitched in to help find Bo the dog, who went missing after the Interstate 20 bridge accident over the Augusta Canal.

“HATE” IS THE NEW most overused and abused verbal weapon, supplanting “racist” for first place. If you disagree with a particular group’s agenda, you are a “hater,” and if that group happens to be of a different ethnicity, you are labeled a “hating racist.” Once bold and meaningful words like this lose their power from misuse.

HOORAY FOR THE gun shop owner who got all those burglars shot! That’s what they deserve for ramming his business.

RE: THE DISRESPECTFUL so-called mourners in flip-flops and shorts: Best behave and stay away from my funeral. A carefully chosen person will make a very short speech and send all mourners on the way to hopefully tiptoe through tulips, swing in a park and do other lively things for the living as I would like to do. No tears, no clapping as I would not hear or see any of it anyway.

YeCats
YeCats 08/19/12 - 11:57 pm
First!

First! :-)

Trouble
Trouble 08/20/12 - 06:06 am
second.....

morning all

i say we all make prerecorded messages to call all of the candidates at home during supper time. if we set them all to call like 2 minutes apart, they might get the message in about a week.....

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 06:15 am
Good am folks

This article says a lot...I hope all read it....

It’s three times more likely that a gun will be involved in an aggravated assault in Rich­mond County than the nation as a whole, according to the latest crime data from the FBI.

You can't sugar coat that news..

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 06:24 am
The rant says

The very reason we can't get good people to run.....they bring up every tiny wrong you have ever done & blast it on tv & the news.....GEEZ
wow...if not for that we (meaning trouble & seenitB4) would run for mayor & sheriff in Richmond county....:)
You talk about CHANGE.....I would re-name everything...the Mall-the roads--the courthouse--downtown streets...it wouldn't be Broad St....the Hill section.....heck----even the AC ...:):)

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 06:26 am
Now...try this on

THE REGENTS CHRONICLE

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 06:34 am
Walton Way

That would become The Regents at Walton....

Richmond Academy-----Regents Academy on Baker

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 06:42 am
I see cgee read it!!

That Can'T Be So!

"Gun violence more likely in Richmond County than in Georgia, US"

I have been a believer of Countyman all this time. Somebody better email this article to him real fast.(cgee said)

Right.....we will now hear stats about other places ...like it matters ....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/12 - 06:43 am
Good Morning America and B4

B4.....are you stalking me?

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 06:45 am
hahah...YES

I am stalking you---give it up & you will live to post another day..:):)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/12 - 06:45 am
Being

stalk by a pretty women is not all that bad. lol

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 06:46 am
cgee

oooh...ow you do go on....luvs ya!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/12 - 06:48 am
@7

Was Bo found?

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 06:49 am
Years ago

Years back the Sheriff dept. had stakeouts....they worked.....it stopped some crimes in their tracks.....now if the community would get together & stop fighting the law....let them do their JOB......Richmond county could be a better & safer place to live.....

Trouble
Trouble 08/20/12 - 07:00 am
bo

yep, he was found

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/20/12 - 07:06 am
Hey seenit

I read in the LTE your response about if they had named your great dane Fluffy and I almost spit my coffee on to the screen!
Now that was funny,funny,funny!!!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/20/12 - 07:09 am
How about

Science Health Institutional Technology-U
Hows that for an acronymn!

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 07:09 am
shrimp

You have such good taste in posters...luv ya

I like your funnies too btw!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/20/12 - 07:11 am
Good Morning All

Who can we talk about today?
I'm not much on gossip because I don't find people that interesting.

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 07:12 am
sweetson

sweetson has trouble waking in the am...he wants to be with us he says....so turn up the volume & play this sweetson....

Fav of Buddy Holley ....long ago.....but still love it...

ooooh shrimp.....I see what ya mean S H I........wow

CABoatright
CABoatright 08/20/12 - 07:32 am
Glad Bo was found!!!

Thank God for all the animal lovers in the world!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/20/12 - 07:35 am
G'morning posters and posers

Morning ebbybody. Since seenit serenades us all the time, isn't it about time somebody returned the favor? This is and oldie but goodie (kinda like me)

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 07:59 am
Now this one reminds me of RKill

Everytime I hear it....I think about our truck driving man on here....btw ...when are you going back on the road...do you know yet??

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/20/12 - 08:08 am
So Countyman and I were,

So Countyman and I were, uh..discussing the population of Richmond County yesterday. The 2010 census says it's 60% nonwhite, but Countyman says that's only because I was counting the Hispanics as nonwhite. So finally I gave up and said, okay, I'll give you all the races combined for the white population except the blacks. We heard for years about waiting for the 2010 census and when it shows a black majority county, we now hear wait until 2020.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/20/12 - 08:10 am
SeenIt, about that funny post

SeenIt, about that funny post you had about naming your dog Fluffy...I almost thought that LTE was a spoof. It was hilarious. The guy was saying names don't matter. The regents should control everything, etc.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/20/12 - 08:11 am
Back to work

I see the so-called doctor at 10 this morning. If she doesn't clear me to work I may need ya'll to take up a collection for my bail. That or she is gonna have to start paying my bills. I am broke now. Had a little in savings but it's gone now. Which brings me to Trouble. I know I pick on her a lot but she is the one getting me through this mess, both financially and emotionally. Don't tell her 'cause she might believe it, but I love that gal.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/20/12 - 08:11 am
@ Ranter # 5

We've had a lot of rain and wind lately and there is much new roof damage across the CSRA. Don't blame the roofing companies if they are busy. They'll get to you in your turn.

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 08:14 am
hahah

Now if I had a big white poodle ...female....with a cute behind ...I would name her Fluffy....I thought some would get a kick out of that!

RKill....we will buy your food.......anytime ...:) (meaning ME)
some drinks too....:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/20/12 - 08:16 am
Sorry ladies

I may flirt with ya from time to time but I am happily taken. You don't need to tell Trouble that either :-)

seenitB4 08/20/12 - 08:18 am
In the AJC...

7 foods that will change your mood

Brazil nuts
calcium foods
fish
turkey breast
beef-iron
whole grain bread
spinach---eases depression

didn't say a dang thing about coconut oil....

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/20/12 - 08:19 am
little lamb

I thought I was the only one who had roof damage! I guess these storms really packed more of a punch than I thought.

Augusta Commission votes 7-0 to raise property taxes

Augusta commissioners broke a seven-year trend Wednesday and agreed 7-0 to raise property taxes by 1.75 mills to cover a deficit and provide employees a small bonus.