Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I GUESS MITT WAS stumping outside the USA because that’s where he’ll send our jobs.

RANT FOR THE idiot that thinks everybody against Obama is racist. What do you call people who vote only for the black candidate because he is black and no other reason?

YOU ANTI-OBAMA people are really clueless. He’s gotten us out of two wars Bush dumped us in, and he’s trying to get ahold of almost $15 billion dollars unaccounted for spent when Bush cronies benefited by not having to bid for war business.

SO ROMNEY TAKES CARE of a fancy horse, including massages, while he puts his dog on the roof of a car. Sounds like his Republican Party, which wants the millionaires and billionaires taxed a lot less than the not-rich-at-all folks. That shows you how unfit he is for leading our American country.

HUGE RANT TO the Chi­cago mayor. Their murder rate is so awful, and yet he’s complaining about Chick-fil-A’s president expressing an opinion on family units?

WHERE CAN I get sensitivity training? I think I’m a homophobe and love eating at Chick-fil-A.

MY ADVICE TO Chick-fil-A: Walk out of Boston and Chicago and shake the dust from your sandals.

SO, OBAMA URGES tighter background checks on gun buyers. Do our elected officials really believe that more extensive background checks will keep guns from the hands of criminals?

A RAVE TO THE SWEET LADY in the Food Lion parking lot on Wrights­boro Road about three weeks ago. I commented on the fragrance of perfume she was wearing, and she kindly went to her car and gave me the bottle. This just shows that color is not a factor when it comes to nice people, even in Augusta.

WHAT HAS CONSOLIDATION brought to south Augusta? Trash and filth lining the streets. Undesirables living in your neighborhood. Dead animals rotting on the main highways. Plummeting property values. I say let’s “un-consolidate!”

RAVE TO MR. NAGLE for leading our school system for the past years. I know I will be sorry to see him retire at the end of this year. He seemed to have the teachers’ best interests at heart as well as the students. Thanks for your service, Mr. Nagle!

KSL
KSL 08/08/12 - 09:48 am
Seems to me the students best

Seems to me the students' best interest and then the teachers should be the norm.

Jane18
Jane18 08/08/12 - 07:16 am
R&R #2

Biased, bigotted, ignorant, and fooled!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/08/12 - 07:51 am
G'morning posters and posers

Seems ranter #3 has forgotten about the 15 TRILLION in debt the Emperor has gotten us in.

I GUESS THE EMPEROR WILL BE stumping in China because that’s where he sent our jobs. Want to talk about the windmills we are now importing from China while a factory sits idle in Louisiana?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/08/12 - 07:52 am
Rant #2

Gotta use better bait than that.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/08/12 - 07:54 am
Now the important stuff

I visited Sarge yesterday to find out he was going home. Maybe he will be able to make an appearance here today.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/08/12 - 08:01 am
I assume everybody knows the

I assume everybody knows the Chicago mayor was once the Emperors chief adviser.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/08/12 - 08:00 am
Where is everybody?

Good Morning All!!!
Roadkill...Yep ole Rahm Emanuell. I wonder now what kind of advice he gave Obama.

balloon2008
balloon2008 08/08/12 - 08:13 am
Joe Bowles

Anybody notice they are hiding the parking lot story from the main page on line .shame on you chronicle!

dichotomy
dichotomy 08/08/12 - 08:16 am
Rob Peter, Pay Paul

"he’s trying to get ahold of almost $15 billion dollars unaccounted for spent when Bush cronies benefited by not having to bid for war business."

Probably so he can give some more to the Obama cronies who open green energy compainies and then go bankrupt as soon as they get the government money.....after they pay themselves huge "bonuses".

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/08/12 - 08:55 am
MIA

Thank you for pointing out the missing story, Balloon. I also could not find the story until I used the search function. Here is the link:

Parking Deck Agreement Unfair

Commenters on the R&R thread should click on the link and make enough comments to get this article moved up onto the Most Discussed thread.

strib1
strib1 08/08/12 - 08:56 am
bho

do these bho people realy believe what they say? what has he done in 3 yrs. are we better now , i doubt it. time to quit blaming bush and do somethilng. if he get reelected then we had better start praying if aclu and aeitist will let us .... !!

happychimer
happychimer 08/08/12 - 09:53 am
I see all that will be talked

I see all that will be talked about today is politics. See you later.

dichotomy
dichotomy 08/08/12 - 09:55 am
WHAT HAS CONSOLIDATION brought to south Augusta?

Well, it's brought higher property taxes....higher sales taxes......outrageously priced garbage service........fleeing retail and restaurants......Section 8 and the associated increased crime......less police protection......and generally nothing beneficial and total neglect. Oh..I forgot....we got a park. 17 years of taxes and we got a park. For those RC taxpayers "south of Spirit Creek", we've got nothing..nada, zero, zip....except a garbage service for which we pay twice what it should cost.

And, according to countyman, we do not have the density to support retail and restaurants, but apparently we DO have the density to have our 7000 acres of vacant land taxed as prime suburban RESIDENTIAL land.....even though the "City" adopted an official study that says "discourage development south of Spirit Creek" which assures our vacant "Residential" land will stay vacant....and over taxed.....for a long time.

I'm with you Ranter 10....let’s “un-consolidate. Or better yet, let's ask Burke County to annex us. We cound not possibly do any worse. Burke County doesn't have any Paul and associates projects to build with taxpayer's money. And now that certain gullible districts in Richmond County have caused TSPLOST to get passed, Burke County can use Richmond County TSPLOST money to improve their roads. It would be kind of nice to be a citizen of Burke County and FINALLY have Richmond County provide me some benefit.

jdsgirl63
jdsgirl63 08/08/12 - 10:01 am
Pot calling the kettle....

I guess Ranter #1 hasn't done their homework on the Great Obama's outsourcing policies.

How about Fisker Automotive (which is tied to Al Gore's corporation) that was given $529 million of OUR money, to build electric cars? Nice, right? Sure, it's real nice... for the people in Finland. Because that, dear ranter, is where the money and the jobs were sent. Oh, and by the by... if you want to "support" your dear Presidents "green" projects, this car will cost you, on average, a cool $112,000. Of course, with the economy doing SO well right now, everyone should be able to afford to have a Fisker automobile in their driveway. One more thing, the car model is aptly named "Karma".

Now that's an outsourcing point... do you want to talk about all the billions he's given to his cronies to companies that have gone belly up within 2 years and the fact that they have no idea where all the money went..... do you?

TannerManor
TannerManor 08/08/12 - 10:10 am
Ranter #4, so Romney's dog

Ranter #4, so Romney's dog rode in a carrier strapped to the roof of his car. Anybody ask the dog if he hated it? My dogs would ride on the hood if I'd let 'em!

Romney's dogs and horses live the life of luxury, everyday. I see my neighbors' pitbulls and rottweilers penned up and chained to trees 24/7 in the hottest summers and nastiest winters with no hope of getting out or even being petted. I'm sure they would LOVE to take a trip on the roof of a car!!!

daphne3520
daphne3520 08/08/12 - 11:27 am
Rant# 2...WHEN will you'se realize that Obama is NOT Black, but

1/2 Black abd 1/2 White????????

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 08/08/12 - 12:45 pm
Chained dogs

that have to be in heat and cold and no attention - the owners should be fined and the dogs taken away from them. It is a crime to treat any animal that way. The Humane Society should make every effort it can to help these poor creatures - what do these 'people' who certainly cannot be called animal lovers need those dogs for? Fines and removals - make it a law - they have laws for the most ridiculous things why not for something that makes a lot of sense?

Angie H
Angie H 08/08/12 - 01:56 pm
While I hate animal cruelty,

While I hate animal cruelty, it amazes me the number of people outraged if an animal is mistreated, but will fight tooth and nail for the right to kill an unborn human.

harley_52
harley_52 08/08/12 - 02:22 pm
As Far As We Know....

....the President didn't chain his dogs.

He ate them.

happychimer
happychimer 08/08/12 - 03:27 pm
I hate cruelty to animals,

I hate cruelty to animals, children, the elderly, the handicapped. When I speak about animal cruelty, it is about cruely to animals. I don't bring up all the other crueltie at that time. When I talk about cruelty to children, I don't talk about cruelty to animals.I don't have to bring up all the cruelties I hate, just because I speak about one.

happychimer
happychimer 08/08/12 - 03:28 pm
harley which President ate

harley which President ate his dog? It sure was not Obama.

KSL
KSL 08/08/12 - 03:56 pm
Happy, he actually admitted

Happy, he actually admitted to eating dogmeat in the Dream book. He said it was tough. Of course that could be just another of his many untruths he has uttered or written.

KSL
KSL 08/08/12 - 04:00 pm
It might not have been tough

It might not have been tough if it had been marinated. To his credit, Obama didn't say the dogmeat came from his own dog.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/08/12 - 04:03 pm
From "Dreams of my Father"

It had taken me less than six months to learn Indonesia’s language, its customs, and its legends. I had survived chicken pox, measles and the sting of my teachers’ bamboo switches. The children of farmers, servants and low-level bureaucrats had become my best friends, and together we ran the streets morning and night, hustling odd jobs, catching crickets, battling swift kites with razor-sharp lines -- the loser watched his kite soar off with the wind, and knew that somewhere other children had formed a long, wobbly train, their heads toward the sky, waiting for their prize to land. With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chili peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy). Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the more ancient animist and Hindu faiths.

harley_52
harley_52 08/08/12 - 04:15 pm
Dog For Dinner....

Not only do I feel bad for the dog he ate, but also the innocent snake and the poor little (crunchy) grasshopper.

I hope the tiger escaped before the (future) President got a chance to chomp down on him too.

harley_52
harley_52 08/08/12 - 04:18 pm
"To his credit.....

Obama didn't say the dogmeat came from his own dog."

I wonder how his neighbor's kids felt when their dog turned up missing?

Isn't there a commandment that covers this? "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's beagle."

Maybe I'm thinking about something else... :)

KSL
KSL 08/08/12 - 04:19 pm
Harley

I do too. Perhaps reading his books should have been required reading before casting a vote for him. As long as you weren't required to actually purchase them.

KSL
KSL 08/08/12 - 04:23 pm
I don't think he was into the

I don't think he was into the Commandments during his Indonesian period.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/08/12 - 04:26 pm
Then and Now

Nor now, KSL.

harley_52
harley_52 08/08/12 - 04:30 pm
The Commandment Part....

....was a joke. Hence, the happy face.

Sheeesh......