Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I HAD THE BEST customer service ever from a pharmacy at Barney’s Pharmacy in Grovetown. They greeted me with a smile and called my doctor to clarify my prescription and called my insurance to check my copay. Way to go!

THE MCG SCHOOL merger name change continues to fill the news media. Is this just another power grabbing ploy to cover up the shenanigans going on behind the scenes? Stuff the public is never told about until it’s too late?

IT’S SO DISHEARTENING to see all the violence that goes on every day in our community; however, it does make me feel better when the good guys win. Bravo to Mr. Bayazes in North Augusta for defending his property.

IT IS TIME FOR courts to start coming down hard on these wannabe gangster crooks and thieves. The American people are getting fed up with it.

WHO WOULD WANT a diploma from Georgia Regents University? It sounds like a fly-by-night, low-class institution. I would not want to say I graduated from there.

THANK YOU, MR. Morris and the editors, for taking a leadership position on the merger of ASU and GHSU. You are correct; employees will be fired if they speak out. It is also known that Dr. Azziz announced that he would like 50 percent of all the administrators and chairmen of departments gone in the first 12 months. Who will be left to run the enterprise?

A RAVE FOR Enopion’s The Prince Is Giving a Ball at the Kroc Center. It’s an excellent play. If people haven’t seen it, they need to go see it. Especially the Christians need to get off their butts and go support this play based on biblical truths.

DR. AZZIZ NEEDS TO be sent back to where he came from. He’s obviously a bully. He bullied the Medical College of Georgia by changing the name into a name that was too long and too complicated. Now he’s bullied his way into changing two universities and wasting a lot of unnecessary money. That money that he’s wasting, just to make a name for himself, could be spent in a lot better ways. He needs to go. He’s proved overwhelmingly that he is a bully and he needs to go.

RANT FOR PEOPLE who have no job, don’t look for a job and collect food stamps, but you have money for tattoos, nice cellphones, a nice car, gas money, full time getting hair and nails done. Being a bum is starting to pay, it seems. Have everything but pride, I guess.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 08:17 am
Sheriffs

We need Matt Dillon. Unfortunately he is gone but I think Newly is still around.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 08:19 am
Andy Griffith

Andy & Barney would be good in my ole section near Fleming school......

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 08:22 am
BTW guys

Augusta made national news again...The Augusta National of course but also the lab tech with the monkeys .....we sho can make news lately.........must be something in the water.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/21/12 - 08:39 am
The naming controversy

Yeah, I was searching some things and the naming controversy is getting lots of play over the country, too.

kc fan
kc fan 08/21/12 - 08:41 am
Barney's

I was torn between going to CVS or Barney's the other day. I have always had good service from CVS, but said to myself give the new place a try. The pharmacist came out from behind the counter and helped me find the product I was looking for. She also said even though they sold it, I should get the prescription brand instead. Very helpful and very nice. I

Trouble
Trouble 08/21/12 - 08:45 am
sheriff

i am not sure barney could handle augusta, im afraid they would chew him up and spit him out in no time

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 08:52 am
Barney for sheriff

Even Barney would need more than one bullet.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 09:01 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 09:06 am
SO what is the answer??

We can't jail them all....you would think we could figure out the problems in the CSRA....after all we spend hours each day on here rehashing them....
Put these brains to work....why don't we.....some say to us to put our money where our mouth is....well I have in some ways...I gave Freddie some $$---even though he has MUCH MORE......but who's counting..heh heh
If I see my buddies I will buy them a drink or two or three....I think the Augusta Chronicle should honor us with a nice lunch....I say honor because it ain't easy coming on here everyday & taking the insults--arrows--swipes...BUT BY GOLLY we do it...
I kinda like RMs answer when someone asks him what was HIS point--he says ...... I dunno....hahahah.....what point!
We forget...:)

bye bye.....gob says we gotta vote....I have to go in with him.:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 09:09 am
btw

Do we have to have a point to be here?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 09:11 am
Steve Jobs

was more evil than oil companies. Apple is the most valuable company in the US. That only leaves one option. Get rid of your Iphone and Ipad.

Trouble
Trouble 08/21/12 - 09:13 am
answers

while not easy, i would think it would help immensely to arm law abiding citizens and make these little punks who think guns make them big and bad afraid to rob anyone because there is a good chance they are going to get shot in doing so, the sheriffs office can not be everywhere at once, we need to be prepared to protect ourselves and those who we love.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 08/21/12 - 09:24 am
Anyone going to attend the

Anyone going to attend the University of Athens or University of Atlanta?

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/21/12 - 09:31 am
Three sheriffs

One for black Democrats, One for white Democrats and One for the citizens who want a real sheriff. Just like the county commission. One to represent each minority group. We are the Village.

JggrNAUT
JggrNAUT 08/21/12 - 10:14 am
Georgia Regents

Rant to the name change protesters: The name change is done! How about supporting our state's higher education institutions? Is the name more important than the unqualified students the state is producing that won't even be accepted by state instituttions in the first place?

Jane18
Jane18 08/21/12 - 10:17 am
George's song of the day

Thanks George!! I am passing this on............................

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/21/12 - 10:59 am
Lol ... Roadkill, I hug and

Lol ... Roadkill, I hug and kiss a LEO every day ... just don't tell my husband about that! Just Kidding ... He's the only LEO for me <3

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 12:50 pm
Civic Duty

I did mine AND preserved my right to voice my opinion, even though some call it complaining about the Emperor.

Trouble
Trouble 08/21/12 - 12:47 pm
civic duty

once again, i have gone to do my civic duty........i am just glad this time i didnt have to turn that darn headlight in the truck over....

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/21/12 - 01:51 pm
Lee Anderson is sitting in a

Lee Anderson is sitting in a lawn chair on an island in the middle of the intersection of Fury's Ferry and Evans to Lock Rd. waving at everybody.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/12 - 02:47 pm
NEAL BROOTZ

almost made me have my first car accident in 72 years.

Driving down Columbia Road taking my CIC to a doctors appointment,
when this self claim Black Die Heart Liberal lady called him to let him know how bad the racist Republicans were and all the lies they spread preventing America to be beautiful again.

Neal ask her why she is voting for (you know I don't type that name)?

She Said: He is the one that really knows what to do to save America and also said that he will insure peace in the Middle East.

Neal - tell me why he will insure peace in the Middle East?

Ready

Hold your breath

OK she said....Priceless!

He won the Nobel Peach Prize, Didn't He!

The intelligence minds we have walking amoung us in America.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/12 - 02:58 pm
Another By Neal Today

One Term Proposition

August 21, 2012

By Neal Boortz

Dear Ruler said it himself back in 2009 that if he doesn’t have this thing done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition.

Then it seems as though we should be expecting one term out of Dear Ruler. Fortunately for him, most Americans are not paying attention enough to really know where the blame lies. What a majority of Americans in election swing states DO know if that they are not better off than they were four years ago. No kidding … and now, thanks to the pathetic policies of Barack Obama, their CHILDREN will be no better off. It’s conceivable that this ObamaRecovery (or lack thereof) has set back an entire generation of Americans who will not be able to achieve the American Dream: Build a better life for themselves then what their parents had.

Speaking of the (non)ObamaRecovery, you may find this amusing. According to a new book that is being released today, Obama says that he must win re-election so that Mitt Romney doesn’t get credit for the inevitable recovery that will likely take place in the next four years. So the guy spends his first four years blaming Bush for his problems, sinking us further into debt and failing to turn things around, and then he is upset that the next guy will get credit if the economy recovers? Good grief.

rebellious
20656
rebellious 08/21/12 - 04:24 pm
Civic Duty Done

Voted! It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Today's news can get under your skin if you let it, I guess. Senator makes an ignorant statement, and the Repubs want to throw him out? Others claim 57 states in America, first lady caught on video on flag day saying "all this for a stupid flag",PUTUS refuses to salute the flag….nothing said. Up is down and down is up. Wrong is right and standing for what is right is wrong. Need to find Gilligan's Island and escape. The Augusta National inviting 2 women to be members hits national news. . And The Wizard Azziz is saying “Pay no attention to the emails behind the curtain". Geez Louise, give the old days of Strom on one side of the "ribber" and Lester Maddox riding his bicycle backwards saying "Phooey" any day over the slate of ridiculosity we have going on now. And we wonder why the GHSU/MCG/GRU employee is caught drunk with his pants around his ankles and 2 monkeys running loose.

Seenit, I have set the stage for you to post Merle's "rolling downhill like a snowball headed for Hell" perfectly. Oh, Sean, please don't flag this post for Hell, it took too long to type!

harley_52
harley_52 08/21/12 - 05:21 pm
Voted Today Too....

.....and when I voted in the 12th District Congressional Runoff it occurred to me (again) that it was probably all the Republican crossover voters that kept Wright McLeod off the ballot. I'd like to hear his honest thoughts about losing a Congressional race because of a protest vote in a local Sheriff's race.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/21/12 - 05:33 pm
Harley, there's no doubt the

Harley, there's no doubt the best candidate is out of the Congressional election with McLeod. The debates made that obvious. The Chronicle will be mainly responsible with their crossover stragtegy if things don't turn out well and Barrow retains another seat for the Dems. But I'm now hoping Rick Allen brings it home for us.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/21/12 - 05:59 pm
About a Murder Cold Case File

The investigation of the murder of Dr. Joseph Mouna was given up and it was said the Syrian government probably had him killed in the parking lot of Doctor's Hospital. I always found that a stretch.

With the downfall of Assad in Syria maybe we will be able to find out if they did have him killed or was if it a total locally inspired murder. Remember how after the fall of the USSR we were able to find out all kinds of secrets from the former KGB.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 06:02 pm
seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 06:11 pm
Blow wide open

Sometimes after years some cases are blown open....amazing stuff comes out......

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/21/12 - 06:20 pm
Interesting I'd get a thumbs

Interesting I'd get a thumbs down about wanting a murder case solved.