Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I HAD THE BEST customer service ever from a pharmacy at Barney’s Pharmacy in Grovetown. They greeted me with a smile and called my doctor to clarify my prescription and called my insurance to check my copay. Way to go!

THE MCG SCHOOL merger name change continues to fill the news media. Is this just another power grabbing ploy to cover up the shenanigans going on behind the scenes? Stuff the public is never told about until it’s too late?

IT’S SO DISHEARTENING to see all the violence that goes on every day in our community; however, it does make me feel better when the good guys win. Bravo to Mr. Bayazes in North Augusta for defending his property.

IT IS TIME FOR courts to start coming down hard on these wannabe gangster crooks and thieves. The American people are getting fed up with it.

WHO WOULD WANT a diploma from Georgia Regents University? It sounds like a fly-by-night, low-class institution. I would not want to say I graduated from there.

THANK YOU, MR. Morris and the editors, for taking a leadership position on the merger of ASU and GHSU. You are correct; employees will be fired if they speak out. It is also known that Dr. Azziz announced that he would like 50 percent of all the administrators and chairmen of departments gone in the first 12 months. Who will be left to run the enterprise?

A RAVE FOR Enopion’s The Prince Is Giving a Ball at the Kroc Center. It’s an excellent play. If people haven’t seen it, they need to go see it. Especially the Christians need to get off their butts and go support this play based on biblical truths.

DR. AZZIZ NEEDS TO be sent back to where he came from. He’s obviously a bully. He bullied the Medical College of Georgia by changing the name into a name that was too long and too complicated. Now he’s bullied his way into changing two universities and wasting a lot of unnecessary money. That money that he’s wasting, just to make a name for himself, could be spent in a lot better ways. He needs to go. He’s proved overwhelmingly that he is a bully and he needs to go.

RANT FOR PEOPLE who have no job, don’t look for a job and collect food stamps, but you have money for tattoos, nice cellphones, a nice car, gas money, full time getting hair and nails done. Being a bum is starting to pay, it seems. Have everything but pride, I guess.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/20/12 - 08:13 pm
Anybody working for any kind

Anybody working for any kind of agency promoting Augusta-Richmond County should be required to pass a literacy test. Start by asking the definition of the word, majority.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/20/12 - 08:18 pm
I see where the radio has

Various radio stations have commercials of Obama supporting John Barrow. Is there one with Obama supporting Scott Peebles also?

allhans
allhans 08/20/12 - 09:41 pm
I am ready to get this part of the election over. Too many call

s and too many nasty ads. BaH!

---------------------------------------------------
One thumbs-up and one down Riverman..

allhans
allhans 08/20/12 - 09:44 pm
Last rant...Are we born with

Last rant...Are we born with pride or is it a choice?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 05:06 am
G'morning posters and posers

I believe that pride is taught. We are now on the third and fourth generations where it hasn't been.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 05:28 am
Pride...

My first ex has learned to "use the system". She taught our daughter. Daughter learned even more. Now when daughter calls me, she uses a cell phone that you and I are paying for. Somebody please justify for me why a cell phone is of such importance that the government, which is taxpayers or you and me are paying the bill.

I contrast her with my 21 y/o who is working and paying her way through college.

Show me the Gangs
Show me the Gangs 08/21/12 - 05:37 am
If you haven't heard by now,

If you haven't heard by now, this will shock you. Republican Congressman Todd Akin claimed this weekend that victims of " legitimate rape" don't get pregnant, because," If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down." In the 112th Congress, Rep. Akin sits on the House Science Committee. That's right, This is the man that Speaker Boehner and the Republican party chosen to lead our nation's science policy. We must stand against the Republicans' continued utter disregard and disrespect for women. During the past year, Akin has joinied Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan and the House Republican majority in co - sponsoring bills to re- define rape, defund Planned Parenthood, and pass a Federal " Personhood" Amendment. Are you sick and tired of the Tea Party?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 05:48 am
show me

You forgot to mention that Republican leadership has asked him to resign. Would this have happened if he was a democrat or would they use the standard Biden excuse of he was taken out of context?

Trouble
Trouble 08/21/12 - 05:54 am
republicans

the thing about the republican party that makes them stand out over the democratic party is that yes, maybe idiots make it into the party and even to the top of it, but when they screw up big time, they are asked to resign, not defended.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 05:57 am
About Akin

Why yes of course...I can choose what sperm I want to fertilize my eggs.....if I want dark eyes...hair & etc.-----easy peasy........why is that sooo hard to grasp...hhahah...
Idiots.....idiots.....get them out of congress...pleeeeeze

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/12 - 06:08 am
Morning RK, Trouble

I think you have covered the Akin mouth issue with truth.

That is very minor compared to the (out of context) writings and mouth spoken words of the King SMNCICBHO that has been defended from day one.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 06:08 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 06:08 am
Think about this

Some of these idiots have been running this country for a looong time...(both sides Dem/Rep) & we wonder why we are in a mess....I could pick 5 posters on here who could do a better job.....& make sense while doing it...they dang sure KNOW more about SEX than this nutcase knows...

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 06:13 am
Thankya RKill

For the oldies but goodies....did I see Roy Rogers on there....

Good am troublemakers of all kind.....thank goodness the voting will be over for awhile after today,,,,,,,,,,

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 06:15 am
cgee

YOU WHO CGEE...I'm waving my hand ----do you not see me this am......HELLO HELLO....!!!!!! HI CG

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/12 - 06:19 am
_-_-_-_-_-_ B4

o**{{[[B4]]}}**o

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 06:19 am
Yep

Roy Rogers along with Ken Curtis (Festus) were members of The Sons of the Pioneers. No, I don't remember them personally but that is the type of music Mom and Dad listened to as a child. That and I have and old friend who was a radio DJ in the late 70's and 80's. He is my "go to" guy for music.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 06:21 am
Hey Sean

I am over 2000 points, do I get a prize this time?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 06:28 am
CG and Sarge

Good morning to two of my favorite Viet Nam vets. Thanks guys

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/12 - 06:30 am
New Sheriff In Town Solution

Elect all 3 and them split up 3 turfs in Richmond Country and sign one to each to clean up. Competition will bring out the best one.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 06:31 am
ok now...I feel better after my hug

My folks liked Ole Hank & Webb.....Patsy Cline---G Jones....the greats..

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/12 - 06:34 am
Hug a LEO today

KSM, can you handle that task for us?

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 06:35 am
google

I have lost my google bar....I hate it when this dang thing messes up...& it is this am.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 06:36 am
Don't ever

Don't ever make ksm mad.....she is the spunkiest gal I have ever seen....ANYWHERE!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/12 - 06:40 am
B4

click on "tools" you'll find it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/12 - 06:43 am
Got

a poo load of things to do today, so you all, load up your Word Guns and commence firing. Remember, fully automatic words not authorized.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/21/12 - 07:13 am
Akin is Onto Something

Funny stuff about Akin. I visualize women using will power to make those spermatozoa with the little tails feel unwelcome. You know, the eggs kind of shun them, don't look them in the eye and maybe wear disguises. A fake mustache to make the spermatozoa think they have REALLY messed up. They will stick that tail between their legs and haul butt the other way fast.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 07:11 am
I FOUND IT!

ok now...I found my google bar.....he came back...:):)

little things make me happy now....finding a bar -----good am from friends---laughing at my jokes----nice cool weather----Sean leaving me alone----aaah.....all is well.....knock on wood!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/21/12 - 07:11 am
CGee, Good Idea

Having 3 sheriffs may not be a bad idea.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/12 - 07:16 am
YEP

3 Sheriffs...sounds good to me......could make a difference..

More Americans traveling this holiday season

You might want to get a head start to Grandma's house this year. It appears more Americans - 98.6 million - will be traveling this holiday season than ever.