Rants & Raves

WHY WORRY ABOUT the lottery; it is doing just fine. Don’t play; it is your choice.

ONCE AGAIN I must submit a rave for the Richmond County mosquito control. Thank you, Jerry, for responding so quickly to my call. You guys play a huge role in keeping these voracious little insects tolerable during the summer and I simply cannot express enough how much it is appreciated.

A RAVE FOR Bryce Amerson, of Wrens, for his honesty and his grass cutting and yard work. A very nice person.

IT DOESN’T MATTER who is in charge – Democrats or Republicans – if you work for a living, you’re the one who loses.

I WENT TO WORK and came home and my road, Red Leaf Way, was paved. Thank you so much. It looks beautiful. And all you folks did a wonderful job in this terrible heat. You made my day and my road looks wonderful. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

SOCIETY HAS REACHED a new low when people feel that wearing shorts and flip-flops in church is OK. I am glad the small church that I attend has the respect to wear neat and appropriate wear. I believe this generation of slobs shows disrespect and laziness.

DR. AZZIZ, WE WILL still call it MCG like we call Clarks Hill.

I DON’T THINK metal thefts have declined at all. My scrap metal pile has been taken, but a single person took the Pontiac name plate off my vintage Safari station wagon, and that hurts.

THANK YOU TO the gentleman who found my Social Security card on Wednesday at the Columbia County Department of Motor Vehicles. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness; you brought it back in. Many blessings to you and your family.

Jamesnaugusta
Jamesnaugusta 08/13/12 - 11:34 pm
Metal thefts

I know metal thefts went way down around Alden drive and Mike padgett. Once they locked up the one stealing everything theft went to zero in our area. Nice and quiet here since then. Thank Richmond County.

bandajenifer@yahoo.com
bandajenifer@yahoo.com 08/13/12 - 11:48 pm
Why worry about the clothes?

If you are there to hear the word of God, why are you so concerned with what everyone is wearing? Do you really think Jesus or Moses wore suits when they discussed the word of God? Quit being so materialistic and judgmental and be thankful that they are there to take in the scriptures and teachings. Remember, if God has an issue with what everyone is wearing, he will take it up with them when the time is right.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/14/12 - 06:28 am
G'morning posters and posers

She will probably hurt me for telling all of you but Trouble has to have surgery tomorrow. Nothing serious, a day surgery out patient thing but could we get a few prayers for her anyway?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/14/12 - 06:35 am
RK

Tell Trouble that he is getting words from me.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/12 - 06:45 am
Good am guys

Trouble you have my thoughts-love & prayers.......we will see ya soon.....right back here in the am hours..

Good am troublemakers in the CSRA.....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/12 - 06:51 am
Saudia Arabia

That country is building a city just for females.....how quaint I thought...but why I thought......maybe to keep them at home because right now they have to have a male with them to do ANYTHING!

SOOOO........what if Sean built a r/rs just for females...I thought......but I wouldn't like it .......wouldn't be funny......something would be missing......naah that was a stupid thought ..:(

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/14/12 - 07:14 am
Lottery

State run legalized gambling. So why can't the Native Americans have a casino? Would it be because the state wouldn't get the profits? Got news for you folks. Gamblers are going to gamble. Why not keep the money here in our state instead of having them go to Alabama, Mississippi, or Louisiana? And remember, just like the lottery it's your choice if you want to play.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/14/12 - 06:58 am
Female only r/r's

Works for me since I am a lesbian trapped in a mans body anyway. So under the PC rules America is following now I could still participate.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/12 - 07:07 am
RK

But what would we call you....Rosiekill.......naaah..we like you just like you are...:)
Don't change....we have enough dad burn changes going on in Augusta........I am pleasantly surprised the AC has been so public in their dissatisfaction with the name change...
Good for them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/12 - 07:15 am
Paved roads

I had to ck to see where Red Leaf Way was...in Evans.....I wondered just how many unpaved roads are still in the area.....I remember when roads in south Augusta were dirt......some by Fleming school......
We still have many dirt roads in the north Ga mountains....the kids love them with their dirt bikes & etc...

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/12 - 07:20 am
Yesterday

I wonder how many kids today know what it feels like to have dirt between their toes...go barefoot all day.....play in a tree all day.....fish in a creek....make believe with home made toys.....ride a bike til you drop......eat only because your parents MADE you come in from outside.....sweet potatoes & cornbread & peas 4 times a week....oooh the good ole days...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/12 - 07:36 am
Exposing ones self

I read the article about the man exposing himself at the welcome center....
Do yall realize women very very seldom do this......is it because we are smarter.....don't care to expose our privates......or just don't get a thrill out of exposed genitals......
Well anyway I want to thank ALL of the smart women on our planet......thank you for using good common sense in a world of madness..

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/14/12 - 07:47 am
Sorry seen-it

"Do yall realize women very very seldom do this". Have you never been to Mardi Gras? A NASCAR race? Spring Break? Seen a "girls gone wild video"? I'd wager that girls show their "private parts" way more than men. Thanks goodness.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/14/12 - 07:45 am
Yesterday

Unfortunately things aren't what they were when we were kids. And you know what changed everything... air conditioning. Back then everybody was outside in the evenings and you actually got to KNOW your neighbors. Not just know their names but knew about them as well. And as a kid, don't do anything you shouldn't. Mom and Dad knew about it before you got home. And if you lived in a small farming community like I did where most were related somehow, not only did you get punished at home, what ever adult caught you being bad would punish you too!!!

There were drawbacks too. I remember once where a cousin and I met going down the road. A certain wave meant "pull over, there's something I need to talk to you about". Well Johnny and I stopped and parked our trucks kind of awkward. Before we made it home the story was we had a wreck!!! We were about 17 or 18 at the time. Yep, I miss those days without air conditioning.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/12 - 07:54 am
JTF

Women are PAID to show their parts.....usually in a business of sorts.....very few show for free.......but if you have examples ....please show us.....hahah......(I'm getting worried about you )..LOL

RKill....that is typical rough-tough young men stuff with the pickups..:)

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/14/12 - 08:03 am
Paid?

Not in most of my examples. Hey Roadkill, how many times have you been flashed when passing or being passed by on the road.....for free?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/14/12 - 08:15 am
jtf

Very seldom. It does happen but I really wouldn't want anything to do with a "lady" who would do that. And the girls in the "GGW" videos are paid. I have also been to several NASCAR races, never flashed at any of them. I am wondering if you have "Talledega Nights" confused with real racing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/12 - 08:18 am
JTF

RKill would never "squeal" on a lady....lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/12 - 08:20 am
About a name......rose is a rose ....maybe

Names are an important key to what a society values. Anthropologists recognize naming as ‘one of the chief methods for imposing order on perception.’ — David S. Slawson

Perhaps being old is having lighted rooms inside your head, and people in them, acting. People you know, yet can’t quite name. — Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable. — Leonard Bernstein

Tigers die and leave their skins; people die and leave their names. ~Japanese Proverb

Who would name their kid Jack with the last words ‘off’ at the end of the last name? No wonder that guy is screwed up. — George Clooney

Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration. — Charles Dickens

How vain, without the merit, is the name. — Homer

Do not say, ‘It is morning,’ and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a newborn child that has no name. — Rabindranath Tagore

Name is a fence and within it you are nameless. — Samuli Paronen

A poet’s work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep. — Salman Rushdie

From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. — Proverb

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/12 - 08:28 am
I gotta go--things to do....

Have fun--be kinda good.....sweet thoughts to sweet son......

seeya in the pm if the creeks don't rise!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/14/12 - 08:28 am
B4

Well, I see you have never been to a "Nude" Beach before.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/14/12 - 08:30 am
Funny story about THAT CGee

Only the time I went with you......LOL heh heh

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/14/12 - 08:36 am
Roadkill

Been to lots of NASCAR and Indy races. Pretty sure of what I saw.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/14/12 - 08:38 am
Well maybe it's because I

Well maybe it's because I wasn't sitting in the cheap seats.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 08/14/12 - 08:50 am
Jtf, you forgot about "Bike

Jtf, you forgot about "Bike Week" Daytona Beach.. Whoa!

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/14/12 - 08:57 am
Good AM

I will have to agree with JTF on that one y'all.

The question isn't "How many women actually show their private parts?" it is "How many MEN would call the law and report her for indicent exposure if she did?" lol

More people (men & women) would be more apt to call and report a man exposing himself than a woman who is "shaking what your momma gave ya" ... so to speak. Haha

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/14/12 - 09:05 am
Ranter #6 ... Church in

Ranter #6 ... Church in general has changed so much over the years. One example ... You have very few churches who actually use their hymnals with the exception of at a funeral (typically when an older person dies) and the family or deceased has requested a particular hymn be sung. Example two ... Big screens throughout the church with the words to Contemporary Christian music with a live band on stage instead of a choir. All of this was quite shocking to me the first time I was invited to a local Baptist church for a contemporary service when I was accustomed to a more formal Methodist church.

Therefore, I am not shocked at all anymore by what people wear to church, funerals or any occasion where a dress, pantyhose (God forbid), a suit & tie or at least a dress shirt, nice slacks & a tie would be deemed more appropriate to some of us.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/14/12 - 09:08 am
Concrete shoes?

Did someone send RM1 some new shoes made out of a very "weighty" substance and invite him for a midnight swim in the Savannah River? Where is the Riverman this morning?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/14/12 - 09:32 am
Look, I know some women don't

Look, I know some women don't care about showing their bodies. But it isn't near the degree jtf makes it out to be. Back to the question of have I ever been flashed by passing motorists. Quite frankly yes, but not nearly as much as I would like :-)

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/14/12 - 09:50 am
Roadkill

Jeez, I am just joking around....