Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANT TO THE DOT pickups who hinder people trying to get to work in the mornings. The drivers will run 45 to 55 with no consistency. Put the cellphone down, speed up or get out of the way, DOT.

I SUPPORT THE RIGHT of the owner of a franchise restaurant to publicly say anything he believes in. I also support the right of Fred Phelps of West­boro Baptist Church to publicly express his beliefs regardless of who they may hurt. However, I do not contribute to or attend Westboro Baptist Church. I will not spend my money at a restaurant that makes substantial financial contributions to groups that support discrimination against other law-abiding American citizens.

PLEASE STOP BLAMING children for their disrespectful and bad behavior. Blame lies strictly with the parents. The reason kids don’t respect authority is parents have no control.

I AM DISAPPOINTED that the medical college is joining Augusta State now and going to change the name to Georgia Regents University or some such name. Lots of ASU alumni don’t like leaving the name Augus­ta out. I still like the two colleges being separate.

ROMNEY HAS RECEIVED criticism concerning his recent trip to London, Poland and Israel. As far as Israel is concerned, at least Romney went there in support, which is far greater than Obama has done.

NO ONE CAN CAPTURE Obama in a cartoon illustration like Rick McKee. Several are on my fridge, which makes for a good laugh. Keep ’em comin’, Rick!

NO WONDER SO MANY doctors are no longer accepting Medicare and Medicaid patients. The reimbursements keep getting lower and the doctors are losing money.

IF SEN. HARRY REID states that Mitt Romney has not paid taxes in 10 years, then Harry needs to divulge his source. Either that or have the informant step forward. Har­ry may keep us in suspense to divert attention from the failed Obama administration.

THE GRASS HAS BEEN cut on Bobby Jones Express­way … and it looks great!

AUGUSTA UNIVERSITY of Humility? AUM. Humble University of Augusta? HUA.

Comments (82)

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/16/12 - 06:38 pm

Food for thought

If I don't have any confidence in your ability to operate your car, it is because you don't even know how to use your blinkers!

jonthebaptist
jonthebaptist 08/16/12 - 09:25 pm

Most of your tax dollars are paid to enforce discrimination

Law Enforcement, Courts, Corrections, etc. all designed to and do discriminate against law breakers. The law of this matter was settled in the garden of Eden, and referred to by the Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Quit pretending that you're smarter than God; you're not. You substituting your goofy, defective reasoning for that clear standard that God has established hastens you to a life of misery and an eternity of pain.

Jake
Jake 08/16/12 - 09:36 pm

Israel

I have not noticed any reduction in funds during Obama's administration that we give Israel each year. Money talks, BS walks.

allhans
21992
allhans 08/16/12 - 09:43 pm

Rant 2..Whee..That means I

Rant 2..Whee..That means I can rest easy.

allhans
21992
allhans 08/16/12 - 09:50 pm

Rant 7...That is what we get

Rant 7...That is what we get for the 176 billions dollars Obama is taking from Medicare to hdelp pay for the uninsured on Obamacare. Of course, he says that it won't be taken from patients but from doctors and hospitals. Crummy or no medical care?. Not his fault. Nothing ever is.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/16/12 - 10:13 pm

Reimbursement rates are

Reimbursement rates are ridiculous for surgeons especially when it comes to Medicare & Medicaid. Ironically, Medicaid patients tend to be the ones as a doctor that you spend more time with because they have more health issues. And there is the general misconception that all doctors are living high on the hog, rolling in the money, etc. It's only getting worse.

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 08/17/12 - 02:29 am

Inner-city love.

Rant to SPOTTED. Maybe next year there will be pictures from inner-city and urban elementary and middle schools in Augusta, in your First Day of School photos. Those kids need to feel loved too.

tanbaby
tanbaby 08/17/12 - 03:52 am

if the parents of the "inner

if the parents of the "inner city and urban" elementary schools would submit the pictures of their kids first day of school, they would be posted....always someone else's fault....

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 08/17/12 - 04:52 am

To the 2nd ranter who

To the 2nd ranter who apparently won't be coming to Chick-Fil-A anymore.....yahhhh!!!!! One less person in the line in front of me and all the other chicken biscuit lovers! And...between you and me, #2...I'm sure you'll be sneaking in to get your chicken sammich by the drive-thru window! Oh, btw, everybody needs to try their chicken-egg-& cheese bagel!...it ain't the heathiest thing, but its goooooooood! (you can go jog it off later)

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/17/12 - 05:18 am

Blinkers?

With all the problems we have going on?

Trouble
Trouble 08/17/12 - 06:47 am

9:25pm

while i understand that there are people out there who do not like the gay lifestyle, i wish they would stop blaming their dislike on God, yes the bible says that homosexuality is against the laws of God, but it also says that contraception is against the laws of God. unless the only time you have made love to a woman it was with the intent of making a baby, you are just as guilty of ignoring the laws of God as a homosexual is. and quite possibly for the same reason....

Trouble
Trouble 08/17/12 - 05:54 am

morning

rm, if we could just get everyone in the world to use their blinkers, all other problems would just disappear.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/17/12 - 06:23 am

Blinkers

I use mine but lately it is hard to hear the blinking.....my younguns say I can't hear.....nnaahh I say....because I hear GOBs tv blasting all over the dang house.....he finally got a headset & now he can't hear a dang thing I say to him....
He seems to be smiling more though.....for some reason!

Good am to all troublemakers---comics---want to be comics---& all posters & want to be posters....(we know you read & too skeeered to post)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/17/12 - 06:29 am

Invite newcomers

This is be good to newbie day......so if any new poster wants to join up...just say I'm a newbie & I want to play with yall today!!!
Tell us what music you like----your political flavor---food choices---your favorite comic---the posters you like to read---& if the answers are right---you will be treated with kindness & sweetness.......heh heh

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/17/12 - 06:34 am

Famous people

We actually have some famous folks on here......some have written books----some are very wealthy---some are used to be movie stars---& some JUST think they are all of those things.....you can figure it out as time goes on..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/17/12 - 06:39 am

THE GRASS HAS BEEN cut on Bobby Jones Express­way … and it looks

Thank goodness....I woke this am & said to myself.....I wonder if that grass has been cut on Bobby Jones.......well by golly it has.....& I feel fine.
I also feel good!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/17/12 - 06:53 am

Blueberry Hill

Do yall remember that oldie....gosh that song brings back good memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=8mix3gmzPa0&NR=1.....but SM would delete them if I put them on here.......but use your imagination......& think young love---2 door ford---a lake---a hill near Gracewood......you are young just once.......:)

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 08/17/12 - 07:09 am

Am I the only straight man

Am I the only straight man that doesn't go to Chick-Fil-A ? I'll take a $1.63 big hot dog and coke from Costco any day .

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/17/12 - 07:39 am
justthefacts
justthefacts 08/17/12 - 07:56 am

GRU

Played golf yesterday with a guy who son just signed to play baseball @ ASU, er GRU, he had no idea of the name change. He was flabbergasted.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/17/12 - 08:00 am

Two Counties Only In America

Showing Respect/no Respect, The Good/The Bad, Inconvenience-no problem/being inconvenience-not me, Columbia County/Richmond County.

Left Platt's Funeral Home on Belair Road to Richmond County line, all cars and vehicles stopped, turn on lights and nobody passed the procession, even an ambulance stopped. Crossed into Richmond Country and it was like entering Twilight Zone. Only about 20 cars of hundreds stopped in the opposite lane. Those that stopped was passed at high rates of speed and some even honked their horns at them. The real lack of respect was those that passed the precession as if it didn't exist with the attitude, this is MY road so don't inconvenience me. One or two times the RC flashing vehicles had to weave in and out of the lane to get to the next traffic light to control movement.

So sad the minds of some of the humans that just lack Respect and have no morality.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/17/12 - 08:12 am

Check List

Now let me see if I have my list in front of me...

10 magazines to read---ck
New book corgi told me to get---ck
Find new book stewart told me to get---will get soon (ck)
Clean fridge-house before reading---(sorta ck)
Make breakfast soon---ck
say bye bye to the sweet guys on here---easy peasy--luv yall-ck
Lisen to good classic country---ck
Read AJC---will do--ck

ok now---seeya later sweet things...

allhans
21992
allhans 08/17/12 - 08:17 am
soapy_725
soapy_725 08/17/12 - 08:44 am

Real World of Medicare

July 2012, routine doctor office visit and blood work billed to Medicare provider was $900. What the doctor received, only he knows? There is an overwhelming amount of discussion on Medicare intended solely to create fear in recipients. It is election time and the BS Dog and Pony Show is being provided to the sheeple.

Augusta Booster
Augusta Booster 08/17/12 - 09:09 am

ASU/GHSU Consolidation

I am sick and tired of the GRU naming controversy – especially the bully at the center of it – Billy Morris. Yeah the guy who owns the media in Augusta and gets to twist everything the way he wants! Lets link the name of the public state-wide supported university to the private, restricted-membership golf club that Billy is a member of - but you can’t be –especially if you are a woman. All you folks who are so upset about the name - what are you going to do when the Board of Regents decides Augusta is too small minded and provincial to host the State of Georgia’s medical school and affiliated programs as these programs need to expand for the sake of the entire state, and moves it all to Athens? Then ASU can go back to being a local college instead of growing and bringing in more jobs. Gee I don’t hear the locals in Athens protesting that UGA isn’t the University of Athens. Hey all you merchants in Richmond & Columbia county - what are you going to do when the local economy tanks and all those high paying jobs move out of town. Well at least you will feel good that you won and that the big empty campus in the middle of town is called Augusta's Folly, or we can rename it Billy’s Folly. Maybe Billy will bail you out.

Trouble
Trouble 08/17/12 - 09:24 am

Augusta Booster

dr azziz......is that you???

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/17/12 - 09:29 am

If all it took to have a

If all it took to have a great university were changing the name, we should call it the University of the Western Hemisphere or something. The fact is changing the name and having a great school are not related. The odds of the Augusta medical school moving to Athens is about like the odds of UGA moving to Augusta, Sanford Stadium and all.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/17/12 - 09:28 am

Yeah, 'Bout Those Blinkers

It's not so much about using them, it's forgetting to turn them off.

Trouble
Trouble 08/17/12 - 09:29 am

name

lets call it harvard.......

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/17/12 - 09:58 am

G'morning posters and posers

Augusta Booster, Billy can't go to Curves. I don't hear you complaining about that.

wOOt.... turn it

Augusta man gets life without parole in killing

Jonathan Lee Felton, 23, was convicted in Richmond County Superior Court of murder and weapon charges for the Oct. 25, 2010, shooting death of 22-year-old Eric "Easy" Wright.