Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THERE HAVE BEEN rants recently regarding married men talking/texting other women. If you are the “other woman” you are just as wrong as he is. Give his wife a call. I’m sure she will be glad to let you have him. Just remember, if he is cheating on her now, one day he will cheat on you too.

A FEDERAL COURT HAS ruled Georgia’s law banning guns in church is OK. Such a law only tells crooks where to go to ensure there’ll be nobody there to oppose you.

THE BUSINESS OWNERS in North Augusta are thankful to the voters in Richmond and Columbia counties who made it a little more expensive to purchase item in Region 7. It’s just a short drive across the river.

A HUGE RANT TO the cowards in Laurel Hills who keep shoving their noses into other people’s business. I keep my grass cut every 10 days and have just spent over $800 getting bushes cut and a little new landscaping done and you send me a letter saying I am not cutting my grass enough. Stop being a coward and busybody and put a return address on your letters or leave me alone.

ETERNAL GRATITUDE to Drs. Donald Townsend and Mitchell Berger along with the staff of Medical Oncology Associates for the 14 years of outstanding care during my father’s battle with cancer.

GOOD FOR THE Regents. Until Augusta cleans up, repairs its roads, gets on top if its crime rate and most of all eliminates a racist government, it has no business being part of what is becoming a full-fledged national university.

I LIKE GEORGIA Regents University better than University of Augusta. I love my city, but GRU adds a little more gravitas. I liked Georgia Arts and Science University better still, despite the GASU acronym. Let’s just move on and try to make it the best college it can be, Azziz or not.

RANT TO THE new name of Augusta State University. Omitting “Augusta” from the name is shameful because it has always been included from the time it was a 2-year junior college, 4-year college and when it became part of the university system. Dr. William Bloodworth should be very proud of all the accomplishments the college acquired during his reign.

I DON’T PARTICULARLY like the GRU name, but most of the people complaining about it would complain about any name change. It’s the way of the world. Take a deep breath and support our local university. It’s not that bad.

Jake
Jake 08/10/12 - 09:19 pm
Church guns

Like who is really paranoid enough to want to bring a weapon into church? In the name of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost and Smith&Wesson?

Jake
Jake 08/10/12 - 09:24 pm
Grass cutting

When buying a house in a development it would be wise to inquire about what is expected as far as lawn care is concerned. If you are required to keep your lawn trimmed at a 2 1/2" height then trim your lawn to 2" and ask for some sort of rebate.

Jake
Jake 08/10/12 - 10:07 pm
Cheating

Part of the problem with cheating I think involves older men. Now that there are pills to combat the effects of erectile disfunction older men want to roam.
The Third Reich started experimenting with an ED pill in the 30's as a way to increase the Aryan population. If you view footage of those days you will see soldiers marching stiff legged (goose stepping) so they had the approximate area correct but not the exact location. Then you will notice in archival footage that the stiff arm salute (Heil Hitler) followed but they were too far up with the location.
After the war the British found the documents concerning ED and tried to implement them but they failed. The best they could do was to isolate the pinkie finger in an erect position when drinking tea and inject a singer during the British Invasion known as Freddy and the Dreamers doing the Freddy(see youtube).
But leave it to the Americans to finally come up with the solution. After many years of experimentation which included some failures (the black athletes on the podium of the 1968 Olympics in Mexico with their fists in the air) they finally were able to locate the area.
This is one of the greatest achievements for us older guys, by far exceeding the invention of the cordless drill.

allhans
allhans 08/10/12 - 10:14 pm
Now that is educational,

Now that is educational, Jake...:)

allhans
allhans 08/10/12 - 10:20 pm
Cheating men and their support group.

Some women will stand by their man...which means the cheating girlfriend will be the big loser.

countyman
20584
countyman 08/10/12 - 10:31 pm
The University of Augusta

The University of Augusta crushed Georgia Regents University in every single poll-survey taken locally/statewide/nationally... The University of Augusta was the clear winner in terms of research data, and the regents decided on Georgia Regents. Great universities should have both superior academics and athletics.. The name Georgia Regents is horrible when it comes to collegiate sports. The two most interesting points were 45.8% of people said the word 'Augusta' made them feel no certain way, 44.2% said positive, and only 2.7% got a negative feeling. The other is 74% of people nationally said 'Augusta' is located in Georgia, and 6.4% said Maine.. We had the chance to grow the prestige of the university and Augusta at the same time.. The opinions of cities like Austin and Raleigh have changed quite dramatically since the 90's.. The name University of Augusta would have stood out against U of GA, GA Tech, GA State, GA Southern, etc..

harley_52
harley_52 08/10/12 - 10:49 pm
"Like who is really paranoid enough....

...to want to bring a weapon into church?"

Me.

I have this odd desire to protect myself and my family if some deranged mass murderer walks in and starts shooting folks like fish in a barrel.

It does happen, you know.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/10/12 - 10:50 pm
itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/11/12 - 12:03 am
Unless this proves true to

Unless this proves true to Bachman's claims, (which I doubt) this is just the kind of wild BS claims that hurt conservatives. God, please deliver me from people who are so steeped in their politics that they can't see the forest because of the trees.

I would really like to be proven wrong on my hunch, but I don't think I will be.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/11/12 - 12:07 am
#1

^5; A tiger doesn't change his stripes. Dishonest today, and dishonest tomorrow. Either you have morals or you don't.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/11/12 - 05:06 am
Legal gun carry

The following is from one of the patron at Lubys Cafeteria in Waco. Site of the nations worst mass killing until the Virginia Tech massacre.

Dr. Suzanna Gratia, a cafeteria patron, had a gun in her car, but, in conformity to Texas law, the gun was not carried on her person; despite its Wild West image, Texas was the first state in the nation to prohibit any carrying of handguns. (Carry reform is considered virtually certain to pass Texas in 1995.)

If Dr. Gratia had been carrying her gun, she could have shot Hennard. "I had a perfect shot at him," she later explained, "I had a place to prop my hand. The guy was not even aware of what we were doing.

Hennard reloaded five times, and had to throw away one pistol because it jammed, so there was plenty of opportunity for someone to fire at him. But because of the restrictive Texas law, neither Dr. Gratia nor any other citizen was armed. Both of Gratia's parents were among Hennard's victims.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/11/12 - 05:07 am
Now the important stuff

Good morning everybody

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/11/12 - 06:28 am
Funny Jake

Ha, that was cool, Jake.

RK and Harley about guns in church, I suspect there are many guns concealed there. There are no metal detectors and no one is going to search you. If I wanted to shoot up a church, it wouldn't be a Southern Baptist one. They would be packing plus have shotguns in the pickup and a dead deer in the back.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/11/12 - 06:50 am
Fix Potholes and We Can Name it Augusta

That one rant says if we fix the potholes we can get the name U of Augusta. Now we know how.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/11/12 - 06:53 am
Judge Overstreet Ad Banner

I see where Judge J. Carlisle Overstreet bought a banner ad that crosses the top of the page. There must be money in being a judge...ya think?

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/11/12 - 07:17 am
Think Putting Georgia in the Name Makes it Unique?

• College of Coastal Georgia, Brunswick
• Southwest Georgia Technical College, Thomasville
• West Georgia Technical College, Waco
• Georgia Military College
• Christian College of Georgia

dichotomy
dichotomy 08/11/12 - 07:33 am
Cheaper across the river.

"THE BUSINESS OWNERS in North Augusta are thankful to the voters in Richmond and Columbia counties"

I do believe the voters in Columbia County intelligently voted against the TSPLOST but your point is well taken.

North Augusta should be putting billboards along both sides of Bobby Jones in RC, the Gordon Hwy, and west bound I-20 that say "Everything Costs Less in North Augusta"....or "Fill Up Your Shopping Cart and Your Gas Tank for Less in North Augusta".

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/11/12 - 07:44 am
I-20 North Augusta Location

Dichotomy, if they would build a big wholesale store right across the river on I-20 in North Augusta, it would be a bonanza for Aiken County.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/11/12 - 08:01 am
The Sheriffs Forum at the church...

I think rm is right----with the right music that place could jump...loving it!

Jake ...you are on a roll.....:):)....I'm spitting my coffee up..:)

Last night Rebel came in on the late shift with his goodies.....we need ya to fiill in some on the day shift too...:)

Good am troublemakers......of all kind-colors-sex-......whatabout Paul Ryan.......why him??

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/11/12 - 08:10 am
Frisk at church...

Naaahh...I don't see that YET!!

Ya never know though......anything is possible in the world of today..

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/11/12 - 08:13 am
About Ryan

Ryan has worked in Washington for much of his adult life, a contrast to Romney, who frequently emphasizes his experience in business.

The congressman worked as an aide in Congress, and also was a speechwriter for Jack Kemp, who years earlier had been one of the driving forces behind across-the-board tax cuts that were at the heart of Ronald Reagan's winning presidential campaign in 1980.

Ryan is also well-known for his fiendish physical fitness workouts.

Sooo he has been around DC for awhile......he must be in great physical shape also.......I would like to see his chest muscles so I can form my own opinion...a top shot from the waist up...

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/11/12 - 08:15 am
Lordy lordy

I put cheat muscles by mistake...had to change pronto....you know THAT could be taken anyway...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/11/12 - 08:28 am
SeenIt, they cancelled the

SeenIt, they cancelled the KEM and K'John concert here. I know you are heartbroken.

JRC2024
JRC2024 08/11/12 - 08:30 am
You are funny seenitB4. I

You are funny seenitB4. I just love your comments.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/11/12 - 08:34 am
I hear

thunderboomers... sounds nasty... seenit, come protect me. I'm skeerd

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/11/12 - 08:36 am
I just checked the weather

I just checked the weather channel, its gonna take seenit and ksm to keep me from being skeerd.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/11/12 - 08:37 am
RM, The name Georgia

... in the title is not unique, as your 07:17 shows, in fact, I suspect there might even be a few more 'storefront schools,' but this was not about that; this was a pure ego driven, above the peasants, in-your-face, typical unaccountable political appointee action. If anyone is serious about this --and I suspect not-- go after the clowns who gave these chumps power.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/11/12 - 08:41 am
JRC

said...
You are funny seenitB4. I just love your comments.

The check is in the mail sweetie....luvs you back..:):)

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/11/12 - 08:44 am
Shhhhhhh ...

Ouch my head ... why is everyone typing so LOUD this morning? Lol

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/11/12 - 08:44 am
Lots of Thunder, Lightning and Rain Here

RK, you're right. I just hope the power doesn't go out until I light the candles and find some wine and glasses. I'm going to swirl wine and look at the storm over the water even if it is 8:40 AM.