Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANTS TO Comcast for refusing to provide service on Goolsby Road in Blythe.

MEGA RAVES TO Sgt. Quarles of the Richmond Co. Sheriff’s Department. After two deputies failed at getting a problem resolved, Sgt. Quarles solved the problem. Sgt. Quarles is certainly an asset to the department.

PLEASE STOP LITTERING our neighborhoods with the Sunday essential shopper. It’s trash and you are making our communities look bad. Anyone else throwing stuff out of a car would be ticketed for littering!

THIS IS A HUGE RAVE for Kroger. Thank you so much all of the wonderful supplies that you so kindly gave to teachers. We really appreciate you thinking of us and supporting us. The Kroger staff were so kind and well organized. Thanks again.

IN REFERENCE TO Georgia Regents University, the name reminds me of Regency Mall. In Webster’s dictionary, the definition of regency is a body of regents, a government consisting of regents. I disagree with the name. Regency Mall all went sour. Hopefully it won’t happen at this school.

YAY JAGUARS. The only good think about the new university name is that we can call it “GRR GRU” Go Jaguars! And they had better keep the name Jaguars. Yes I am issuing a personal threat. GRR! At least they didn’t name it “GASU.”

RAVES TO MR. SCOTT USRY of the Harlem Police Department. He goes above and beyond his duties to look out for people. He is a very firm, professional man, but he is kind and caring.

WHAT’S WITH FOLKS these days? Does anybody know how to act or dress in public? Have you people no common sense? Loud, rude. No wonder your kids are rug rats.

Lakeside95 08/11/12 - 05:00 pm
Scott Dean

Scott Dean was covered because he was a sitting Columbia Count commissioner. He was tried and convicted not because of real evidence but because he had an affair and was tried in the media. I sincerely hope that those on trial for molestation have actual evidence against them instead of the Salem Witch Trial against Dean.

Shellman
Shellman 08/11/12 - 07:10 pm
The Breck Boy

got what he deserved. It amazes me that his followers will defend him no matter what

Itsallnew11
Itsallnew11 08/11/12 - 07:32 pm
Georgia Regents University

...Doesn't reflect the pride most have for the Augusta area but it does sound a lot like Georgia Regional!

Lakeside95 08/11/12 - 08:12 pm
Shellman

Were you at the trial? Did you see the evidence?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/12/12 - 03:45 am
Finally

a teacher that is appreciative of what somebody does for them. I just wonder if a coffee mug was in the mix? My mother taught school for over 20 years. She still has a lot of "stuff" given to her by students and parents. Some are duplicate items but she treasures them all because of the spirit in which they were given.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/12 - 04:47 am
Well now

I just read Sylvia's article....nice my dear...

Sings) Accent-tu-ate the positive,

E-lim-inate the negative,

And latch on

To the affirmative

Don’t mess with mister in-between!

You gotta spread joy up to the maximum,

Bring gloom down to the minimum,

And have faith (amen!)

Good am troublemakers......:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/12 - 05:01 am
50 Shades

Ksm...I do understand....you will be busy with reading for a few days....I have about 3 weeks of reading I need to catch up on....just waiting & gathering dust right now....also the tv talk programs will be jumping today with the new vp pick.......also my friends on here....also phone calls ...life is tough in retirement...choces choices....

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/12 - 05:04 am
Thank you Mr. Morris

What for you say...

For taking a stand against the name.....his voice will stand out & make a difference....
We might grumble on here sometimes.....but we LOVE Augusta...CSRA!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/12 - 05:36 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/12 - 05:57 am
What is in a name

Gerald O'Hara: Do you mean to tell me, Katie Scarlett O'Hara, that Tara, that land doesn't mean anything to you? Why, land is the only thing in the world worth workin' for, worth fightin' for, worth dyin' for, because it's the only thing that lasts.

Yea Augusta.....worth fighting for...

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/12/12 - 07:11 am
Interesting that Mr. Morris

Interesting that Mr. Morris is jumping in the naming battle. I admire him for doing that and not playing the game of not angering anyone. He laid it on the line.

Now Deke, get yourself away from the beach and do the same thing. You are going to leave a poor legacy as mayor if you don't get openly involved NOW. Legislative delegation?

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/12/12 - 07:17 am
Rant #2 asked, "WHY IS IT

Rant #2 asked, "WHY IS IT THAT Scott Dean had A LOT of press coverage over a child molestation case, yet others sitting in Richmond County jail for the exact same crime get zero press time?"

Who are you talking about being in jail for child molestation? We're listening?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/12/12 - 07:24 am
Now the important stuff

Good morning everybody.... Seenit, KSM... while reading is a noble past time (and ya gotta remember you put yourself in danger of learnin' sumpin too) don't read so much you forget about us.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/12 - 07:33 am
Forget about us!!! surely you jest LOL

We ain't easy to forget RK.......even the ones who don't really like us still read us...heheh

But ...I want to dedicate this song to someone in the CSRA...yall can guess who he is...it is a he btw..

Every puppy has his day.....I think Augusta will have a say...

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/12 - 07:40 am
RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/12/12 - 08:06 am
Just for Seenit and KSM....

And Trouble so I don't get my butt kicked when she gets home!!!

corgimom
corgimom 08/12/12 - 08:09 am
Roadkill, I read what that

Roadkill, I read what that teacher said. And she didn't express herself well, but I knew what she was talking about. I get gifts, too, as a volunteer. I am especially appreciative because I'm not even a teacher. But coffee mugs are useless. I've gotten at least 10, they go straight to the Goodwill, I don't have any room or any use for them. Same with body lotion and note cards. I am appreciative, but they are a very impractical gift. I hate to see people waste their money that way. I'd rather have a homemade card or a drawing or a note, but if somebody wants to get a gift of appreciation that a teacher would truly love, gift cards are the way to go. Even $5 ones are great. McDonalds, Chick-Fil-A, Starbucks, restaurants, Dunkin' Donuts, Baskin-Robbins, WalMart, Target, Michaels, bookstores, grocery stores. A few homemade cookies or brownies. A candy bar. I'd rather have a $.75 bag of peanut M&M's or a can of Diet Coke (I've gotten those too, I loved it, those are my favorites) than a coffee mug. Money is too hard to come by these days to waste it on useless stuff. That's what that teacher was trying to say, even though it didn't come out that way.

corgimom
corgimom 08/12/12 - 08:14 am
Scott Dean put himself in

Scott Dean put himself in prison, period. He did it to himself. "Maybe the towel fell off". Sure.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/12/12 - 08:49 am
Anybody watching George Steph on ABC Now?

It's amazing that the liberals on there along with the conservatives admit Ryan represents the faction trying to balance the budget. The liberals then say the people won't believe him and will be afraid of his proposals.

Are we honestly going to address our budget problems or will we just keep kicking the can down the road playing to fears?

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/12/12 - 08:59 am
Drinking down my coffee ...

Drinking down my coffee ... wide awake and entranced until 3am ... *double sigh*

River ALL reading is learning depending on what you want to learn. Very educational book I must say ... oh yeah ... who are y'all again? Jk

I want to start book two but I need to accomplish something today. So Mr. Grey will have to wait for until tonight.

Gotta get round two of our MISSING cat posters put up today. My daughters baby has been missing since July 16 & we're hoping someone has her in their house. We've had her & her brother for over 6 years :( ... I thought her brother would be devastated that his sister was gone (Where The Red Fern Grows) but I think he has weighed his options & decided he is getting his AND her food. Beginning to question male cat & the possibility he has his sister in a kitty dungeon tied up ... he looks guilty!

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/12/12 - 09:02 am
Oops ... that was RK not RM

Oops ... that was RK not RM ... all the men are running together in my mind. More coffee is needed. :)

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/12/12 - 09:08 am
How do you know you are a

How do you know you are a true blonde?

When you go on the website for animal control & see your cats picture on their site & shout "Omg they have Mally!" to your husband ... you're heart skips a beat ... you hyperventilate ... and then say "Hey ... that's the picture I emailed them!" ... :p

*True Story*

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/12/12 - 09:22 am
KSM

I don't have an extra kitty around here but what does it look like? You never know where it might be seen. But I do have 3 brand new kittens that will need a home in 8 weeks.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/12/12 - 09:39 am
Missing Cat

Her name is Mally. She is a six year old calico who is spayed & declawed (fronts only). No microchip. Her photo is on the CC Animal services under Lost/Adoptable cats. One of her hind legs on the inside is the coloration of an orange tabby (her brother is orange tabby). She is very timid but lovably sweet. And my ten year old is devastated she is missing. Last seen near The Trails of Euchee Creek off Harlem-Grovetown Rd in Grovetown.

Lakeside95 08/12/12 - 09:37 am
Ugh. Even the daughter in

Ugh. Even the daughter in question in open court answered the question and said she did not know if her dad knew she was in the laundry room at the time. And as the room is larger than most and L shaped it was very possible.
There was no hard evidence, just the basic replies to leading questions by a child that has a measurable IQ below 70 who saw and experienced things in Guatemala that would make your stomach turn. This is not a young lady that is mentally or emotionally or intellectually her calendar age.
I do hope those in the Richmond and Columbia County jails for child molestation are truly given a fair trial...but for now they are innocent until proven guilty. We should hope they dont receive the media coverage. Coverage can taint jury pools and judges, which in the end costs the taxpayers more money.

daphne3520
daphne3520 08/12/12 - 10:14 am
Rant 4...Their Legal Department emailed me and says there is cur

permits them to LITTER our property with their unwanted Shopper, etc.

White Folks? Maybe wear pajamas shopping would improve our image to that UNINFORMED Ranter! Finally, one of the more innocous, prolific writers on here probably NEEDS that Body Lotion.

daphne3520
daphne3520 08/12/12 - 10:19 am
And, NOT ONE mention of the Bobby Hickson Rape CONVICTION

of an underaged female, at knifepoint in Edgefield County in 2008? Maybe because his parents, whom he worked for, habe a fiinancial interest in the local Capital City Ambulance franchis> PLEASE Google it! Just this year, last month, four (4) years later, in July, 2012, he PLED GUILTY!!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/12/12 - 12:20 pm
Silver Bluff

Do yall remember the ole folks talking about Silver Bluff??
I know my granmom did.....she fished nearby & always loved that area....evidently that was a gathering place for whites & blacks.....sorta like a reunion time.....she was raised in Blythe & Hephzibah so she knew the roads of south Richmond county & especially knew the best fishing holes.....her favorite hobby....a map

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/12/12 - 12:25 pm
Sadly we only have 2 kittens

Sadly we only have 2 kittens to find homes for. My back yard is turning into a pet cemetery. Couldn't help but remember Sarabi, Rascal, Rusty, and Cain while doing what had to be done. But the race is starting now. Maybe the Bush brothers will wreck each other and make me feel better.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/12/12 - 12:36 pm
Howdy, posters! A gracious

Howdy, posters! A gracious good afternoon to you all! I gotta be thankful for all the rain, but at the same time, I want to pray for those who suffered damage because of it. We needed the water, but not the misery it brought!

Not much material here to fuss about, so I'll bid you all a good afternoon and a pleasant evening.

Jake, if you see this, please email me at franjim@knology.net. Thank you, Brother!

Local merchants welcome Small Business Saturday

With having to compete with e-commerce and national retailers during the holiday season, local merchants welcome the spotlight that comes with Small Business Saturday.