Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

GOD DOESN’T LOOK at the outside of men; he looks at the inside of a man. That being said, it does not really matter what one wears to church as long as it is decent. Jesus wore sandals and a robe. Are you going to condemn him also?

RAVES TO THE OWNER and operator of the Glenwood Community Pool. It is beautiful, well-maintained, affordable and open to all.

THIS IS A RAVE FOR the customer who called to cancel my Internet service repair visit but still invited me over for some coffee and coffee cake. What a nice guy! I wish all customers were that friendly.

THE RICHMOND COUNTY Board of Education is the worst of all good old boy systems. People get promotions and raises based entirely on who their friends are or what sorority they belonged to. Institutionalized incompetence. Shameful.

CAN YOU IMAGINE A world with no lawyers? No frivolous lawsuits making everything go up, no iceberg legal assistant, no lawyers in D.C. and none of them becoming judges and screwing up the Supreme Court.

THERE ARE TOO MANY people in Augusta who water after 10 a.m. and before 4 p.m. because they do not know any better. The water bill provides a Web address to find the watering hours and car-washing days.

RANTS TO THE PERSON who commented on what a person was wearing to church. Shouldn’t we be more concerned about their souls instead of shorts and flip-flops?

ALL THAT RUBBER you see on the side of the road are not trucks having flat tires. It is recapped tires off of these semis.

RAVE TO DOCTORS Hospital 5West. Ms. Griffin is caring and pro­fessional and goes the extra mile for her patients.

A BIG RAVE FOR the citizens of Richmond County who graciously donated food at Kroger on July 21. The Salvation Army and Richmond County deeply appreciate your generosity. Raves to the citizens of Columbia County, too.

WE DO NEED GRASS police, otherwise known as code enforcement officers, because people who take care of their property are sick and tired of seeing their property values go down because people are not taking care of their property. Cut your grass at least in the front yard.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/07/12 - 03:24 am
Hahaha

The rant says...
CAN YOU IMAGINE A world with no lawyers?

No--not really....don't they go to heaven too??

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/07/12 - 03:29 am
Grass police

Weel maybe we do....but they sho don't need to walk inside my home
esp. if I'm in bed.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/07/12 - 04:26 am
Dream last night...

I dreamed last night that the Sheriffs race was over & Sean Moores name won with write-in votes......but he didn't want it he said.....he insisted that they give it to Riverman.....
Soooo the race is on now......RM was last seen crossing over the state line......running as fast as he could.....

Some want the dang thing........makes ya ponder...heh

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/07/12 - 05:17 am
Push those buttons

Can mean..

Idioms & Phrases

push someone's buttons

Also, press someone's buttons . Draw a strong emotional reaction from someone, especially anger or sexual arousal. For example, My mother-in-law really knew how to push my buttons , or A good-looking redhead, she always seemed to press his buttons . This metaphoric expression transfers activating some mechanism by pushing buttons to human emotions. [Slang; 1920s]

Now....get busy on here pushing those buttons....:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/07/12 - 05:24 am
SeenIt, haha

You don't make any friends when you get into political debates for sure. But about this sandals in church and Jesus post....

I don't know if I would go so far as to criticize Jesus to his face, but if he had not worn sandals to church back then and had been wearing a suit, tie and a fedora with a Clark Gable like mustache instead, he may have looked a little out of place. I might have had to at least whispered to the person in the pew next to me about his outfit while I wore my sandals and robe.

I think the point is wear what's appropriate. For me church is the one place I wear a tie. Do you think the preacher should wear shorts and sandals?

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/07/12 - 05:38 am
Rebellious keeps me laughing..

He said...

It is hypocritical

for Austin Rhodes to criticize anyone for influencing something. He has been swaying elections for years, I believe all based on who pays Beazley Broadcasting for advertisement. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Give me a break.

heh heh....They will try to break you on here reb.....so watch that back!
also that front---also that in between.....LOL

Jane18
Jane18 08/07/12 - 05:47 am
R&R #4

In the 1980's I came to this same realization. I was passed over several times for jobs, promotions, all because I didn't have the right connections. I found out then, it was "who you know, not what you know". That's okay, I still made out pretty good, thank the LORD!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/07/12 - 05:49 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 08/07/12 - 05:58 am
Why No Story on Kiss-in at Chick-fil-A

(Dang, I hate typing out Chick-fil-A) But I wonder why there wasn't a story on the kiss-in the opponents had? I wanted to see pics of the lesbians having at it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/07/12 - 06:07 am
OMG OMG

RM's points are over 8000....he is catching up & will pass me soooon....& he was put in the corner for a month or more.....dang--now I have a headache & will have to go back to bed....sean....how did you let THIS happen.....
My hopes--my dreams are slipping away...nooooooo..:(:(

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/07/12 - 06:13 am
All this talk about the strip

All this talk about the strip clubs downtown and the Sheriffs election has me remembering the strippers at the fair when I was a teenager. That and the statement Elton John made about Madonna. He called her a fairgrounds stripper. Heh.

But the fairgrounds strippers were a coming of age thing, especially the small carnival that used to come up to the shopping center in the old Winn Dixie parking lot. I saw one there one night that I immediately thought of when I heard about something Clinton did in the Oval Office.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/07/12 - 06:23 am
Birds of a feather trick

Will birds of a feather always flock together....or will they go elsewhere to flock.....
That is the question....I find that it is difficult to flock with other birds of an unusual feather.....on the other hand.....they can make life interesting....ha haha

seeya later folks...I have some flocking to do!

Trouble
Trouble 08/07/12 - 06:30 am
correct me if i am wrong...

isnt the supreme court made up of judges? how are you gonna have a supreme court if you dont have lawyers to become judges to make it up?

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/07/12 - 06:36 am
Good point, Trouble. I saw

Good point, Trouble.

I saw the Turtle Man on the Discovery Channel last night and he reminds me of Lee Anderson. Lee should get a hat like Turtle Man's and put a feather in it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/07/12 - 06:39 am
Yep, So Far It's A Good Morning America.

"shorts and flip-flops in church"

It sure would be interesting to see what comments would be made if all the Shorts and Flip-Flops worshipers dropped a "C" note in the collection box each Sunday!

I bet the preacher would demand a change of church clothes attire.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/07/12 - 06:41 am
CG

Hahaha...probably so.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/07/12 - 06:44 am
@6

I think you would get that info out to more people if the "watering hours and car-washing days was printed in the back of CBT cards.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/07/12 - 11:32 am
Old Fella at the Boatramp

I took my boat out of the water late yesterday up at the Riverside boatramp. This old guy came up out there and started to talk fishing and so on with me. He said his family wouldn't let him go out in his boat alone anymore so he liked to talk with others about how they did. He told me a couple of shellcracker, fill up the cooler stories and I told him a few bass stories. Nothing special here except he was a wise and happy person who told me he was 86 years old. He got in his SUV and drove away. I should be so lucky if I ever make it to that age and can be such a happy person.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/07/12 - 06:47 am
@3

What a nice guy! Hummmmm!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/07/12 - 06:50 am
@4

Yes Shameful but what is more shameful is the quality of the education that the children are getting.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/07/12 - 06:56 am
Good Deeds Go Unnoticed

I saw the story about the black barbers giving free haircuts to the kids starting back to school and didn't want to let the story go unnoticed. That's working to help your community. Everyone involved deserves thanks.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/07/12 - 06:58 am
Speaking Of Grass

Lord, Please don't let it rain today so I can bail my 15 acre lawn.

Oh, Good Morning B4, RM and sweet18 and Trouble.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/07/12 - 07:04 am
Richmond County and the Census

They were disappointed by the 2010 census, so now they say wait till 2020. Heh.

Trouble
Trouble 08/07/12 - 07:20 am
correct me if i am wrong...again

once the recap comes off the tire, does it not lead to the flat tire that you are saying is not the cause of all the rubber on the road?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/07/12 - 08:44 am
G'morning posters and posers

Somebody come mow my lawn for me before the yard police come get me.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/07/12 - 09:29 am
On the recaps; PLEASE BAN

On the recaps; PLEASE BAN THEM FOR TRACTOR TRAILERS ALREADY! They are such a hazard for other motorists in general, and motorcyclists in particular.
I realize it will cost me more for the goods delivered, but I am more than willing to incur a extra penny or two to get rid of those things.

allhans
allhans 08/07/12 - 09:42 am
Interesting happening at the

Interesting happening at the pharmacy yesterday. A woman. probably in her sixties was making a pick-up, or that was her intentions, anyhow.
She was a new customer it appeared and the clerk asked for ID, the customer, after much back and forth, said she only has a SC drivers license, that it is expired and she hasn't yet got one from GA.
She finally (remember now, I was waiting in line while all this was taking place) said that she would go check her car.
I was there about 5 more minutes and she was no where to be seen.
ID is REQUIRED....!!!!

Now...Folks...How can anyone sane person not have an ID these days.

harley_52
harley_52 08/07/12 - 09:46 am
"Now...Folks...

....How can anyone sane person not have an ID these days."

Do you mean to include, or exclude, democrats in that question?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/07/12 - 09:48 am
Citizen’s Arrest

Hey, Allhans, you could have made a citizen’s arrest for driving with an expired license. Do you remember Gomer Pyle doing that on The Andy Griffith Show?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/07/12 - 09:50 am
Come to think of it,

Why does the NAACP not protest and boycott pharmacies for "suppressing minority access" to prescription drugs with this discriminatory practice of requiring I.D. to pick up prescriptions?